Photo

== Catapult Of Death ==

15 replies to this topic
raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:58 AM Edited by raymond_calitri, 06 June 2014 - 07:16 AM.

== Catapult Of Death ==

1_0.jpg

http://socialclub.ro...Rw?platformId=1
80% - 115 likes, 14 dislikes, 411 plays

So after that thread about the "ambient / environmental" created jobs, Izzy Glitch and BridgeHat inspired me to go back and work on a idea i had tried before. Im glad i did because i feel like it turned out pretty good. If anything, i can at least say that its original and might not have been done this well before.

I wanted to create a melee deathmatch that included the spinning blades of the wind turbines as a sort of obstacle that launches players to their death if theyre not careful. I elevated some platforms so that the blades spin right through the center of all the action.

Id love for you guys to check it out and to hear what you think.

Xbox GT: CasualMoustache
RS Social Club: Raymond_Calitri
Crew: [MAIN] Malicious Intentt

trumpetblast
  • trumpetblast

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

That looks amazing! - but X360 only?

raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

yea, i made it on xbox, and unfortunately theres no way that i know of to duplicate it to the alternate system.

KillaVolt
  • KillaVolt

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:26 AM Edited by KillaVolt, 04 June 2014 - 11:47 AM.

I could be wrong, but this should work for PS3, haven't tested it.  EDIT: I guess it doesn't work. People were saying it did with Field Of Screams though so I thought it might work for this.

You just change the platformID at the end of the link

http://socialclub.ro...Rw?platformId=2

raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

i heard of that trick and i think i read from another thread that they patched it or something? which doesnt make sense bc why wouldnt they want you to be able to play your jobs on the other console?

KillaVolt
  • KillaVolt

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

It further doesn't make sense because it's basically just data. When it loads the map it'll just load up some kind of list of placements and sh*t, the maps for both systems are the same so there is no reason it can't place the same items in the same places on a different console.

nruhdal
  • nruhdal

a.k.a Relaxi

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

I've made a similar map for PS3 if interested :-)

-> http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

Tip: try and make it to the very top of the windmill to grab the hidden gift!

1_0.jpg

raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

well, sh*t... my job needed a certain tweek to make it better and youve managed to add tons.

i have a bunch-up / cluster issues with the melee fighting - youve sectioned it off. plus the blade passes through multiple areas, increasing the chance to get hit. plus it looks great. just wish i could play it on xbox.

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

1_0.jpg

Cant wait to try this tonight! Loved the Fight Club in Heaven maps. This looks even better. Thanks for sharing.

raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

I linked the opposite consoles job in the comments section of each on the social club for everyones convenience. Enjoy.

Izzy Glitch
  • Izzy Glitch

Creator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

1_0.jpghttp://socialclub.ro...Bw?platformId=2

here is my ps3 map which you inspired. hilarious seeing people fly

nruhdal
  • nruhdal

a.k.a Relaxi

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

well, sh*t... my job needed a certain tweek to make it better and youve managed to add tons.

i have a bunch-up / cluster issues with the melee fighting - youve sectioned it off. plus the blade passes through multiple areas, increasing the chance to get hit. plus it looks great. just wish i could play it on xbox.

The cloud was down when I created it, so I just kept improving it as I couldn't publish it. It's my best Fight Club map yet and you gave me the inspiration, so thank you so much for that! :) - And sure good idea to link each other's jobs.

1_0.jpg

Cant wait to try this tonight! Loved the Fight Club in Heaven maps. This looks even better. Thanks for sharing.

Without sounding too arrogant: Yea, you should be damn excited, this map is the sh*t :D

• paulmgrath likes this

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

The cloud was down when I created it, so I just kept improving it as I couldn't publish it. It's my best Fight Club map yet and you gave me the inspiration, so thank you so much for that! :) - And sure good idea to link each other's jobs.

1_0.jpg

Without sounding too arrogant: Yea, you should be damn excited, this map is the sh*t :D

Gotta be honest my Crew and I enjoy FIH 2 much more than this version, even though the fan was pretty epic. This version felt a little too congested. Still well made though.

nruhdal
  • nruhdal

a.k.a Relaxi

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

1_0.jpg

Gotta be honest my Crew and I enjoy FIH 2 much more than this version, even though the fan was pretty epic. This version felt a little too congested. Still well made though.
Awesome with negative feedback! That's the only way I can improve my maps. You got any suggestions on how I could make this map better? :)

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Awesome with negative feedback! That's the only way I can improve my maps. You got any suggestions on how I could make this map better? :)

I wouldnt really call it negative feedback, just that we enjoy the previous version more :) Like i said it just felt a bit congested and most of the fighting was done right at the beam leading past the fan to the grenades. Only got to play this once so will play again and send you a message  (dont want to keep jacking the OP's thread) if i see any improvements that could be made.

• nruhdal likes this

raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users