Monroe, or JB700

25 replies to this topic
2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

This is not about the performance of these cars! I realize how dramatically faster the Monroe is around a track.

Basically I love the sport classics. I have the Stinger GT and use it all the time (as well as both Mananas and a Tornado). I can't decide if I want to cop the Monroe or the JB700, and I'd like some input as to what the forums think to help. Would love to see pictures if you really love your cars, I realize there are no body mods for each of these vehicles.

I feel like no one owns the JB700, but it looks to be a pretty cool car. Input?

/////
  • /////

German Muscle.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

I would go for the monroe, it looks better imo.

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

Yeah, I love the Miura on which it's based to death. The problem I have with it is that performance-(and somewhat looks)wise it's pretty similar to my Stinger. Because of this, I would probably instantly pick up that JB if I could get it without those damn silly lookin guns.

/////
  • /////

German Muscle.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, I love the Miura on which it's based to death. The problem I have with it is that performance-(and somewhat looks)wise it's pretty similar to my Stinger. Because of this, I would probably instantly pick up that JB if I could get it without those damn silly lookin guns.

Yep, i would pick it up only because it is a miura. And yes those guns just look stupid, ruins the whole car imo.
But the JB is more rare i see no one drive it in online. Choice is up to you, pick the one you think you would like more to cruise around (miura :p).

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

The Monroe is an amazing car for cruising once tuned. I only just got one and am annoyed it took me so long. Such a classy car

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:42 AM Edited by MajorVienna, 04 June 2014 - 05:44 AM.

The JB has Gumby looking oversized headlights on the front. And those damn guns.

Monroe is the classiest car in the game and has a sexy engine sound, just like the real thing. I too never see anyone else driving them.

The smaller wheel varieties suit it well also, so you have more choice there.

radshad
  • radshad

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:45 AM Edited by radshad, 04 June 2014 - 05:49 AM.

Monroe has terrible handling, you're better off getting a Grotti Stinger GT if you want a true sports classic.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Sorry just read you already have the Stinger GT, I would go for the Monroe, hands down

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

I'd go with the Monroe since you're getting the better looks and perfomance. Those guns on the jb700 are just so damn ugly
  • 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:33 AM Edited by AwesomeJokeGTA, 04 June 2014 - 07:59 AM.

JB 700 if you wanna be unique in this game
Monroe if you wanna be a generic scrub

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

Monroe's pretty cool, but I've personally got a space reserved in garage #2 for a JB 700 - just want a bit of vintage DB5 class in there at some point! 

kennybruz
  • kennybruz

PSN - kennybruz

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

The Muira/Monroe is sooooo damn sexy, but for that "rarity" factor, you can't go past the Aston.

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

The monroe is so fun to drive!! It has a slightly higher ground clearance than any other super/sports cars that I know of, so you can take it off road and not worry about getting stuck on a rock. Even though it does have that slightly higher ground clearance, it is still one of the lowest sitting cars in the game, it only comes up to around my characters waste height wise.  Once you get the steering down it's a blast to whip around corners in.

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Why not both?  This game will last a long time, get one and if it doesn't work out get another.  Honestly if I want a new ride I put aside the one I'm leaning towards and buy the one I'm not sure about, to give it a chance to win the garage spot.  If it don't win me over I replace it with the other.  Don't worry about the money,  making more ain't hard.

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Monroe, but only because I hate the guns on the jb700

• blackwolfred and 2Chains4Bracelets like this

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Probably one of the hardest "A or B" questions.  I have both, I just wish they'd take the guns off the JB700.  I would JUST ABOUT say I prefer the Monroe.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Tokelau

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

I've had both. I currently have a Monroe because of its performance in races.

0_0.jpg

Though I did have a JB700, and it is quite a unique looking car. If we're only focusing on looks, then go with the JB700.

0_0.jpg

• tali vas Normandy likes this

Monkey Toes
  • Monkey Toes

Gentleman Extrordinare

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:44 PM

My JB700 is far and away my favorite car I own.  The only thing I wish I could change would be a LS Customs option to remove the guns.  It can get really tail happy, but it is pretty zippy and has a lovely whine to its engine.  Also, if you hate having your headlights busted, the JB700 is notably resistant to having its own break (Thanks to the lights being as far back as they are, you need to hit something hard to bust 'em).

0_0.jpg

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

♡Saving the galaxy and looking out for you 24/7♡

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Monroe for sure

xxJ0n4Th0Nxx
  • xxJ0n4Th0Nxx

Who?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Just bought a Monroe today, fanged it round in freeroam for a while, I love it. Very fast and handles waaay better than my stinger gt which had been my only option for SC races (other than my Roosevelt but im not racing that lol). Only ever drove the JB700 in that one SP mission, never driven an upgraded one but I like the look of it.

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Alright folks, triggers have been pulled.

-I didn't get both because I don't have the garage space (just two weeks or so after High Life, I know...)

-I got the Monroe

-The decision was against my stylistic preference, but I decided the guns on the JB as well as the weirdly sloped rear end just kind of turned me off.

-I love the Miura, but really hate that silly hood scoop they stuck on the Monroe

-The Monroe is one of the best cars I've tried when it comes to being planted ridiculously firmly on the ground. Maybe it's 'cause the car sits so low, but man. The thing just begs to be pushed to high speeds so that it can be barely controllable. I love the handling, and it's also decidedly anti-fishtailing which is a dramatic change in direction from my Stinger GT.

-Overall I feel that the Monroe is the obvious performance winner of the two, but I wasn't basing my purchase on that. However, the Monroe performs so well and with such unique driving traits that I feel it's worth owning just for its ability to keep up with even the speediest (and often slipperiest) sports cars (think Obey 9F/Pfister Comet). What really killed the JB for me was as I said- those damn un-functional guns on the front.

-I am very philosophically opposed to the slats on the back of the Monroe. While accurate for the main car that they were basing off of (Miura), I do feel that rearward-bulletproof vehicle driving in the game is a pussy move.

With that said, here's some pictures:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

-On a final note, the only downside to the Monroe is it's dramatically wide turn-radius. Which is actually pretty accurate for a car so low and wide.

-As stated above, the car is great at going over bumpy terrain and has surprisingly phenomenal ground clearance.

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

f*ck the jb700 its gta and you cant even use the guns. Pointless car. I sold my monroe because of the rear window louovers. Id rather see the engine block. Stinger Gt all the way followed by the hardtop manana.

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

f*ck the jb700 its gta and you cant even use the guns. Pointless car. I sold my monroe because of the rear window louovers. Id rather see the engine block. Stinger Gt all the way followed by the hardtop manana.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

OJSNotguilty
  • OJSNotguilty

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

Monroe FTW

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:45 AM Edited by mysteriousamg, 14 June 2014 - 07:48 AM.

The monroe isnt a bad car either but its not good enough to replace none of my prized cars.

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Monroe if you can't overlook the guns.JB if you want to be unique

Dru Mane
  • Dru Mane

Commisioner of Straight Gwap Bandit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

on top of the guns looking silly, they don't even work!!! if they were working id get the jb 700

• ///// likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users