1,580 replies to this topic
Ezza.
  • Ezza.

Massacro <3

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

Wouldn't it be cool on maybe Next gen in GTA VI or something they remade the entire USA?

Not a full USA, but something smaller like "The Crew" did. Los Santos/San Fierro/Las Venturas by the West Coast, Liberty City by the East coast, Vice City in Florida, North Yankton up north, and add in a few more cities based on real life. (Chicago, Austin, Detroit etc)

Have it not TOO big, but just big enough so it would take you maybe an hour to get from Los Santos to Liberty City by car. And have a teleport kind of thing at each cities respective airport.

Imagine how good it would be if there was 64 players in one lobby, spread out over GTA's version of the Entire United States. If you wanted peace, move out to the desert. Want a secluded beach front home? Move somewhere inbetween cities and the smaller towns dotted around.

For me, a map like that with a storyline that spreads out across the whole country would be the ultimate GTA.

The Crew map:

-Snip-

Not even a PC would be able to handle this much. it would seriously kill the gaming rig. 

Well the crew's debuting with the above map in a few months, which releases with Xbox One/PS4 and PC.

And it has been confirmed to be as open world as GTA. See a mountain? You can go over it.

Hell, if that's too much to handle then I'm sure the PS5 and Xbox Two? 720? Would have enough power to handle it.

As I said, it's not the entire USA, it's a smaller version of it. 100 or so square miles.

If Ubisoft can do it with a racing game, then we all know Rockstar could do it with GTA

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

the bottom right of the gtaV map is totally untouched, maybe they'll put something mexican there. I mean with extended land of course.

• PsychoGamer likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

-------

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

I really hope next gen GTA 5 will be the entire state. Without the technical limitations, it'll be alot easier to cram more content in.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:49 AM Edited by Zanje, 10 June 2014 - 10:50 AM.

Personally hoping for a return to LC and Alderney, and you could just have the airport be the loading gate between them. Go to a booth, buy a ticket for some expensive price, then you load into LC airport. would provide a money sink and make buying a plane have a use as opposed to just stealing them all the time, bypass the "ticket" cost by "flying" yourself.

But a HD remade San Fierro and Las Venturas would be really cool as well.

• The7thOne likes this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Wouldn't it be cool on maybe Next gen in GTA VI or something they remade the entire USA?

Not a full USA, but something smaller like "The Crew" did. Los Santos/San Fierro/Las Venturas by the West Coast, Liberty City by the East coast, Vice City in Florida, North Yankton up north, and add in a few more cities based on real life. (Chicago, Austin, Detroit etc)

Have it not TOO big, but just big enough so it would take you maybe an hour to get from Los Santos to Liberty City by car. And have a teleport kind of thing at each cities respective airport.

Imagine how good it would be if there was 64 players in one lobby, spread out over GTA's version of the Entire United States. If you wanted peace, move out to the desert. Want a secluded beach front home? Move somewhere inbetween cities and the smaller towns dotted around.

For me, a map like that with a storyline that spreads out across the whole country would be the ultimate GTA.

The Crew map:

-Snip-

Not even a PC would be able to handle this much. it would seriously kill the gaming rig. 

Well the crew's debuting with the above map in a few months, which releases with Xbox One/PS4 and PC.

And it has been confirmed to be as open world as GTA. See a mountain? You can go over it.

Hell, if that's too much to handle then I'm sure the PS5 and Xbox Two? 720? Would have enough power to handle it.

As I said, it's not the entire USA, it's a smaller version of it. 100 or so square miles.

If Ubisoft can do it with a racing game, then we all know Rockstar could do it with GTA

Well the map is waaaaay to big. it needs adjusting a little bit 

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

With the recent announcement of GTA 5 on next gen consoles and PC, we can finally be sure that they will add a new map in the game.

It was too much for the old consoles to handle,so who know's what were going to see...San fierro? Las venturas?

#hypetrain

• ivarblaauw likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:08 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 10 June 2014 - 12:39 PM.

With the recent announcement of GTA 5 on next gen consoles and PC, we can finally be sure that they will add a new map in the game.

It was too much for the old consoles to handle,so who know's what were going to see...San fierro? Las venturas?

#hypetrain

My guess: San Fierro in Northern San Andreas. Look at my earlier posts. You see why.

Also: If you fly out of the map anywhere, you can fly for at least 2 minutes straight (with the buzzard). This is however not the case in the north. If you fly that way, just 30 seconds out of the coast your helicopter will be destroyed, and you die.

This is very promising I think, because it looks like we are not allowed to enter that part right now. 

EDIT: 

changed the map to look more like the picture of Paleto Bay

25k1k0m.jpg

• dyz, ANAL_PLUNDERING and Gallioni Pepperoni like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

Massacro <3

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

The Crew map:

-Snip-

Well the map is waaaaay to big. it needs adjusting a little bit 

Scaled down from the whole USA?

Definitely. The only reason I said a map that big would run on the assumption that the consoles could handle it.

Instead of having an unconnected series of maps on different servers, or cities on opposite coasts illogically placed next to each other, R* could combine it into a huge USA shaped map. Big, but not too big. 

We- uh, Rockstar have decided that it would  probably be the last GTA we'd ever see, so, may as well make it memorable.

• ivarblaauw likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

-------

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

I also think that they might add more map space on top of a complete state of San Andreas. Plane tickets to LC, Vice City, and North Yankton would be nice. Also, I think they might finally open that mineshaft that everyone was talking about.

• ivarblaauw, theGTAking101 and NubcakeVII like this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

I also think that they might add more map space on top of a complete state of San Andreas. Plane tickets to LC, Vice City, and North Yankton would be nice. Also, I think they might finally open that mineshaft that everyone was talking about.

A little mineshaft would be so much fun xD :D

• theGTAking101 and The7thOne like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

-------

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

This.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:16 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 11 June 2014 - 06:17 AM.

This.

I just read the first part of your comment (forget about that, sorry :) )

First of all: I am glad we can have a pretty decent discussion here, while showing evidence etc. Other members (most of you probably know what/whom I am talking about) just don't listen to the feedback you give them or actual facts.

second:
Northern San Andreas is a given. First of all it is mentioned multiple times in Grand Theft Auto V. Also Lester mentioned Paleto County to be north of Paleto Bay. This means that the game already assumes that Northern San Andreas is there, even while we can't see it.

Grand Theft Auto V is currently only featuring Southern San Andreas (and North Yankton). However, this could easily change when they add Northern San Andreas. 

Just some facts about Northern San Andreas in V:

- As soon as you fly into Northern San Andreas Airspace, you will be killed after 30 seconds out of the coast, while to the west and north you can fly at least 4x longer.

- Paleto County is North of Paleto Bay, but we can't see it? it is mentioned however.

- San Fierro is mentioned, it is a city in Northern San Andreas, probably at the west coast of Northern San Andreas.

- Red county is mentioned, it is a county in Northern San Andreas, (north) east of Paleto county and East of San Fierro county.

- You can see the coast and some mountains of Northern San Andreas in a post card of Paleto Bay. This is official Artwork of Rockstargames 

- The place where the bridge is most likely to be featured, has no collectibles or items (like ufo's, shipwrecks etc.) just a pale rock which can easily be used as a beam.

- The game acts like Northern San Andreas is already there. However, we can't go there.

- Rockstar confirmed that they will add new places to GTA Online/V. 

Not a fact but a given:

- Rockstar probably first want to finish the state before moving to another project, however, with GTA Online around the corner, I think they will actually stay close to this project and never really leave it.

Probably nothing but still worth of mentioning:

- The place where Northern San Andreas should be, is avoided by each shot in the Next Generation Trailer. You can't see anything of the northern part of the map in the trailer. This raises about 20% suspicion with me. Maybe we will see it. But I still highly doubt it tho. Still, I feel like I should mention it here. :)

• dyz, ezfaun, ANAL_PLUNDERING and 4 others like this

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Your nuts?

I agree the part you said about northern san andreas.

What about the San Fierro and Las Venturas Postcards?

I found these postcards referring to other cities. on the store desk.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

Your nuts?

Well, I won't go in a discussion with you;

but: Can you show those cards of San Fierro and Las Venturas?

thanks.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

ask yourself has anyone in the history of gaming ever added a whole new map to an existing one  (not a new area with boundaries, meaning the call of duty sh*t don't count)

No.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

ask yourself has anyone in the history of gaming ever added a whole new map to an existing one  (not a new area with boundaries, meaning the call of duty sh*t don't count)

No.

YES, a lot of mmo's do that all the time.

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

Your nuts?

thanks.

WAIT

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

No.

Ayy If they do, it would be a groundbreaking achievement. Have you ever felt that the map was lacking something that was homogenous to all its

predecessors? Maybe they're adding all this on next gen because they can't achieve it on the now 9 year old hardware.

Man it's like launch week all over again. I love this feeling.

• ivarblaauw likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

No.

Ayy If they do, it would be a groundbreaking achievement. Have you ever felt that the map was lacking something that was homogenous to all its

predecessors? Maybe they're adding all this on next gen because they can't achieve it on the now 9 year old hardware.

Yes indeed :D I really feel pumped up again. It's awesome to have another count down to something "unknown/new"

Your nuts?

thanks.

WAIT

Okay :)

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

Your nuts?

thanks.

here they found references from the store desk where you see the las venturas lottery 

• ivarblaauw likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:55 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 11 June 2014 - 07:00 AM.

here they found references from the store desk where you see the las venturas lottery 

Thanks for the contribution :) never seen this,
I am going to watch it right now ;)

EDIT:
Even though it are only lottery tickets, its clear that Las Venturas exists in the HD universe. Another one to add to the couple of references to Las Venturas. 
Unfortunately it is still unclear if Las Venturas exists in San Andreas, or if it has it's own state in the HD universe. This is still unknown

grosseplotte99
  • grosseplotte99

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

So is green normal? thx all for you inputting.

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for the contribution :) never seen this,
I am going to watch it right now ;)

EDIT:
Even though it are only lottery tickets, its clear that Las Venturas exists in the HD universe. Another one to add to the couple of references to Las Venturas. 
Unfortunately it is still unclear if Las Venturas exists in San Andreas, or if it has it's own state in the HD universe. This is still unknown

The real life Las Vegas is in Nevada.

San Andreas State includes Red County, San Fierro and Los Santos are only existed in this state of san andreas.

I don't think we be getiing Las Venturas, it's in another state.

" Fly to Liberty City"  "Fly to San Fierro"

Does this mean for the PS4 GTA5 and Xbone

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by GroveVendetta, 11 June 2014 - 07:16 AM.

No.

its not the 90s anymore but the day "ground breaking achievements" start again let me know cause the last "ground breaking achievement" was made by apple in 2007

YES, a lot of mmo's do that all the time.

what mmo on a console has ever done that?

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

For now what we now about Northern San Andreas geologically:

- Paleto County in the South (west) part of Northern San Andreas

- Red county in the East part of Northern San Andreas

- San Fierro in the (north) west part of Northern San Andreas.

this leaves the east partially open, which could mean that there could be another city there, which should be based on Sacramento.
But these are only rumors.

But that Northern San Andreas is in the HD universe, that is a given. The GTA V world already acts like it is in the game, even though it isn't.

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

For now what we now about Northern San Andreas geologically:

- Paleto County in the South (west) part of Northern San Andreas

- Red county in the East part of Northern San Andreas

- San Fierro in the (north) west part of Northern San Andreas.

this leaves the east partially open, which could mean that there could be another city there, which should be based on Sacramento.
But these are only rumors.

But that Northern San Andreas is in the HD universe, that is a given. The GTA V world already acts like it is in the game, even though it isn't.

What about "Fly to Liberty City"?

I saw a poster of it somewhere.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

There are a lot of references in the game. 

There are posters which say:
Fly to Liberty City,

Fly to Vice City,

Fly to Las Venturas 

etc.

These could be included in future DLC, but remember that these will probably only be accessible by commercial Airplane, not by car. 
I wish it would be, I truly do, but I don't see Rockstargames do that, yet.

Rockstargames probably first wants to finish the State of San Andreas. Then they will worry about other states. They now have the resources and funding (an continuous stream of money from Sharkcards and payed DLC) to make this happen. 

Now Grand Theft Auto V went Next Generation, the options are way bigger than before. They now have almost infinite memory in both HDD as RAM and they can easily increase map size as they wish. Their engine is also fit for the Next Gen consoles, so they don't have to recreate an engine from scratch. This is a real time saver for them.

To long, didn't read:
Rockstargames probably first wants to finish the State of San Andreas before moving on to another state.

Dragon-X
  • Dragon-X

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:10 AM Edited by Dragon-X, 11 June 2014 - 08:11 AM.

No.

YES. Look at Burnout Paradise, an OpenWorld Map. And they brought out the Big Surf Island DLC, wich turns a construction Site for a Bridge into an actual Bridge with a new Island behind it ! (Yeah the Island was not as big as the main map, but its a map addition) And its no MMO, so technically it is possible to add new Parts to a OpenWorld Map  (Single & Multiplayer) .

But the question is if R* WILL add new Map?

• ivarblaauw likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

No.

YES. Look at Burnout Paradise, an OpenWorld Map. And they brought out the Big Surf Island DLC, wich turns a construction Site for a Bridge into an actual Bridge with a new Island behind it ! (Yeah the Island was not as big as the main map, but its a map addition) And its no MMO, so technically it is possible to add new Parts to a OpenWorld Map  (Single & Multiplayer) .

Yes and Yes.

They confirmed it for f*ck sake xD hahaha :p

why does no one believe R* on their word. We will see heists, only a while later because of hackers and modders. Don't worry. 

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

No.

thought you would use an example like DC Universe or Defiant but burnout was not a mmo most players you could play with was like 16 and they let you access and area of the map they didn't add sh*t.

do you really think burnout set the standard for racing games? folish german

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users