Photo

Future map additions

1,747 replies to this topic
ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:41 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 05 June 2014 - 09:42 AM.

This makes me feel warm on the inside. The first gaming company since Bungie to have true ambitions to take their games further than what was expected.
This is my desires above all else:

San Fierro
Las Venturas
Vice City
Liberty City

All in the GTA V engine. Oh, and the ability to take a car with us. I want to take my Dominator to the streets of Las Venturas <3

Well, I am pretty sure that at least the whole of San Andreas will be accessible within the same map (by bridges I guess)

Don't expect to travel with your car from San Andreas to Liberty State tho...

For states like Liberty State, Alderney and Yankton I see them using a garage option or something. 

However I would love to be wrong and that they make a giant map (like the Crew or Forza Horizon 2) so you can drive anywhere... But I don't think that will happen (not on Last Gen consoles at least)

TEENWULF
  • TEENWULF

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

It's all really exciting. I cant wait to see an official announcement
  • ivarblaauw likes this

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

haha the servers can barley handle the online as it is, and you expect more islands side by side with los santos

• JohnDoe7125539271 likes this

TEENWULF
  • TEENWULF

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

haha the servers can barley handle the online as it is, and you expect more islands side by side with los santos

Why, in a place for personal opinion and speculation, do arseholes have to come along with their dickhead attitude?

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:56 AM Edited by waters, 05 June 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Why, in a place for personal opinion and speculation, do arseholes have to come along with their dickhead attitude?

aww did i just burst your bubble there son?

truth hurts

your so deluded to think there is gonna be a map pack any time soon, wake up

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

truth hurts

Uuh the servers can handle it fairly well.
And no, it does not have anything to do with map size.

Freezes and time out's occur because players have bad internet (when all players in a session have good internet, no one will freeze or lag) which leads to areas behind them are still loaded in full detail, while the areas in front of them are also loaded. If this happens with to many players at the same time, the memory of your console is filled and you freeze. 

It has nothing to do with map size, but I hope I have informed you with some useful information :)

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

truth hurts

Freezes and time out's occur because players have bad internet (when all players in a session have good internet, no one will freeze or lag) which leads to areas behind them are still loaded in full detail, while the areas in front of them are also loaded. If this happens with to many players at the same time, the memory of your console is filled and you freeze. 

It has nothing to do with map size, but I hope I have informed you with some useful information :)

so why in a 16 player server are the streets dead, nothing happening, no hpv, no crates, nothing, mate youve been spewing that same sh*tty argument for ages now, but hey, if you believe that a new map is gonna come along any time soon, be my guest

TEENWULF
  • TEENWULF

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

[quote name="ivarblaauw" post="1065528231" timestamp="1401962361"]

[quote name="waters" post="1065528228" timestamp="1401962193"]

[quote name="TEENWULF" post="1065528223" timestamp="1401962082"]

[quote name="waters" post="1065528214" timestamp="1401961938"]
haha the servers can barley handle the online as it is, and you expect more islands side by side with los santos[/quote]
 [/quote]

truth [/quote]

There's no bubble to burst. The truth is, you're a prick
  • ivarblaauw, theGTAking101 and Thespaz9 like this

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

[quote name="waters" post="1065528228" timestamp="1401962193"]

[quote name="TEENWULF" post="1065528223" timestamp="1401962082"]

[quote name="waters" post="1065528214" timestamp="1401961938"]
haha the servers can barley handle the online as it is, and you expect more islands side by side with los santos[/quote]
 [/quote]

truth

There's no bubble to burst. The truth is, you're a prick

such a badass

dont worry mate, mabye that official announcement will come out at the same time as heists

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:11 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 05 June 2014 - 10:15 AM.

so why in a 16 player server are the streets dead, nothing happening, no hpv, no crates, nothing, mate youve been spewing that same sh*tty argument for ages now, but hey, if you believe that a new map is gonna come along any time soon, be my guest

It is not a sh*tty argument, it is the truth, and you can b*tch and whine about it so many times, but you are wrong. 
Also Rockstar themselves SAID that they want to expand GTA Online with maps. They confirmed it for f*ck sake xD 

You don't agree with me, all right, but don't go full retard on me and bashing anything I say...

Back on topic.

EDIT: 

When I play full sessions (16 players) there is just as much as when I play on my own in Private sessions... Maybe a few less pedestrians or vehicles because these are more divided over the map. But this has to do with RAM memory NOT HDD Memory.

Map size has to do with HDD memory unless it loads the full map from the beginning. But GTA doesn't use that. It uses CELL LOADING, which means only a certain part of the map is rendered when you play there. The rest are just low poly models. In the gameindustry this is called LOD, Level of Detail. 

There are multiple stages, IE: 100 meters, 500 meters, 50 meters, 10 meters, 1KM etc. When at one KM distance, you don't need to see details. so it won't load details. 

You understand this? 

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

If they add something big in the actual GTAO, it will explode.

They must release GTAO in next gen and PC, damn it.

But I think they were too optimistic. It's really hard for them already to launch the heists... Come on, GTAO opened on October, heist possibly released on June...

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

It is not a sh*tty argument, it is the truth, and you can b*tch and whine about it so many times, but you are wrong. 
Also Rockstar themselves SAID that they want to expand GTA Online with maps. They confirmed it for f*ck sake xD 

You don't agree with me, all right, but don't go full retard on me and bashing anything I say...

Back on topic.

mate start playing in public servers before you comment on the state of online, please link where rockstar said they are gonna expand the MAPS in los santos, i think they meant they will expand gta online, new maps new servers bro, + stop believing in everything rockstar says

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

This makes me feel warm on the inside. The first gaming company since Bungie to have true ambitions to take their games further than what was expected.
San Fierro
Las Venturas
Vice City
Liberty City
All in the GTA V engine. Oh, and the ability to take a car with us. I want to take my Dominator to the streets of Las Venturas <3

Well, I am pretty sure that at least the whole of San Andreas will be accessible within the same map (by bridges I guess)
For states like Liberty State, Alderney and Yankton I see them using a garage option or something. 
However I would love to be wrong and that they make a giant map (like the Crew or Forza Horizon 2) so you can drive anywhere... But I don't think that will happen (not on Last Gen consoles at least)

I think it can be done. For those who have played Skyrim as an example, the map is huge and the detail is very high for your nearby surroundings, but the faraway views are low detail. They could probably do this so that you could see the bridge to San Fierro and then the city is surrounded by fog and you can just about make out the buildings through it.
Go to Chilliads peak and look at the city, and that is something similar to what I mean.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:19 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 05 June 2014 - 10:24 AM.

fine here is it:

http://www.computera...-on-gta-online/

I have my facts straight. And no, I won't hate or bash you for your opinion. 
But maybe it is your internet which is bad, because when I play in full sessions I don't have problems (unless some f*cktards with bad internet join) But even then, my last freeze was over 2 months ago... And I have a first generation xbox360.

And yeah, I play GTA Online atleast 15 hours to 25 hours a week, so I play a lot.

San Fierro
Las Venturas
Vice City
Liberty City

I think it can be done. For those who have played Skyrim as an example, the map is huge and the detail is very high for your nearby surroundings, but the faraway views are low detail. They could probably do this so that you could see the bridge to San Fierro and then the city is surrounded by fog and you can just about make out the buildings through it.
Go to Chilliads peak and look at the city, and that is something similar to what I mean.

Yeah, but Skyrim was way smaller than GTA map.

However I understand your point.

In the gaming industry we call it LOD: the Level of Detail. 

If you are far away a model is very low poly, the closer you come, the more detailed it will become.

They call this cell loading. A lot of games use this because it fills the RAM memory a lot less.

Skyrim however has a problem that if you play too long, you will get frequent crashes. This is because everything what you did is remembered at some point (like chests you put stuff in, dead bodies etc.)
GTA doesn't have this, except maybe your personal vehicle, so yeah, GTA doesn't have to worry about that.

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:24 AM Edited by waters, 05 June 2014 - 10:26 AM.

fine here is it:

But maybe it is your internet which is bad, because when I play in full sessions I don't have problems (unless some f*cktards with bad internet join) But even then, my last freeze was over 2 months ago... And I have a first generation xbox360.

And yeah, I play GTA Online atleast 15 hours to 25 hours a week, so I play a lot.

haha you posted a link before the game was released, you still think The Benz has the same goals for ps3/xbox360, look mate im ending this here, i hope that new maps will come out, for your sake

+edit i have seen this link before, this means nothing, while there is hacking/modding/glitching going on, you will be lucky to ever see any of the wishlist stuff on this site

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

But I think they were too optimistic. It's really hard for them already to launch the heists... Come on, GTAO opened on October, heist possibly released on June...

Yes because porting the game to a platform rife with hackers and differentiating hardware is such a good idea at this present stage. PC will get its release eventually so shut up.
I don't think you have the authority to state what the current generation of consoles is capable of. Rockstar designed the game to accept future add-ons, as with many game companies. They don't design a game to maximum capability of the platform in case they need to compensate for certain factors.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

fine here is it:

haha you posted a link before the game was released, you still think The Benz has the same goals for ps3/xbox360, look mate im ending this here, i hope that new maps will come out, for your sake

+edit i have seen this link before, this means nothing, while there is hacking/modding/glitching going on, you will be lucky to ever see any of the wishlist stuff on this site

I have seen way more stuff, but this is the first link I thought of :)

You are right about the Hacking, modding and glitching. That is a pain in the *ss for Rockstar. 
However, no matter what R* said, other islands are easily possible.

if not as loaded in the same game (which can easily be accomplished) then it can be loaded as a separate map. 

So possible it is.

Yes because porting the game to a platform rife with hackers and differentiating hardware is such a good idea at this present stage. PC will get its release eventually so shut up.
I don't think you have the authority to state what the current generation of consoles is capable of. Rockstar designed the game to accept future add-ons, as with many game companies. They don't design a game to maximum capability of the platform in case they need to compensate for certain factors.

True. Rockstar didn't suspect hackers and modders. I personally don't understand why those guys even do that -.-

Luckily Heists are close, R* fixed most exploits and finally bans people who hack or mod.

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by V HoneyBadger V, 05 June 2014 - 10:43 AM.

fine here is it:

San Fierro
Las Venturas
Vice City
Liberty City

Yeah, but Skyrim was way smaller than GTA map.
However I understand your point.
In the gaming industry we call it LOD: the Level of Detail. 

If you are far away a model is very low poly, the closer you come, the more detailed it will become.
They call this cell loading. A lot of games use this because it fills the RAM memory a lot less.

Skyrim however has a problem that if you play too long, you will get frequent crashes. This is because everything what you did is remembered at some point (like chests you put stuff in, dead bodies etc.)
GTA doesn't have this, except maybe your personal vehicle, so yeah, GTA doesn't have to worry about that.
I do know about Skyrim crashing and LOD. The mantra of "Mod it until it crashes" is one I follow religiously. I have around 200 mods, and I have gotten rid of CTD, but now I have infinite loading screens *bashes fists into keyboard*
I think the cell loading concept is probably the most feasible idea.
Rockstar won't scrap these ideas, because having more than one island would make millions of us happy, and even the haters would come crawling back.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

I do know about Skyrim crashing and LOD. The mantra of "Mod it until it crashes" is one I follow religiously. I have around 200 mods, and I have gotten rid of CTD, but now I have infinite loading screens *bashes fists into keyboard*
Rockstar won't scrap these ideas, because having more than one island would make millions of us happy, and even the haters would come crawling back.

If they don't do it for the players, they will do it for the money $$$

And yeah mods with skyrim :) only reason why I sometimes play on the PC... really. it is the only reason xD

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

They've always got some fishy sh*t up their sleeve so I'm not leaving this one out yet.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

I think the online that we have now will continue to grow into next gen and beyond. R* dont need to make a new online for each new gta that comes out, they can just expand the one we have.

I am always wondering about this. as you can tell, there are many different between GTA4 and 5,e ven they are both HD, the car physics is different, control is different, and I can expect GTA6 will be more complicated and detailed, so how can all these things merge together?

what I think possible, is to let GTAO become a stand alone game, adding new citys as DLC to the existing GTAO. we play with existing system with new map, new mission and some new ideas too.

• ivarblaauw likes this

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

If they don't do it for the players, they will do it for the money $$$
And yeah mods with skyrim :) only reason why I sometimes play on the PC... really. it is the only reason xD
All other games are obsolete lol. When elder scrolls 6 comes out in a few years then that will be my reason haha.
  • ivarblaauw likes this

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

It's possible...
But it looks like R* isn't really working hard on Online's updates, so I don't expect anything big unless R* really steps their sh*t up.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

The ps3 and Xbox 360 aren't powerful enough to load more data. Everyone knows that the online servers can't facilitate all those people and data. I believe that GTA 6 will have an even bigger and more detailed map as the consoles have the capacity to play them. Unfortunately rockstar would have added San Fierro and Las Venturas if they could have.  

Vanilla-Bear
  • Vanilla-Bear

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:12 AM Edited by Vanilla-Bear, 05 June 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Dreamers, the lot of you. No extra islands are coming.
It's been out over 7 months already and we STILL haven't got what was slated for its actual release... Heists!
Wether it's technically possible or not is irrelivent. They won't spend the time, money and resources needed to do so on that when maintaining what they have given us is proving to be quite a job for them. I mean, how could they? (That's rhetorical by the way, don't be a smartass and answer).
Also, the content they loosely described as coming is probably the cars, clothes, guns we're already getting along with new game modes and other simple additions. At a push, the casino and racetrack may make an appearance.
New islands.... Haha the forum needs to lay off the crack!!
  • JohnDoe7125539271 likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 05 June 2014 - 11:20 AM.

All other games are obsolete lol. When elder scrolls 6 comes out in a few years then that will be my reason haha.

true xD

okay back on topic:

They've always got some fishy sh*t up their sleeve so I'm not leaving this one out yet.

yup, it is R* so we can expect a lot ;-)

I think the online that we have now will continue to grow into next gen and beyond. R* dont need to make a new online for each new gta that comes out, they can just expand the one we have.

I am always wondering about this. as you can tell, there are many different between GTA4 and 5,e ven they are both HD, the car physics is different, control is different, and I can expect GTA6 will be more complicated and detailed, so how can all these things merge together?

what I think possible, is to let GTAO become a stand alone game, adding new citys as DLC to the existing GTAO. we play with existing system with new map, new mission and some new ideas too.

Stand Alone could be possible. Or they tweak it to become the same in patches/updates/hotfixes as they do now. 

But we know one thing for sure:

GTA Online is here to stay :)

It's possible...
But it looks like R* isn't really working hard on Online's updates, so I don't expect anything big unless R* really steps their sh*t up.

They are. They are first taking action against exploiters, glitchers, cheaters, modders and hackers. (that's a mouth full)

expect something big after this is fixed. which can be quite soon, because R* is giving permabans as we speak.

The ps3 and Xbox 360 aren't powerful enough to load more data. Everyone knows that the online servers can't facilitate all those people and data. I believe that GTA 6 will have an even bigger and more detailed map as the consoles have the capacity to play them. Unfortunately rockstar would have added San Fierro and Las Venturas if they could have.  

They are strong enough for multiple islands. They are not strong enough for all utility, peds and vehicles to handle. next gen is 16x stronger. 16x!!! so yeah...

And no they won't have released those cities along because they can triple their money by selling them as dlc/separate packs.

It's been out over 7 months already and we STILL haven't got what was slated for its actual release... Heists!
Wether it's technically possible or not is irrelivent. They won't spend the time, money and resources needed to do so on that when maintaining what they have given us is proving to be quite a job for them. I mean, how could they? (That's rhetorical by the way, don't be a smartass and answer).
Also, the content they loosely described as coming is probably the cars, clothes, guns we're already getting along with new game modes and other simple additions. At a push, the casino and racetrack may make an appearance.

I already explained this above :).

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Haha, you need to lay off the forum!
  • ivarblaauw and Thespaz9 like this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

The servers doesn't load the map. That's the console's job. Saying that, look at TDU2. That sh*t was huge. But yes, I don't see Rockstar venturing into a new island anytime soon.

I'm hopeful but realistically, I'll be content with a bug free and properly functioning gta online. Any expansion would be a god given bonus imo.

• ivarblaauw likes this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

The servers doesn't load the map. That's the console's job. Saying that, look at TDU2. That sh*t was huge. But yes, I don't see Rockstar venturing into a new island anytime soon.

I'm hopeful but realistically, I'll be content with a bug free and properly functioning gta online. Any expansion would be a god given bonus imo.

I hope they do work it like TDU2.

It'd be a cool but slow way to move your cars from one Island to another.

I hope Johnny on the spot learns how to fly a Cargobob, though

• Cudwieser, ivarblaauw and Boblel like this

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

Golden Gate bridge FTW. Drug smuggling by boat from SF to LS. Courtesy of the San Fierro Rifas.

Hell yeah.
  • ivarblaauw likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users