Photo

is Toni Cipriani a domestic terrorist?

20 replies to this topic
Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:41 AM

Surely if this happened in real life Toni would be a top ten wanted fugitive. Blowing up Fort Stauton must have killed thousands. Would this make Toni the most wanted character in the III era?
  • quxxo and Tao Cheng like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

This would make Toni the most wanted criminal, but weapons owned and stored by Forellis' underground were blamed for the explosion so noone other than Toni, Donald Love and 8-Ball know what really happened.

• lol232, ToyGT_one and Spadge007 like this

Cakelover21
  • Cakelover21

It's all Michaels fault!

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Didn't he blow up the Shorside Vale tunnel too? I can't really remember the story it was a long time. Might have been the same thing idk.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

He only blew up the old subway.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Toni pulled some Al Qaeda sh*t just for a $5000 reward because Donald Love said so, and I guess to take out a few Forellis among a lot of innocent people. That technically makes Love a Bin Laden-type figure.

• Silent, universetwisters, xXGst0395Xx and 1 other like this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

Toni pulled some Al Qaeda sh*t just for a $5000 reward because Donald Love said so, and I guess to take out a few Forellis among a lot of innocent people. That technically makes Love a Bin Laden-type figure.

On a positive note, it does explain this.

FortStaunton-GTA3-southwards.jpg

I agree though, I'm pretty amazed Toni got away with it, though I shouldn't be considering all the other crazy sh*t that happens in the GTA universe.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

I agree though, I'm pretty amazed Toni got away with it, though I shouldn't be considering all the other crazy sh*t that happens in the GTA universe.

Yeah, considering CJ was able to rob an army train of some kind of mystery goo and break into a military base for a jetpack, and we were able to pull off all of these robberies in V (including the biggest take in American history) without a hitch and with no sign forensics or anything even being done afterward. But I do think Toni blowing up Fort Staunton is easily the worst act a protagonist has done within a story, considering the destruction and how a ton of innocent people had to have died.

• xXGst0395Xx, Jeansowaty and Tao Cheng like this

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

In my opinion? I can't say. It's been a long time since I played LCS. But he did do a lot of crazy stuff. Out of all of them, I'd say all protags are. Claude robs banks, starts (and ends) all-out wars on dams, kills FBI dudes, etc. Tommy blows up a construction site, starts a war inside his own house, and a lot of other crazy sh!t. CJ robs a military base for a jetpack, steals mystery goo off a train, robs houses for guns, etc. Vic breaks into a military base with a drunk guy (can't get more dumb than that), can't remember anything else on him cuz it's been forever since I played VCS. It's been forever since I played GTA, tbh. I'm so glad my little brother stopped using this account lol.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

I think what makes Toni's various acts in Liberty City Stories all the more 'surprising' to watch is due to the fact that, when we first saw him in III, it was completely unbelievable to think that such a person could have done so much in his younger days ... and just three years earlier!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

when we first saw him in III, it was completely unbelievable to think that such a person could have done so much in his younger days ... and just three years earlier!

That's what happen when you get lazy and move in with your folks.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

Rockstar was incredibly inconsistent with this game. It's like the Toni from LCS is not the same Toni from III. Realistically, he was a poor choice for the protagonist, especially since they went for a Tommy Vercetti-type charactertization. The Toni in III felt like he'd been around much longer and paid his dues a lot sooner than the one in LCS.

I want to replay LCS soon, but when I loaded it on the PS2, I was really disapointed by the controls. Vice City Stories's port was so good, but the controls from PSP to PS2 didn't work out so well for LCS...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

I want to replay LCS soon, but when I loaded it on the PS2, I was really disapointed by the controls. Vice City Stories's port was so good, but the controls from PSP to PS2 didn't work out so well for LCS...

Now what the hell did you just say? Do you realise
how foolish you sound? Controls for LCS and VCS on PS2 are identical. Problem may be, you have different control schemes selected for these games, which makes you disappointed for no good reason.
  • GTAKid667, universetwisters, Mega and 3 others like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

Rockstar was incredibly inconsistent with this game. It's like the Toni from LCS is not the same Toni from III. Realistically, he was a poor choice for the protagonist, especially since they went for a Tommy Vercetti-type charactertization. The Toni in III felt like he'd been around much longer and paid his dues a lot sooner than the one in LCS.

Um....if I remember correctly, LCS has classic controls on the PS2. The PSP version is no different.
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

They're essentially the same aside from a few more being put into VCS for fist fighting and, a given, helicopter controls, unless you're talking about something completely different by controls, to which elaboration is the word of the day.

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

I agree with you on this. How on Earth could it only be three years for him to pay his dues and he was some errand boy for a capo who treated him like crap, a cannibal businessman, the wife of a Yakuza head, and a bent cop? I know it was explained that he was demoted after spending four years laying low for some heat and he returned to LC after that time, only for Vincenzo Cilli to take over his spot. However, the LCS version is so much different than the III version.

when we first saw him in III, it was completely unbelievable to think that such a person could have done so much in his younger days ... and just three years earlier!

I would only think he moved in with his mom to help with the restaurant, but I don't know why he would want to live with her. She treated him like dirt for the most part. However, the lazy part I can agree with.

As for the subject at hand, I agree with all of you saying that he had to have been a terrorist to pull off something like this. Sure, it may explain the whole construction site in III, but man, lots of lives lost in the process. If it had been a "Fight Club" like scenario with blowing up buildings with them all empty, that would be one thing, but this was just terrible.

thedriver111
  • thedriver111

Say Hello To My Little Friend!

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by thedriver111, 22 July 2014 - 08:20 PM.

This is probably the reason Donald disappeared in GTA III, set in 2001 because they must have found out by then.

On another note, this is some trevor phillips style sh*t!!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

I would only think he moved in with his mom to help with the restaurant, but I don't know why he would want to live with her. She treated him like dirt for the most part. However, the lazy part I can agree with.

I think Toni's just crazy submissive. I mean, he jumps through all these hoops just to prove himself to his mom. But in the end, I think they got on good terms halfway through LCS, calling off the hit on him after he became a made man

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

I think it's the fact all Italian mom's are hard on their boys. Toni takes care of her because of the bloodline.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

They didn't even try to make this character realistic :)

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Damn. I was writing about this stuff on another thread, and realized how many innocent people Toni kills. He blows up Fort Staunton, Kills Giovanni casa and sells him as meat to his own deli. Murders a street racer just because his mother wants to, kills three Celebrities, one Avery Carrington (Rest in beace Avery.) Free roam casualites are not included.

LCS is disturbing when I think of it. 

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

I think that's the point with Toni. His family never loved him, and he doesn't seem very open. He is loyal to Sal because he is the father he never had. The only people that care about him.
  • Revenge of the Donut likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users