Photo

Ashley Butler

80 replies to this topic
X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

Didnt mind Karen in IV, she was just someone who did what she needed to survive.

But V, oh boy did she take a level in arrogant jerkassery. Sadistic bitch.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

IM SO TURNED ON RIGHT NOW!!!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

But people from GTAO does nothing but complain about things don't they

Stuff like that shouldn't be added to the Online mode. I didn't like the Sweeper being in TLAD Multiplayer but I loved the fact that the Annihilator was exclusive to Chopper VS Chopper. When it comes to Multiplayer, there need to be some limitations, or at least good separation.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:59 PM Edited by Stoney0503, 09 February 2015 - 09:59 PM.

Didnt mind Karen in IV, she was just someone who did what she needed to survive.

What did you expect when she's trying to torture someone for information?

"Oh hey please give me your information and I'll give you a cookie <3"

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

What did you expect when she's trying to torture someone for information?

"Oh hey please give me your information and I'll give you a cookie <3"

All Mr K was guilty of was installing cinema equipment for some customer. How the hell was he suppose to know the customer was a "terrorist".

Like Trevor says, torture is useless for information.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

HESOYAM

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:29 PM Edited by Prince Gumball, 21 February 2015 - 12:29 PM.

Even though I kinda hated her, I wish there was more to her.
Spoiler
  • Chad Warden likes this

American Alpha
  • American Alpha

I play with my BAWSAQ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:46 AM

Ashley's death was okay if you ask me. I wish they would have worked her OD into a mission though...maybe when Trevor goes to kill the O'Neils, Ashley could've been lying in an upstairs bedroom with a needle in her arm or something. That's way too real for GTA V's cartoony gimmick though, but it would have been nice. Rockstar f*cked over TLaD fans and characters bad...but at least they had the decency to spare her Trevor Phillips.  

Siyi_Hou
  • Siyi_Hou

Player Hater

• New Members
  • China

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

I hate ashley,she finally is with johnny again and cheats him with ....TREVOR!?
she is an bitch who can't close his legs and she died the way she lived.

Like a whore

Like a whore

+65535

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

This topic has many engaging points. If Johnny, and the gang had died heroically, and not pathetically like how the writers wrote their deaths, do you guys feel that the anger about their deaths would be less?

American Alpha
  • American Alpha

I play with my BAWSAQ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

This topic has many engaging points. If Johnny, and the gang had died heroically, and not pathetically like how the writers wrote their deaths, do you guys feel that the anger about their deaths would be less?

It would be less from me. Hell, they didn't even have to die "heroically", but they didn't have to be obliterated like yesterday's trash either. Rockstar used them as nothing more than a stepping stone to put over that bum Phillips and that's what pisses me off. If I wrote the story, Johnny and the clan would've never been in LS to begin with. They would be back in LC getting the gang back together, Ashley would authentically be getting off the drugs. That's "heroic" enough for me.  

• B Dawg and LeopardGecko like this

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

The question in my mind is why would Johnny get back with her after all what she had put him through in TL&D. She was one of the main reasons he got into so much crap.

Donut
  • Donut

Wayne "The Main Brain" McClain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:34 PM Edited by TheKillerDonuts, 26 February 2015 - 08:34 PM.

I can excuse the fact Johnny got back with her, since it is in his personality to do so. It still doesn't make sense with TLAD's ending, but whatever. The thing i truly don't see is him becoming a strung out meth addict. No way.

American Alpha
  • American Alpha

I play with my BAWSAQ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:27 AM Edited by American Alpha, 27 February 2015 - 09:48 PM.

I can excuse the fact Johnny got back with her, since it is in his personality to do so. It still doesn't make sense with TLAD's ending, but whatever. The thing i truly don't see is him becoming a strung out meth addict. No way.

I don't buy it either. I suppose Rockstar felt it would go over "easier" with TLaD fans if Johnny was a shell of his former self. From a character perspective though, you are right. Johnny would never do that...especially after all the bs Ashley went through. 

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:24 AM

Yeah, that's what we've been saying (I love how every TLaD thread becomes about Johnny's bullsh*t death eventually)

It's how he died rather than the fact that he did. When ol' John Martson bit the bullet it made great sense within the story and he went out a hero. I gave him a salute as he fell to the floor in a pool of his own blood.

If Johnny had been in a shootout with a better character, holding out so his brothers could escape and then died in some epic last stand, I probably wouldn't have even joined the forums.

• Niobium and American Alpha like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:19 AM

Sometimes I forget that you haven't been here that long, DC. You've contribued a lot more than I have in much short time. :lol:

Johnny didn't need to have the last stand Marston had. Klebitz is my favorite character behind Niko/Toni to lead a GTA game, but he was weak to substance and even though I disagree with how it was portrayed in GTA V, he was weak for Ashley. It would have made sense to have Ashley being on again/off again on the meth, Johnny foolishly still loving her, but not on meth himself. Johnny, Terry and Clay should have all died in the mission, saving Johnny for last, a cutscene execution by Trevor, even though I loathe him would still be more of a plus for his character than how it went down.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

It would be less from me. Hell, they didn't even have to die "heroically", but they didn't have to be obliterated like yesterday's trash either. Rockstar used them as nothing more than a stepping stone to put over that bum Phillips and that's what pisses me off. If I wrote the story, Johnny and the clan would've never been in LS to begin with. They would be back in LC getting the gang back together, Ashley would authentically be getting off the drugs. That's "heroic" enough for me.  

Well said Alpha. Do you feel that the Deadbeats (AOD) should have been used instead, given how they were the 'previous' games antagonistic force?

Yeah, that's what we've been saying (I love how every TLaD thread becomes about Johnny's bullsh*t death eventually)

It seem to be a natural point of discussion really.

It's how he died rather than the fact that he did. When ol' John Martson bit the bullet it made great sense within the story and he went out a hero. I gave him a salute as he fell to the floor in a pool of his own blood.

If Johnny had been in a shootout with a better character, holding out so his brothers could escape and then died in some epic last stand, I probably wouldn't have even joined the forums.

In your short time here, you have made a huge contribution to this forum, especially with your "Identity Crisis" thread. :)

Sometimes I forget that you haven't been here that long, DC. You've contribued a lot more than I have in much short time. :lol:

Johnny didn't need to have the last stand Marston had. Klebitz is my favorite character behind Niko/Toni to lead a GTA game, but he was weak to substance and even though I disagree with how it was portrayed in GTA V, he was weak for Ashley. It would have made sense to have Ashley being on again/off again on the meth, Johnny foolishly still loving her, but not on meth himself. Johnny, Terry and Clay should have all died in the mission, saving Johnny for last, a cutscene execution by Trevor, even though I loathe him would still be more of a plus for his character than how it went down.

I concur Leone. Niko, and Johnny are my favourite HD Era Protags in that order. Toni was a great choice to lead LCS as well.

• Drunken Cowboy and American Alpha like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

Thanks, buckaroos.
Perhaps the best solution was to just leave him be post TLaD. I didn't see him getting back into crime again, and I didn't think playing as depressed Johnny going to bars would have made a good sequeal.

American Alpha
  • American Alpha

I play with my BAWSAQ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

No doubt PhillBellic. The AOD were already the antagonistic MC of the HD universe, why not expand on that in GTA V. 

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

"The last few weeks, people are getting crazier and crazier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:06 PM

No doubt PhillBellic. The AOD were already the antagonistic MC of the HD universe, why not expand on that in GTA V. 

In IV you hardly ever met them, in TBOGT you never meet them, in CTW they are your allies (well partly, they are allied with the Triads, even tho Hsin suspected them for some stuff) and that's it...

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

IM SO TURNED ON RIGHT NOW!!!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

In IV you hardly ever met them, in TBOGT you never meet them, in CTW they are your allies (well partly, they are allied with the Triads, even tho Hsin suspected them for some stuff) and that's it...

Well they were the antagonists of TLAD, and the enemies of Petrovic in GTA IV Multiplayer (Deal Breaker & Mafiya Work)

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

"The last few weeks, people are getting crazier and crazier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

Well they were the antagonists of TLAD, and the enemies of Petrovic in GTA IV Multiplayer (Deal Breaker & Mafiya Work)

Oh. I never played GTA4 MP so I didn't know.

Sebyy_HBK
  • Sebyy_HBK

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

They just wanted to get rid of all the characters from TLAD. Does anybody remember this ? :

A: Didn't think I'd hear from you again.

J: I didn't think I'd call you again. You hear about Billy?

A: Yeah, I heard. Look, Johnny. Look, have you got any money? I need forty bucks. I need it real bad, baby.

J: Not this time. You can kill yourself on your own. Goodbye, Ash.

Let's remember another interesting think that Johnny told Angus at the end of the game :

,, Ashley? The ice got her good - I finally cut her loose in my head, man.

I can't believe he got back with her . It doesn't make any sense after the end of the game. But Johnny becoming a meth addict ? No way.

After Johnny died , I really stopped caring about everyone else since Johnny was my favourite character from all GTA games. I never cared about Ashley anyway.

Johnny should have killed her back in Liberty City.

• Mr_Leone likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users