Photo

Driving Manual (Standard) To get a job?

7 replies to this topic
Ambitions
  • Ambitions

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hey people, I think it would be a nice job to work at a car dealership, maybe moving around cars and detailing them. Do dealerships require people to know how to drive standard transmission to get a job as a detailer?? anyone work at a place and know this?

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

I'd imagine you do need to know how to Drive Standard, Since Most dealerships sell Standard Cars and if the Job requires you to move cars around, That'd also mean you need to know how to Drive stick.

It's kinda hard to learn, but like riding a bike, You'll never forget how to do it.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

Yeah I would imagine you would need to know how to drive stick just in case someone brings a stick shift in for service or the dealer has a few manuals on the lot that need moving. 

I found that it wasn't to difficult to learn. Only took me a couple hours to be functional and be able to get from point A to point B. So it won't be too hard to learn. 

CjLosSantos
  • CjLosSantos

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:15 PM Edited by CjLosSantos, 03 June 2014 - 09:31 PM.

Hey people, I think it would be a nice job to work at a car dealership, maybe moving around cars and detailing them. Do dealerships require people to know how to drive standard transmission to get a job as a detailer?? anyone work at a place and know this?

as some one who used to work in the car sales world you need to know how and you need to he old enough to be on there insurence or have your own

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

No idea what the poster above is attempting to say but yes, you'd need to. Dealerships insure their staff to drive vehicles in their care; it wouldn't be on a personal policy.
  • Killerdude8 likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:42 PM Edited by SouthLand, 03 June 2014 - 02:42 PM.

In Europe, i would say that 90% of the drivers are capable of driving a Manual. In America i don't know if you are required to know how to drive a manual to work in a delearship but i would say yes. 

CjLosSantos
  • CjLosSantos

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

No idea what the poster above is attempting to say but yes, you'd need to. Dealerships insure their staff to drive vehicles in their care; it wouldn't be on a personal policy.

depends some no make you use your personal policy

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Please stop typing unless you can do so in a way that makes sense. Your posts are exceptionally difficult to understand.
No reputable dealership will ever make employees use their own insurance policy for moving vehicles on-site.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users