Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is GTA IV worth buying?

56 replies to this topic
PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

Everyone's a GTA fanboy, amirite? :lol: :D

Not as epic as me though.

Yes, my Master.

There's some strange BDSM stuff going on in this topic...

Spoiler

Cheers!

Probably more like this;

Webster.
  • Webster.

Thug

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

@ Stoney - Look at the amount of errors which occurred in GTA V. The online was a complete disaster and through my 10 years of playing games, I haven't seen such a disaster. The story also sucks.

GTA IV is by far one of the best, if not the best. GTA IV has the best story throughout all of the previous GTA games and the online was pretty good - despite the modding and lack of activities

• kungfucj likes this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:38 AM

@ Stoney - Look at the amount of errors which occurred in GTA V. The online was a complete disaster and through my 10 years of playing games, I haven't seen such a disaster. 

You haven't played Assasains creed: Unity.

Webster.
  • Webster.

Thug

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:01 AM

@ Stoney - Look at the amount of errors which occurred in GTA V. The online was a complete disaster and through my 10 years of playing games, I haven't seen such a disaster. 

Nah, not yet man. Played Assassins Creed for several years now but never really enjoyed any of the online modes. I thought they were pretty sh*tty and lagged so bad.

Anyway GTA IV for the win  :^:

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

@ Stoney - Look at the amount of errors which occurred in GTA V. The online was a complete disaster and through my 10 years of playing games, I haven't seen such a disaster. The story also sucks.

GTA IV is by far one of the best, if not the best. GTA IV has the best story throughout all of the previous GTA games and the online was pretty good - despite the modding and lack of activities

I would say in terms of things to do and that you had a reason for spending and getting cash it was better. Overall GTA IV MP was much more free and unrestricted (is that even a word?) than GTA Online. Mostly because everything has to be realistic and canon because R* made an atempt at a story for online aswell.

I perfer IV for the freemode but Online for the Content Creator and other activities. Sucks IV didn't have a CC. It's too much fun messing with it on CG V.

American Alpha
  • American Alpha

The Man From Blackwater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

I don't know about Online play, but it doesn't get better than GTA IV for single player. GOAT. 

• PulpFiction likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:02 AM

Even though I never played IV's Multiplayer, it's what Online should have been about. Not the quasi-MMO type game it is now.

kraftwerkd
  • kraftwerkd

Pop Your Balloon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

If you got a PC that can run it, f*ck yeah.  One of the best open-world experiences on the PC.  Play through the story, do it again with some small mods, then mod the game however you want.

Mar.K
  • Mar.K

Hitman

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

Short answer; yes.

I need to buy me another copy too..again.

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

The truth hurts

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:18 AM Edited by J Cobra, 24 March 2015 - 02:18 AM.

Or Battlefeild 4.

saintric
  • saintric

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

i am doing my first ever playthrough of it right now as I never had a ps3 back in 08 so never got to play GTA IV but after becoming bored of GTA online on my ps4 (the story mode is so bad i gave up fast) I decided to grab a copy of IV for my PC so far the game has blown me away

I am currently up to the mission hostile negotiation and the whole story and characters are so much better than V this is easily the best GTA of all time in my opinion go buy it

• PulpFiction, LeeH1989 and pajkosinjo like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

i am doing my first ever playthrough of it right now as I never had a ps3 back in 08 so never got to play GTA IV but after becoming bored of GTA online on my ps4 (the story mode is so bad i gave up fast) I decided to grab a copy of IV for my PC so far the game has blown me away

I am currently up to the mission hostile negotiation and the whole story and characters are so much better than V this is easily the best GTA of all time in my opinion go buy it

Welcome to the Club, Mate. :)

• saintric likes this

pajkosinjo
  • pajkosinjo

Tell me, and I will not believe you

• Members
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

It's totally worth buying. I bought it 3 times since it has been released. Also got EFLC. It really is the best GTA in the series.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

It's totally worth buying. I bought it 3 times since it has been released. Also got EFLC. It really is the best GTA in the series.

It's the game that keeps on giving.

• pajkosinjo likes this

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

Being second is to be the first ones to lose.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:49 AM Edited by The_Ghost, 04 April 2015 - 10:54 AM.

Everyone's a GTA fanboy, amirite? :lol: :D

Not as epic as me though.

Yes, my Master.

There's some strange BDSM stuff going on in this topic...

no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

Cheers!

Both of them could replace Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan in the next Fifty Shades movie. That would be 1,000,000,000 times better.  :lol:

AC Unity runs better than GTA V SP in it's current state. Rockstar are probably fans of Ubisoft and Bethesda.

• Officer620 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:56 AM

Spoiler

Both of them could replace Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan in the next Fifty Shades movie. That would be 1,000,000,000 times better.  :lol:

Thank you, I feel touched. ;)

• The_Ghost likes this

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

It's worth buying to play singleplayer and for online to play Cops 'n Crooks with the common Cops 'n Crooks community

JayJay35
  • JayJay35

Proud Facade eXsorbeo owner

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

Of course it's worth buying, it's a great game!

• theGTAking101 likes this

MrDeSanta
  • MrDeSanta

Homie

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

I was a COD fan boy until I played GTA V online, and now I'm hooked. However I've seen a lot of posts saying GTA IV is a modded abomination. Is this game still worth buying and playing online legitimately? Or should I just stick to GTA V?   

Depends on what you`re after? If you care mostly about the graphics and other technical advantages and you`re already spoiled by V then i say NO!!. Because we don`t want another thread few days later saying "I WANT MA MONEY BACKKK COCKSTAR!!!"

But if you seek for high-quality crime storyline with great protagonist, orgasmic assault rifle sounds, euphoric car crashes and HD LC in autumn, then certainly go for it.

You wont regret it. And btw, you are 7 years too late, you don`t know what you`ve missed. And the same goes for EFLC.

• PulpFiction, theGTAking101, Doctor Ray and 1 other like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

AC Unity runs better than GTA V SP in it's current state. Rockstar are probably fans of Ubisoft and Bethesda.

This is probably the most bias post I've ever read, GTA V's SP doesn't even have half the glitches AC Unity had.

GTA V actually feels like a finished product.

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

Being second is to be the first ones to lose.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:24 PM Edited by The_Ghost, 20 April 2015 - 06:28 PM.

This is probably the most bias post I've ever read, GTA V's SP doesn't even have half the glitches AC Unity had.

GTA V actually feels like a finished product.

Back then, when the Heists update came out, GTA V SP went to sh*t, while AC Unity at it's current state performs well, but still plagued with giltches. If you want glitches, play Sonic 06. Don't get me wrong, I love V, but the lack of car deformation and Heists Content on SP really irks me. Probably I was being sarcastic. I don't know though. It really pissed me off, but to be honest V runs great now again after 1.10 on PS4.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

This is going off topic but I know a game where the glitches make the game 10x better...

Spoiler

Doctor Ray
  • Doctor Ray

Don Piano

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

I was a COD fan boy until I played GTA V online, and now I'm hooked. However I've seen a lot of posts saying GTA IV is a modded abomination. Is this game still worth buying and playing online legitimately? Or should I just stick to GTA V?   

Depends on what you`re after? If you care mostly about the graphics and other technical advantages and you`re already spoiled by V then i say NO!!. Because we don`t want another thread few days later saying "I WANT MA MONEY BACKKK COCKSTAR!!!"

But if you seek for high-quality crime storyline with great protagonist, orgasmic assault rifle sounds, euphoric car crashes and HD LC in autumn, then certainly go for it.

You wont regret it. And btw, you are 7 years too late, you don`t know what you`ve missed. And the same goes for EFLC.

No offense, but I doubt someone who calls himself a CoD fanboy and came to GTA only because of Online will appreciate IV. Its online multiplayer is just an addition, the SP experience is its real strong point.

With V the online multiplayer became the main focus. So I guess IV would be a disappointment for someone who´s all about online multiplayer and is used to GTA Online.

• kungfucj likes this

kungfucj
  • kungfucj

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

buy it,its a seriously great game with very good characters,story and gameplay

its seriously after a bunch of years becoming my favourite gta game ever

Crimson Glyph
  • Crimson Glyph

Garfunkel Squirts

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Definitely get it. Controls seem insanely clunky after playing V, but when I go back to IV every once in a while, I enjoy it. It seems like realism is much more prominent in IV. Cars don't stop as fast, driving is harder, and the city is fun to explore. Honestly, it seems like there are more places to enter in GTA IV than in V.

I love that Liberty City is so dark, and gloomy all the time.

• PulpFiction and kungfucj like this

lastmanonearth
  • lastmanonearth

Je suis Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I can`t recommend any violent videogame to you because you`re obviously underaged.

Damon7278
  • Damon7278

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Im glad i purchased it but im just half ass backwards, bought GTA III, then GTA Vice City and was out of the loop then bought GTA IV so i passed a few games, so instead of going back i just go ahead and purchase GTA IV

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users