Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you feel about the radio?

167 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V Radio (258 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's radio?

1. Very happy, I think it is the best yet. (34 votes [13.18%])

Percentage of vote: 13.18%

2. Very happy, but still not as good as the other games. (30 votes [11.63%])

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

3. I like some of it and I think it compares well to other games. (52 votes [20.16%])

Percentage of vote: 20.16%

4. I like some of it but it isn't that good compared to older GTA games. (89 votes [34.50%])

Percentage of vote: 34.50%

5. I don't like most of it but I don't think it's bad or much worse than other games. (15 votes [5.81%])

Percentage of vote: 5.81%

6. I don't like most of it and is worse than older games. (25 votes [9.69%])

Percentage of vote: 9.69%

7. I hate it and it completely blows. (13 votes [5.04%])

Percentage of vote: 5.04%

Are there enough songs on each station?

1. Yes, there is plenty of variety in each station and they don't feel repetitive to me. (35 votes [13.57%])

Percentage of vote: 13.57%

2. Most of it isn't repetitive but some is. (94 votes [36.43%])

Percentage of vote: 36.43%

3. Only a bit of it isn't repetitive but most is. (52 votes [20.16%])

Percentage of vote: 20.16%

4. The radio in general is very repetitive to me. (77 votes [29.84%])

Percentage of vote: 29.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

So where are all the new songs?

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

probably the best overall in the series...

I think VC has the best 'theme' but it also has no variety... VC had such an easy soundtrack to make. 

GTA SA and GTA V were probably the hardest tasks, and I think the choices on Rebel Radio (amazing DJ), the East LS station, and The Lowdown make it better because it captured the variety of Los Angeles and Cali much better than SA.

FlyLo and Worldwide FM are brilliant, too; probably the best and most nuanced stations in the series.

so yeah VC is still the best when it comes to delivering a single 'mood' but that's because VC was basically just 1 mood

SA and V... even more so V... had to deliver far more complexity and variety than VC, and V did it masterfully

objectively and critically speaking, V is definitely the best crafted selection

but VC has the best singular theme and probably the most subjective nostalgia

Jlowap
  • Jlowap

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jlowap, 3 weeks ago.

Non stop pop is a nice blast from the past! But overall there isnt any decent dance/club music!

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

Changed vote to Compares well with other games, and most isn't repetitive anymore.

But is just me who immediately switches East Los Fm and Soulwax to another station if I hear them in a car?

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

^no way haha i luuuuuuuv East Los FM... it's so perfect for East LS or driving a Vapid Sadler or whatever the El Camino is called

I turn off Soulwax a lot now though just because I'm so tired of it. It's a bit high in tone and so old now that it hurts my ears

only time I really listen to it is when I hear calm down los santos dont panic relax relax relax relax relax relax relax relax this is soulwax fm hit me with those lazer beams PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW 

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

They shoulda got new music.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

yeah that's the biggest reason i don't listen to soulwax fm much anymore... it's just too tired now. but i'll still use it sometimes on the highway in a sports car.

and also i'm pretty picky about east los fm... if I'm in the wrong car... or if I'm in basically anywhere else in LS other than East LS, I'll turn it off. It's probably the most context sensitive station. driving a work vehicle in East LS, a el camino in Sandy Shores, or a Vapid Sadler in Grapeseed or Harmony, it feels perrrrrfect

but anywhere else or any other car, it's just weird, i don't particular like the music per se. i think it's just very very thematic and fits certain situations very well. so if it's not one of those situations, its instant off

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

How could she do it with my best friend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I used to dislike VBR, but now it's in my top 3. The original GTA V had a very sub par soundtrack, but the new gen version did make it better. Some songs in Non Stop Pop really have no business in GTA, though. Overall, i say the soundtrack, including the new version, doesn't live up to past GTA games, but it's still pretty good.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by John The Grudge, 3 weeks ago.

I think GTA V on PS4/XBox One has the best soundtrack in the series.  I think it has the most tracks in the series' history too.  They've all been excellent though.

• G.S.T likes this

YourGirlHasABigNose.
  • YourGirlHasABigNose.

Cheese Grater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

There should have been a Heavy Metal station. Though Metal is full of Sub-Genres it would have been a nice touch. Many games shy away from the heavier/dark side of metal (except for Saints Row). These are a few bands and songs I think would have been good for GTA V. + A few songs for other sations.

The Dillinger Escape Plan - When I Lost My Bet. 

Volumes - Affirmation Of Ascension 

Whitechapel - The Saw Is The Law

Cryptopsy - Cleansing The Host

Architects - Follow The Water

American HeadCharge - Never Get Caught

Divine Heresy - This Threat Is Real

Meshuggah - Bleed

The Red Chord - Blue Line Cretin

Thy Art Is Murder - Reign Of Darkness

Job For A Cowboy - Plastic Idols

The Black Dahlia Murder - Deathmask Divine

The Agony Scene - Scapegoat

Bleed From Within - Devotion

Heart Of A Coward - Distance 

I've played the game with those songs playing and they go with it. 

For the other stations, here are my picks. 

The Naked And Famous - Hearts Like Ours. 

Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla 

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

Deftones - Entombed

Mastodon - Circle Of Cysquatch 

Logistics - Crystal Skies

Radiohead - Airbag

Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio

Mobb Deep - Drink Away The Pain

Method Man/Redman - Fire Ina Hole 

Marilyn Manson - President Dead

Alice In Chains - Nutshell 

Pulse Ultra - Build Your Cages 

Pet Shop Boys - It's Alright

System Of A Down - Radio/Video

DMX - Let Me Fly

Cultura Tres - And Then I Woke Up

Busta Rhymes - Gimme Some More 

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Poison Whiskey 

My Vitriol - Cemented Shoes 

Devil Sold His Soul - Crane Lake

Municipal Waste - Chemically Altered 

Noisia - Could This Be

The Notorious B.I.G - Juicy 

Naughty By Nature - Feel Me Flow

Method Man - Your All I Need (Original) 

Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Eurotrash
  • Eurotrash

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 weeks ago

4 / 5 of my favorite songs are in it, so I can't complain.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Overall, it's hard to say anything other than one of the best soundtracks in gaming, simply due to it's diversity. It still needs a dubstep or d'n'b station. I'd love to cruise down the boulevard with the neons on kicking out some earth moving bass. 

Also, it'd be nice if certain actions triggered radio tracks to play as well as the ambient score. One of the greatest moments in gaming came in FC3, burning giant weed farms to the ground with a flamethrower was amazing enough, but the fact that it was all set to skrillex really made that scene. 

YourGirlHasABigNose.
  • YourGirlHasABigNose.

Cheese Grater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Overall, it's hard to say anything other than one of the best soundtracks in gaming, simply due to it's diversity. It still needs a dubstep or d'n'b station. I'd love to cruise down the boulevard with the neons on kicking out some earth moving bass. 

Also, it'd be nice if certain actions triggered radio tracks to play as well as the ambient score. One of the greatest moments in gaming came in FC3, burning giant weed farms to the ground with a flamethrower was amazing enough, but the fact that it was all set to skrillex really made that scene. 

I think it would be useful to use the in-game phone to listen to music, like a spotify app. I would like the ability to skip through music, to find the song that sets the scene. 

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think it would be useful to use the in-game phone to listen to music, like a spotify app. I would like the ability to skip through music, to find the song that sets the scene. 

This is a no brainer. Rockstar failed again.

rushinplay
  • rushinplay

Crackhead

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

what about when you have to drive patricia back home to martin and "if you leave me now, you take away the greatest part of me" is playing, i laughed pretty hard at that

also the song "cocaine" is the best song i've ver heard

• ramtastic likes this

Jelly_Shades
  • Jelly_Shades

Fret Dynamics

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm surprised they didn't out any GG Allin songs on Channel X. I mean, come on, they put a punk station on there but didn't include any Allin songs? It would have been perfect for Trevor.

GtaFanatik
  • GtaFanatik

Bank Robber

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 3 weeks ago

Non Stop FM and Radio Mirror Park are the best for me. Anyway, there seems to have a bug, at least on NG version. There is a lot of variety of songs for each radio. But in a sesion, only 4 or 5 songs are played constantly, making it repetitive as hell...

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

Thugged out. Pissed off

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

There should have been a Heavy Metal station. Though Metal is full of Sub-Genres it would have been a nice touch. Many games shy away from the heavier/dark side of metal (except for Saints Row). These are a few bands and songs I think would have been good for GTA V. + A few songs for other sations.

The Dillinger Escape Plan - When I Lost My Bet. 
Volumes - Affirmation Of Ascension 
Whitechapel - The Saw Is The Law
Cryptopsy - Cleansing The Host
Architects - Follow The Water
American HeadCharge - Never Get Caught
Divine Heresy - This Threat Is Real
Meshuggah - Bleed
The Red Chord - Blue Line Cretin
Thy Art Is Murder - Reign Of Darkness
Job For A Cowboy - Plastic Idols
The Black Dahlia Murder - Deathmask Divine
The Agony Scene - Scapegoat
Bleed From Within - Devotion
Heart Of A Coward - Distance 

I've played the game with those songs playing and they go with it. 

For the other stations, here are my picks. 

The Naked And Famous - Hearts Like Ours. 
Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla 
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
Deftones - Entombed
Mastodon - Circle Of Cysquatch 
Logistics - Crystal Skies
Radiohead - Airbag
Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio
Mobb Deep - Drink Away The Pain
Method Man/Redman - Fire Ina Hole 
Marilyn Manson - President Dead
Alice In Chains - Nutshell 
Pulse Ultra - Build Your Cages 
Pet Shop Boys - It's Alright
System Of A Down - Radio/Video
DMX - Let Me Fly
Cultura Tres - And Then I Woke Up
Busta Rhymes - Gimme Some More 
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Poison Whiskey 
My Vitriol - Cemented Shoes 
Devil Sold His Soul - Crane Lake
Municipal Waste - Chemically Altered 
Noisia - Could This Be
The Notorious B.I.G - Juicy 
Naughty By Nature - Feel Me Flow
Method Man - Your All I Need (Original) 
Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit
Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

What a painfully typical list to look at... "Generic" ass songs that either don't fit with the vibe of the game, or are just overplayed, overpopularized, beaten to death ass tracks... I use the word "generic" lightly, because of these songs often being some of the first songs thought of when associated with a certain genre... Juicy? Wu-tang? Gimmie some more? What business does east coast rap have on a station entitled "west coast classics?"
I do agree that they needed Alice in chains, and rage against the machine, but not those songs... Please not those broken, exhausted ass songs...
  • TheDeaconBosco and OneManCrimeWave like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users