Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you feel about the radio?

167 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V Radio (266 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about GTA V's radio?

1. Very happy, I think it is the best yet. (35 votes [13.16%])

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

2. Very happy, but still not as good as the other games. (31 votes [11.65%])

Percentage of vote: 11.65%

3. I like some of it and I think it compares well to other games. (56 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

4. I like some of it but it isn't that good compared to older GTA games. (91 votes [34.21%])

Percentage of vote: 34.21%

5. I don't like most of it but I don't think it's bad or much worse than other games. (15 votes [5.64%])

Percentage of vote: 5.64%

6. I don't like most of it and is worse than older games. (25 votes [9.40%])

Percentage of vote: 9.40%

7. I hate it and it completely blows. (13 votes [4.89%])

Percentage of vote: 4.89%

Are there enough songs on each station?

1. Yes, there is plenty of variety in each station and they don't feel repetitive to me. (36 votes [13.53%])

Percentage of vote: 13.53%

2. Most of it isn't repetitive but some is. (98 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

3. Only a bit of it isn't repetitive but most is. (54 votes [20.30%])

Percentage of vote: 20.30%

4. The radio in general is very repetitive to me. (78 votes [29.32%])

Percentage of vote: 29.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by Hitman5, 02 June 2014 - 04:56 PM.

This has probably been done before but I wanted to gauge how other people feel about the radio. For me the only station which is really comparable in quality to the best in older games is West Coast Classics, which I think is better than Radio Los Santos from SA. I find most stations are hit and miss where as in Vice City a lot were good all the way through, San Andreas was easily the best and almost every station was perfect. IV's radio was very good too and there were quite a few radio stations that were basically perfect. LRR was as perfect for LC as K-DST was for SA, not to mention the 30+ songs after the TLaD update.

I've also found the stations in V are generally too short and need more songs, certainly more so than IV which is suprising and disappointing really. But even in SA the stations didn't have a large amount of songs and they weren't repetitive so it could be something to do with the quality.

Blue Ark: This music doesn't appeal to me at all so no comment can be given.

Channel X: I liked this more than I expected and is generally good.

East Los FM: Didn't appeal to me much either so didn't listen much.

FlyLo FM: I would say this is generally good, but often I found it hard to hear over the SFX and in general while driving. Not the right type of mix for a game like this. Some of it sounds like it would be better suited for the background music in missions.

Los Santos Rock Radio: Has a few very good songs but the rest are average. Fails miserably compared to K-DST and Liberty Rock Radio. Quite repetitive too.

Lowdown 91.1: Not a fan of it, but it seems pretty good in quality.

Non-Stop Pop: I guess it fits the feel of the game and has some good songs (Music Sounds Better & Lady) but the modern pop kills it and I think it's weak of R* to just put in the most popular modern crap.

Radio Los Santos: I see no reason why anyone would want to listen to this 'music' over West Coast Classics, basically manufactured crap and a disgrace to the radio. The only songs that don't completely blow are Hood Gone Love It and Still Livin.

Radio Mirror Park: Generally ok, but I don't think it really fits the feel of the game too well.

Rebel Radio: Same as Blue Ark.

Soulwax FM: One of my favourites but is certainly fairly repetitive.

Space 103.2: Ok but for a pretty similar station, Master Sounds 98.3 from SA kills it.

Vinewood Boulevard Radio: Awful music, a mistake to put this in the game over a 90s station.

West Coast Classics: Easily the best station in the game for me in terms of feel and quality.

Worldwide FM: Very nice to listen to and actually pretty good.

Blaine County Talk Radio: Comes off as too way fake and 'forced' so hence not very funny. Voice acting sounded pretty amateur in parts.

WCTR: Just not very funny and Lazlow sucked.

If you look at all the older games and the classic stations from VC, VCS, SA & IV like K-DST, V-Rock, Liberty Rock Radio, Radio X, Radio Los Santos, Radio Broker, Emotion 98.3, The Journey, Flash FM, SF-UR, Playback FM etc etc etc.... The only ones from V in my opinion which can stake a claim as to being in that list are West Coast Classics, Worldwide FM, Channel X and Soulwax FM. Not only that but in general the standard in the stations were quite high, however in V the quality is lacking more often than not which is probably the main reason why I am not satisfied with it like the previous GTA Games.

• Peregrin Brandytook and Scaglietti like this

NikolaiAmethyst
  • NikolaiAmethyst

Are you having fun?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

The radio usually stays off for me. I think at most, mirror park and very occasionally worldwide fm i'll keep on, but i'd rather listen to my own music while playing than all the repetitive crap on the gta5 radio.

I wish it was as good as saints row 3.

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

punk ass bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

Thought I was the not one who felt this way lol V music sucks ! I'm a heavy hip hop fan, only 18 years of age but I know what good rap is and what bad music is and radio Los santos is full of bad music .. Only songs I like really from RLS is 'good gon love it' , 'ADHD' and 'illuminate' ( only time I listen to that station is if I get in a car and any of those songs are playing , I turn the radio off after ) .. West Coast classics is good too but I don't really listen to the radio , but when I do it's only when Kendrick Lamar is playing , c90s-shine a light , queen-radio gaga, the chaingaing of 1978 - sleepwalking or the setup .. I thank gta V for exposing me to those pop songs tho , and the radio station that plays that smokey Robinson song is alright also .. But it lacks what every other gta game had musically , idc if they didn't want to be too mainstream with the music but at least put good music !

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

SoundTrack Was Good 

im a huge fan of Soul Music and the Lowdown Was Brilliant 

Los Santos Rock Radio had some Classics as did Non Stop Pop 

Radio Mirror Park had Some Very Catchy Tracks which were great to Cruise to 

West Coast Classics was Also Good

The Rest Were Meh 

• Pastry likes this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

GTA V's radio was pretty garbage in comparison to Vice City, San Andreas and GTA IV's. The lack of metal and rock/hard rock is really disappointing. The punk songs on Channel X are pretty good and West Coast Classics is a solid station, those two are the only redeemable stations, everything else was pretty mediciore, especially Los Santos Rock Radio which was absolutely f*cking terrible.

• fac316 and Kampret like this

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:29 PM Edited by Hitman5, 02 June 2014 - 06:29 PM.

These were the good songs for me from LSRR:

Big Log

Baker Street

I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You

Rain

I Don't Care Anymore

Rock'n Me

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

Ogden's Nut Gone Flake

the rest were average or worse

thc_404
  • thc_404

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

It's ok.

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Sometimes it's pretty boring in my opinion, the only stations I like are LS Rock Radio, Radio Mirror Park, Non Stop Pop, West Coast Classics and Space. Not the entire stations though, there's some songs I really don't like (One thing, Scandalous, Work, Phychic City, Don't Wanna Fall in Love, Too Late for Goodbyes and Colours for example). Most of the songs don't really catch the vibe of the game.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

It's a wonder why they cut PMR. I listened to the cut Oasis song just yesterday, cuz I'd never heard it. It straight up makes me want to play GTA V, I don't know why they cut it!

• fac316 and GTA-Biker like this

Mr. Dreemurr
  • Mr. Dreemurr

Fastback

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

I hate East Los FM or however it is called. The one with those Hispanic/Mexican whatever guys talking garbage!

• Kampret likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

I really need to listen to more stations. I tend to stick to Soulwax for day driving and Mirror Park or Worldwide for evenings and night time.

Parking up at  Paleto Bay and watching the sunset from the beach whilst listening to chill tracks is still quite something....

0_0-105.jpg

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Wolqolqoqoqk

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

The NonStopPop and the west coast classics are quite good.
  • Revenge of the Donut likes this

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

I still find it odd they won't allow players to use their own custom soundtrack.

Red Dead Redemption of all games had custom soundtrack player, who thought it would have been necessary?
  • B Dawg, Cutter De Blanc, a20characterusername and 1 other like this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

The soundtrack is alright, not as good as I'd hoped it to be. I really enjoy Soulwax, LS Rock Radio and some songs on Non Stop Pop FM, a station of which has a huge amount of inconsistency with too many "pop" styles at once. I would have just preferred the house songs on that station (e.g "Rhythm of the Night", "Music Sounds Better", "Anthem") to be on a station of it's own similar to SF-UR.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

i got the game on opening day and have been playing it ever since. 

i turned the volume off on the radio before i even started playing. 

i turned it on once and listened to Lazlow for about 2 hours. that was enough. 

turned it back off

the talk shows have always been the only thing interesting to me on GTA's radio. 

so yeah, i dunno why i'm posting here -- can't answer the poll, because 9-10 months of playing, and i still haven't listened to the radio at all. 

well at least now you have that perspective and know that some people don't give a $@#% about the radio in GTA :) 

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

Vinewood Boulevard Radio awful? Easily the best rock station. Maybe my taste if horrible but I love it.

Octavio89
  • Octavio89

Trick

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

Overall the Radio Stations were GOOD. Not as good as the one in Vice City, but still way bette than the horrible GTA IV's, which I only liked about five songs on.

• Heists and TheMuteGuy like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:38 PM

I wasn't a fan of LSRR aside from a few songs. Along with that, Soulwax could've had some other form of techno music aside from house, as if we haven't had that in the many past GTA games.

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

I'll be okay.

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:57 AM Edited by IanE55, 16 August 2014 - 05:33 AM.

In clockwise order:

LSRR: I like 80's ballads

Non Stop Pop: Oh so many memories from the 90's and 00's.

Radio Los Santos: Wanna be gangsta

Channel X: THEY'RE f*ckINNG WITH ME SUBLIMINALLYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WCTR: Not as funny as San Andreas

Rebel Radio: It's alright, I guess?

Soulwax FM: Amazing transitions between songs

East Los FM: UN DOS TRES CUATRO! BEEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

West Coast Classics: Better than Radio Los Santos

BCTR: Better than WCTR in my opinion.

The Blue Ark: Duuuuuuuuuude.

Worldwide FM: Probably my favorite, it's so chill.

FlyLo FM: Same as Rebel Radio

The Lowdown FM: Smooth as hell. I love it.

Radio Mirror Park: Turns me into a hipster, ironically.

Space 103.2: It's reeeeeeaaaaaaaal funky!

Vinewood Boulevard Radio: Pretty average, some songs are just meh.

• universetwisters likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

These were the good songs for me from LSRR:

Big Log
Baker Street
I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You
Rain
I Don't Care Anymore
Rock'n Me
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
Ogden's Nut Gone Flake

the rest were average or worse

I'd add these to the list:

- All the things she said
- I'm free

freedomworks96
  • freedomworks96

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:31 AM Edited by freedomworks96, 04 June 2014 - 09:29 PM.

This game is totally lacking in any good rock(besides pop rock) or metal music. I'd like to hear some Dio, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Genesis, Rush, Iron maiden, Symphony X, Cannibal Corpse, Yngwie Malmsteen, UFO, Blue Oyster Cult, Kreator, Queensryche, Metallica, Slayer, Judas priest, Sepultura, or some 70's Queen. I hate how there are 2 crappy electronic stations and 2 rap stations, yet no good metal(but we get boring punk instead?)?

Radio gaga by Queen, Big Log by Robert Plant, and ambitions az a ridah by 2pac, are the only songs I enjoy in GTAV. Otherwise I keep it on talk radio.

• GTA-Biker likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

It has the worst radio in the series, no doubt about that.

Most of it is repetitive but not all. and most of them don't grasp my attention.

• Revenge of the Donut likes this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

Thought I was the not one who felt this way lol V music sucks ! I'm a heavy hip hop fan, only 18 years of age but I know what good rap is

Then that means you only listen to one of those channels.

At least they put Tupac on there.

Too bad you can't do "mix tape" like in saints row. There's a few good songs in GTA V, but you gotta wait through the crap first to listen to them.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

Vice City still has the best radio stations in the series in my opinion. San Andreas is second followed by III. I felt IV and Vs were really inferior but they have their moments.

• freedomworks96, a20characterusername, Revenge of the Donut and 1 other like this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

I'll be the first one to say it around here, but LSRR is definitley the best of all the other classic rock stations in the series. It may have been way too mixed with music variety, but take each song on their own merit (except Julian Lenon's) and it owns KDST and both versions of LRR.

That said though could have done with at least one song by The Doors.
I'll be the first one to say it around here, but LSRR is definitley the best of all the other classic rock stations in the series. It may have been way too mixed with music variety, but take each song on their own merit (except Julian Lenon's) and it owns KDST and both versions of LRR.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

The problem I have with the music on the Rock radio, they're not bad songs and I don't hate them but the problem is that THEY DON'T ROCK. If they wanted to do a Yacht Rock station, that's great, more power to them, but they shouldn't have made it THE rock station. Why the f*ck does Jimmy have an LSRR Poster in his room? Somehow I just don't see the little douche rocking out to Higher Love by Steve Winwood y'know what I mean? 

It should f*cking rock, and kick you in the nuts cuz it rocks so hard. There should be no question. Elton John shouldn't be the guy to have the only song about fighting on the station.

• freedomworks96, Niobium, Revenge of the Donut and 1 other like this

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:00 AM Edited by Hitman5, 03 June 2014 - 07:23 AM.

Sorry I completely disagree, besides those songs I listed above the rest do not seem very special or good to me. LRR after TLaD is amazing and even before and K-DST is arguably the best station in a GTA game ever. LSRR can't even compare to K-DST. How can you compare average songs like Higher Love, Night Moves, I Can't Wait or Heartbeart to classics like Eminence Front, White Wedding, Running Down a Dream, Free Bird, A Horse with No Name etc..

The problem I have with the music on the Rock radio, they're not bad songs and I don't hate them but the problem is that THEY DON'T ROCK. If they wanted to do a Yacht Rock station, that's great, more power to them, but they shouldn't have made it THE rock station. Why the f*ck does Jimmy have an LSRR Poster in his room? Somehow I just don't see the little douche rocking out to Higher Love by Steve Winwood y'know what I mean? 

It should f*cking rock, and kick you in the nuts cuz it rocks so hard. There should be no question. Elton John shouldn't be the guy to have the only song about fighting on the station.

I agree, 90% of it is really just pop music. The only real rock songs are Rain, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting and Photograph. The rest are pop or pseudo-rock.

If it were up to me, I would have a playlist like this:

Big Log - Robert Plant
Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You - Alan Parsons Project
Rain - The Cult
Rock'n Me - Steve Miller Band
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting - Elton John
Don't Feat The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

Bargain - The Who
Unchained - Van Halen

Paradise City - Guns N' Roses

Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

Hearts Done Time - Aerosmith

Inside Looking Out - Grand Funk Railroad

Gasoline - Audioslave

When a Blind Man Cries - Deep Purple

Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top

Susie Q - CCR

Ventura Highway - America

Strange Brew - Cream

Take It Easy - The Eagles

Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealers Wheel

Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones

Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones

Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac

Frozen Love - Buckingham Nicks

Love Her Madly - The Doors

Livin' Thing - Electric Light Orchestra

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

When The River Runs Dry - Hunters & Collectors

Suicide Blonde - INXS

Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran

Roxanne - The Police

etc...

I'd add these to the list:

- All the things she said
- I'm free

Actually I agree about All The Things She Said but I'm Free totally blows imo, can't stand it.

• Revenge of the Donut and GTA-Biker like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

I still find it odd they won't allow players to use their own custom soundtrack.

Red Dead Redemption of all games had custom soundtrack player, who thought it would have been necessary?

GTA games always had it too. And V will.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

I hate All the Things She Said. I feel like I'm f*ckin' Ferris Bueller when that sh*t comes on.

• bensons likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

I think it's pretty good.
  • Street Mix and Heists like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users