Hell, I'd love to drive in Monaco...

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

Hell, I'd love to drive in Monaco...

I'd love to see the Monte Carlo Hotel, packed with super cars and multimillion dollar classics. But I'm really anticipating those small, cramped Mediterranean towns. And imagine the loading screens for this game with picturesque towns such as those.

I wish that Forza Horizon 2 could adopt some features from TDU, since that series is gone and will never return; it would be nice to have the ability to change the color of almost any car's interior. A decent selection of manufacturer-made wheel choices would be cool to.

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

Monaco doesn't deserve the hype it gets. It's just a collection of ugly high rises from the 1960's and 1970's bunched together. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

Monaco doesn't deserve the hype it gets. It's just a collection of ugly high rises from the 1960's and 1970's bunched together. 

I watched Shmee150's Eurotour this year and I disagree. It is a beautiful place and I love the way the city is built up on such steep hills. But the best part about Monaco is the vast amount of rare cars. That almost makes the whole city for me.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

I watched Shmee150's Eurotour this year and I disagree. It is a beautiful place and I love the way the city is built up on such steep hills. But the best part about Monaco is the vast amount of rare cars. That almost makes the whole city for me.

At first I never though about Monaco but considering that cars are a pretty big thing there it would make sense. It makes me wonder if we will only get Monaco and parts of France (I literally only just found out that France borders it. I though Italy bordered Monaco  :D) or different parts of of Southern Europe as well as France and Monaco.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

It is confirmed that we will get Northern Italy along with Southern France. So there is going to be a border and hopefully the A8/A10 freeway is included.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Rome would be sweet, drifting or zooming past the Colosseum and other ruins and beautiful architecture.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

When is the teaser coming?

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

E3 teaser

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Dafuq was that? How utterly sh*tty, even for a teaser. Can't believe I waited all week for this. Oh well, at least I have a lot to look forward to for next week, some real gameplay.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

Dafuq was that? How utterly sh*tty, even for a teaser. Can't believe I waited all week for this. Oh well, at least I have a lot to look forward to for next week, some real gameplay.

Don't say you expected more. That's what teasers are for.

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Yeah that teaser was really disappointing. Looking forward to a proper trailer Monday.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

What were people expecting from a teaser? Seriously?
  • IanE55 and TheMcSame like this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

The new Lamborghini Huracán (the car in the teaser) confirmed 

https://twitter.com/...073576971022338

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:39 AM Edited by StingrayX, 07 June 2014 - 03:39 AM.

IGN lists the Audi S4 B8.5 as a confirmed car. If that is true, then boy am I happy. I love cruising around in cars like that. They better add the RS5 though.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

Why not RS2 for example. At least we would get something nice looking and sporty. But since it's set in France/Italy I really would like to get Alpine, old Alfas (GTV-6, Montreal, 155, etc.) and cars like that. 

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

Watching it on a TV screen isn't the same as actually being there. I spent a day there a few years ago, when they had a tennis tournament and were preparing for the GP. There really isn't much to see and do and apart from a few standout cars (a Diablo, a McLaren Mercedes SLR and a bright orange Koenigsegg CCX), most of the "exotic" vehicles there are run of the mill stuff I can find on occasion where I live, which is Aston Martin's, Porsches, Ferrari's and one or two Bentley's. The vast majority of the vehicles in Monaco are French, and they're not living there because the French and the Monegasques have an agreement that citizens of France have to pay income tax, which is one of the reasons why anyone bothers to live there. 

Do you trip over supercars like everyday hatchbacks? No. In fact, most of the car parks and the traffic was made of every day hatchbacks and normal cars. Spotting exotica in Monaco is like spotting exotica elsewhere. You have to be lucky that someone wants to pop down to the shops in a Veyron or a Koenigsegg. 

You do realize that it hints that it is a proper free map? As in being able to travel across fields like a hoon? 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:24 PM Edited by StingrayX, 07 June 2014 - 01:25 PM.

If you come at the right time, you'll run into this:

You said you were there a few years ago. Well this was a few months ago.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

I only hope FH2 won't end like FH with car add-ons, which were nothing more than a rip-off(only one of them was really worth the money). And I won't even start on the price of the Rally Expansion. Let's hope they learned something this time.  

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

I only hope FH2 won't end like FH with car add-ons, which were nothing more than a rip-off(only one of them was really worth the money). And I won't even start on the price of the Rally Expansion. Let's hope they learned something this time.  

They were some serious rip offs. :^: The only reason I bought them was because many of them were cars that I had wanted when I got the game. I was glad they added the new Exige S, the Vanquish, the F12Berlinetta, made the 360 CS an obtainable car, and added the RS4 Avant B8 but everything else felt like a massive rip off. I remember how enraged fans got. And Turn10 hasn't learned a thing because FM5 does it even worse!

rdbx1234
  • rdbx1234

Cow-tippin Crack Baby

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:17 PM Edited by rdbx1234, 07 June 2014 - 11:25 PM.

I'm pretty excited about this, since this game is the only reason why I bought and have a 360 as FH is my supplement for the now defunct TDU1. Here's what I feel the next game should have.

A bigger map.

The map in Forza Horizon is waaaay too small. You can drive around the whole map in like 15 minutes max. They need at least a map the size of TDU1, or at least 3/4 of it. If you're ever cruising with your friends the roads go by fast and FH has a shortage of them. Sure the scenery is beautiful and there are some really nice roads in FH but every time I drive on those nice roads I find them ending too quickly. At least have the map bigger than last time, that's for sure, or at least more roads. If it's the same as FH I'd be pretty disappointed but it wouldn't stop me from playing it at all.

Honestly apart from that the game is pretty good as it is imo, I'm not sure there is much they can advance over the previous game. More cars, more tuning capabilities that are present in normal Forza games like gear ratios, tire pressure, aerodynamics. It's the simple things that count. I hope they won't dumb down the physics even more to cater to a wider audience, just leave it as it is. Leave it 8 players max, any more than that is gonna be a pain in free roam / crusiing.

Someone on here mentioned a good point. In TDU1 you were able to choose factory interior options in different shades of color, trim, and stitching. I feel like that's too much to ask for the Horizon makers, I'm sure not a lot of people would care, but that would be a sweet feature to add, especially for those who use the interior view a lot.

You do realize that it hints that it is a proper free map? As in being able to travel across fields like a hoon?

Hope so, that's another downfall of Forza Horizon.

Yeah and I've heard about how ridiculous Forza 5 is, hope the same doesn't happen with FH2.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

What I want are some long, beautiful roads that last for like 10 minutes if you're driving at the speed of 65 miles per hour. Horizon did have a lot of roads that felt like they ended to quickly and albeit that wasn't a problem when I wanted to get the best out of my performance cars, it was a problem when I wanted to relax and just drive like a sane person. I also want a few roads like this:

Cypress-lined-road-in-Tuscany.jpg

Or this:

moto-tuscan_roads.jpg

And I definitely want some of the roads that are listed on this website.

When it comes to the actual size of the map, I'd be fine if it was at least twice the size as the previous game's map. I don't want it to be any smaller. I know that we'll be able to venture onto more terrain this time but I don't care, I want a hell of a lot more roads and I want the map to be big, immense!

Anyway, here are the cars that I'm really hoping for (Don't get mad just because I want convertible variants of some already existing coupes. They did that with the first Horizon and I'm hoping they do it again):

~ sedans/estates -

• M5
  • E63 AMG S
  • RS7 Sportback
  • M6 Gran Coupe
  • S65 AMG W222
  • S4 B8.5
  • Quattroporte GTS
  • RS2 Avant
  • RS4 Avant B8.5
  • XFR-S

~ hatchbacks -

• A45 AMG
  • m135i
  • FF
  • Scirroco R '14
  • S1

~ coupes/convertibles/grand tourers -

• V12 Vantage S
  • RS5 B8.5
  • F-Type V8 S
  • F-Type R Coupe
  • GranTurismo MC Stradale
  • Continental GT Speed
  • Continental GT V8S Convertible
  • Vanquish
  • Vanquish Volante
  • California T
  • F12Berlinetta
  • M6 (only if the Gran Coupe doesn't appear)
  • M6 Convertible
  • M3 E30
  • M3 E92
  • M4
  • C63 AMG 507 Edition
  • Z8
  • M235i
  • Z4 sDrive35is
  • SL65 AMG '14
  • DBS

~ sports -

• Corvette C7
  • GT500
  • Testarossa
  • RGT-8 (991 RUF)
  • Exige S '14
  • 8C Comp.
  • 8C Spyder
  • 4C
  • Camaro Z/28

~ super -

• 650S
  • LFA
  • R8 V10 Plus
  • R8 GT Sypder
  • 458 Speciale
  • 458 Spider
  • Murcielago SV
  • Aventador
  • Aventador 50 Anniversario Roadster
  • 360 CS
  • 430 Scuderia
  • 599 GTB (GTO looks tacky)
  • Gallardo Squadra Corse
  • SLS Black Series

~ sport utility vehicles -

• Range Rover Sport '14
  • ML63 AMG '14
  • Cherokee SRT-8 '14
  • G65 AMG
  • X5 xDrive '14

~ classics/vintage -

• Miura SV
  • DB5
  • 275 GTB/4
  • 275 GTB/4 Nart Spyder
  • 365 GTB/4 Spyder
  • M1
  • E-Type S1

If Porsche were to return (99.99% chance that won't):

• 997 Turbo
  • 991 Turbo S
  • 991 Carrera 4S
  • Panamera MkII GTS
  • Cayenne Turbo

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:09 AM

As I said, over-hyped. As I said, lucky with spotting. What you have said doesn't happen 24/7 there. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

As I said, over-hyped. As I said, lucky with spotting. What you have said doesn't happen 24/7 there. 

Well aware of that. :^: But common sense would tell you that if there ever was to be a large car event, such as Horizon 2, going on nearby, the city will obviously be popular with expensive traffic. Just saying...

uzer
  • uzer

un-RIP Feroci

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

If Porsche were to return (99.99% chance that won't):

Porsche licensing is a huge mystery. It's well known that EA owns the exclusive rights for the video game publication of the brand, but nobody on the outside seems to have any idea of the exact terms or length of the agreement. Rumor is that EA somehow managed to secure the rights indefinitely. Meaning anyone else looking to put a Porsche in a game from now until the end of time needs permission from EA to do it, but apparently they are not particularly interested in licensing it out.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

Of all people, why would Porsche go with EA? I mean those Need for Speed games aren't the way they used to be, they're abysmal and Rivals... I put that game on the shelves after 2 days of playing it. Why wouldn't they rather have their cars in quality games like Forza, Gran Turismo, etc.? It's just sad. The 991 is my favorite Porsche yet I've only driven it in Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012).

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

The Porsche licence is with EA since 2001, when they made a NFS: Porsche Unleashed, which was one of the best games out there and it's still great. Could be that EA put some nice law in the agreement, that ending it will end in giant sum from the Porsche, so they don't want to break it.  

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

I hope the full trailer tomorrow shows off a lot. At the same time I still hope they leave some stuff for us to discover ourselves.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

Confirmed cars so far (credit goes to IGN and Microsoft Store):

• Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
  • Audi S4
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7
  • Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
  • Ferrari F12Berlinetta
  • Ford Fiesta ST
  • Lamborghini Huracán
  • Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
  • Lamborghini Murcielago ???
  • Lancia Stratos
  • Lexus LFA
  • McLaren P1
  • Mercedes A45 AMG
  • Mercedes SLS AMG
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
  • Nissan GT-R
  • Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STI '08
  • Volkswagen Golf MkII

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:50 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 09 June 2014 - 02:51 AM.

Can't wait to cruise in that Fiesta.
  • Sting4S likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users