Photo

The Worst Of Rockstar Logic

1,513 replies to this topic
DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by DentureDynamite, 22 minutes ago.

Let's create an utterly broken first person experience based on someone with tunnel vision, so that it in no way reflects perspectives in real life.

Let's implement independent controls for first and third person. Want to jog or swim faster? Not slide down from objects? Switch to first person.

Let's make character's run without having to press X, making it impossible to move with precision.

It's as if the developers have never actually played the game themselves.

Agreed. Many of the inconsistencies are easily fixable (e.g. correcting keyboard shortcuts), but some will in all likelihood require reworking mocaps and/or basic mechanics of character movement. Others aren't fixable; e.g. TP will always have the ability to see around corners--just part of the nature of TP.

I know I must sound like broken record, but IMO BF3 has the most fluid and realistic FP character movement of any game I've played. Wish GTA Online was closer to this--certainly within R*'s skill set if they put the time and effort into it.

It's much needed, seeing as they made the decision to make FP part of the game--now it (and the changeable inconsistencies between FP and TP) need to be cleaned up.

• Happy Hunter likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted A day ago

Fall from the top of mount chilliad on the bmx and land; nothing happens.

Jumps from a small stunt ramp and dies upon landing.

As a stunter, I'm offended by this. C'mon, in GTA SA unless you landed the bike backwards you won't fall off unless you goofed up somewhere, somehow. In this game it doesn't matter - small jump, big jump, nup. You WILL fall off no matter what.

• Happy Hunter likes this

AJFast12
  • AJFast12

Friendly Player and Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

As a stunter, I'm offended by this. C'mon, in GTA SA unless you landed the bike backwards you won't fall off unless you goofed up somewhere, somehow. In this game it doesn't matter - small jump, big jump, nup. You WILL fall off no matter what.

I was referring to gta v, because v has some inconsistencies on jumps and landings.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 22 hours ago

I was referring to gta v, because v has some inconsistencies on jumps and landings.

I war also referring to GTAV in my "rant".

AJFast12
  • AJFast12

Friendly Player and Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 hours ago

I war also referring to GTAV in my "rant".
Ah ok

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 hours ago

Got insta-stars for stealing a nice car, made me mad so I killed the cops then tried to steal their car but I can't even get in it. What's going on R*? Woke up on the wrong side of the (bug infested) bed?

We got more Asian sh*t than American, and we are in LS USA

go to most stores in the USA and you'll see how true that is ;)
  • Faggio S likes this

Avenged Sevenfold
  • Avenged Sevenfold

R.I.P Lemmy kilmister 1945-2015

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 hours ago

>Die
>Revive few hours later in the hospital

Belgarel
  • Belgarel

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 hours ago

Looks like you've done something we didn't want you to so to correct that we're going to erase everything you have while leaving your account active. Now that you have no attachment to the game and are furiously mad we're sure you'll improve on that thing we refused to tell you about and not instead download a bunch of mods and burn everything down with the account we left you with.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 10 hours ago

So sxript kiddies poisoned LastGen? Better lock the door instead of using a better Anti-Cheat script that detects modded accounts. F dem LastGen'ers who live in countries where NewGen Consoles and/or PC's are expensive AF with no way to buy them ASAP.

el carlitos
  • el carlitos

Less luxury, more urban style

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 5 hours ago

Put the Infernos Classic and Turismo Classic into Sport classics but the P1 into Supersports.

Put the Sultan RS into Supersports but the Elegy retro into Sports.

Put them at least in both categories. At the moment it some kind of a mess.

• Perez84 likes this

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 hours ago

ZaccsCi.jpg

• Perez84, el carlitos, Sky_Light12 and 1 other like this

Perez84
  • Perez84

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 hours ago

Every car considered old is a sports classic. Try to beat it..........

A super classic class with Infernus C., Turismo C., Penetrator and a few more is too much to ask, apparently.

Sedan classic with Glendale, Warrener, Emperor, etc too.

• Professional Amateur likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 5 hours ago

So sxript kiddies poisoned LastGen? Better lock the door instead of using a better Anti-Cheat script that detects modded accounts. F dem LastGen'ers who live in countries where NewGen Consoles and/or PC's are expensive AF with no way to buy them ASAP.

Good f*cking luck trying to stop the hackers on last gen, the console's software has been thoroughoutly breached since some years ago, it doesn't matter what R* can do with their anti-cheat, hackers always find a way around it, PC proves that even though it still receive updates.

Sucks for those still on last gen, but looking at a financial point of view, why would R* waste money and manpower on trying to fight the hackers on last gen if that is a lost fight and they can just not care about it?

Crashbandicoot2
  • Crashbandicoot2

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 hours ago Edited by Crashbandicoot2, 2 hours ago.

Melee being an absolute joke. Phantom punches when in fist fights with other players with a 1% chance you dodge one of their punches but while dodging the player continues to beat you to death by kicking you in the shins. Wielding a knife but your character starts kicking instead of actually using the knife and being pistol whipped means instant death.
  • DentureDynamite and The_Dust_69 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users