Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar vs Ubisoft

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Rockstar vs Ubisoft (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Gameplay-

1. Rockstar (67 votes [97.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.10%

2. Ubisoft (2 votes [2.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.90%

Story-

1. Rockstar (62 votes [89.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.86%

2. Ubisoft (7 votes [10.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.14%

Graphics-

1. Rockstar (45 votes [65.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.22%

2. Ubisoft (24 votes [34.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

Vote
arpitsri
  • arpitsri

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:04 AM Edited by arpitsri, 14 June 2014 - 06:35 AM.

Which company makes better games in terms of story,gameplay and graphics.

Personally, I like both these companies, but also I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed Franchise.

My Vote-

Gameplay-Rockstar

Story-Ubisoft

Graphics-Ubisoft(considering games like AC,Far Cry 3)

While Watch Dogs made my expectation down in terms of graphics, else it was a great game.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

Mmmmh ... You're on a GTA forum, this forum is dedicated to the fanbase of GTA, a game developed by Rockstar.

Honeslty, what responses do you expect ?

• PulpFiction, universetwisters, Luddite and 7 others like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:09 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 01 June 2014 - 02:10 PM.

I may make this poll on IGN and send you guys link, and we will see real results. But i think R* could win this game easily because on IGN many people are disappointed with WD and are satisfied with V.  

EDIT: There was a poll at Yahoo, where R* destroyed Ubisoft.  

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

For me R* are the better company but that isnt to say that I dont enjoy some of the Ubisoft games, especially the AC series.

Loc14
  • Loc14

King of Los Santos

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

As i said in a youtube comment: the majority of Ubisoft's fans only know about Watch Dogs and AC series.

Rockstar is the better company, but i'd love to see them making a game together. (maybe bring Bethesda on board too!)

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Rockstar Created an Iconic and a Cultural Phenomenal Franchise,Rockstar Pioneered Expasion Pack (DLCs),Rockstar Defined the meaning of a Blockbuster Game (GTA5),Rockstar won a BAFTA Fellowship Ubi$oft havent,Lastly Rockstar Revolutionised and Popularised an Entire Genre of Games with the GTA Franchise,and talking about Storylines and LOD? Rockstar are the Masters in that esp. LOD.
  • Target13 and Pavle like this

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:49 PM Edited by Spadge007, 15 June 2014 - 09:15 AM.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

I Am Become Death

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Ubisoft was a good company back in the day, but WAS. Now, all they do is releasing an Assassin's Creed per year and they've surely took a big dump sh*t on AC. AC could be a much more better series if Ubisoft wasn't persistent on it. The whole AC series hasn't started to make sense. I always though AC was overrated but after Revelations, this idea of mine started to empower. I respect Ubisoft for its impact on gaming history but now nah, man.

I'd easily pick Rockstar over Ubisoft. Stories are more variable and exciting, giving a much more fullfilling sense. In terms of gameplay, Rockstar is one of the best companies with awesome gameplays, easy yet exciting to discover. In general, Rockstar didn't disappoint me, maybe except for only GTA V crisis.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

If you are one of those blind fanboys who feel the need to preach how GTA V is better than Watchdoges in every way, why are you so openly threatened that you have to make a poll to say "OMG ROCKSTAR GOOD SUCH GRAPHICS WOW."

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

didn't vote cause you can't really compare . to be able to compare you need to have two similar products and it's not the case right now . but Ubisoft had a phenomenal oportunity to do something great with Black flag . and they prefered to let only 1 year of development to the game devs instead of letting them do a great game . the result was one of the biggest waste i ever saw . AC black flag could have been an anthology game , and i do think it could eventually threatened GTA a bit . with more development , more areas to explore and more freedom black flag could have been a fantastic game . but with only 1 year of development it resulted in a game that tried to claim it was open world but finally wasn't and that i finally uninstalled after 1 month . that story gave me a bad image of Ubisoft , an image of a company that gives more importance to marketing strategies than to fun . i didn't say they act like that but at least it was the feeling i had with AC4 . that's why i think R* should take their time with GTA . outstanding games whatever the style need time , plus i don't like when i hear devs have been put under heavy pressure .. :rol:

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by toxluv, 06 June 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Rockstar makes games with love, Ubisoft doesn't.

• Pavle, Cake* Games and BLOOD-MOND like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

No contest, Rockstar dominates all three. Ubisoft does an exceptional job on most of its games but Rockstar has it mastered. And, of course, they take their time with the games, which is something Ubisoft needs to start doing.

• jpm1, Tikhung and Cake* Games like this

bst81
  • bst81

GTA V & Watch Dogs videos

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:41 AM

I like watch dogs graphics (the effects) and it run pretty well on my PC. But R* have a good graphics in GTA V, want to see if they made a PC version soon or not (but I'm sure they will)

Chips237
  • Chips237

Wide-eyed wanderer

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

I liked Ubisoft's Rayman games but I'll have to say Rockstar.

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:35 AM Edited by Cakelover21, 07 June 2014 - 09:37 AM.

Rocksoft. Loved the AC games they made. Everything else is crap to me. R* ftw!

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

didn't vote cause you can't really compare . to be able to compare you need to have two similar products and it's not the case right now . but Ubisoft had a phenomenal oportunity to do something great with Black flag . and they prefered to let only 1 year of development to the game devs instead of letting them do a great game . the result was one of the biggest waste i ever saw . AC black flag could have been an anthology game , and i do think it could eventually threatened GTA a bit . with more development , more areas to explore and more freedom black flag could have been a fantastic game . but with only 1 year of development it resulted in a game that tried to claim it was open world but finally wasn't and that i finally uninstalled after 1 month . that story gave me a bad image of Ubisoft , an image of a company that gives more importance to marketing strategies than to fun . i didn't say they act like that but at least it was the feeling i had with AC4 . that's why i think R* should take their time with GTA . outstanding games whatever the style need time , plus i don't like when i hear devs have been put under heavy pressure .. :rol:

Oy! Black Flag was one of the only good games they made! "Quit your bitching" (followed by gunfire) -DeMarco Mobster, Max Payne 3, Chapter VI

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Oy! Black Flag was one of the only good games they made! "Quit your bitching" (followed by gunfire) -DeMarco Mobster, Max Payne 3, Chapter VI

man , don't tell me not being able to go to the forest behind the fort you just conquered or not being able to land on a beautiful island you just spotted is not frustrating . a waste that's all .! Ubisoft did great games they did Silent hunter series or even driver which was first GTA like ever even before GTA .. i'm not "bitching" , i'm just saying Black flag development should have been longer

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

man , don't tell me not being able to go to the forest behind the fort you just conquered or not being able to land on a beautiful island you just spotted is not frustrating . a waste that's all .! Ubisoft did great games they did Silent hunter series or even driver which was first GTA like ever even before GTA .. i'm not "bitching" , i'm just saying Black flag development should have been longer
Yeah, that sucked. I have every fort and im really annoyed by this. The random islands that you can't acces piss me off to. Im not telling you to quit bitching i 100% agree. I just really felt the need to use that quote. Sorry man.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Ubisoft has some interesting games, such as Splinter Cell, Far Cry & Anno, But their only game I've played it is Splinter Cell 1
So I would say that the company that makes games more interesting is Rockstar - max payne & all GTA games, In terms of gameplay
and story, Rockstar wins, but graphically Ubisoft wins, I think GTA V added a few points to Rockstar - graphically, but Ubisoft have
a lot more games with stunning graphics.
  • TheUnholy likes this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:57 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 08 June 2014 - 03:58 PM.

Pretty biased to put this on a forum dedicated to Rockstar's most notorious series. Anyway, I think Rockstar beats them at gameplay by far but Ubisoft created some better stories than R* ever did and they also have better graphics engines. AC4, WD, The Division are really breath taking.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by W2B, 08 June 2014 - 04:42 PM.

I love UBI games like Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Assassins Creed (even III was great in my opinion), and most recently Watch Dogs. They are all great games, with great stories, awesome gameplay and incredible graphics.

The only Rockstar games I play are GTAs. They might not have the best stories or the best graphics, but they make up for it with brilliant, addictive and far superior gameplay which always trumps that of any Ubisoft game.

So Ubisoft wins in the story and graphics departments imo...

..But GTA wins where it matters the most - the gameplay!

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

^ You forgot about GTA IV & RDR which have far better stories than most of Ubisoft's games. Also, you can't really compare graphic in action and open world game. It's different, take example Max Payne 3 has better graphic than GTA. Also, the thing i hate about Ubisoft is, they cut games in million parts.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

I've never played RDR, PC Gamer here.

GTA IV has a good story, but in general, Ubisoft games' stories are better than the GTA series IMO.

arpitsri
  • arpitsri

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

If you are one of those blind fanboys who feel the need to preach how GTA V is better than Watchdoges in every way, why are you so openly threatened that you have to make a poll to say "OMG ROCKSTAR GOOD SUCH GRAPHICS WOW."

Actually I am a fan of both of these companies, I'm no partial with Rockstar. Infact one of my favourite franchise is Assassin's Creed.

I love UBI games like Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Assassins Creed (even III was great in my opinion), and most recently Watch Dogs. They are all great games, with great stories, awesome gameplay and incredible graphics.

The only Rockstar games I play are GTAs. They might not have the best stories or the best graphics, but they make up for it with brilliant, addictive and far superior gameplay which always trumps that of any Ubisoft game.

So Ubisoft wins in the story and graphics departments imo...

..But GTA wins where it matters the most - the gameplay!

If you see the star on the poll that indicate my votes, even I voted same as you. Am a big Assassin Creed Fan.

I guess I should have made a poll somewhere else like ign, because as it is gtaforum majority of people will vote for rockstar.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:05 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 14 June 2014 - 08:05 AM.

For gameplay and story, Rockstar. For graphics, Ubisoft.

Rockstar North did epic driving mechanics in GTA IV
San Diego and North did fun shooting mechanics in RDR and GTAV. Still need to add recoil and smoother animations though, this is where Ubisoft are better.

I think overall, San Diego are better than North and Ubisoft. They made MCLA, the graphics were nice, it was one of those "perfect" games. Amazing customisation, way more depth than other games had in pretty much everything. Interior views, storyline with in-game cutscenes, different race types, one of the best games ever.

Then there's RDR, fun shooting mechanics, different minigames, great story.

Rockstar as a whole, would completely demolish Ubisoft if they worked together properly.

Rockstar North would do map design and details and driving mechanics (based on IV's)
Rockstar San Diego would do the story, minigames, customisation and add details to the map that affect gameplay, such as ramps. MCLA mixed jumps into the world really well, while still keeping it believeable.
Rockstar Vancouever, or whoever did MP3's shooting mechanics, would do the shooting.

That would literaslly be the best game EVER. Nothing could beat it.
  • matajuegos01 and BLOOD-MOND like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Played AC, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia and Far Cry. And I would have to say that asside from the Far Cry series everything that Ubisoft makes is absolute sh*t.

I may not have been as impressed with the final version of GTA V as I wanted to be, I'll take it (or any Rockstar game for that matter) over an Ubisoft title.

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Rockstar. Ubisoft stopped being good years ago.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:40 PM Edited by VanillaIce, 14 June 2014 - 03:50 PM.

R* Easily they always Deliver on some level and their games just fit my taste Perfectly 

ubisoft Games are just Not My Cup Of Tea

Far cry i have never Liked  (i Abhor FPS)

Assassins creed is Dull IMO  

Splinter cell is Meh  

i just beat Watch Dogs its the first ubisoft game that has Really Suited My taste and its a good game but still gets Outshined when Compared to R* Best.

R* Have 

Grand theft Auto 

Max Payne 3 

Red Dead Redemption 

Bully 

L.A Noire (its a R* Game IMO)

The Warriors 

All These Games i Love.

• BLOOD-MOND and J Cobra like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

R* Easily they always Deliver on some level and their games just fit my taste Perfectly 

ubisoft Games are just Not My Cup Of Tea

Far cry i have never Liked  (i Abhor FPS)

Assassins creed is Dull IMO  

Splinter cell is Meh  

i just beat Watch Dogs its the first ubisoft game that has Really Suited My taste and its a good game but still gets Outshined when Compared to R* Best.

R* Have 

Grand theft Auto (1997-Present)
Max Payne (2001-Present)
Red Dead (2004-Present)
Midnight Club (2000-Present)
Bully
L.A Noire
The Warriors
Agent (soon)

All These Games i Love.

There I fixed some words for you,but yeah you are definitely right and i couldnt agree more with you...

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:34 AM Edited by Zello, 15 June 2014 - 12:45 AM.

Rockstar is better they don't release a game every year like what Ubisoft does with AC I liked AC back in the day but now its some crap. Watchdogs is decent but I hope they don't f*ck it up like what they do with their other games. Quality over quantity

Anyway R* doesn't always make good games they made this....

39561_front.jpg

EDIT: Well not really made it they published it but still WTF were they thinking publishing this?

The R* logo looks like its in the wrong neighborhood

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users