Photo

No purple nines

10 replies to this topic
Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by Spadge007, 01 June 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Hey everybody !

I got these D-Ice missions to do, Uzi-Money*, but there are no purple jackets to kill by drive by, only reds !

I did a rampage before this missions which included to kill red jacks, might this be th problem ? What can I do ? I can't absolve the missions since there are no red jacks to kill !

toxluv
  • toxluv

Deprived of lessons, I decided to run away.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:26 PM Edited by toxluv, 31 May 2014 - 09:28 PM.

The name of the mission you're trying to do is called "Uzy Money" and not "Uzy Rider". However, D-Ice's Pay-Phone Missions must be completed before you finish "The Exchange", which is the last storyline mission. In fact, due to a bug in the game, the Purple Nines will disappear after "The Exchange".

Hope that helps.

Eddie
  • Eddie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by HazzardX, 31 May 2014 - 10:00 PM.

The name of the mission you're trying to do is called "Uzy Money" and not "Uzy Rider". However, D-Ice's Pay-Phone Missions must be completed before you finish "The Exchange", which is the last storyline mission. In fact, due to a bug in the game, the Purple Nines will disappear after "The Exchange".

Hope that helps.

If you wanna solve that bug,just download silentpach for iii, it will help you

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Fixing Officer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

Though it can't fix an already corrupted save. Upload it, I'll see what I can do.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hope that helps.

Actually, this is false.  I completed The Exchange 2 days ago.  Then I completed "Gripped!" and saved the 5 D-Ice Payphone Missions for the final 5 missions in the game.  And I was able to get Purple Nines to spawn...

I am playing PS2 version on my PS3.

Not only did I reach 100% again (today), I obtained 7 proof vehicles and used the Crusher Glitch on 4 of them.  So now I have the AP/EC Stretch, AP Cheetah, AP Bobcat, BP/DP Patriot, BP/DP Barracks OL, BP/FP Trashmaster, and BP/FP Securicar.

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:24 AM Edited by Spadge007, 01 June 2014 - 09:27 AM.

I have the PC version, so is it actually related to "The exchange" ? Because there are 2 rampages in SV which cause red nines to spawn everywhere in order to behead or splatter them.

PS : Thank you for the responses so far

Though it can't fix an already corrupted save. Upload it, I'll see what I can do.

I tried to start a new game and I used the glitch to get to Shoreside Vale, there were still only red nines.

After uninstalling and re-installing the game, purple nines were back.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

I tried to start a new game and I used the glitch to get to Shoreside Vale, there were still only red nines.

After uninstalling and re-installing the game, purple nines were back.

Yeah, it says "Purple Nines Glitch" on GTA Wiki that in order to fix it you gotta uninstall it and reinstall it.

However, on PC, the problem shouldn't even be there at all.  Supposedly it was fixed on PC, and is only there on PS2/Xbox.  It's said to be really rare for a PC user to get this problem.

I actually didn't do ANY rampages until the end.  I finished the The Exchange, then Gripped! (Last Off-Road Challenge I had left).  Then finally I did D-Ice 5 pay phone missions.  Then I did 20 rampages.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

Completing The Exchange after Rumble is at times helpful in avoiding the Purple Nines glitch. You can avoid this by starting a new game and then loading a save game where Shoreside/D-Ice missions have not been unlocked yet. This will make the engine spawn purple nines. Then, you can load your desired save game and find the Purple Nines spawning again. We use this method at times, during the Chaingame rounds.

Additionally, you can use SilentPatch for GTA III.
  • MetalMilitia89 likes this

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

That method is not really needed for PS2...since you could just powerup without the memory card inserted - it'll launch a new game on it's own that is not corrupted with the glitch when saved (and none of that files' daughter saves will be either). PC saves that are corrupted...you'd probably need to use Time Vault or something to bypass that mission.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

That method is not really needed for PS2...since you could just powerup without the memory card inserted - it'll launch a new game on it's own that is not corrupted with the glitch when saved (and none of that files' daughter saves will be either). PC saves that are corrupted...you'd probably need to use Time Vault or something to bypass that mission.

What if you're playing the PS2 version on a backward compatible PS3?  LOL :p

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Fixing Officer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Actually the issue occurs if you start a new game when you first load a nines-less save. So no reinstallation needed, you just have to start a new game DIRECTLY after you launch the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users