Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why aren't R* listening to the community?

552 replies to this topic
Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

they're too busy listening to the Take 2 bean counters and accountants, to them it's not about the game, it's a cash cow business ;P

on a serious note, I think the game wasn't actually ready on release and they're only now starting to polish Online.

• saintsrow and Lemonz137 like this

XJackalX
  • XJackalX

Pilot Lord

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

I was just about to suggest that if someone on here made a detailed petition for the items we want, we could sticky it on this forum with a link to Rockstar where we could sign it.

Think about it, if we on converge on this idea we would have quite an army of signers. 

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

Rockstar has never listened to anyone. They always do exactly what they want to do. If you think the changes they have done come from the community you have to be retarded. Most of these changes would have been there sooner or later anyway. 
yes, we all want more clothes, we all want more haircuts, we all want houses somewhere other than the damn city but they have an incredibly small team that is working on the online portion of the game at the moment and they obviously doesn't want to waste time and money on the small things. 
We just have to accept being fu**** in the a** by Rockstar.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by Shade04rek, 31 May 2014 - 12:47 AM.

I was just about to suggest that if someone on here made a detailed petition for the items we want, we could sticky it on this forum with a link to Rockstar where we could sign it.

Think about it, if we on converge on this idea we would have quite an army of signers. 

That is the best idea since more of us players are on here than on socialclub.

Their system of sending them ideas personally doesn't work at all to show what our best suggestions are as a community, so it should be something we all vote on, I wish they had a section dedicated to it.

The most rational suggestions will get voted up too, not crazy stuff, so itll bring the best out of their game in the end.

Belch
  • Belch

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Sure, they could do that. But to make it more realistic, make it so that if the cops see you driving around in one of their cars, they not only go immediately to five star (you know how cops are when it comes to other cops), but also get a warrant to search your garage where they will confiscate any other stolen vehicles they find.

I do miss the cop missions where you could pretend to be a cop. Maybe even give us those nitrous boost buttons and help the cops deal with the red blipped maniacs out there.

• ZeroF0rce likes this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

I wouldn't consider running in your apartment or not losing thousands of dollars every time you die improvements. they should have been obvious and been there since day one.

now if they will just give the cops the a.i. of cops instead of psycho universal soldiers.

• Adeel007 likes this

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

Instead they make the stupid cops harder to evade and make more of them spawn - your answer - They are idiots 

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

ya because criminals/civilians? are allowed to own cop cars  i thought you people want games to be realistic well now that is realistic

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:19 AM

Because they don't give a f*ck...?

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

They're listening....

...they are not however, at your beck & call for every minor feature someone wants.

• Shaundi., DS Monkfish, Upggrade and 7 others like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:33 AM

why exactly do you want one in your garage taking up space when its the most easily obtainable vehicles on the map? what possible purpose could there be to have one for anyway?

Crepuscular
  • Crepuscular

Locked out of old account.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:54 AM Edited by Crepuscular, 31 May 2014 - 02:55 AM.

People calling for storable LSPD vehicles seem to be oblivious to the problems the Police RIOT would cause... You can't counter it with gunfire, so you HAVE to blow it up...

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:55 AM Edited by Shade04rek, 31 May 2014 - 02:55 AM.

People keep saying they are listening, but I don't really think they are on gtaforums wading through all the threads people make. all they have is a troubleshooting section on their site, which is only fixing bugs and rp/cash to what the game is already supposed to be. Where exactly are they listening to anyone?

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:42 AM

I posted this in November, and they just recently implemented it. So I'd say the whole argument of them not listening is invalidated.

• Gallioni Pepperoni and sebcreed like this

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

It's probably because petitions are f*cking pointless.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:53 AM

R* logic..... why listen to their fans when they are already raking in so much money??? 

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

Sometimes the hammer, sometimes the nail

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

R* logic..... why listen to their fans when they already have their money??? 

Fixed that for you.

You're gonna get four heists, max, and like it, then you've seen the last of anything until R* wants you to pay for something new.

They're done with GTA 5 Online, moving on to milk new cash cows.

• saintsrow likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

R* logic..... why listen to their fans when they are already raking in so much money??? 

Assuming tween logic...Perhaps you forgot that R* have a parent company that receives any and all income before R* see a single cent?

And C'mon, do you really think Take-Two are running these servers for free?

What's it to you anyway? You don't support shark cards via purchase, what's it matter to you if Online generates them money or not? You're still accessing everything at no cost.

• ModderX, Coin. and KingLouieThaXIII like this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by Shenmue18, 31 May 2014 - 04:25 AM.

When they promise updates regularly,

Please provide the link to where Rockstar said "We PROMISE to give you regular updates" and then if you could provide a link to the update release schedule the provided that would be appreciated.

they should kinda do ones that people want, because ya know, we kinda payed 60$ for the game? Thus, people ARE entitled to be unhappy with the game and its updates if they're not getting what they wanted, they paid for the game and if they're not happy with what Rockstar is doing, they have a right to complain,

Yes people ARE entitled to be unhappy, but that is ALL they are entitled to. You (or for 85% of you - your parents) payed $60 for a game and you got it. You received the product that was purchased. Any DLC that is released by Rockstar is purely extras. You have absolutely zero right to these DLCs because you already got what you payed for. A few will whine and say "but they promised us heist!" or "they said we would get constant updates!" to which I say - so what? You are NOT entitled to ANYTHING because you have already received your product. Rockstar could cancel all future DLC right now and you people would have absolutely ZERO right to complain about it. Just because you purchase a game does NOT enter you into any kind of contract or agreement with Rockstar saying that they HAVE to give you ANYTHING. You give money = you get disc. That's it.

stop being such a Rockstar nut hugger.

Can you tell me why anyone who doesn't think that Rockstar is evil is automatically said to be sucking their dicks?

People could make a legit complaint if Rockstar cancelled all DLC because they still haven't added heists which were ADVERTISED as part of the game. Go back and watch the GTA Online trailer from before the game's release, they NEVER said that the heists wouldn't be playable when Online launched, they also said the game had a "consistent and continually expanded world" which could definitely be interpreted as advertising the game's online as being regularly updated.

I've loved Rockstar's other games, and I certainly don't hate them whatsoever, it's just some people on here will defend Rockstar to a ridiculous level, Rockstar is a company, nothing more, nothing less, they're not your friend and they're not your family, just a company that wants your money like every other company out there.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

because most of the community f*ck R* for cash card, even they didnt even got one

so why the f*ck should they give it a damn what you need

luisniko
  • luisniko

DOA5 welcomes Mai

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

I always love the comments on Rockstar's Facebook page everytime they verify sh*t jobs.

The people are speaking their true voice: "We don't care! We want heist! We want PC version!"

McBean007
  • McBean007

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

Why should they listen to us dipsh*ts?

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

entitled

I'd really like to know who introduced this word to GTAF, just to punch them in the teeth.

He introduced the term to the world and his name is Colin Moriarty and he is a editor for IGN.

Commander S
  • Commander S

So say we all

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by Cmdr_Shepherd, 31 May 2014 - 09:23 AM.

I guess second properties, restoring motorbike physics for stunting, making topless vehicles separate purchasable variants, adding most street cars to the in-game websites (as well as things like the Rat Loader), restoring the ability to store clean Rebels, giving an option to temporarily turn off the cops, etc. don't count, huh, OP.

Heck, several people (myself included) have suggested maybe adding things like the spoilerless/spoiler variant Infernus, painted/carbon roof Voltic, etc. as either separate in-game website variants, or adding the options as customisable ones at LSC (rather than bound to the stock car), and R* support actually replied that they're going to add something along one/other of those lines to deal with unobtainable variants, either as a hot-fix, or with an upcoming future patch. In other words, they're adding new game options in direct response to player feedback.

But no, you're totally right - when does R* EVER listen to the GTAO community, eh?   :rol: 

• Staten and blakeney like this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

Asha! That light has a family!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Rockstar has never listened to anyone. They always do exactly what they want to do. If you think the changes they have done come from the community you have to be retarded. Most of these changes would have been there sooner or later anyway. 
yes, we all want more clothes, we all want more haircuts, we all want houses somewhere other than the damn city but they have an incredibly small team that is working on the online portion of the game at the moment and they obviously doesn't want to waste time and money on the small things. 
We just have to accept being fu**** in the a** by Rockstar.

Well spoken like a genuine dumbass without a brain.

People asked & Rockstar listened;
-Rat-loader
-garage killing fixed
-God mode gone
-death costs $500 from $2k
-most glitches patched, sadly, the easy SPMP had to go :(
-cornrows glitch
-kept the gate glitch because it's fun

There's more but I've forgotten.
  • Staten and Commander S like this

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

How are you going to need to buy a cash card if your garage is full of cars that can't be fitted with $50,000 turbochargers?

oh, if you knew what can be done to that smexy police interceptor... full body mod options, same performance tuning as any other car, and that includes turbo... it would be the go-to car for many a player.

• iliev77 likes this

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

ya because criminals/civilians? are allowed to own cop cars  i thought you people want games to be realistic well now that is realistic

Yeah, because an invisible force field not allowing you to drive certain kinds of cars into your garage is so realistic.

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by Remote Six, 31 May 2014 - 12:42 PM.

People could make a legit complaint if Rockstar cancelled all DLC because they still haven't added heists which were ADVERTISED as part of the game. they also said the game had a "consistent and continually expanded world" which could definitely be interpreted as advertising the game's online as being regularly updated.

Ah yes I believe that falls under the federal "But that's not FAIR! You PROMISED!" law.

Tell where exactly Rockstar says "If you buy this game we GUARANTEE you will have this DLC by this date". Or show me in the games EULA where it says that by buying the game Rockstar agrees to give you ANY DLC.

Go ahead - ill wait.

Go back and watch the GTA Online trailer from before the game's release, they NEVER said that the heists wouldn't be playable when Online launched

They also NEVER said it WOULD be playable. They also NEVER said when (or IF) it would EVER be playable.

The bottom line here is in no way, shape or form is Rockstar required to give you anything based on your beliefs, interpretations, expectations, tingling spidey senses, late night fever dreams or nut sack crawling up. They owe you NOTHING. You are entitled to NOTHING. So sit down, shut up and wait to see what they release.

Either that or throw a tantrum and go play another game.
  • Xyn, Mac4167 and Aaron030792 like this

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

That's why they just implemented the option have multiple properties, asked for by many?

Actually it probably made commercial sense to them. More properties, more vehicles, more cash cards sold.

I highly doubt they did this for the players. Rockstar are too arrogant to do anything that we want unless it makes them money somehow.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:48 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 31 May 2014 - 12:48 PM.

they probably can't hear you over the sound of all that money they made

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users