Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why aren't R* listening to the community?

552 replies to this topic
AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

R* has added little bits and one big feature, but for being 8 months old that's not good at all.
I mean, they didn't even listen to the community when it came to clothing. All we have is bloody suits. Nothing that stands out like 'Gangsta' clothing, biker stuff, etc.
We got a lot of content updates, but they didn't listen to us hardly at all when it came to what was in those updates.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

It's like if they forgot about the $2k death fee or something  :blink:

Basically what the op of this threads boils down to I think is, "Rockstar aren't listening because they don't add the things I WANT". And then people wonder why he is getting called entitled lol

• Staten, Katve, Ninjambie and 4 others like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Basically what the op of this threads boils down to I think is, "Rockstar aren't listening because they don't add the things I WANT". And then people wonder why he is getting called entitled lol

Exactly.

LoyalRockstarFanboy
  • LoyalRockstarFanboy

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

How does it feel to be Rockstars #1 fanboy?

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think it'd be annoying to have to worry about whether or not the cop car I'm blowing up on the street is going to cost me insurance and get me a BS warning.

Insurance is like 200$, you would have to be broke to care about that, man up and grow a pair
  • goldadderXD likes this

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Still doesn't fix the BS issue.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Ahem? So ownership of police vehicles does not affect game balance?

How about the ability to "identify" which ones were being owned and controlled by players and which were the "actual" LSPD?

Yes you have your map in the bottom corner but I very rarely look at that for player blips I know my way about the game so well now.

My best gaming friend nicks cop vehicles all the time and usually turns up in one when I'm being chased or in a shootout
with the cops, in the days before you could not hit people on your friends list etc I'd be wasting him all the time. :evilgrin:

Um you'd know if it was a player or not because most likely the police car would have chrome and dollar rims or some other fugly color scheme

iliev77
  • iliev77

NCR Ranger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

we need SugarFreeNos here

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

Because 1179 votes isn't even a molecule of O in a Jupiter sized ocean-world filled with H2O.

Atom of O*

Smartass 

You got me, Bill Nye.

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

I think I can sum up what we really want from Rockstar. Also, I don't think that they realise how much more money they would make from some DLC with decent content. This does not mean a few cars and terrible clothing only for men.
What I mean is packs with at least 20 cars and 100 hundred unique clothing items each for both sexes.

*clears throat*

Tuner DLC (There's an awesome thread about this, check it out)

***[I think there is a thread for most of these, but I didn't check]***

Motorcycle Club Vehicles and Clothing DLC

Military Clothing and Vehicles DLC

Emergency Vehicles in Garage -
The ability to store them. It doesn't affect me but there are plenty of loyal GTA fans getting impatient with greedy and restrictive Rockstar

Muscle Car DLC -
I want this so much!!! Hopefully bring back the previous muscle cars from past games

Super Car DLC -
Hear me out. Super cars from the previous century. These could go in a vintage super class, but then have the options to merge both classes. The vintage supers would be just as good as the modern ones in terms of performance.
Have a few more modern super cars to keep everyone else happy

Aviation DLC (see matching thread)

Guns DLC
- Have a big bunch of weapons, not just guns though.

Heists DLC
- This doesn't even need a description. It has almost been 8 months since GTA Online has been released, and still no heists

San Fierro and Las Venturas DLC
- Need I say more?

Mansions and Real Estate DLC
- We need homes in the North and not just apartments in the city

Here is what I think is the biggest failure on Rockstars part.

Nightlife and Interior DLC
- Look around the city. There are so many clubs , restaurants and other buildings that are locked and useless. The only club in the game that we can go in is a strip club. What the hell Rockstar?!
There are many of us who like to immerse in video games. Those who have played The Elder Scrolls know this well.
This shouldn't even be a DLC. This should have been in the game from release.

Video games sometimes allow us to live a life that we are likely to never live or experience.
Last time I checked, GTA Online was meant to be a world that is alive and constantly evolving. Rockstar have not fulfilled this to us.
I don't care if the content we have been given is free. It is terrible and does not compare to past Rockstar DLC. Considering this is their most ambitious game to date and has had very mediocre content.

Rockstar said that there was going to be over 700 missions in the game. Count up what there actually is.

Rockstar said that they have 45 years worth of ideas for GTA Online. The content that we have actually been given would have taken 45 minutes to make. A re-skin of some suits and a few cars is an insult to us.

If Rockstar listened, they would have done these things, even if only for the cash cards. No amount of free DLC would ever make more profit than the above DLC. But unfortunately I don't think we will ever see these amazing ideas from this community come to life.
  • WillWorthington3, Mac4167, PSgtaplayer1 and 8 others like this

CmdrJohnShepard
  • CmdrJohnShepard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

It'd be really awesome if they added Police uniforms into Online, I mean..you get the Highway Patrol in singleplayer. :p

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:36 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 30 May 2014 - 11:42 PM.

No R is NOT going to browse these forums and the multitude of over the top ideas people come up with here. Not if it is just 1 person withan idea on a forum or youtube.

BUT, can someone provide a proper place for feedback and a community idea that we can vote towards to show it isn't "what I want!!!", but that it is what the community wants? Because a petition on R*s hub website seems like the only way to properly give feedback of the community. OP providing the petition is the right way to go. anything like that should take top priority over forums and ideas that they seem to have gotten right (multiproperties) on their own, because I dont see that as a result of our feedback, they added that stuff themselves, and that is fine, but it doesn't count as feedback without proof of our asking for it. I don't recall there being any proper way of telling them that more supercars or muliple properties is what we wanted. It seems like everything they have done, they were going to do anyway unless the feedback that they seen could be provided.

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

How am I supposed to tell if you own the cop car or not? Sometimes there are like ten cops in one area and only two or three cop blips on the radar in that same area. It's too risky and it's also unfair.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

because they dont own you sh*t

stop being so entitled

Actually no. When they promise updates regularly, they should kinda do ones that people want, because ya know, we kinda payed 60$ for the game? Thus, people ARE entitled to be unhappy with the game and its updates if they're not getting what they wanted, they paid for the game and if they're not happy with what Rockstar is doing, they have a right to complain, stop being such a Rockstar nut hugger. 

• blackwolfred, V HoneyBadger V and BigJoe_1 like this

Whybot182
  • Whybot182

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

Most of the "community" are never happy with anything that's why :r*: never listen, sad but true...

• Mac4167 and DJ Kornphlake like this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:45 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 30 May 2014 - 11:46 PM.

Most of the "community" are never happy with anything that's why :r*: never listen, sad but true...

That is like a paradox, If most of the community aren't happy, we give feedback, they take consideration, not continue to guess what is good and possibly continue to make fans unhappy.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

They've got bigger problems if "the community" consists of just 1100 people.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:50 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 30 May 2014 - 11:51 PM.

Most of the community is here wasting their time bitching instead of constructively contributing on socialclub forums, creating and adding to suggestions R can actually see.

Anyone, browse around there, your suggestion might already be there needing votes.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

I don't think it's a case of Rockstar not listening, quite the opposite; they've listened and they don't like your idea.

• lukeskateboards and Sunnycyde like this

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

Most of the community is here wasting their time bitching instead of constructively contributing on socialclub forums, creating and adding to suggestions R can actually see.

Anyone, browse around there, your suggestion might already be there needing votes.

Most of the community is playing the game, not coming to forums.

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

i got the extra garage and better rapid gt I wanted but never bothered to ask for

So, i got what I want, best of luck to you OP

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:58 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 31 May 2014 - 12:02 AM.

Most of the community is playing the game, not coming to forums.

Lol, true, most of the community don't even know R* or that a "community" exists. They are just people who got it for kids and friends and don't game beyond cod and major titles. I tell you, in the hoods around here, these lilwayne wannabes, that aren't real gamers in the smallest sense, play this game and are as satisfied as ever, their iq is obviously lower and easily impressed. Anyone in the ghetto knows to buy gta after san andreas *facepalm*

Sunnycyde
  • Sunnycyde

Certified Plastic

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

They do listen to the community...just because some idiots want a police buffalo and they don't get it doesn't mean squat. I hope u realize how little the number of people who actual care about police vehicles is...FFS.

The community must be happy as there are millions of people who bought and play the game...

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by Remote Six, 31 May 2014 - 12:20 AM.

When they promise updates regularly,

Please provide the link to where Rockstar said "We PROMISE to give you regular updates" and then if you could provide a link to the update release schedule the provided that would be appreciated.

they should kinda do ones that people want, because ya know, we kinda payed 60$ for the game? Thus, people ARE entitled to be unhappy with the game and its updates if they're not getting what they wanted, they paid for the game and if they're not happy with what Rockstar is doing, they have a right to complain,

Yes people ARE entitled to be unhappy, but that is ALL they are entitled to. You (or for 85% of you - your parents) payed $60 for a game and you got it. You received the product that was purchased. Any DLC that is released by Rockstar is purely extras. You have absolutely zero right to these DLCs because you already got what you payed for. A few will whine and say "but they promised us heist!" or "they said we would get constant updates!" to which I say - so what? You are NOT entitled to ANYTHING because you have already received your product. Rockstar could cancel all future DLC right now and you people would have absolutely ZERO right to complain about it. Just because you purchase a game does NOT enter you into any kind of contract or agreement with Rockstar saying that they HAVE to give you ANYTHING. You give money = you get disc. That's it.

stop being such a Rockstar nut hugger.

Can you tell me why anyone who doesn't think that Rockstar is evil is automatically said to be sucking their dicks?

• Xyn, lukeskateboards and mr toasterbutt like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

Can you tell me why anyone who doesn't think that Rockstar is evil is automatically said to be sucking their dicks?

Because personal attacks are useful if you can't refute the argument.

• fefenc, lukeskateboards and mr toasterbutt like this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

They do listen to the community...just because some idiots want a police buffalo and they don't get it doesn't mean squat. I hope u realize how little the number of people who actual care about police vehicles is...FFS.

How do they listen to the community? do they browse these forums? youtube? socialclub? because we barely can find proper places to give feedback on their own site.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:16 AM

They do listen.. 

• Gave the Ratloader back, and for free from Valentines day to 1.13.
  • Gave us the option to turn off slipstream.
  • Non-Contact Racing.
  • Extra money and RP for increased difficulty.
  • Extra RP for the free-aim community.
  • Decreased the medical bills from 2k to 500.
  • Patched numerous glitches and exploits (I hate that they killed LSC, the easy SP-MP and "store any car" glitches, but it had to happen...). :(
  • Killed the DNS and the God Mode freaks.

They did patch stupid things like the job payouts, and the things you mentioned, but hey, they're doing their best, even if they do screw up the game even more; I see more glitches and problems pop up with every coming patch.

• blakeney and Gallioni Pepperoni like this

Conici
  • Conici

Loveable Jerk

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

If rockstar are not listening then why can we run in our apartments 

checkmate 

• ZeroF0rce and slowburn29 like this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

This is how they handle feedback, you send them a message that they probably won't read, and if you want to start a petition, or actually create a thread people can vote on, it might just be deleted.

Untitled_zps6066b5a5.png

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

This is how they handle feedback, you send them a message that they probably won't read, and if you want to start a petition, or actually create a thread people can vote on, it might just be deleted.
Untitled_zps6066b5a5.png

Perfect example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users