Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why aren't R* listening to the community?

552 replies to this topic
TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

We have new interiors?

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:38 AM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 03 November 2014 - 05:41 AM.

Stalked is right. With all the bullsh*t we deal with in this game, most people would have given up on GTA V overall. Glitches, bugs, server issues, matchmaking, cheaters, decent/mediocre DLC, overpriced items, pay cuts, you name it... Also, a lot of games came out during all of this time, so populations could have shifted towards them (Ghosts, Titanfall, Destiny, Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA, soon-to-happen Advanced Warfare , etc.).

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:15 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 03 November 2014 - 01:16 PM.

What? Are you serious? It shows that interest in the game has dropped by landslide. Obviously they were going to lose people over time, but it's a huge dip. Obviously with the PS4/One release coming out soon, people are starting to get interested again, but still, it won't do as well as it did on the 360/PS3. You've got to remember, there's only 18,500,000 PS4/Ones sold so far combined (might be less since Microsoft won't give any figures), it's not like everyone is playing on their PS4/One yet.
It's not even entitlement, people are just expressing their opinion. I think most of the people on this forum grew up playing GTA. It's clear they went down a different path this time around. Some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I don't think it's a bad game, but I do think it's one of the poorest games in the series. It's funny when fanboys start screaming 'ENTITLEMENT, STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE'. 
Not everyone shares your opinion of 'it's perfect and Rockstar can do no wrong', much like you don't share mine. Just saying.

I think you expectations are way too high, bro. It's been a year. This is the ADD generation. They came, they played, they moved on. I've got friends that played GTAO when it came out, moved on to something else, fapped to Titanfall, moved on, fapped to Destiny and moved on... Today's gamers are easily distracted and perpetually bombarded with new sh*t. When I play, I'm always in full, active lobbies. As far as I'm concerned, the game is doing fine. And R* is about to sell a second copy of the same game to a whole bunch of gamers, so as far as R* is concerned, the game is doing better than fine; they got fans to buy the same product twice... 

In regards to the online community not mattering because its only a fraction of the overall buyers, Everyone who bothered to make their gtav socialclub and gtavforum accounts are at the very least small fans or big fans. I believe that fans should get more recognition than the typical gamers. Fans are the one who commit to every title even if reviews say its sh*t, Fans are the ones intentionally buying shark cards just to support the game, They preorder, and buy the special edition. the ONLINE community who comes together to discuss and even bitch about the game is still feedback in some form. If R* should listen to anyone at the least, then it  should be its online community, because where else? Dont get me wrong, I think they should allow proper feed back on social club, screw gtaf being the place. Im not saying they have to listen AND execute what people propose neither, but some feedback and responses between fans and R* would be on point, just like with the troubleshooting section, except responses on ideas that have been voted up, we know they see them, but dont say anything.

R* has always been quiet though, but now that they have this big online, I think itll be wise to study and acknowledge what their players want IN GENERAL more. That might even mean to able to save random vehicles to even lawn mowers, why? cause why the hell not I assume.

It IS a small fraction of overall buyers. I've played this game almost daily for over year. In that 1100+ hours, do you know how many people I've conversed with that had heard of GTAF or was active in any GTA forum at all? Zero. Even guys in my crew that do nothing but play GTA all day.

Your fandom is cute. I'm a fan of this franchise too. But because I choose to support a billion dollar corporation doesn't mean they owe me anything. Sam Houser doesn't know I exist and I'm cool with that. As long as he gives me my fix, he can f*ck off. Your thinking that you deserve preferential treatment because you're "a fan" is the sole reason the E word gets thrown around. You saying R* owes you special treatment because you're a huge fan is like me saying that Scarlett Johanssen owes me a blowski because I own all of her movies. This over-inflated sense of self-worth of GTA players is unbelievable. I'm sorry, but You aren't special.

Biggest pile of nonsense I have ever heard. It's not 2007 any more. Almost every gamer plays Online in some shape or form.

You cannot substantiate this claim. You and your friends don't represent "almost every gamer".

A year isn't very old, the decrease in players has been huge. It's almost unreal. The number of people who bought this game and the number of people who still play it is quite frankly a joke.

You cannot substantiate this claim either. Like I said earlier, people pick up and drop multiple franchises in 365 days. A year is a long time to hold a gamer's attention in this day and age. What's more, just because people aren't playing online doesn't mean they aren't playing the game. I've got friends that spend substantial time in SP...

Also, this forum is literally the second result on google when searching GTA Online. heck, it's in the top 5 when just searching GTA. Pretty much googling any GTA question will bring you to these forums. I'd say the majority of fans and players know this place exists.
People aren't complaining because they've just stopped playing and caring completely.

Again, of the hundreds of thousands of people I've encountered, not a one that I spoke to had EVER heard of GTAF. This "community" isn't as big as you think. It's actually quite small. 609,956 people to be exact... Please, in the name of all that is pure and good, get over yourselves.
  • A Maned Wolf likes this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by TheStalked, 03 November 2014 - 02:50 PM.

I think you expectations are way too high, bro. It's been a year. This is the ADD generation. They came, they played, they moved on. I've got friends that played GTAO when it came out, moved on to something else, fapped to Titanfall, moved on, fapped to Destiny and moved on... Today's gamers are easily distracted and perpetually bombarded with new sh*t. When I play, I'm always in full, active lobbies. As far as I'm concerned, the game is doing fine. And R* is about to sell a second copy of the same game to a whole bunch of gamers, so as far as R* is concerned, the game is doing better than fine; they got fans to buy the same product twice...

What load rubbish. The game Rockstar had envisioned was people playing this game for years to come, and it's failed.

You cannot substantiate this claim. You and your friends don't represent "almost every gamer".

Yes, I can because it's the truth. Over 44% of the Earths population play Online video games in some shape or from. It's not a statistic I've pulled out of my ass either, It's reported on multiple sites from 2013

You cannot substantiate this claim either. Like I said earlier, people pick up and drop multiple franchises in 365 days. A year is a long time to hold a gamer's attention in this day and age. What's more, just because people aren't playing online doesn't mean they aren't playing the game. I've got friends that spend substantial time in SP...

Again, yes I can. The truth is there in front you. If you choose to ignore it and have the wool pulled over your eyes then so be it.

Again, of the hundreds of thousands of people I've encountered, not a one that I spoke to had EVER heard of GTAF. This "community" isn't as big as you think. It's actually quite small. 609,956 people to be exact... Please, in the name of all that is pure and good, get over yourselves.

I disagree, I hear people talking about this place over mic all the time in-game. This forum is more popular than you think, a lot of people just don't feel the need to register since it's an open forum. Heck, I lurked here for over year before I decided to register. And, yes, I'm sure you speak to hundreds of thousands of people.

I'm done with this topic now. I've said all I had to say. Quite frankly, you seem a little ignorant, and refuse too see the truth that's there in front of you. You refuse to have a discussion other than 'I'm right, you're wrong'. But I guess fanboys will always be fanboys. Have a nice day.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

What load rubbish. The game Rockstar had envisioned was people playing this game for years to come, and it's failed.

And people are still playing it. People that are dissatisfied, like yourself, are still playing it. You even joined a forum to discuss the game that you're so dissatisfied with, and are still doing so a year after the fact.

Yes, I can because it's the truth. Over 44% of the Earths population play Online video games in some shape or from. It's not a statistic I've pulled out of my ass either, It's reported on multiple sites from 2013

I'm not sure what orifice you pulled that statistic from, but it's wrong. 44% of the Earth's population does not play online videogames. 44% of the Earth's online population plays online videogames. That means that only 44% of the people with online access are actually playing videogames online... :/

Source

Again, yes I can. The truth is there in front you. If you choose to ignore it and have the wool pulled over your eyes then so be it.

Wut-XD-random-29839102-500-276.jpg

I disagree, I hear people talking about this place over mic all the time in-game. This forum is more popular than you think, a lot of people just don't feel the need to register since it's an open forum. Heck, I lurked here for over year before I decided to register. And, yes, I'm sure you speak to hundreds of thousands of people.

Okay, then... What percentage of the 33,000,000 consumers that bought the game do you think utilize this forum in any capacity?

I'm done with this topic now. I've said all I had to say. Quite frankly, you seem a little ignorant, and refuse too see the truth that's there in front of you. You refuse to have a discussion other than 'I'm right, you're wrong'. But I guess fanboys will always be fanboys. Have a nice day.

Right. I'm the ignorant one here...
  • A Maned Wolf and Bill Williamson like this

CallumL
  • CallumL

I love you, but you're an asshole.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

I don't see the hype behind having police vehicles in your garage. But I see the point. However, Rockstar receives a load of suggestions a day, and to be honest, it'd be impossible to reply to them all and consider all suggestions. However you never know, they may consider it in later GTA games.   

HollywoodVice
  • HollywoodVice

I'm everywhere, everybody know me

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Gee, I wonder...why aren't R* listening to the community...?

Are you new to the internet or forums? If not, that's your answer.

/thread

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:08 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 03 November 2014 - 06:43 PM.

See replies in RED

It hasn't failed in any way. People still play the game and the game has made billions becoming the best selling game of all time. 

Over 44% eh? The world population (in 2013) was 7.125 billion. That means there's roughly 3.135 billion people playing online video games.

Now, if you go and do the research it's estimated that less than 3 billion people have access to the internet and it is believed that we will hit the 3 billion mark by the end of this year. This means the "statistic" that you mentioned was pulled out of your ass. There isn't even 3 billion people with internet access. Also, you need to keep in mind internet access does NOT mean they also play online video games.

I guarantee this forum is the minority. Even if you add up all the active accounts as well as people that don't participate in discussions on this forum you'd probably end up with less than 10% of the total sales. This is definitely the minority and from a business point of view it's better to cater to the majority rather than the minority.

From what I've seen you haven't shown any proof to anyone.

• We Are Ninja, A Maned Wolf and Bill Williamson like this

Bill Williamson
  • Bill Williamson

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by Bill Williamson, 03 November 2014 - 05:25 PM.

If every single member on this entire forum (609,831 ) wanted X (compared to the 32.5 million people that purchased the game last time I checked) that's less than 2% of the people that purchased the game.

I hate to nitpick, but I will since this is pretty flawed.

While 32.5 million did purchase the game 32.5 million people aren't playing the game. I don't even think that there a million active people playing Online. I can't remember the website, but it had showed how many people were playing GTA: Online on the 360. It's wasn't even in the tens of thousands. It was a pretty low 5000-6000. That was quite a few months back too, I can't imagine it's got any better. Say what you want but that's a very low figure considering how many copies they sold. Doesn't that tell you that something is wrong?

Heck, it's got to the point where I see the same people in races. I haven't added them or sent a friend request, I just join random missions. People just aren't sticking around.

You can tell just how much interest has been lost in this game just by this forums traffic. I'd love for an admin to give exact figures.

If you really think the complaints are a minority, go to the Single Player section, it's pretty much all complaints.

You are talking out of your ass. There is no reliable source (except major Nelson s blog maybe, but he doesn t report about it anymore) of the number of people playing GTA Online. Last news about active players came around february when GTAO still held the number one spot.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by MrPeteyMax, 03 November 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Because 2000 people out of the 1,000,000++ people who bought it doesn't make any difference to them. They probably get up to 20,000 emails daily about changes the public want.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but just making a petition isn't going to make much change.

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

What is a DJ if he can't scratch?

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

Because 2000 people out of the 1,000,000++ people who bought it doesn't make any difference to them. They probably get up to 20,000 emails daily about changes the public want.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but just making a petition isn't going to make much change.

Police vehicles will never come back,

Utility vehicles will never come back,

There will never be fair pay for anything on R*'s watch,

Once Next gen comes out they'll keep doing this t-shirt/etc bullsh*t until you people are sleeping under the stars near R* HQ because you thought they 'cared about you and the community'

Nonsense. Take Two atleast cares only about money, so shut up and like it or do what most people with a slight bit of common sense do and GTFO out of this sh*theap of a game.

Epic.
  • Epic.

The King of Stuff n' Thangs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

Nonsense. Take Two atleast cares only about money, so shut up and like it or do what most people with a slight bit of common sense do and GTFO out of this sh*theap of a game.

They care about money because THEY ARE A COMPANY.

It's their main goal to make money.

• We Are Ninja likes this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 03 November 2014 - 07:12 PM.

In regards to the online community not mattering because its only a fraction of the overall buyers, Everyone who bothered to make their gtav socialclub and gtavforum accounts are at the very least small fans or big fans. I believe that fans should get more recognition than the typical gamers. Fans are the one who commit to every title even if reviews say its sh*t, Fans are the ones intentionally buying shark cards just to support the game, They preorder, and buy the special edition. the ONLINE community who comes together to discuss and even bitch about the game is still feedback in some form. If R* should listen to anyone at the least, then it  should be its online community, because where else? Dont get me wrong, I think they should allow proper feed back on social club, screw gtaf being the place. Im not saying they have to listen AND execute what people propose neither, but some feedback and responses between fans and R* would be on point, just like with the troubleshooting section, except responses on ideas that have been voted up, we know they see them, but dont say anything.

R* has always been quiet though, but now that they have this big online, I think itll be wise to study and acknowledge what their players want IN GENERAL more. That might even mean to able to save random vehicles to even lawn mowers, why? cause why the hell not I assume.

It IS a small fraction of overall buyers. I've played this game almost daily for over year. In that 1100+ hours, do you know how many people I've conversed with that had heard of GTAF or was active in any GTA forum at all? Zero. Even guys in my crew that do nothing but play GTA all day.

Your fandom is cute. I'm a fan of this franchise too. But because I choose to support a billion dollar corporation doesn't mean they owe me anything. Sam Houser doesn't know I exist and I'm cool with that. As long as he gives me my fix, he can f*ck off. Your thinking that you deserve preferential treatment because you're "a fan" is the sole reason the E word gets thrown around. You saying R* owes you special treatment because you're a huge fan is like me saying that Scarlett Johanssen owes me a blowski because I own all of her movies. This over-inflated sense of self-worth of GTA players is unbelievable. I'm sorry, but You aren't special.

Thanks for the response. This isn't actually personal for me, I don't care to be special. Im cool with this title and can't ask for more, although I am defending the voices of other players and the idea that its in the best interests of everyone if a game developer gives an ear to their players, even if majority aren't able or willing to voice themselves.

I didnt intend to draw a line between who are and arent fans, I was referring to those who are active in expressing their opinions and feedback here on the internet. Lets be honest, majority of the players playing gtao are casual gamers who aren't really critical, they will take whatever big title comes out and what those titles give, and theres nothing wrong with that. No, R* doesn't owe anyone anything, but I do believe that the disconnection of communication between R* and the fans who want to give feedback hurts the interests of traditional non-casual gaming fans of gta, specially when they are now trying to cater to casual gamers and are now seeing the big profit of that.

The "feedback" I speak of more specifically is the kind presented on the socialclub page. R* has the proper system to receive feedback, but they use it exclusively for troubleshooting problems and glitches. There are some posts on ideas that many people have voted up, I think they deserve responses, even if the response is on turning down the proposed ideas.

• We Are Ninja and Deathdime89 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users