Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why aren't R* listening to the community?

552 replies to this topic
beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Addicted to V

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

I hate side missions Golf,Tennis,Yoga and Darts there so boring, the past GTA's had better side jobs I don't care if that makes up a old formula these jobs Vigilante,Firetruck,Ambulance and Pizza boy and completing a big car list of stolen vehicles are alot more fun than the side jobs from HD era GTA's and Online is ruining the franchise and taking away content from SP if all the content from MP was added to SP like car insurance,bigger map(by double tapping down on the D-pad),Trackers on vehicles,mission creator,clothing,masks and all the other missions and of course don't forget the vehicles from GTA IV/TLAD/TBOGT that should of been added to SP GTA V would be alot better and not get boring so fast all the jobs online can't touch the mssions in SP there so boring and short. I have completed the story mode 3 times and I have such a blast every time.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:04 AM

i do think that R* listens to the community. It just takes six months for them to change something which in turn ends up breaking something else that takes another six months to finish. Have you ever tried to code while seeing double from Tequila shots? it really is quite difficult.
Unfortunately they seem to only be listening to the f*cking retarded fans who didnt want crouching or the ability to turn the engine off in V.

Because the game is broken without crouching obviously...
did anyone say that? Have fun having conversations with yourself.
Don't complain about the lack of crouching then. Please acquire a brain by any means.

The ability to crouch gives a greater tactical advantage. If you enjoy using the cover system in this game you must be an idiot. Oh wait.

i do think that R* listens to the community. It just takes six months for them to change something which in turn ends up breaking something else that takes another six months to finish. Have you ever tried to code while seeing double from Tequila shots? it really is quite difficult.
Unfortunately they seem to only be listening to the f*cking retarded fans who didnt want crouching or the ability to turn the engine off in V.

lol, why the f*ck you wanna turn engine off? most people wanted to be able to leave it running, haha!  crouch would be nice though, and the ability to lock the muthafackin person the crosshair is right next to instead of swinging across to the far side of the screen to lock some dipsh*t npc whos not even lookin at you.

Yeah i agree, also by turn off the engine i mean have the option to leave it running.

budcat
  • budcat

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

Well it would be nice to crouch and go prone.  The original Operation Flashpoint is an ancient game that had this mechanic and it still remains one of the best shooters in my opinion because of that and a couple of other good bullet simulation features in it.

Basically without the ability to go prone sniping is silly.  It's too bad this is over-looked in most games. 

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:19 AM Edited by Zee, 24 June 2014 - 01:19 AM.

Well it would be nice to crouch and go prone.  The original Operation Flashpoint is an ancient game that had this mechanic and it still remains one of the best shooters in my opinion because of that and a couple of other good bullet simulation features in it.

Basically without the ability to go prone sniping is silly.  It's too bad this is over-looked in most games.

For Gods sake, even Max Payne 3 had this as a feature, and that was a recent game that many say was a test for gta5 made on the exact same engine with almost the exact same control scheme. It boggles the mind. I guess criminals never crouch or lie down.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:24 AM

I thought the whole point of having the Hipster cars is because Rockstar listened to the complaints about having supers all the time.

• We Are Ninja, Epsilon_Program and rea12345 like this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:01 AM Edited by MetalThrasherXtreme, 24 June 2014 - 02:02 AM.

I thought the whole point of having the Hipster cars is because Rockstar listened to the complaints about having supers all the time.

I can see where you might get that idea but the fact remains there is nothing that indicates R* did it based on player feedback. 

I mean, if they had a chance to tell you they were adding in an update based purely on player feedback, why wouldn't they? It would be a definitive sign that yes, they are listening. Same thing applies to the update when we were able to own 2 garages per character. 

My point is for all we know, these updates are on a planned schedule and ready to go from the start, they just release them based on the plan. I mean, look at the speculation over the Hunter, there's files already in the game for it and whatnot, they already have it rendered. The leak with Heists, which is supposedly fake but it looked pretty legit, at least from what I saw. 

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

True, true.

It's not like they have great communication skills anyway.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

From the 1.14 patch notes:

Rhino Tanks are now easier to destroy based on player feedback.

• We Are Ninja and Epsilon_Program like this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

That's only one example, and we're referring more so to actual content, not nerfs/buffs, that's standard practice. 

Also, it came rather late, tanks should've had the nerf months ago. 

PinkRibbonScars
  • PinkRibbonScars

Also known as happpy11

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

That's only one example, and we're referring more so to actual content, not nerfs/buffs, that's standard practice. 

Also, it came rather late, tanks should've had the nerf months ago. 

Better late then never. I'm just glad that R* is starting to listen to the community, but that's only because we're making our voices heard(well maybe not on hear but on the official forums). 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

2ND TO NONE

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

They don't need to...

/thread

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

I can see where you might get that idea but the fact remains there is nothing that indicates R* did it based on player feedback. 

I mean, if they had a chance to tell you they were adding in an update based purely on player feedback, why wouldn't they? It would be a definitive sign that yes, they are listening. Same thing applies to the update when we were able to own 2 garages per character. 

My point is for all we know, these updates are on a planned schedule and ready to go from the start, they just release them based on the plan. I mean, look at the speculation over the Hunter, there's files already in the game for it and whatnot, they already have it rendered. The leak with Heists, which is supposedly fake but it looked pretty legit, at least from what I saw. 

I think that could potentially begin after heists / next gen is over and done with (feedback driven content).

• MetalThrasherXtreme likes this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

I think that could potentially begin after heists / next gen is over and done with (feedback driven content).

I think a mixed bag with content by them and content based on player feedback would be great, a nice balance between the two and also stress off the development team from having to constantly think of stuff, why not turn to the masses for ideas? Let us feel like we're part of the game, not just the ones who play it. 

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Massacromance

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by We Are Ninja, 24 June 2014 - 02:06 PM.

I think a mixed bag with content by them and content based on player feedback would be great, a nice balance between the two and also stress off the development team from having to constantly think of stuff, why not turn to the masses for ideas? Let us feel like we're part of the game, not just the ones who play it.

Why not turn to the masses for ideas?

Because you aren't part of the development team.
Because you don't have years of game design experience.
Because you've never designed a game in your life
Because you aren't on R*'s payroll.
Because you have no concept of game-balancing or mechanics.
Because you whine too much and are never satisfied.
Because the fact that you spent $64.94 for a game doesn't make you or your ideas any more special than the other 32.5 million consumers that did the same.
Because if they added everything that players wanted, we'd have zombies and endless snow and aliens and passive lobbies and no economy and players banned for being "mean" to other players.
Because what would please a few people may upset a lot of people.
Because the changes you all are asking for probably aren't as simple to implement as you seem to think.

You aren't part of the game. You're just someone who plays it. If you want storable cop cars and nipples and horses and whatever else these special snowflake gamers think R* should implement because they're consumers and they're important, buy the PC version and learn how to mod.
  • ugotsmoked, 007_eleven, sultangris and 5 others like this

Demetri_FTO_1.
  • Demetri_FTO_1.

Malibu's Most Wanted

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Why not turn to the masses for ideas?

Because you aren't part of the development team.
Because you don't have years of game design experience.
Because you've never designed a game in your life
Because you aren't on R*'s payroll.
Because you have no concept of game-balancing or mechanics.
Because you whine too much and are never satisfied.
Because the fact that you spent $64.94 for a game doesn't make you or your ideas any more special than the other 32.5 million consumers that did the same.
Because if they added everything that players wanted, we'd have zombies and endless snow and aliens and passive lobbies and no economy and players banned for being "mean" to other players.
Because what would please a few people may upset a lot of people.
Because the changes you all are asking for probably aren't as simple to implement as you seem to think.

You aren't part of the game. You're just someone who plays it. If you want storable cop cars and nipples and horses and whatever else these special snowflake gamers think R* should implement because they're consumers and they're important, buy the PC version and learn how to mod.

Daaaaaaaaamn!

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

I discovered a detail today.

We can't delete a character by mistake anymore. We must type "delete" or such to confirm.

If R* didn't listen to the community about this, I don't know where it came from...

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

because we all dont like cops, and we dont like gamers that want to be cops.
  • sultangris and dreadluxx like this

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:44 AM

Why aren't R* listening to the communityyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!?

• AhmadMJamal likes this

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:55 AM

fan: yo R*, give me some free content, will ya?
R*: yea sure, let me just pump money into creating it and then waste said money by releasing it for free! 

I'm afraid that's not how the world works. You should be happy we got the free content in the first place

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

fan: yo R*, give me some free content, will ya?
R*: yea sure, let me just pump money into creating it and then waste said money by releasing it for free! 

I'm afraid that's not how the world works. You should be happy we got the free content in the first place

Huh? i'm liking this free t-shirt i got.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:59 AM

Let's say you give a sandbox to a child; the sandbox isn't perfect, but it works, and you want it to make the child happy. Because you want that child to be happier, you keep giving them hand-made toys without asking for anything in return.

However, the child also does nothing but whine and complain. He cries about everything you do and gives you an ugly look every time you hand him a new toy.

I'm sure you'd get pretty frustrated after a while.

• 007_eleven and A Maned Wolf like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

IdleWood

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:45 AM

can you bring a bunch of girls to come party with me

"why doesn't op ever listen to me?"

moral of the story you can't grant every request

especially when its THIER product and they get thousands of requests and complaints

stupid ass question is that

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

You seriously want the developers to listen to THIS community?

• We Are Ninja, A Maned Wolf, GrandTheftRobbo and 3 others like this

raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:43 AM

You seriously want the developers to listen to THIS community?

Yes and no.

Yes because some ideas are good and will keep players playing. Lets be honest, Online is pretty boring, reptitve, redundant.

No because some ideas are impossible (or very unlikely).

Bottom line: listen to the community because they will provide feedback on the product. It doesn't mean every idea gets implemented, but those which would satisfy a large portion of the gamer base

Dirty80s
  • Dirty80s

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:41 AM

they dont listen cuz they dont need too

with watchdogs disapointment GTA now look alot better

I am still trying to figure out what Watch_Dogs has ever had to do with GTA. 

They have been listening forever. Just because they don't put in every single thing everyone wants, doesn't mean sh*t. 

Where do you think all the fixes and little features came from? Or two apartments? 

From this whiny bitch board most for sure. This f*cked up board has ruined all the fun in GTAO.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Soft Cabbage

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

Let's say you give a sandbox to a child; the sandbox isn't perfect, but it works, and you want it to make the child happy. Because you want that child to be happier, you keep giving them hand-made toys without asking for anything in return.

However, the child also does nothing but whine and complain. He cries about everything you do and gives you an ugly look every time you hand him a new toy.

Please do take note that the Sandbox I gave to that child wasn't free. The child paid me approximately $60 bucks. And then I said to him, "I'll keep 'building' your Sandbox".

And it's not perfect because i pulled of some parts and give it to him one by one later for free. And then, I tried to make up the Sandbox by attaching ugly stickers which basically not what the child want. And when the child complain which basically a feedback to what I did to his Sandbox, I ignore him. And then I keep making strict rules that he can't do certain things with his Sandbox. And when the child is bored with the Sandbox and asking for several fixes, I shut my mouth and do other things, like making another Sandbox for another kid, as if I have finished taking care of that kid's Sandbox, which still has missing pieces.

I guess I'm a serious dick.

• N0 F34R and Channing Taintum like this

Trevingit
  • Trevingit

cheese meister

• Members

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:37 AM

I mentioned about people losing progress by pressing a button to reconnect and how a casual gamer isn't go to know that and they actually put up a notice in the loading screen to warn people of this. I moaned about bad sport and how it crippled our gameplay, shortly after it was tweaked. Lots of people moaned about how some missions had ridiculously low payout which crippled the games versatility, I would want to play other missions but no one else wanted to but they changed that. They made trevors atv purchasable and the list goes on so Imo I really don't know where this thread stems from. They have a listened a lot and more so than any other company which is partly why they are one of my favorite developers out there.  

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

It's a fact of mind over matter...
They don't mind, so we don't matter.

sweetbrother
  • sweetbrother

T.N.W.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by sweetbrother, 01 November 2014 - 09:54 AM.

haha hold on a sec, i see what you're saying - this is leading to the whole entitled thing.

But if this analogy is close to the truth then that sandbox would be a dirty, jagged sharp edged one, with pee pee quick sand and cigarettes. And there is a chance your kid may get raped in it by some strange sorcery. He can still play in it though, and at least he got some free t shirts.

• A Maned Wolf and Channing Taintum like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

This old sh*t bumped up again, huh?

"Rockstar listening to feedback" is not "Rockstar will put your sh*t in the game if you keep whining"
  • TheMcSame likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users