108 replies to this topic
LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Pawns Checkmate Kings

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

I'm lost. I spend almost a million dollars customizing my Pegassi Infurnus. So I decide to try it out on the highway. It feels like I'm going 80 MPH. WTF. It feels so slow. It's like Rockstar doesn't know what fast means. Go play Need for Speed Prostreet and go into a speed race with a fast car. Going 230 MPH in that game actually feels fast. Upgrading brakes had a reason. There's is pretty much no excitement to driving in this game. Oh turn the left stick on your controller. It's like you're on rails. The game says you're going 140 MPH (worst speed cap ever) but it feels like 50 MPH. Driving at max speed (which is slow) is boring. :yawn:
  • Zito and SixStringLuke like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruih made me do it

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

you might have that once in awhile glitch where your car gets locked into 2nd gear, just reset the game 

• Tabula Rasa, Intoxica7ed, Peaches84 and 4 others like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

Inb4 wannabe mod directs you to the b*tch and moan thread.
  • Zee, Bocknoi, Ninja_Gear and 36 others like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

So, you're finally spending your first million or something??

MickeyKnox
  • MickeyKnox

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

$1M in customs?  Tell me more.

• Rented, MilezDawg, theGTAking101 and 6 others like this

GERM!
  • GERM!

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

I'm lost. I spend almost a million dollars customizing my Pegassi Infurnus. So I decide to try it out on the highway. It feels like I'm going 80 MPH. WTF. It feels so slow. It's like Rockstar doesn't know what fast means. Go play Need for Speed Prostreet and go into a speed race with a fast car. Going 230 MPH in that game actually feels fast. Upgrading brakes had a reason. There's is pretty much no excitement to driving in this game. Oh turn the left stick on your controller. It's like you're on rails. The game says you're going 140 MPH (worst speed cap ever) but it feels like 50 MPH. Driving at max speed (which is slow) is boring. :yawn:

testing it on the highway doesnt really show speed because when you are going fast there is no risk. if you actually want to see and feel the speed do it on a tight road and take some corners 

• iainspad likes this

High King
  • High King

g.u.y.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

you might have that once in awhile glitch where your car gets locked into 2nd gear, just reset the game 

I've been wanting to make a post about this for ages, it's so f'cking annoying and no one I've talked to has experienced it.

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

Names are for friends, so I don't need one

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

testing it on the highway doesnt really show speed because when you are going fast there is no risk. if you actually want to see and feel the speed do it on a tight road and take some corners 

True dat. 

Even the Adder feels slow when driving it at the airport runway, but feels a whole lot faster when you take it into the city.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Don't feel bad, back during the hacked billions days, I tried every car under the sun, and my highest speed online is 147 in a Rapid GT.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Pawns Checkmate Kings

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

True dat. 
Even the Adder feels slow when driving it at the airport runway, but feels a whole lot faster when you take it into the city.

That's because the roads are shorter. You get there sooner than on a highway. It just sucks that there's no fun in driving.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think it's a nuisance when a 250mph rated vehicle (Adder/ Veyron) is only "just" passing the AI vehicles on the highway. 

• saintsrow, mman259, Crunch McThornbody and 8 others like this

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

Sounds like you just did ;)
  • Sugar Free Nos, Bozzah and Benreece94 like this

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

Names are for friends, so I don't need one

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

True dat. 

That's because the roads are shorter. You get there sooner than on a highway. It just sucks that there's no fun in driving.

Driving is fun - if you're not driving a brick on wheels.

Try out the Cheetah, you'd be such a cheetah in races that people would accuse you of being a cheetah!

• oleg_aka_djmeg, BigJoe_1 and krooked kouki like this

¥en
  • ¥en

What am I supposed to do?

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 29 May 2014 - 10:36 PM.

Allow me the honor ;)

Bitch and moan thread, this belongs there.

• Xyn, Jeff Nesteruk, NikkoCharger and 1 other like this

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

150 is the max speed for online. That's as fast as can be supported with 16 players.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

Allow me the honor ;)

Thanks, Aira!
  • Xyn, Ermacs, SightsIn and 4 others like this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Pawns Checkmate Kings

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

150 is the max speed for online. That's as fast as can be supported with 16 players.

Supported? Jesus Christ Rockstar. WTF is wrong with the game?

MickeyKnox
  • MickeyKnox

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

Yes, supported.  Your 7 yr old console sucks, get over it.

• Xyn, Bluesun62, HBSanta and 3 others like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

My top speed is 160.54 in an Infernus... 

I think it's a nuisance when a 250mph rated vehicle (Adder/ Veyron) is only "just" passing the AI vehicles on the highway. 

Oh ya it's great. Nothing funner than being at max speed in a super and not being able to dodge n weave through traffic.... 

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

This is why you test a car in single player.......

• GTA Banjo, Upggrade, Jeff Nesteruk and 1 other like this

Weazur
  • Weazur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

Can't go fast enough? Join me and ride around slowly on a bicycle! See the city in a whole new light!

(Even though people will STILL kill you because, hey, that guy riding around on a bike doing bunny hops is a MAJOR threat, right?)

• mman259, HBSanta, Peaches84 and 5 others like this

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

That's why you DON'T test a car in single player, as they are way faster in SP than in Online where they are capped because of the world not loading fast enough. If you have ever stolen a car with nitrous from a player you will know about this.

• Jehannum likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

That's why you DON'T test a car in single player, as they are way faster in SP than in Online where they are capped because of the world not loading fast enough. If you have ever stolen a car with nitrous from a player you will know about this.

They are not that much faster in single player so it is still worth doing unless you want to waste a heap of cash so you've got something to moan about.

Dottie
  • Dottie

The box said 10

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by Winning001, 29 May 2014 - 11:25 PM.

The speed cap in MP is 240kmh (150 mph)

every gta is ran on the metric system FYI

all cars have scaled down speed

back in SA I've had cars go 320kmh (200+ mph) with realistic handling tweaks

at that speed, motion blur was so much, you had to be lucky not to crash into stuff, even on a long highway, where cars actually went 70-80 (not like in V where they go like 40-60)

#TheWondersOfPCMasterRace

• RyanBurnsRed and Gallioni Pepperoni like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:32 PM Edited by The Angel King, 29 May 2014 - 11:32 PM.

The speed cap in MP is 240kmh (150 mph)

every gta is ran on the metric system FYI

all cars have scaled down speed

back in SA I've had cars go 320kmh (200+ mph) with realistic handling tweaks

at that speed, motion blur was so much, you had to be lucky not to crash into stuff, even on a long highway, where cars actually went 70-80 (not like in V where they go like 40-60)

#TheWondersOfPCMasterRace

So why then does it tell me my top speed is 160+ in MP?

¥en
  • ¥en

What am I supposed to do?

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

Because you can go above it by slipstreaming and other methods.

SixStringLuke
  • SixStringLuke

A particular set of skills...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

Can't go fast enough? Join me and ride around slowly on a bicycle! See the city in a whole new light!

(Even though people will STILL kill you because, hey, that guy riding around on a bike doing bunny hops is a MAJOR threat, right?)

A few months back, right after the business update, there was a dude riding his bike around my apartment. He seemed to be trying to do bunny hops over ai cars so I honked and flashed my lights signifying my peaceful intentions. Drove up to him at a slow speed a couple times so he could hop over the car and then started building up speed after a few "rehearsals". 

Did some cool hand brake turns with him hopping over me, some reverse J turns, etc etc. Even had a few people in the map with us put down their guns and take in the show! 

That was fun.

• freakydude20, Jeff Nesteruk, Bozzah and 1 other like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

other methods.

I like other methods. :)

mjxqIga.png?1

• GTAMYBABIES, Jeff Nesteruk, Bozzah and 2 others like this

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

Allow me the honor ;)

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

first thing first...

how do you spend a million customizing a car?

that "million" you spend customizing that sh*tty car should have gone to actually buying a fast car.

/thread
  • GTA Banjo, HBSanta and SuperFaggio64 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users