Quantcast

» «
Photo

Mr. Phillips "No Survivors" Challenge - How To Guide!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
GTAOCD
  • GTAOCD

Obsessive Compulsive about GTA

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by GTAOCD, 29 May 2014 - 09:21 PM.

Hey, guys! Long time since I've been on here, but I figured I'd better post this since many were having trouble, as far as I read...

This will contain spoilers, just so we're clear...

So the first part of the mission is easy, pretty straight forward... I'm sorry I don't have pictures, but I'll try and be at detailed and descriptive as possible... granted, this is long, but worth the read if you're having trouble...

Okay, now, you've arrived at the trailer park and are met with intense force, naturally... I may be mistaken, but the difficulty in the 'No Survivors' challenge might be based upon the direction you take upon taking down your enemies, therefore I'm telling you the exact order I took...

As soon as Trevor hops out, I select the Special Carbine rifle and hide behind the first trailer on the left. Pop out, kill the guy behind the tree, then the guy behind the van... (he'll pop his head out between the open door and the windshield). Proceed immediately to the tree, pop out, and kill the two running across the dirt road. Immediately after, there's one that pops out of the trailer door closest to the road - kill him, and there's immediately (how many times am I gonna use that word? lol) one more from the other door who makes an attempt to get on his bike. Once he's dead, proceed forward towards the health pack on the crate, but once your get about 8 feet from it, turn around and take cover as more enemies will spawn and come running. The first will be just to the south of the crate with the health-pack on it. Pop out and kill him. There's another van to the north, run and hide behind the right headlight of the van, but be quick! - multiple enemies come blasting. There should be a guy on your left, kill him and the rest until you're clear... now make absolutely sure that you pick up the Sawed-Off Shotgun (and be quick about it!) that gets dropped by the enemy just north of the van you took cover behind! - you'll need it. If you'll notice the trailer with the lattice fence on it (highly exposed, had two enemies on it, northeast of the van) has an orange propane tank on it. Wait for the first set of two bikes to ride up near the propane tank and BOOM!!! - easy pickings. There should be another set of two bikes that come up the road from the east. Wait for them to get off their bikes in order to shoot them. Run over and get ON one the bikes... remember the Sawed-Off Shotgun you picked up? You can use it while on the bike. Drive a little ways down the road, until you're facing south and stop (ignoring the last few enemies to your now west)... there should be a single enemy to your left (east), wait for him to pop out and kill him with your shotgun (while on the bike). The last two(?) from the west should try to flank you from the northwest, kill them and the challenge will pop... now for those of us who've tried and failed this challenge will count 4 optional enemies, but remember that first guy I had you kill from the east while on the bike? HE was your fourth optional. When the challenge pops, there should be only 3 optional enemies to kill, all running south. Using the bike and the shotgun to easily catch up and kill them, the challenge should be no sweat. Provided you've skipped the cutscenes and done your best to drive and shoot well, you should finish the mission before 9 minutes, long before the 12 minute marker. 

Sorry for the long read, but that's exactly how I did it. I failed several times, but eventually found that exact pattern to use. 

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

It's pretty easy, the last 5 lost members are running away. You just have to make sure they're not too far apart and then sprint to kill them.

GTAOCD
  • GTAOCD

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

It's pretty easy, the last 5 lost members are running away. You just have to make sure they're not too far apart and then sprint to kill them.

Well Trevor's 'Sprint' stat is terrible, and they run FAST. Plus, if you run in the wrong direction, they completely disappear altogether. So, for me (and a lot of people probably) it was actually rather difficult. 

Slate Mc
  • Slate Mc

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

I have done gold on this one but it wasn't easy. Must have taken about 30 tries, and yes, the problem was determining which direction to approach the last 4 runners who only spawn towards the end. I ended up taking the last guy out with the sniper rifle as he was disappearing into the distance. Great guide though GTAOCD - wish I had read that a few months ago !

GTAOCD
  • GTAOCD

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by GTAOCD, 30 May 2014 - 06:43 PM.

You're welcome! It was a boring pain to have to go through the first 7 minutes of the mission just to get to the last 4, too. Ugh, oh well. Onto the next tough challenges! 

thc_404
  • thc_404

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:25 AM

Once you see the last 4/5 blue blips (runners), just jump on the nearest bike and chase them, just like OP says. It's pretty much idiot-proof.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:20 AM Edited by stangone50, 03 June 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Well Trevor's 'Sprint' stat is terrible, and they run FAST. Plus, if you run in the wrong direction, they completely disappear altogether. So, for me (and a lot of people probably) it was actually rather difficult. 

Was the most difficult mission to gold in the whole game for me.

What I did was walk clockwise around the camp leaving the enemies in the center for last this way they were close together when it was time to kill all of them.

ThaiboyDigital
  • ThaiboyDigital

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Sweden

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:51 PM Edited by ThaiboyDigital, 04 June 2014 - 05:45 AM.

That's weird. I actually did this on my first try, the only reason I had to replay "Mr. Philips" was because I didn't master the Headshots Challenge.

Due to my extreme case of OCD I had to "Gold Medal" every mission and every Strangers and Freaks mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users