Photo

Outlast

50 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by iNero, 20 June 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Here is 11 min Gameplay. Was uploaded a few moments ago on GT

http://www.gametrail...e-gameplay-demo

In Outlast, players will take the role of an independent journalist called Miles Upshur. Acting on a tip from an inside source, Miles breaks into a facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line being science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.

http://www.dsogaming...f-summer-on-pc/

Everyone who likes movies like Blair With Project, REC or Cloverfield will like this game. Pretty sure about that. This is one of the few games which really give you the atmosphere that you have in these movies.

Its the first game to run on Unreal Engine 4 and will be released on PS4 and PC

Edit:
It looks like dsogaming.com is wrong and the Game is powered by UE3.

Daylight should be UE4.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

What is the release date? And isn't Fortnite the one that will be the first to use UE4? Maybe I missed something.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by iNero, 20 June 2013 - 11:09 PM.

End of Summer on PC. 2014 on PS4

Edit: It looks like dsogaming.com is wrong and the Game is powered by UE3.

Daylight should be UE4.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Looks pretty cool. I'll keep an eye on this game. Looks like the type of PS4 game I'd buy when the price decreases.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 23:06)
End of Summer on PC. 2014 on PS4

Edit: It looks like dsogaming.com is wrong and the Game is powered by UE3.

Daylight should be UE4.

Looks pretty good for a UE3 game, but then again, it's been a while since I've played the Gears Of Wars games.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

yes, the guy corrected his article. http://www.dsogaming...f-summer-on-pc/

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Man this game looks sick! Finally a good horror game! With awesome graphics! biggrin.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

is there a new video somewhere?

I really hope they make this monster thing more ugly and more creepy.
and show it not that often. Its not that creepy when you know how this thing looks. And the shock effect gets lost everytime it appears. So those shock effects should be more rare and therefore the tension should go up more and more

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:09)
is there a new video somewhere?

I really hope they make this monster thing more ugly and more creepy.
and show it not that often. Its not that creepy when you know how this thing looks. And the shock effect gets lost everytime it appears. So those shock effects should be more rare and therefore the tension should go up more and more

I agree, but I love the moments where you have to run from it and you need to hide whilst it chases you! panic.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

It's not on PS3. sad.gif anuj_cop.gif
It doesn't look too powerful for PS3, graphics don't look like PS4.
Why is it PS4 exclusive? anuj_cop.gif

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Surprised there was never a thread made for this game. Without a doubt, playing this game and its DLC has become the most terrifying experience of my life. I would encourage everyone who is into horror games to buy the game on Steam or PS4 and support the indie studio.

Outlast debut trailer

Outlast: Whistleblower (DLC) trailer

Outlast Steam page
http://store.steampo...com/app/238320/

Outlast reviews
http://www.metacriti...game/pc/outlast

• Cosmic Gypsy, Majestic81 and Wayne Daniels like this

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

This game was so f*cking scary, holy crap. It's so hard to find a way from escaping the enemies.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

Surprised there was never a thread made for this game. Without a doubt, playing this game and its DLC has become the most terrifying experience of my life. I would encourage everyone who is into horror games to buy the game on Steam or PS4 and support the indie studio.

Outlast debut trailer

Outlast: Whistleblower (DLC) trailer

Outlast Steam page
http://store.steampo...com/app/238320/

Outlast reviews
http://www.metacriti...game/pc/outlast

The only thing I don't like about horror games is that the second play through is NO where close to the first. 

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

^^ Eh... Not really the case with Outlast. Yes, you know where the jump scares are, so you don't get scared by those. But, the game is still scary nonetheless as you still have to deal with naked men chasing after you with knives trying to kill you.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

That wedding part near the end of the whistle blower dlc will forever haunt me. f*cking disgusting

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by Chase177, 29 May 2014 - 07:46 PM.

Got the game when it was free with PlayStation Plus. I haven't played it yet, because I don't own a PS4, but when I do get one, it will be ready to download along with quite a few other games.

Johan
  • Johan

The Future.

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Been wanting to try this out for so long but never had a PS4 and whenever it was on sale I just never broke through.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:17 PM Edited by gta_aus, 21 June 2014 - 04:38 AM.

Without a doubt, playing this game and its DLC has become the most terrifying experience of my life.

Got this tonight and that sentence pretty much sums it up. I had an idea of what it would be like. Sure the trailers were creepy, but f*cking hell.....nothing could have prepared me for this. What makes it even worse is knowing you can't attack them and I'm glad because otherwise you wouldn't get such an experience like this. The last game to get into my head like this was The Suffering games, and that was a while back now. I am truly terrified and I don't know if I'll get much sleep tonight.
Edit-I suggest anyone who has good headphones to plug them in the ps4 controller, it takes this game from 10/10 scary, to heart attack material.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

I played this game in the dark on a friend's PS4 and except for a few jump scares, it didn't scare me at all.  I guess since I've played so many horror games throughout my gaming years.

The game itself is still great fun though.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

I checked out the first hour/hour and a half of it and it wasn't scary at all. It lacks the kind of atmosphere that could scare me. And atmosphere in general. Naked guy in crazy asylum chasing you doesn't tickle my fancy much.

I'll give it a second shot when i have my own ps4, but the first half of the game hasn't really done anything for me.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by one55, 21 June 2014 - 07:09 AM.

f*ck this game.

i love a good horror movie and all that but i just nope'd out this game. 

what i think the game relies on heavily is the soundtrack. some of the scares are cheap like opening a door and a body comes swinging down from the ceiling. that's a cheap obvious scared but what really made it scary was the soundtrack music. i remember wandering about the corridors and nothing was happening but i was still sh*tting myself cause of the music playing in the background.

there's a part where you got to find a card or something. so i was walking down a corridor, past this guy sitting on a wheelchair, and went into a room. i was getting tired of walking and couldn't figure out how to run. i got it and ended up running back down the corridor and this guy f*cking jumps out his wheel chair. totally wasn't expecting that. i literally threw my controller away, screamed and started kicking at my tv haha (i was lying down and my reaction was to kick my tv even though it was at the other side of the room). i jumped/kicked so hard that i pulled a muscle in my foot. bloody hurt walking for while. 

that's when i deleted the game.

• Wayne Daniels likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

I think we need to set up some sort of help group for psychological victims of Outlast....

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Sorry for the double post but it's important. As of tonight when I open Outlast, the game doesn't register my save game it just say start new game...I went to check and the save game is there, on the hard drive and even in online storage (ps plus). It's just not recognising it for some reason. Anyone else have this problem?

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

I played this game in the dark on a friend's PS4 and except for a few jump scares, it didn't scare me at all.  I guess since I've played so many horror games throughout my gaming years.

The game itself is still great fun though.

I checked out the first hour/hour and a half of it and it wasn't scary at all. It lacks the kind of atmosphere that could scare me. And atmosphere in general. Naked guy in crazy asylum chasing you doesn't tickle my fancy much.

I'll give it a second shot when i have my own ps4, but the first half of the game hasn't really done anything for me.

Since you said friend, I'm not sure if your friend was with you when you were playing, or if you were alone. Anyway, here are some obvious tips to make the game more scary.

1. The most obvious one, play in complete darkness. No light sources at all other than the TV. It helps to play it at 2 in the morning compared to 11 in the morning.
2. Put your phone away or any other distractions. Immerse yourself in the game.
3. Make sure no one is up/by you/ you're completely alone. It really does make it more creepy knowing you're the only one in the house and no one else is there to help you get through this.
4. USE GAMING HEADPHONES. This might be the most important. Gaming headphones in a horror game is a must. Because, it completely immerses you in the game. You hear everything. You can't play a horror game and not use a gaming headphone.

Not everyone thought this game was scary. All I can say is make sure you play the ENTIRE game before you say this game isn't scary and make sure you follow those 4 tips. Thanks for the post.

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

Also, if you actually end up finishing Outlast and still don't think it's scary, then most fans consider Outlast's DLC, Whistleblower, to be actually scarier than the main game. So, you will have to end up trying that out as well.

Johan
  • Johan

The Future.

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

Finally bought it now for about a dollar since I sold most of my steam trading cards, and I'm also officially out of the summer sale since I'm spending the rest on personal issues. Hope it was worth it

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Original Outlast was absolutely amazing, the atmosphere, creatures and sounds was really scary. But after some time the creatures weren't scary anymore for me, I just said: "Oh, no... again..." but sounds made the situation a little bit scarier anyway.

It's true that Whistleblower is much scarier, but extremely disgusting, especially situations with *spoiler* Eddie and the "thing" before you met him.

In overall, very good game.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Private Dick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:23 PM Edited by Waldie, 24 June 2014 - 08:28 PM.

I really need to start playing this again.

Bought it on Steam a couple of months back but haven't played for ages. Was down in the basement and got chased by a guy and eventually killed despite my feeble attempts to run and hide. That was the first time I died in the game and unfortunately that really took a lot of the fear away. Soon after I got distracted from the game and haven't played it since.

I have to say though, I found this to be one of the scariest games I've played - at least at the beginning. Sitting in the dark with my headphones, I just couldn't take it for long. I kept playing it in short bursts because it was just too damn stressful. All the sounds and atmosphere just gave me the creeps. I get that some people don't find it scary though, I guess everyone's different in what the find scary and I've played many horror games which I've enjoyed but haven't found them that scary personally. This one though... haven't been so scared to explore since that abandoned farmhouse near the end of the first Condemned game.

• Wayne Daniels likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:02 PM Edited by gta_aus, 18 July 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Still haven't finished this game, can only play it for a few hours every couple of weeks. Got through a bit tonight and it f*cked, just f*cked.
Spoiler
Probably be a few more weeks till I play some more.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Is there any way to just buy this for PS4? Or do I have to have Playstation Plus account?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users