Photo

Father/Son not available after Complications

4 replies to this topic
castor_troy_123
  • castor_troy_123

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by castor_troy_123, 28 May 2014 - 09:07 PM.

New here so apologies if this has been asked 100x (searched but couldn't find an answer).  I've completed Complications but Father/Son is not available for me to play.  There is no M icon at Michael's house.  I've completed the following story missions:

Prologue, Franklin and Lamar, Repossession, Complications, and Chop.

Through online research it looks like it's supposed to be available after Complications.  I've been cruising around for 2-3 hours with no new missions available.  I've done all of the Freeks and Geeks missions available, tried repeating Complications, tried using a tax and quick travelling, etc.  I've called everyone and drove around town for hours with nothing new becoming available.  I'm about out of ideas and pretty damn frustrated.  

Any ideas on this?

emelen
  • emelen

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

I'm guessing you've tried switching between Franklin and Michael, its just that you don't mention it above..

Have you tried:

Leaving town altogether, heading north and returning after a short while?

'Sleeping' at the safehouses, i.e., lying on the bed as if to save but then hitting the 'B' (xbox) or Circle (PS3) button to quit back to the player, without actually saving the game. This advances in-game time by upto 12hrs, depending on protagonist..

Switching your console off for 30 secs at least and then reloading the game?

One of the other things to consider (if you're not already doing so) is to use multiple slots when saving your game, so if you get stuck somewhere, its easier to replay from a previous save-point than to restart from Prologue again.. I personally used all 15 save slots, saving the most recent in the bottom slot, so it rolled through and now having completed the game, I can jump back in at key points without the hassle of starting from scratch again..

I hope some of the above helps..

• castor_troy_123 likes this

castor_troy_123
  • castor_troy_123

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:28 AM Edited by Spuds725, 30 May 2014 - 10:27 AM.

I'm guessing you've tried switching between Franklin and Michael, its just that you don't mention it above..

Have you tried:
Leaving town altogether, heading north and returning after a short while?
'Sleeping' at the safehouses, i.e., lying on the bed as if to save but then hitting the 'B' (xbox) or Circle (PS3) button to quit back to the player, without actually saving the game. This advances in-game time by upto 12hrs, depending on protagonist..
Switching your console off for 30 secs at least and then reloading the game?

One of the other things to consider (if you're not already doing so) is to use multiple slots when saving your game, so if you get stuck somewhere, its easier to replay from a previous save-point than to restart from Prologue again.. I personally used all 15 save slots, saving the most recent in the bottom slot, so it rolled through and now having completed the game, I can jump back in at key points without the hassle of starting from scratch again..

I hope some of the above helps..

I have been switching between Franklin and Michael, yeah.  I've also cruised around most of the map but I can try spending some more time up north if that seems to be something that may inspire the game to make the next mission available, lol.  I've slept and saved with both characters several times as well although I haven't tried the get in and out of bed thing to advance the clock.

]It's too late for the saving idea although that is a good one, I guess I didn't assume there would be a problem..  I also started this game ~6 months ago or so and just did the prologue and then have played multiplayer since.  I'm just starting on the single player.  I'm wondering if my save data got messed up with one of the updates as I've read about online.  Not sure, but if I spend another 1-2 hours in game and the mission won't unlock I may just have to start over..

edit - I don't know what's going on with the font here, lol

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

edit - I don't know what's going on with the font here, lol

Fixed your font-- not sure exactly how you messed that up.... I removed the formatting tags to fix.

Since you are very early in the game-- I'd just restart--- it is a good idea to maintain multiple save slots so if you have a problem like this in the future you can reload vs restart.

Create a new slot about every 5 or 10% completion and maintain a minimum of 2 slots (alternate them) for you current play through.... another good idea is to turn off your autosave and utilize the quick save feature on your phone to save your progress-- you can save anywhere and anytime (outside a mission).

Good luck

castor_troy_123
  • castor_troy_123

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for the edit, I won't do a quote reply here in case it does the same thing on me, haha.

Yeah I'm thinking my game may be messed up. I'm going to put another hour or so in cruising to different areas to see if that inspires the game to give me the next mission. Otherwise I'll just start a new game and save like people have been recommending. What's the best way to start a new SP game as I don't want to mess up my online character? I imagine there's probably a "new game" option somewhere but I know I had to start SP before I could do online so I know they're tied to some extent anyway.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users