Photo

Can we expect anything from E3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic
Shampson360
  • Shampson360

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

PC announcement, DLC announced? Maybe a next gen version that im praying for!

What do you guys think?

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

Disappointment with a side of good games from developers who don't ignore and forget their promises to customers.
  • Capricornus, Raiden雷電, fac316 and 3 others like this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

Disappointment with a side of good games from developers who don't ignore and forget their promises to customers.

R* doesn't make promises it doesn't keep @ E3, it does that with GAMEInformer interviews lol, Read the GI interviews for SA, IV, and V and you'll see.

• adictoGTA, theGTAking101 and Awesom-0 like this

Uptown Rider
  • Uptown Rider

Uptown General

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Manhunt 3?

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:20 PM Edited by mr. libs, 28 May 2014 - 03:22 PM.

*Rockstar never goes to E3* either they're banned for life or never have any newer games to broadcast seeing as a new gta, red dead or max payne only comes out every 2-4 years.

manhunt set in an open world carcer city would be dreamy

• Xenology likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

Considering they never once advertised it during every single e3 since 2008, except for that one time sony tried to push themed headphones, I don't think we'll be seeing them.

Just like every other e3. It's going to be the same. No announcements from rockstar. Just like before the game was out.

Alex Wesker
  • Alex Wesker

No. 012 of Project W

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Nope, Rockstar never attend E3 conventions, and if they did this year, I'd have to go into rehab for smoking too much crack

• adictoGTA and ViceCityStalker like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

Take Two are attending E3, people are forgetting this. Who said Rockstar have to go there to announce it when their parent company can do it for them? So from my view, yes. The NG version in Sony's E3 will be announced, probably at the end of the event, following the PC/XB1 version later on in the day or in the week.

• ViceCityStalker and _MK_ like this

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

Take Two are attending E3, people are forgetting this. Who said Rockstar have to go there to announce it when their parent company can do it for them? So from my view, yes. The NG version in Sony's E3 will be announced, probably at the end of the event, following the PC/XB1 version later on in the day or in the week.

I would give you all my money if that happens!!

I want to believe  :r*:

• fac316 and FranklinDeRoosevelt like this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

Despite Take Two always attending, I don't think they've ever said anything on Rockstars behalf either, (im not too sure about that.)

But if that's true, I heavily doubt there Will any GTA talk at E3, I wish I'm wrong though.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

why go next gen now? Graphics already are stunning and better than some next gen games wont name names.
  • kipakolonyasi, ViceCityStalker and BLOOD-MOND like this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

^
It really puts it into perspective how hard they pushed this generation of consoles.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

To be honest, I expect a PC announcement for GTA 5 over a Next-Gen announcement. "Porting" the game to PC will be a lot easier than doing it for Next-Gen, Rockstar would basically have to construct the game from ground up if they release it for XB1/PS4, but not if they release it for PC.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:21 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 28 May 2014 - 06:22 PM.

why go next gen now? Graphics already are stunning and better than some next gen games wont name names.

Same thing can be said for TLOU, Tomb Raider and etc. GTA V will be better on next gen/PC in terms of performance, and visually too, plus remember Rockstar said they want GTA Online to evolve in the coming years, that isn't possible on the last gen consoles. Plus it'll give Rockstar a taste of the new consoles, an early, slight experiment of how they can get their games to run on the next gen consoles and probably make a new engine later on. There's quite a few benefits.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 28 May 2014 - 06:23 PM.

I think that we will get no solid info at E3. I have a feeling we will see some cool MS or Sony event and at the end of it they`ll say something like "Keep an eye on newswire" or something similar. Then we get like a month or two of silence again and somewhere in September we`ll get announcement for PS4 and XB1 with PC announcement following few days later from someones twitter, because they were too "cool" to officially announce PC. Then we`ll get the PC release around the same time next gen hits and the PC port will be horribly optimized just like Watch_Dogs. C`mon i7 3930k and SLI Titans can`t hold a solid 60 FPS on Ultra at 1080p. What... The....Fak...??? Of course patches will improve it over time, but at the end it will still be a bad port.

But that is my guess. For all we know we could get an announcement at E3 with an unexpectedly soon release in July or August.

• ViceCityStalker likes this

drunk mcreardy
  • drunk mcreardy

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

Am i the only one expecting a bully sequel???
  • fac316 and ViceCityStalker like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

*Rockstar never goes to E3* either they're banned for life or never have any newer games to broadcast seeing as a new gta, red dead or max payne only comes out every 2-4 years.

manhunt set in an open world carcer city would be dreamy

Lolol...anyways seeing that Manhunt is (in) part of the GTA Universe that would Great,and V's referencing of Carcer City just make that idea More than Great :happy:

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

Most I see happening is Sony or Microsoft announcing a new-gen version of it (I doubt this will happen because I don't see R* actually porting it to it, I'll believe it when I see it)

But AFTER E3 I can see R* actually finally talking about that single player DLC or whatever comes after heists.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Being mentioned in Sony/Microsofts announcement is possible, but in their own both or with Take 2, nothing but a possible behind closed doors demo.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

Take two had a booth at the last e3 meetings for every year after the first GTA V trailer. We still didn't get any announcements except for sony announcing some themed headphones they made.

How many times do I have to tell people? No, they're not going to show things. Just like the last 3 times.

Like end of the world prophecies, this sh*t never ends.

• kj2022 likes this

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:57 AM Edited by voyager, 29 May 2014 - 04:58 AM.

lol @ worrying over "breaking even" with the money we literally lied, cheated and killed to steal.

there are a couple of good things about some of the properties, but i'm let down by their scope and functionality too. 

in scope, that we can't buy other houses, or choose from competing fast-food chains, let Franklin open his own garage in LS every protag can use etc, - there is potential for a lot of DLC there. 

and functionality - yeah, not being able to enter them sucks - no lobby for the theaters at least? for all that $$? and some provide missions, but they are randomly triggered, and get repetitive quickly. i feel like they could have been more interesting, like being able to bring any car to the scrapyard for quick, uncapped $$, or being able to enter your own bar, and post your own snapmatic pics on the wall. wouldn't it have been fun if smoke on the water accidentally started fires from dropped roaches you had to put out? "go steal a firetruck."

-- and WOW where are my TRUCKING MISSIONS???

• ivarblaauw and ViceCityStalker like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Rockstar is allergic to E3 I think...

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:35 PM Edited by Xerukal, 29 May 2014 - 01:36 PM.

Hideo Kojima and Dan Houser come out on stage and announce V for PC and PS4 while both cosplaying as metal bikini Leia. Both versions will feature an exclusive Kiefer Sutherland Snake skin for Michael. 

The Xbone gets shafted because noone cares. 

This is my dream and I will hold onto it until it doesn't happen. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:43 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 29 May 2014 - 01:44 PM.

Take two had a booth at the last e3 meetings for every year after the first GTA V trailer. We still didn't get any announcements except for sony announcing some themed headphones they made.

How many times do I have to tell people? No, they're not going to show things. Just like the last 3 times.

That's because GTA V was announced in 2011, and they marketed Max Payne 3 down our throats until 2012. Did you forget that? Those E3 booths were not that important because V was still in development for f*cks sake, so why are you suddenly bring up the E3's just after the 1st trailer for GTA V? Did you NOT remember when Microsoft announced GTA IV in their conference? And remember when Sony announed the PS4 in the E3 last year? They also included a bundle for GTA V, while Microsoft were not linked to anything with GTA at all. So how do you know if its not going to happen for sure?

• Xenology likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:11 PM Edited by mr. libs, 29 May 2014 - 02:13 PM.

If it's to go there and announce single player DLC or anything related to improving the single player in GTA V to make up for not having any fun side missions or gang wars are back!, I will turn off my television and walk away satisfied.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

That's because GTA V was announced in 2011, and they marketed Max Payne 3 down our throats until 2012. Did you forget that? Those E3 booths were not that important because V was still in development for f*cks sake, so why are you suddenly bring up the E3's just after the 1st trailer for GTA V? Did you NOT remember when Microsoft announced GTA IV in their conference? And remember when Sony announed the PS4 in the E3 last year? They also included a bundle for GTA V, while Microsoft were not linked to anything with GTA at all. So how do you know if its not going to happen for sure?

How do I know for sure? Well, it's simple. We didn't get announcements at any of those previous e3 shows. Everyone got hyped. Everyone said "Well they HAVE to show something, it's e3!" the same thing people in this topic are doing right now. And, like clockwork, when those e3 shows did come around, we got no e3 announcements from rockstar or take two. There would be some for 2k games but that's it.

So I don't know for sure, but I've done this dance before. People pointed to microsoft announcing IV during all those other e3 conventions as well as obvious evidence that we could possibly get an announcement. And then we'd get complete and TOTAL silence, and people would be all like "Where the hell was the announcement I pulled a prediction completely out of my ass for?". And life would go on. E3 2011, e3 2012, e3 2013. All the same f*cking thing. People get excited, make predictions, and then they shout at rockstar when they announce nothing, even though they didn't make any promises to.

Why should I believe that THIS e3 is the one special enough to announce something at if they did so for none of the previous e3 shows?

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

Unless either MS or Sony have bought an exclusive next-gen version, the chances are very very slim of any substantial GTA announcement at E3.

A non-GTA Rockstar project though?  More possible.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Maybe Rockstar/Take-Two will announce something about Agent, IF they don't say anything new about GTA 5?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:15 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 29 May 2014 - 04:16 PM.

How do I know for sure? Well, it's simple. We didn't get announcements at any of those previous e3 shows. Everyone got hyped. Everyone said "Well they HAVE to show something, it's e3!" the same thing people in this topic are doing right now. And, like clockwork, when those e3 shows did come around, we got no e3 announcements from rockstar or take two. There would be some for 2k games but that's it.

So I don't know for sure, but I've done this dance before. People pointed to microsoft announcing IV during all those other e3 conventions as well as obvious evidence that we could possibly get an announcement. And then we'd get complete and TOTAL silence, and people would be all like "Where the hell was the announcement I pulled a prediction completely out of my ass for?". And life would go on. E3 2011, e3 2012, e3 2013. All the same f*cking thing. People get excited, make predictions, and then they shout at rockstar when they announce nothing, even though they didn't make any promises to.

Why should I believe that THIS e3 is the one special enough to announce something at if they did so for none of the previous e3 shows?

How could they announce it in the previous E3's if the PS4/XB1 only got announced in the 2013 E3? Where's your common sense? We're talking about a next gen announcement, and now is the right time because it'll boost console sales as well as this game adding more numbers to it's sales. And the fact it gets announced means a PC version will be announced to, and the XB1 version too.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:17 PM Edited by one55, 29 May 2014 - 06:18 PM.

Simply put:

No.

UNLESS, Rockstar are indeed working on a PS4/XB1 version and grant Sony/Microsoft exclusivity. 

Don't get your hopes up though. Rockstar don't go to E3 to talk about GTA. Why would they now anyway? GTA V has been out for ages! Why would they turn up to E3 just to announce a PS4/XB1 version? 

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users