Are you Happy in Life?

70 replies to this topic
WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

No, I am not. My depression cripples my will to go out and meet people or make friends. I'm also afraid of being out in public because of my social anxiety which makes me delusional, thinking everyone is silently judging and damning me. The worst part is that I feel like I'm using these disorders as handicaps, but deep down I don't think it's such a bad thing because they really do cripple my ability to interact with others. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for also; my parents, a home and access to food and fresh water. But it's hard for me to take that into consideration of my happiness when the availability of those things has been unchanged my whole life.
  • johnny_zoo likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:27 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 30 May 2014 - 03:28 AM.

No but yes. I'm stressed the f*ck out. I'm doing three very very very large projects at once, in a continuously on-and-off relationship with one of my best friends, I'm preparing for next year when I basically need to become financially independent within a very abrupt timeline, I have to maintain my connections, I have to do chores and other responsibilities around the house, I have to fill out stupid amounts of convoluted paperwork for some government sh*t, I have to constantly fight with my school to stop f*cking with my schedule, I have to get in shape before I get TOO fat, I have to keep my car from dying, etc. etc. So, right now at this point in time, I'm not happy. BUT, in the long-run, I will be very happy. Don't wanna sound like an egotistical asshole, but I'm the most successful person in my age group that I know, and while that may bring a lot of good things in the future, right now it's kicking my ass.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'm very, very happy in life.
The only thing that worries me is getting married, and the change in life, thereafter.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

No, I am not. My depression cripples my will to go out and meet people or make friends. I'm also afraid of being out in public because of my social anxiety which makes me delusional, thinking everyone is silently judging and damning me. The worst part is that I feel like I'm using these disorders as handicaps, but deep down I don't think it's such a bad thing because they really do cripple my ability to interact with others. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for also; my parents, a home and access to food and fresh water. But it's hard for me to take that into consideration of my happiness when the availability of those things has been unchanged my whole life.

Wow you've pretty much described how I feel most of the time. 

I'M OK. 

BTW OP how does being black make it worse? (curious)

I have a small social network by default. Not a lot of family around to rely on when things get tough and stressful. I think you'll find a large social network contributes a lot to the success and self worth of an individual. Not to mention finding a job is exponentially harder and just rejection wherever I go at least for me anyway. People make a lot of assumptions about your intellignece which gets annoying not all do but most people who are ignorant.

Put it this way Im happy with my skin color it doesn't bother me when Im at home but it bothers other people I meet in life which in turn affects me again. Lets just say I wouldnt want to live a life again in this situation. Once is enough. 

:sui:

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

No. Humanity will not be happy until the last bureaucrat is hung with the entrails of the last capitalist.

You're growing on me.
  • make total destroy likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Death to the Bourgeoisie - Long live Anarchy

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 02 June 2014 - 02:44 PM.

You're growing on me.

Just wait, you'll be as red as a barn in no time. ;)

• gtamann123, Frank Brown and Mr. House like this

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:40 AM

For the moment, sure. Life sucks a good 60% of the time, but 40% is when I manage to write on these forums and be myself. But OP, keep your head up, okay? Life will get better. Jesus loves you.

• johnny_zoo likes this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Damn, GTAF is on some sort of collective depression.

I'm as happy as a bee.

Seeing amputees, "glass" children, the sick agonize & people die everyday in a Hospital makes you realize that things can always be worse and that you should be grateful for every morning you wake up healthy and whole.

Lol, so are you a medical student too?

I completely agree that the sheer amounts of suffering in hospitals really makes you feel very lucky and happy in comparison.

But what really amazes me is just how removed the concept of happiness can be from the things we think obviously influence it - like having a long life and basic comfort from pain. I've seen patients who've been prognosed with only several weeks' life, yet were some of the happiest people I've seen. I've also seen patients in terrible pain, who still manage to be jolly when they aren't tensed up grimacing from the pain.

I believe happiness is not just solely related to personal circumstances, but is far more internal than most people think.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

Yeah I'm pretty happy, thanks for asking I hope you find happiness too op. hug.gif

• johnny_zoo likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:16 AM

I'd say that I am pretty happy. I try my best to let nothing in life bother me, because things always get better. I just thank god daily that I'm still here, because that's all that matters.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

Last time I was genuinely happy was in 2007 summer.

-I had landed great job, my workmates liked me and I them, my health was good, and the weather balmy.

Man I felt happy.

Of course, a year form that, I had lost both the job and my health. And been going downhill ever since...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users