Are you Happy in Life?

70 replies to this topic
johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

Me? He'll to the no. Haven't been truly happy for years. Ever since I've been born I feel left out and detached from everyone. Like im on a different wavelength. Being a lone dude in England and especially a black guy is lame. So no I'm not happy at all.

What about you? If not what in life are you hoping to achieve to provide this?
  • 018361 likes this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Whats with all the depressing threads as of lately anyways on topic im pretty satisfied with my life
  • Palikari, RedBull FM, krashr and 2 others like this

BOSS 302
  • BOSS 302

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

If you spend 3 months visiting a hospital with hundreds of sick children, you might change your mind about happiness in life and start to be more thankful for what you got.

I'm happy with my life, with my mind and my health. And I hope you get better, OP.

• Nah Tso Gud, S Y E D, Kristian. and 1 other like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Tricinus

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by Xyn, 28 May 2014 - 12:46 AM.

Damn, GTAF is on some sort of collective depression.

I'm as happy as a bee.

Seeing amputees, "glass" children, the sick agonize & people die everyday in a Hospital makes you realize that things can always be worse and that you should be grateful for every morning you wake up healthy and whole.

• D- Ice, SolidSnails, krashr and 2 others like this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

Damn, GTAF is on some sort of collective depression

thats what im saying

krashr
  • krashr

yak

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

you make a million decisions a day. if you're unhappy it's up to you to make changes

• nkaujrog likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:57 AM Edited by gtamann123, 28 May 2014 - 12:58 AM.

I feel lucky. I got a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food on my plate. And a little extra left over for fun. So I guess I am pretty happy because I know it could be way worse. I think one of the main issues people have is that they expect too much out of life. Being thankful for what you have is the true route happiness.

When I move this June I will probably be as happy as can be. Even more than I am now.
  • Failure, Killzone3265 and nkaujrog like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:58 AM

OP, if you are not happy then it is down to you to find passion and meaning in your life.

Playing the victim and complaining will not attract sympathy, but playing to win and seeking out ways to help yourself (and even, to help others) will attract admiration and respect and it is only when you earn the respect of others that you can feel truly happy.

• johnny_zoo, S Y E D and Killzone3265 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

You know how I'm feeling?

• orbitalraindrops likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

I am the truth, the liar turned around

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

Why the heck arent you happy? whats there to not be happy about? so what if you're a black dude and lonely. loneliness is good when you get used to it and can be your best friend. happiness is a state of mind anyways, you're only happy if you decide to be, same as depression. i'm mostly satisfied with my life, i just don't believe that me or anyone else for that matter can be truly happy. but its something good to keep aiming at. 

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:43 AM

Well, before people go on tangents telling others how to live their lives I think i'll give my answer which honestly is a huge "NO". If you have read any of my post here then you probably know why. I was always separated and an outcast from everyone and I just never really fit in. Life to me has always seemed as if it were set up and imagining it too much makes me sad because if you think about how people intervene in your life from a certain point in time you can imagine it's like a train switching on a complete track and you are forced to keep going to your destination. Imagining that any one person or group can have an influence over where I am led in my life affects me greatly...and I mean I start getting emotional. When you realize all your worth to someone is the amount of work you can get done through slavery..it really upsets you. To think that your one and only precious finite life ( at least here on earth ) could be at the will of somebody else....it makes your own life of absolutely zero value. I honestly feel this way about fate as well. Having the mental capacity to be able to makes decisions for yourself, but not being allowed to because your one life is bound to this train ride of fate really upsets me. Basically if you think about it enough and feel what your thinking you will realize it means your life is pointless because you would be another AI character in the game of life to be used for a player to slaughter and do whatever they want with you. Imagine pretty much if all the AI you kill in GTA and other games had feelings. How happy do you think they would be to be damned to a fate of doom and gloom for all of their lives which would be infinite because they respawn. It really makes you feel sh*tty. 

• S Y E D and IveGotNoValues like this

S Y E D
  • S Y E D

Dim Mak!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:54 AM

You might be sad and detached from everyone. But it is your choice and no one wants you to be like that. You will be grateful for what you have when you see this pictures:

q0ZJi1Q.jpg?1

c4rqaYq.jpg?1

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

I know I got it good. REAL good.

Yet, there's always a small amount of me slowly dying. Why? Precisely for the same reasons you guys are saying to be happy. I feel sadness that sh*t like that even happens and I wish I could do something about it, but so far cannot. It eats me up to the point I;m just laying in bed.......doing nothing.

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

I'm happy but my life is far from being perfect. It stills being better than the life of most people around me.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Founder/C.E.O. of the Kool Kidz Klub

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

Not really. I can already tell this is going to be a sh*tty summer. I'm out of college until fall, and there's going to be nothing to do. I'm not really a social person, and I'll probably just sleep most of my days away, which makes me feel sh*tty.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:47 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 28 May 2014 - 06:49 AM.

Not happy, but I'm usually good enough at finding something to keep myself busy with in the meantime. An old joke I have with myself goes like: "If Joe Chip becomes homeless and broke he'll run to the woods and break twigs to make himself happy until he starves." :lol:

By the way, telling people to be thankful for what they've got isn't gonna change 'em. First-world problems exist because we live in a completely different world. You can only feel relative to what you know, y'know?

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

I think a lot of people who aren't happy think too deeply about things, you need to let go off things like that...turn your brain off to that crap. Just live life, go with the flow, and eventually you'll fit in somewhere.  I mean, if you want to think about it, we all fit in here at GTAF! <3 Even if we do bite at each others throats from time to time. And personally, I find the whole argument of "It could be worse!" really dumb.
What irks me the most is,  "It could be worse, look at all the disabled and dying people at least I'm not in their shoes!" argument. I find it not only dumb but highly offensive. Buuuuuuuuuut if that's what makes other people think their life is good and happy............ 

• Kristian., Flūttershy and CatDog96 like this

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Not happy, but I'm usually good enough at finding something to keep myself busy with in the meantime. An old joke I have with myself goes like: "If Joe Chip becomes homeless and broke he'll run to the woods and break twigs to make himself happy until he starves." :lol:

Describes me perfectly but add to that "to avoid doing work" as well.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

Yes, I've very happy, thanks for asking! After years of being insecure, sexually frustrated, and worried about the future, I am now living in the city of my dreams (Prague) studying for my master's in something I know I want to do with a very pretty and sweet girlfriend. My upcoming graduation is making me anxious but I feel like so long as I put in the effort, things will turn out just fine.

• Palikari likes this

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

I'm pretty happy, just turned 18, got a new gardening apprenticeship, getting close to a girl I like, just booked tickets to go to Amsterdam and Sicily (all paid by my own minimum wage), got plenty of friends and the weather's heating up, yeah I'm in a pretty got position.

I also feel like I'm at the start of my future, now that I've got a career path I can focus on what is more important to me than anything else, travelling the world.

• D- Ice and johnny_zoo like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

Pretty happy since I'm having my first 2 years of college without loans, and when I'm not studying or doing work I can just chill and do whatever I want.  I really have no reason not to be happy.

• SolidSnails likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

I'm happy myself everytime.. NO, biggest lie I ever say. But that doesn't make me depressed. If I'm ever into a falling out, I just listen to songs that motivates me to strive down and become better. This track never failed me to wind down.

Heathstrife
  • Heathstrife

It's good to be back!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Damn, GTAF is on some sort of collective depression.

I agree with Mirai Nikki. The anime version of Overly attached girlfriend.  :lol:

On topic,

I am. Of course, there some sad moments, but all of those come to pass. Most of us here are lucky we're alive, well and enjoying life. Not starving like other people. Yet, some of them remain contented with their current state and have accepted what their sh*t's gonna be. 

Haha, for me, when you say you aren't happy with life, that's just now, you're just depressed of something. Think positive nigga. :D

• Xyn likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

No. My life has fallen into routine, boring and repetitive. I don't feel fascination for anything as I used to. I've been depressed which has made me fail this grade and fall in an academic limbo.

I'd just want to leave it all and go far away but I guess I'm already too attached to my lifestyle.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Why the heck arent you happy? whats there to not be happy about? so what if you're a black dude and lonely. loneliness is good when you get used to it and can be your best friend. happiness is a state of mind anyways, you're only happy if you decide to be, same as depression. i'm mostly satisfied with my life, i just don't believe that me or anyone else for that matter can be truly happy. but its something good to keep aiming at. 

I hate loneliness how can it be a good thing?

My problem is every time there's an opportunity to connect with someone I push away because I feel I don't deserve happiness. A terrible frame of mind I know but it's hard to shake since I've done it so long.
The reason being black is a factor is social network. I have no extended family like cousins, grandparents, nieces, nephews. They live elsewhere and I've never met em. The less people you know by default the harder more stressful life is.

CharlesVercetti
  • CharlesVercetti

Even Name and Signature changes.

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

My life is like the water cycle....combined with mixed feelings.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Ihr müsst mich in den Stahl hinablassen.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

I am happy right now, because I am able to commend myself for my (hopefully) future employer. I do what I like, learn something new everyday, have nice colleagues and get recognition for my work. So the future looks bright as of now.

PsychoGamer3
  • PsychoGamer3

The End Times Prophet

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

I spend my days eerily pessimistic.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

Oh hey, people are actually considering that maybe their lives aren't the best due to the structure of society, reasons beyond their control,mental wellbeing etc etc. I know, I'll bring out pictures of kids with cancer and prove nothing at all!

• Tyler, EphemeralStar and Coin like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users