Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Power of Eco-Friendliness. The Voltic.

65 replies to this topic
frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

It has one speed...one gear...GO!

Did you happen to be bi-winning the race?

• SeberHusky likes this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Metalhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

Umm no because... http://gtaforums.com...jumping-voltic/

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

I have a voltic. Fun little car. I think its hilarious when you damage the side skirts and it does flips and bunny hops. Had one in the billionaire days and now have one again with more garage space

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

won't ever get rid of mine. still has turbo upgrade.

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

I would like this car more if it didn't trip over itself and/or going flying across the road after hitting a pothole.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

sucka fo love

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

I want to buy another now that I have the garage space, but because of the car values glitch I can't get one with a painted top. Gonna have to wait until 1.14 hopefully.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

i never had the flipping issue with 100% armour and driving properly

Kowchi
  • Kowchi

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

I have a Voltic, I've had a Voltic forever, and it will remain there for eternity just like my Tailgater. Those are the two cars I'd never trade. I have it in ice white matte and it looks SICK. Wish I had a picture to show, it's my usual Freeroam car. I never see it ever in Freeroam and i can't help but worry people are missing out on how great this car is. Okay, it's not a racing car, but it's slick, fast and best of all silent.

0_0.jpg

I know that feel bro. First car I bought and I have never looked back :)

• AwesomeJokeGTA likes this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Pippin' like a reticle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:23 AM

I smoke Adders with it on 4 Way Madness. It's really funny how the Voltic is so light that it almost spins and flips through the air with no input. Would I buy one? Nah, I'm not a fan of the look and I have vehicles in my garages that I'd use way more often. Respect to it though, it's a neat little car.

Bill_Assassin
  • Bill_Assassin

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

Great car, have one in blue and it looks beautiful. The silent engine and creamy handling is its biggest plus points.

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

wanna make space for the voltic, somehow replaced michaels tailgater with it a while back as he now spawns in it no matter what I have been doing in SP or online and grown to love driving it 

looks great too

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:31 AM Edited by MAR10HD, 28 May 2014 - 06:31 AM.

p.s. I did a search for voltic and practically nothing came up...

You can search for whatever you want and practically nothing comes up, the search feature is absolutely useless.

OT- the voltic will never have a place in my garage. Maybe if it was a lotus and not a battery car.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

p.s. I did a search for voltic and practically nothing came up...

You can search for whatever you want and practically nothing comes up, the search feature is absolutely useless.

It's better to just use Google.  Just search "GTA Forums ______"

Found the Voltic Appreciation thread by searching via Google.

http://gtaforums.com...ciation-thread/

Also the lack of sound on the Voltic makes it a nifty off-the-radar car :D

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

~

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

Getting one for the silence factor once the painted roof is available again, looks pretty badass IMO and very maneuverable

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

"Eco friendliness"? I love it when I hear that. People that don't have a clue think electric cars are less harmful to the environment....would be funny if it wasn't so true. 

moostered
  • moostered

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

I have a few problems with it.Firstly, that horrible drone it makes is unbearable.Also it is too light.I thought the coquette was light but this thing rolls if it comes in contact with a stiff breeze.Lastly it's a poor representation of a lotus.Still it has good handling and isn't a bad choice for with lot's of corners.

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

Never really tried it so I guess I will now.

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

If it was like the Dilettante, where the petrol engine and noise kicks in at higher speeds - I'd have one.

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

It might be my favourite car for missions and free roaming, never get this 'jumping' issue, It has insane OP handling like the XF so I would despair of anyone that struggles to drive it. I do think it looks like a toy though and my customisation choices might reflect that. I need to get the topless version.

0_0_zps22968462.jpg

A crew member expressing their appreciation after cargo bobbing out of the impound for me  :pp

0_0_zps70a0f6f6.jpg

• Kowchi likes this

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

Not a fan of electric cars,the voltic sounds like 1/10 rc brushless car,no thanks

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

They should give us some (fully) electric cars, like the Tesla S or Tesla X...

Those cars will change the world...

that said: It won't be long until electric cars will be the fastest... Hopefully GTA will bring some of them in the game :)

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

Doesn't voltic accelerate slower than ex. Custom Cheetah cuz Voltic has less acceleration upgrades?
Or is the Voltic uber enough to still be faster to gain speed?

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Still own my topless Voltic. The only thing I hate is the durability, same goes to 9F Cabrio

JohnnyCallisto
  • JohnnyCallisto

Custom Racers Crew

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

IRL I live near Lotus HQ ...in tribute I have a Voltic!

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by bloatedsack, 28 May 2014 - 03:06 PM.

They should give us some (fully) electric cars, like the Tesla S or Tesla X...

Those cars will change the world...

that said: It won't be long until electric cars will be the fastest... Hopefully GTA will bring some of them in the game :)

Fully electric cars... you mean like the Voltic?

As to electric cars IRL...

Lemme tell you a story. Before I had kids and lost all disposable income and time, I was a tyro photographer. I started long before the advent of digital cameras, and was very serious about it having an extensive 135 kit, as well as branching out into MF (6x6, 645) and LF (4x5, 8x10) formats.

I watched as DSLRs started to really accellerate under Moore's Law, and got better and better... I knew the writing was on the wall when one of our listserv's dedicated wedding guys ditched his complete 645 kit (which was multiple Pentax 645nII bodies and a full suite of lenses, which I'm sure was >10K investment) in favour of a single Canon DSLR.

I knew at that moment that film was truly dead, and was only having its flailing last moments on the floor while all its friends stood around and watched it choke on its own vomit.

Within a year, my own Pentax 645 kit's value plummeted to near zero, my 135 cameras were so much junk and I retreated full time in to sheet film view cameras as the last refuge of a celluloid based photographer.

More and more high end cars, the real technology pushers that testbed new fronts in automotive engineering, as becoming hybrid or even full electric.

Kids won't even recognize dinosaurs with gas engines as being anything other than a curioisty in the next 10 years. Its dead end technology, and there's little reason, other than the impassioned cries of the faithful, to continue to develop it.

Just like my fingers once stunk of fixer, but now I simply have severe carpal tunnel; the gearheads a decade from now won't have grease crusted fingernails insomuch as a sore fingertip from tapping on the wireless CANbus link on their smartphone to change their output levels.

Deal with it.

Dr Salamander
  • Dr Salamander

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

I love my Volty, hence the -y suffix.

One of the first supers I bought, pre-Billionaire Dayz.

ls_stories
  • ls_stories

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

best car to troll tanks in freeroam with, honk the clown or buisness horns around the corner from them and when you see them coming at a snails pace speed quickly to the next corner every time and repeat....gets them very very mad

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Does anyone else experience the curb catching problem the Voltic seems to have? After a little bit of damage I notice if you are turning across a curb it will catch and flip you violently. It happens worse and worse the more damage it takes.

You can flip that thing on command if it's close to death.

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:48 PM Edited by NorthwindJME, 28 May 2014 - 03:50 PM.

Really want one, just because I love the Exige in real life (and the Tesla, to a slightly lesser degree).

However, I've got to hold off on getting one for Garage 2, because as of Patch 1.13, it's currently impossible to buy one with a painted roof. Carbon or open-top, no problem, but matching? No dice.   :(

Hopefully it's a quick 'hot-fix' issue - either that, or it'll be out with 1.14, and not too long from now, either...

Really! Good to know. I can stop wasting my money trying to get the painted version back. The one from my sig is long gone before the patch, just to make room for some other car (I was getting impatient).

@ R*

Add a roof option in LS Customs painted or carbon. This would be the same for the other cars with options like this, the pot luck thing is annoying.

EDIT:

Does anyone else experience the curb catching problem the Voltic seems to have? After a little bit of damage I notice if you are turning across a curb it will catch and flip you violently. It happens worse and worse the more damage it takes.

You can flip that thing on command if it's close to death.

HAve you lowered your car? If you have try setting back to stock, I have little problem with it.

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

If you buy one after 1.13 will it come with the carbon roof?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users