Questions and Answers

8,785 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

What's the point in JPs in free roam? I know in playlists it determiners who the winner is, but why do they carry forward to a free roam lobby with different players in it?

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

What's the point in JPs in free roam? I know in playlists it determiners who the winner is, but why do they carry forward to a free roam lobby with different players in it?

It's rumoured that you'll need to have a certain amount of JP in order to start heists, apparently to stop people from grinding them.

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

Anyone experiencing odd behavior with GTA Online today?

Something strange is happening with the sound, it goes "crinkly" and cuts out randomly. My helicopter, although in mint condition, would make the sound it usually makes when it's about to die.

Also, the loading times for jobs takes forever. A couple of times I had to sign out because it would not progress.

There is incredible lag in free mode and deathmatch. I barely lifted my rifle and still managed to kill this guy. The bullets sounded muted or hollow and choppy.

A guy flew by me in a Titan, crashed, and he flew by me again and crashed again. He didn't go get another Titan, this happened within a matter of seconds.

This morning I couldn't access my phone, I tried going into the pause menu and coming back out. I went to a mission and came back, but the phone would not come up. I had to restart my PS3 to get my phone back. Also it wouldn't let me access the ATM or my closet; anything for which we usually have to press left on the D-pad in order to access.

If it continues, I'll probably just re-install it, but I'm hoping maybe it is server overload or something.

FightingMegaFoo
  • FightingMegaFoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

When hosting, how do you get 3 minutes of invite time? Everybody else gets three minutes, but I can only extend my time to 1 1/2 minutes maximum.

wtf is a madrazo
  • wtf is a madrazo

mmmmmmm banana....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

do cars have CB radios in online like they do in Singleplayer I remember my rat loader having one but it doesn't seem to now??

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

When hosting, how do you get 3 minutes of invite time? Everybody else gets three minutes, but I can only extend my time to 1 1/2 minutes maximum.

I think if you change the option on the bottom left of the lobby screen (auto match or something) to on then off or visa versa, it resets the timer.

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

♡Saving the galaxy and looking out for you 24/7♡

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

When my mic isn't plugged in I can't hear anyone. How do I change that?

slohbur
  • slohbur

- - -✄- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Unknown
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:27 PM Edited by slohbur, 23 August 2014 - 03:29 PM.

If you're on Xbox Go to Settings > Preferences > Voice - And select Play Trough Speakers or select Throug Both.

I think on PS3 you have to select the output in the device settings section, under settings on the xmb.

• tali vas Normandy likes this

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

♡Saving the galaxy and looking out for you 24/7♡

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by tali vas Normandy, 23 August 2014 - 03:49 PM.

If you're on Xbox Go to Settings > Preferences > Voice - And select Play Trough Speakers or select Throug Both.
I think on PS3 you have to select the output in the device settings section, under settings on the xmb.
I though it would be something with the settings in the options but I'll see if that works.

Edit: you may be right. I had mine on headset. Was just weird as I heard people in the lobbies but never in the game.

BaseTown
  • BaseTown

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Is there any real difference between the Sanchez and Sanchez 2 in terms of performance?

Stealth-Death
  • Stealth-Death

Second-in-Command for The New World Order

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

If I do rebuild database on PS3, will it remove any important game data? Because my PS3 is no longer able to receive nor send messages..

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:55 PM Edited by Apex Predator, 23 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Is there any real difference between the Sanchez and Sanchez 2 in terms of performance?

Nope, the only difference is the livery.

I_Rock_Totally
  • I_Rock_Totally

Let's cruise!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hey guys, is there a possibility to get a crewlogo I made in Photoshop to the social club?

All I get is, that it is against the rules to use logos which aren't make with the own creator.

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Why are women made from sand?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Hey guys, is there a possibility to get a crewlogo I made in Photoshop to the social club?

All I get is, that it is against the rules to use logos which aren't make with the own creator.

There is not a method to do so. It was possible in the past, up until, R* changed the rules and now all emblems have to be made with their creator or else it's against their terms.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a golf buggy online? There's a couple of youtube clips showing the location, but I've been there twice now and it's just not there. I can only assume Rockstar have stopped it spawning there since the clips were posted, but I can't imagine why.

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

how do you switch teams in the lobby screen of a dm or capture? 

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

how do you switch teams in the lobby screen of a dm or capture? 

Scroll up to your team name, push left or right to view the team you want, scroll down and select 'join team'. But I don't think it is always an option, perhaps depends on whether or not the host selected to auto balance the teams?

I_Rock_Totally
  • I_Rock_Totally

Let's cruise!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

Does anybody know the colorcode for such a matt brown?

Rat-Rod-14-June-09-Rt-Frt.jpg

FightingMegaFoo
  • FightingMegaFoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

I think if you change the option on the bottom left of the lobby screen (auto match or something) to on then off or visa versa, it resets the timer.
Ok, the timer resets if I alternate matchmaking between open and closed, but it always starts at 1 minute. I can only extend once by pressing Y and goes to 1 minute 30 seconds. How do I get the timer to start at 3 minutes instead of 1 minute?

x_PokerFace_x
  • x_PokerFace_x

Cyinical

• Members
  • Peru

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by x_PokerFace_x, 23 August 2014 - 10:15 PM.

Is there a way I can filter non-Rockstar missions or jobs so I wont get to play them on On Call?

enormous
  • enormous

not actually enormous

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

Does anyone know where I can find a golf buggy online? There's a couple of youtube clips showing the location, but I've been there twice now and it's just not there. I can only assume Rockstar have stopped it spawning there since the clips were posted, but I can't imagine why.

I see them quite often around the convenience store in Sandy Shores.

• OurJud likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:47 AM

yup, same here, make sure you use an invite only session when looking for specific vehicles though, certain ones never spawn or rarely spawn in public sessions but none are rare in invite only.

• OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

yup, same here, make sure you use an invite only session when looking for specific vehicles though, certain ones never spawn or rarely spawn in public sessions but none are rare in invite only.

Thanks to you both. I'm not sure where the convienience store in Sandy Shores is... not even sure where Sandy Shores is, if I'm honest, but I'm sure I can find it.

Stealth-Death
  • Stealth-Death

Second-in-Command for The New World Order

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Is there a way to kick members from your crew via GTA:O?

Zhake
  • Zhake

I own LSPD tint in the regular Pistol and looks gr8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Well, seems like some kid don't know about the tank nerfing and was blaming his poor aim saying I was a modder. Yeah, three rockets in the back and was crying about that. Five minutes later a message saying my account was being checked for cheating popped out. Should I worry about that? Because a friend did a CP time after a crew reporting him?

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

Best driver at UPS

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

Is it still possible to get a spoilerless Phoenix into Multiplayer?

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

do you get extra points for finishing before the other players during a parachute job?

slohbur
  • slohbur

- - -✄- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Unknown
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

They should spawn online, keep looking ; )

do you get extra points for finishing before the other players during a parachute job?

No, in Parachuting, it's not about who parachutes the fastest. It's about who has the most points in the end.

• StormerBoy likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

It's rumoured that you'll need to have a certain amount of JP in order to start heists, apparently to stop people from grinding them.

At this point, I think Job Points are what keep us out of Bad Sport. They're like "Good Sport" points in a way. Lol

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

They should spawn online, keep looking ; )

No, in Parachuting, it's not about who parachutes the fastest. It's about who has the most points in the end.

thanks..musta been lag..

Are missing check marks from my job list just missing due to a game glitch or is there a reason some do not have a checkmark ?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users