Thoughts On Suicide?

125 replies to this topic
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

Discuss, there are multiple sides I'm just interested in what you all think.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Herr Lauch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

It's against nature, but it doesn't make any difference if you commit suicide, get killed or die a natural death, because I believe there is no afterlife.
  • JRock462 likes this

Bombshock
  • Bombshock

Bassraptor

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by Bombshock, 26 May 2014 - 10:28 PM.

If you're a nazi.. then you do what you gotta do

follow-your-leader.jpg?w=918
  • Palikari, Country Sapper, Killzone3265 and 1 other like this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

It's against nature, but it doesn't make any difference if you commit suicide, get killed or die a natural death, because I believe there is no afterlife.

I'm just curious but what does against nature mean in this situation?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

I assume he meant against nature as in one of the most inherent traits in every living thing is a desire to live and survival instinct. 

To take your own life is against that. 

• EphemeralStar and IVIechanomics like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

I personally believe that people should be able to commit suicide if they want. I believe it's selfish of everyone else to force someone who hates living to continue to live in pain or sorrow. But with that said people should always be encouraged to seek help if they are down in the dumps. But ultimately the choice should be up to them.  

And I believe in assisted suicide for people with terminal illnesses or permanent disabilities like paralysis that will make their life hell for the rest of their days.  

• EyeMacHunt, PaletoChickenCapo, Deathmaker158 and 5 others like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

If you have no obligations to family members, or people you are obligated to assist (i.e. a parent caring for a child, a neighbor agreeing to care for their sickly neighbor, etc.) then I believe suicide is fine. If it's any of the cases stated before, I believe it is selfish. 

Either way I believe assisted suicide should be legal. The above would be a moral argument, rather than legal. 

• gtamann123 and K20 like this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

While it's not strange to think about it from time to time, it's something that I am extremely against since it ends up leaving those around you affected, possibly(mostly always) forever.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Since I believe in god it's morally objectionable from a bible standpoint. And god doesn't even allow murder of ones self let alone another human. Although I'd hate to force someone to live in suffering. Suicide is still murder at the end of the day.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Herr Lauch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

Do you think mother nature or god/s (if you're religious) create/s life to have it killing itself?

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:37 PM

Do you think mother nature or god/s (if you're religious) create/s life to have it killing itself?

Ehhh, rather not get into that discussion to be frank. But I see what you mean. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

It is a stupid thing to do but when somebody is really depressed, I don't think they realize how stupid it is. I'm not the kind of immature prick who likes to call those who commit suicide 'cowards' though.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Since suicide often comes from depression, in that sense everything should be done to stop a person committing suicide*. The idea of suicide stems from a mentally unwell state of mind in which the person has no logical thought process that they would have if they didn't have a mental illness - as an example, survivors of people trying to commit suicide from jumping off a bridge often say how they realise how all their problems are so easily solvable when they push off, with their depression clouding their judgement. Cure the depression and suicide most likely ain't a problem. It's also bad for relatives and friends of the person, since losing a loved one isn't taken lightly.

So, to me, it isn't a case of 'let them do what they want'.

*unless  they're not mentally unwell, e.g. in lots of pain.

if what I'm saying seems wrong in anyway pls say

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

I have a side thought that has been nagging at me since the earlier V trailers.  GTA V created a whole bunch of new fans of the band Queen.

Why do none of the new Queen fans ever make reference to the song Don't Try Suicide?

And my thoughts on the topic;

If you are young and healthy and just 'having a bad time' then no way should suicide be an option.  However, if you are an old sick person just withering away to die then I believe in assisted suicide.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:36 AM Edited by 018361, 27 May 2014 - 12:44 AM.

I had once had thoughts of it until I had decided that if I was going to be forced into living life I was going to give it a fighting chance. I have since decided that since I feel as if I kill myself the " enemy " wins. The enemy being either Evil spiritual beings or just plain evil and nasty humans. I have vowed to myself and If I remember correctly god, that by whatever means no matter how much I am hurt, no matter how much is taken away, I will survive my life until the day I die as I have been born for a reason and that it is gods will for me to live. All I have to say to a suicidal person is that although time goes on you will live to cope with whatever issues you are having and that when the world tells you that you are not good enough for it, what it actually means is that you have a better reasoning in this world and that because the world has hurt you, it proves that you are of equal, if not greater, worth that the next guy because the evil that has manifest itself into this world seeks to destroy and take over the good things. By this evil attacking you it proves that you are an enemy to evil and it's darkness because you alone have a great ability to light up this this world. Whether you believe in god or not you must surely know that at the very least there is evil in this world which only wish is that you may not give your light to it's darkness. And you, my friend, are capable of proving your worth and standing tall by not allowing it to affect you. Knowing that you having not given in to it's desires to destroy you have won. As a soldier fights and becomes a greater warrior his skills to survive increase exponentially. As you fight for your ( in my opinion ) god given right to live in this world you will become stronger that the evils that try to preside over you. You are my brother and you offer more to this world than it's darkness could ever take from you. I beg of you as you brother in a fight for our right to live, please don't let the enemy win. The fight of life is a fight to the death and you should never allow your enemy to take hold. So, please, I ask you not only as some guy on the internet, but as a human being and a fellow brother in the fight against this evil world. Do not let the enemy win. Here are a few words from one of our unfortunately fallen comrades. 

So, please, Stay alive because you matter. I don't care what your brain tells you, your heart and soul know that you matter and being a person who can shed even the smallest amount of light on the darkness in this world, it's worth it to continue on. 

• Shmoopy likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:31 AM Edited by Palikari, 27 May 2014 - 04:50 AM.

It's the worst thing you can ever do. G-d gave us the life, a precious gift, you can't throw it away!

• 018361 likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:43 AM Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx, 27 May 2014 - 01:45 AM.

I once always thought that those who commit suicide are weak.

But when you think about it, it takes f*cking balls to end it all. You have to be entirely broken at your core to end your own life.

I also blame social media on the rise of suicides, people can now get bullied and such no matter where they go.

• Mince, johnny_zoo, Palikari and 2 others like this

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

I'm not pro-suicide or anything but I've always found suicide itself interesting. It's the most gutsy game of chance you can possibly take, and taking it into man's only inexplorable final frontier takes balls. 

What comes after death is a complete mystery to us. No one knows for sure what happens after you die and we can never know until we die ourselves. To just face that head on would take a lot. Not that it's respectable or anything as we're all going to have to face that one day anyhow.. but still. 

• Mince and na89340qv0n34b09q340 like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

クロテンライジン

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:56 AM

Suicide is for the weak. No sympathy for anyone who takes the coward's way out.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:01 AM

While suicide's a bummer, I think you have a right to it. If you have a right to live where you want to live, eat what you want to eat, and wear what you want to wear, surely you have the right to kill yourself should the need arise.

But as I said before, suicide's a bummer. I know one of my classmates offed himself after being diagnosed with a tumor and my dad did suicide by cop, and I even tried it a few times. When you boil it down, there's a lot of things that can go wrong with killing yourself, as George Carlin demonstrates.

• matajuegos01 likes this

KD himan
  • KD himan

The Electro AfghaN™

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

No i cant Suicide myself because i have no Grand children Yet!

• TheCacti likes this

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

all for suicide [assisted] for those who have a medical condition and can not live a normal life/ suffering or/and in pain.

not for those stupid people who hang/jump off high points for stupid reason eg lost job, lost girlfriend/boyfriend/ bankrupt. there's always a way back on track. even for those who have lost a loved one. why commit suicide? what good will it do? new love will always be found. money will always be made, jobs will always be there.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

Suicide is for the weak. No sympathy for anyone who takes the coward's way out.

Why do people say this?

• Hecate likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

This is always a difficult one.

Is it selfish to kill yourself and affect the lives of your loved ones? Sure.

But on the flip side, is it selfish for your loved ones to object if suicide is what the person truly, truly wanted? The plot thickens...

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

It's usually people who suffer from mental illness such as PTSD or depression who end up committing suicide. It's not always a case of somebody being selfish or a coward, you don't know what could be going on in some people's lives for them to want to kill themselves.

Euthanasia on the other hand is something which I believe should be legal assuming the people involved are on board with it and that the person whose life will be ended has reasonable cause to do so.

hungrywhiteboy
  • hungrywhiteboy

wait what

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Probably a controversial opinion but I think that life just isn't for everybody. Even if they have mental illness, that illness is still part of the person, therefore if they feel as though they don't belong, yes, it could be the mental illness speaking, but people forget that, that mental illness is a part of the person. If I was ever put in a situation where somebody told me they were going to commit suicide I wouldn't force them not to do it, sure, I'd try and convince them out of it, but if they were 100% sure and they had properly thought it over, I wouldn't guilt trip them or force them into not doing it, because forcing somebody to be sad for their entire life just so I wouldn't have to lose them is a lot more selfish than somebody committing suicide. 

Most people who get treated with depression don't get cured, they get happy pills. Lots of happy pills. I've known people before who have depression and are on medication, it's kind of weird to know those kinds of people because I (and in some cases, even that person) found myself thinking "Do they actually think that or is that just the pills making them say that?" At times it was as though I wasn't really talking to the person I had known for years, which was good because they were happy, but it was sad at the same time because I knew that they were relying on a prescription to be happy and that if they hadn't taken their medication then they would be a completely different person.

People who say that suicide is a coward's way out have no idea what they're talking about. What if the person just doesn't like life in general? What other way out is there? Like, please explain to me what the brave way out of hating your own life is? Buying a plane ticket and moving to a new country won't help, changing your friends won't, changing your hairstyle or finding love doesn't work, so what other way is there? Sometimes suicide is the only way out. Never force somebody not to do what they want with their own life just because it hurts your emotions. (Unless it's "Hey I wanna be a terrorist" or something, then by all means stop them) 

Yes, life is the most special thing to be given, but nobody asks for it and not everybody is going to like it.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by TheCacti, 27 May 2014 - 03:59 PM.

If you are young and healthy and just 'having a bad time' then no way should suicide be an option.  

I feel the opposite. It should be an option for any "adult," so long as their death does not directly affect the lives of others (e.g. having children, caring for a parent.) The significant others or family/friends who claim you shouldn't do it "because of me" are the selfish ones. Total freedom ought to allow one to live and die as they please. 

• Hecate likes this

Eminem!
  • Eminem!

Mr Massacre

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

dont comit suicide or ill kill u

• Mafia Drive Gunner likes this

PsychoGamer3
  • PsychoGamer3

The End Times Prophet

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

I've tried three times to end my life, so anyone who says suicide is a coward's way out doesn't realize how broken to the core you must be to try to end your life completely. It's not funny and calling someone a coward makes you a real asshole in society.

whats_a_username?
  • whats_a_username?

Cat in the house!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

Yes!!

For example, look at the Salmon's lifecycle
  • MrSemiFunny likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users