THREAD IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
The last two threads got locked. The first one because of my pathetic North Yankton DLC hoax and the last one because of arguments and general derailing of the matter. If this thread flumps over again and gets way too out of hand then we'll have no more Hunting for North Yankton threads.
This topic may contain spoilers!
North Yankton is a snowy state in the Midwest of America, South of Canadian border. North Yankton is based on North Dakota and has a town called Ludendorff. This town is visited during Prologue and Bury The Hatchet missions in Grand Theft Auto V. It is unavailable to access it in Single Player but it can be accessed in Grand Theft Auto online due to a glitch. Not much of the map is solid, but it contains very interesting landmarks like The Ludendorff Sign or Mid West's Biggest Beaver. For a town used in 2 missions, it is really datailed.
- North Yankton is based on North Dakota near the Canadian Border. North Yankton is not in Canada itself. (common mistake/confusion)
- It is not possible to take Snapmatic pictures in Singleplayer, however it is possible in GTA Online with a glitch.
- There are three different snowy emitter text files.
- The "North" on the North Yankton minimap is pointed in the opposite direction than the menu map is placed, meaning the legit map would be placed like this - http://img36.imagesh...6/1544/l5su.png
- North Yankton has it's own Snapmatic tag
- North Yankton has ten vehicles made specifically for the map - See "Vehicles" Section for more information
- License plate pattern is possibly XX000000 (All vehicles spawn with SA pattern; 00XXX000). The only car to feature this pattern is the Asea in "Bury the Hatchet". It could be a customized plate for the car rental although most license plates in US are different and real life counterparts (California and North Dakota) both have different patterns.
- Sadlers can spawn with trailers, all of which are non-snowy.
- Trains spawn but they have been scripted specifically for the missions
- Silo ladders cannot be climbed (however, train signal ladders can be)
- Fences, lamps & Traffic Signs cannot be destroyed. However there is only one destructible Stop Sign at the Cemetery
- All the distant trees have no collision.
- Train tracks and side roads "dissolve" in the snow.
- At the end of the city, there is a fake image of a real city, along with a car path made for cars to do a U-turn at the end. Behind the fake image, there is a small stretch of road which leads to non-solild path to the mountains.
- Ludendorff has a population of 918.
- Ludendorff has it's own Lifeinvader page in GTA 5, which is accessible VIA Trevor's lifeinvader page only.
- North Yankton spawns and despawns for it's missions. It is evidenced by Waypoint Glitch that shows location and miles.
- GTA Online's Advance Mission Search has North Yankton tags. It also has tags for unobtainable vehicles.
- Sabre Turbo was sold/advertised in North Yankton.
- Ludendorff has the following businesses: Ludendorff Hardware, Caipira Airlines, Pollock Cinema, Pharmacy, Kitchen Supplies, Banner Hotel, Burgers, Hotels, Ludendorff Locksmiths and a Pawn Store.
- Through a Schedule Planner in Bobcat Security offices, it is revealed that Prologue takes place in 2003, not 2004. Considering that Prologue takes place in November/December 2003 and GTA V takes place in September/October 2013, it is 9 years (almost 10) between both time spans. Michael and Trevor occasionaly mention "almost 10 years" during one of their arguments. However, the same planner can be found in Lester's garment factory, in La Mesa.
- Ludendorff currently has 1 named resident: Bill Petty.
- Textures, models and sounds for a Husky were found in the game files. Since Huskies naturally appear in cold places (Alaska, Canada, Siberia), it means that it could be spawning in North Yankton since San Andreas is not a suitable place.
- AI driven cars only spawn during missions.
- theNGclan (myself) has cancelled the Ludendorff modifcation. The source code to the new engine and the injection tools will be available soon.
- ZZCOOL released his North Yankton map rigged by MajesticNL and fixed by NTAuthority.
- The North Yankton in online glitch has been patched. Players are trying to find another way to explore the map in GTA V.
- A mod to access North Yankton in GTA V for PS3 has been shown off here.
Sandy Munsen - Ludendorff Weekly
A grave was desecrated and several Chinese gangsters were left dead in a violent and bizarre incident in Ludendorff yesterday that has left police confused. In the worst violent crime to take place in the state since the famous depot robbery of nine years ago, a gangland shootout erupted at a cemetery, involving Chinese triads and an uncertain number of Caucasian gun men. The Chinese, who the FIB believe have links to the Wei Cheng Triad, a prominent criminal gang in China and Hong Kong, were not previously believed to have much presence in North Yankton although maybe they have come, enticed like everyone else, by our booming oil industry and glorious weather. No one is yet sure what caused the shootout but it seems as if someone dug up the grave of Michael Townley. Bizarrely Mr Townley was himself responsible for the robbery of nine years ago. The links between the two incidents are very unclear at present.
- Respect the GTAF staff if they decide to lock the thread.
- Do not harass other members for any reason.
- If someone causes an issue, take it to PMs or report them. We can't have another lock.
- Remember that North Yankton does rely on a lot of speculation. Nobody knows the full back story so expect a lot of fanfiction.
- If someone posts who has been listed in the "posting ban" part of the OP, report them. We don't want any problems.
56k warning. Opening this spoiler will uncover very large images.
Ludendorff Weekly is a newspaper made for fun. It is featured in GTA V,
but never seen in game or internet. Holy sh*t it appears after Bury The Hatchet! It is only referenced in Ludendorff's Lifeinvader page and a "Ludendorff Weekly" image in game files.
|Issue 6||Page 2 | Page 3||Raccoon and WildBrick142|
|Issue 9||Page 2 | Page 3||mnmn1234 and WildBrick142|
|Issue 11 (Coming Soon)||-||???????|
|Special Issue 1||Page 2||WildBrick142 and Raccoon|
|Unofficial Issue 1||-||theNGclan|
What happens when a legendary criminal runs into a dangerous foreign immigrant and a twenty-something gang leader? Read the events of Grand Theft Auto Ludendorff and experience the tragic tales of Michael De Santa, Niko Bellic, and Rick Chance. Three people, three goals, no winners.
---LIST IN PROGRESS---
The only North Yankton mod currently released belongs to ZZCOOL, MajesticNL and NTAuthority and is downloadable here. It's the base North Yankton map from GTA V. Watch the video below on how to install the mod.
None currently. Let's keep it that way.
All are listed in alphabetical order
_CP_ - For help with textures of North Yankton
GTAKid667 - Very active hunter, shows some good images of glitched roads. Also, helps out in mapping Ludendorff/North Yankton. He also made excellent screenshots of every building (and interiors) in North Yankton.
Perfect Blade xD - Helped people go to North Yankton on Xbox
Raavi - Removed the spam from the old topic.
rpearsonx - One of the original finders of the glitch.
SkylineGTRFreak - For being original hunter.
TensaZangetsu - For being original hunter and creating videos.
theNGclan - For creating headers for the Hunt for North Yankton, first version of the North Yankton Discussion, and bringing back the final thread.
ToyGT_one - For providing excellent images of the snowy vehicles.
universetwisters - Creator of the original thread and avid hunter.
WildBrick142 - Creating the needed headers for the topic, being a great moderator and creating the last thread.