Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

11,915 replies to this topic
555-We-Tip
  • 555-We-Tip

He's got half of Mexico in here!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

When you drive behind the recycling truck at speed there is debris that constantly flies off the top.

KingpinRCR
  • KingpinRCR

Hustler

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

The nokota is the only plane that has working flaps.
  • Snoopbr, Aslad and AStiffBreeze like this

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Um

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Ireland

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

My secretary screams and whines when someone is pounding the Maze Bank building with rockets. She says the same "Ohhh" that she say when you push your crotch on her.

Willy A. Jeep
  • Willy A. Jeep

Best Of All... It's An Albany

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online > Vehicles]

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

(quote train snipped)

I've had plenty of NPC's pull guns on me all over the map. Especially if you hit their cars and they don't instantly die. Happens a lot in Sandy Shores/Paleto Bay. Idk just seems normal. 

I do recall the security guards changing however, that seems right. It was a good while ago though I think. 

3,400 hours for me.

Edit: Should say this is just my experience/memory. Could be completely wrong but I know for sure I've been shot by NPC's on the highways before. 

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere (no idea where, though) that ALL NPCs in the game have a small chance of carrying a firearm, but the only time it will ever be used is if they are triggered into being aggressive, which is not always their reaction. The redneck NPCs are far more commonly armed, of course, much like gangsters and bikers, so it's a lot more common to get a gun pulled on you out in the Grand Senora and along the Procopio coast.

Also, I think that insect post I made earlier is my most liked post on the forums. Didn't expect that!

Plage
  • Plage

Self Medicated

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:11 AM

Also, I think that insect post I made earlier is my most liked post on the forums. Didn't expect that!

Stop dreaming!

Scuba 21
  • Scuba 21

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:51 AM

Angry NPC's come out the woodwork during the Merrywether Bunker sale mission.

specterkev
  • specterkev

Red Ghost MC Club President/Co founder of Seekers of Mystery

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

My secretary screams and whines when someone is pounding the Maze Bank building with rockets. She says the same "Ohhh" that she say when you push your crotch on her.

thats because no means no

• Deadman2112, N. Man, eshenk and 4 others like this

Verstappen
  • Verstappen

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:06 AM

R* has made subtle changes to NPC behavior before (e.g. security guards didn't attack you when you had a wanted level--they started to some updates ago)

Definitely existed already since NG came out. I remember the first few days of it during Simeon car missions that I instantly got my stars back when you drive passed the mile high club when their searching for you. They also shot me few times.

AStiffBreeze
  • AStiffBreeze

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

I don't suppose you have a picture or video of that? I'm curious to see how it's modelled.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:29 AM

i have been wasting money trying the mk2 weapons and today i upgraded my heavy revolver, played around with the different ammo types and found that the heavy revolver + hollow point ammo is op as f*ck 😂

thats because no means no
in that case just grab her by the pussy and walk away...like a boss!
  • FukNRekd likes this

KingpinRCR
  • KingpinRCR

Hustler

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

I don't suppose you have a picture or video of that? I'm curious to see how it's modelled.
Unfortunately i dont, but in the appreciation thread are many pictures and videos. The flaps work together with the landing gear (gear up/flaps up, gear down/flaps down).
http://gtaforums.com...scussion-thread
  • AStiffBreeze likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:01 PM Edited by whywontyoulisten, 13 February 2018 - 02:02 PM.

I've just never had an "average" traffic NPC in downtown Los Santos pull a gun on me before--that's what's making me think it's new? (but I could be wrong).

I have: when I got bored and shot the driver during the "tail Kuruma" I/E mission. As soon as he crashed, a bunch of red dots appeared and attacked me, and they were regular NPCs in cars. It's only happened once or twice since.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

PC GUYS ONLY!

Spoiler

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

This is Pequod

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:30 PM Edited by Pequod_, 13 February 2018 - 02:30 PM.

R* is good with textures (it's a flare):

Spoiler

• jdv95, -KM-, Dr.Rosenthal and 4 others like this

Willy A. Jeep
  • Willy A. Jeep

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

PC GUYS ONLY!

Spoiler

I noticed this a long time ago, since I linger around there to sell Sandkings and usually just listen to Regular Car Reviews while doing so. Yup, it's like that on my game as well, on all settings.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

PC GUYS ONLY!

Spoiler

I noticed this a long time ago, since I linger around there to sell Sandkings and usually just listen to Regular Car Reviews while doing so. Yup, it's like that on my game as well, on all settings.

The funny thing is that only the high quality model doesn't cast shadows, but the lod models of it do cast a shadow

Willy A. Jeep
  • Willy A. Jeep

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

PC GUYS ONLY!

Spoiler

The funny thing is that only the high quality model doesn't cast shadows, but the lod models of it do cast a shadow

Right. I imagine, with my limited knowledge of how mapping and models work, that whoever placed that sign there didn't set it to receive/cast shadows, or maybe the original modeler didn't include that function for it. If that model is used elsewhere, it could be that it was originally intended to only be used there, and it might not need to cast shadows in that location.

All of my little knowledge is about the Source engine, of course, and I never really got anywhere beyond reading tutorials and hearing anecdotal tales of mapping woes. But it's what I've got to share.

• DentureDynamite likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Where is vodka? Where is marinated herring?

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:23 PM

Unfortunately i dont, but in the appreciation thread are many pictures and videos. The flaps work together with the landing gear (gear up/flaps up, gear down/flaps down).
http://gtaforums.com...scussion-thread

Bombushka has "flaps" that deploy with the gear too 

Thehunteroftruth
  • Thehunteroftruth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

I had no idea you cannot use anymore thermal helmet in missions, unnecessary change indeed.

• Happy Hunter likes this

KazzMajol
  • KazzMajol

Ancient One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:55 PM Edited by KazzMajol, 14 February 2018 - 08:45 PM.

I think i had heard of this ghost but i totally forgot about it, and so i had to go check it out.      i landed my Akula on the side of Mt. Gordo a little after 2300 game-time and thought maybe i missed the trigger or something, and then i heard the creepy whisper in the headphones and if i hadn't known about it i would have been looking over my shoulder to see who was standing behind me.   i must have missed the scream, though.     didn't immediately see her, because i was actually above where she spawned, and there was no bright light in evidence, but i noticed bloodstains on the rocks underneath where... her... feet... would be, when i got close.

too slow to get a shot of the ghost, but attached is a shot of my character standing right in the spot where she spawned.

---uh.... well, except i'm too stupid to figure out how to upload an image here, so i guess i'll wait until y'all tard-shame me with some helpful hints and then i'll put it up?

---uh, yeah, nevermind...aFinn has posted the requisite video a couple posts down.   so i'll just going on being technically retarded.   (but thanks, C-Hanky!)

I swear that I can hear strange and creepy sounds when I'm exploring the ship and plane wrecks across the map. I'm not talking about creaks and things like that. I'm talking about moaning, voices, groans, things of that nature. It gives me the creeps (and goosebumps)

Dude go to the Mount Gordo Loghthouse/Facility.

I'm pretty sure those are the creepy noises you're on about.

I straight up heard a woman scream out on Mt. Gordo as I left my facility one night, it was like 11:20pm

That would likely be tied to the Jolene Cranley-Evans ghost easter egg. Spawns from 11 to 12 (23 to 0 on the 24-hour clock), just a spooky floating sprite of a ghost in an old-fashioned dress/nightgown, with the word "JOCK" written under it in blood about half-way up Gordo. Also screams and whispers at times (I think every 15 minutes after spawning). I made the mistake of being alone and in the dark when I went ghost hunting that first time. Was not expecting the voice.

Addendum: Yeah, checked it out in-game, she's totally audible and visible from the facility. When exiting (or just sitting on top of the entrance), she's directly ahead of and above the player on the mountain. Very bright spot, can't miss it.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

---uh.... well, except i'm too stupid to figure out how to upload an image here, so i guess i'll wait until y'all tard-shame me with some helpful hints and then i'll put it up?

you TARD!!!!
hahaha

if the image have been uploaded to a hosting site like imgur already,ust use this code to post it here

[img]url of the picture here.jpg[ /img]

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:14 PM Edited by Mexicola9302, 17 February 2018 - 04:17 AM.

Rzdhjv5NBkeywRn8IEF4pQ_0_0.jpgQZr_9lQVOki2D25Jyg55fg_0_0.jpg

I had no idea there is a statue dude at the beach saw him there saturday morning around 9 am ingame time if that matters.

Just had to kill him. :D

• jdv95, IamCourtney, Tonguegirl and 1 other like this

jdv95
  • jdv95

don't know what to type down here anymore.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

Rzdhjv5NBkeywRn8IEF4pQ_0_0.jpgQZr_9lQVOki2D25Jyg55fg_0_0.jpg

I had no idea there is a statue dude at the beach saw him there saturday morning around 9 am ingame time if that matters.                                                                                                                                                                          Just had to kill him. :D

lol that Guy still acts like a statue even in death! Look at his pose when laying On the ground :p

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

if the image have been uploaded to a hosting site like imgur already,ust use this code to post it here

[img]url of the picture here.jpg[ /img]

Here's a little clip of the ghost

• KazzMajol and Tonguegirl like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:44 AM

didn't know R* patched the vespucci wallbreach 

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

didn't know R* patched the vespucci wallbreach 

let me guess, they didn´t fixed the collision but you simply die when you go in it. right?

• CrysisAverted and Sanches like this

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:55 AM

:-P

http://gtaforums.com...w/?p=1070043722

In Deadline you can switch Filters, so you can see the Lights better...

5WxcoQM.jpg

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

:-P

http://gtaforums.com...w/?p=1070043722

In Deadline you can switch Filters, so you can see the Lights better...

5WxcoQM.jpg

it is a while since i last played deadline, but what key is for changing filters?

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:03 AM

uhmmm, not sure. It must be H ?!

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

The headlamp lens textures on the Virgo Classic are mirrored each side of the grille, but on the Virgo Classic Custom they all face the same way.

• Snoopbr likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users