Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

10,661 replies to this topic
=JudgeDrey=
  • =JudgeDrey=

Judges you

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

Eating snacks while in cover mode is one of the most important survival techniques to learn. I'm surprised that hasn't been fixed.

• malcolmfunktion, NudasPriest, PkUnzipper and 11 others like this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

A week ago I discovered that there's actually 2 amphitheaters. (The big opera bowl)

I thought there was only one... 

• JonesyBoy, Furry_Monkey and Martin15 like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

*Roark!*

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

There's another skate park on top of a parking garage, and under the freeway.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 27 May 2014 - 01:35 AM.

these are the little things ive picked up and added over many months

-Hold handbrake in the air to control the yaw of your vehicle. Releasing handbrake in air allows you to control pitch and roll. 

-You can have matte with pearl paint, or even chrome+crew colors. 

-the co-pilot of the buzzard can shoot rockets straight down

-going off radar in passive allows you to switch back to armed mode without alerting anyone unless they are targeting you directly.

-if you lean properly with skydiving you can "squirrel suit" and go as fast as a high performance car

-if you pay the impound fee then leave or die before retrieving your vehicle you don't have to pay again just walk in and get your car.

-you can pull someone out of a stationary tank by holding Y or triangle (May not work in passive mode)

-The bison can have riders sitting in the box of the truck and the granger can have 4 inside +4 people hanging off the roof rack with heavy mg's

-high priority vehicle can be armed with an ignition bomb and still shows on the map

-having sex with a hooker boosts your health

-you can highlight multiple players through the quick menu but the blink won't be permanent.

-highlighting a single player in the session through the cell phone makes them blink permanent however the highlight will jump to a random if that player leaves session

-you can ride inside the bay of the cargobob if a friend lands it on top of you.

-always shoot the register next to the clerk while doing a hold up, it makes him go faster and you get and extra 100 bucks.

-best place to lose 5 stars is to land a chopper on the high priority case building then hide on the second level.

-passengers in cars can use auto-lock

-passengers not riding shotgun in choppers can use heavy mg's

-pegasus vehicles will most likely disappear if you go inside an lsc (use this to reclaim a peg vehicle that someone jacked) patched

You now have to go to the games store to clear a peg vehicle (this can cause a session switch though, rejoin through recent players to get back into the same session)

-tanks take more damage to the front than the rear before exploding

you can also double tap down on the d-pad to get a quick view of who's outside the store, essential for not getting raped while shopping.

-you can watch tv in your garage

-you can use nearly every desktop computer in the game for viewing the internet

-you can watch tv shows through the phones internet.

-you can set muggers and mercs and bounties from your apartment and watch the results on tv. 

-ignition bombs and remote bombs are removed from your pv if you call your mechanic to bring it.

-cargobobbing your pv out of impound will not release it from being impounded in the mechanics menu, land it somewhere safe get in and back out and lose the 2 stars. then you can have it delivered again.

-BMX bikes have front and rear brakes. L is front brake R is back.

-5 sticky bombs on the front of a car makes a much larger blast radius. For ghost riding jihads.

-if you let a friend pull an npc out of their car and you get in as a passenger, the npc can rip your friend out of the drivers seat, get in and drive you around. 

• kbaltodano, tranceking26, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 10 others like this

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

Woah, how?

• malcolmfunktion and YoungMivy like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

*Roark!*

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Woah, how?

By going to the show's web site.

Republican Space Rangers is a good show to past the time while riding in MW's chopper.

• malcolmfunktion, Soran Is On, Anti Warhol and 6 others like this

SPEEDSTER0595
  • SPEEDSTER0595

Red Rum Racing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

In a forced and pickup weapon deathmatch, just stroll into any ammunation and pickup a better weapon.

Found this on Shotgun Wedding, where there were only sawed-offs, i went in and picked up a assault shotgun, trolled everyone.

Cant remember if you have to repurchase the gun or if its free.

• Anti Warhol, BridgeHat, Sangers and 5 others like this

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

Eating snacks while in cover mode is one of the most important survival techniques to learn. I'm surprised that hasn't been fixed.

Same in a vehicle, you get a message saying you can't do it but your health goes up.

Neuling2000
  • Neuling2000

K/D 453.25 :)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

When you wound a cop and he is sitting on the floor and shooting at you another cop tries to help him to get cover.

• freakydude20, Sangers and Hyperlith like this

SurfaceNoise
  • SurfaceNoise

改性

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Something I've noticed about guns. Not significant but.

on SMG/Rifles/MG/Snipers, when you reload it with remaining ammo, once your character changes the clip and primes the weapon, it'll discard the unused round in the chamber. You can see & hear it drop on the ground.

If you reload after using up all the rounds, nothing will be thrown out of the gun.

Very big difference from IV to V with the guns.

• HBSanta, Darth Krizz, bootswitdafur and 1 other like this

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

"AKA The Bhoys2011" Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

I only met the dart board last week

• JonesyBoy likes this

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

have a friend call a mugger on you while in a tank, the mugger will steal the tank and will sometimes go aggro with it blowing up randoms.

(ive yet to fully test this to see how often the mugger will shoot if ever)

• tranceking26, Xx-ADITYA-xX, Salulard and 1 other like this

SurfaceNoise
  • SurfaceNoise

改性

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:19 PM Edited by SurfaceNoise, 26 May 2014 - 04:19 PM.

^^ Been testing it with a friend. Someone has to shoot him for him to turn aggro. Once he starts, he won't stop.

And once he's out of players FoV, he will drive the tank at supercar speeds. Aaaaand, he's deadly accurate be it if you're flying or in a vehicle. Just like tanks in fort zancudo.

If he steals your buzzard, he'll fly for 10-15minutes straight out of the map. If you follow him, your plane/helicopters engine will die after a certain limit.

After 10 or 15?<Needs confirmation. minutes, Pegasus will text you informing you that your vehicle has been destroyed.

• TimmyM56, tranceking26, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 4 others like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Woah, how?

By going to the show's web site.

Republican Space Rangers is a good show to past the time while riding in MW's chopper.

Getting on GTA right now just to try this, lol.

• Maxxi likes this

Formula_puck
  • Formula_puck

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

I noticed that instead of having to go to the Start Menu then click online, you can just go by changing to your online character on the character wheel.

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

I discovered you can do and hold a wheelie on a BMX for as long as your skills permits.

How?

Jump into the air, land on your rear tyre only, hold the analog stick down (in the direction that raises your front tyre) and tap OR hold down the accelerate button.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I definitely didn't know it.

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by Shake 'N Bake, 26 May 2014 - 04:43 PM.

Not so old but saw someone talking about it.

A cargobob will float on water allowing you to pick up people stranded out in the ocean or in a large body of water.

You can sink the cargobob by pressing the L1/ LB while floating on water.

I'm not sure if you can exit it and still have it floating after you get out. 

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

the felon gt will tip gradually onto two tires if the inside tires go over a curb while turning at high speed

the voltic with minimal damage will catch curbs and launch you into violent rolls

• sh0tyme likes this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

the felon gt will tip gradually onto two tires if the inside tires go over a curb while turning at high speed

the voltic with minimal damage will catch curbs and launch you into violent rolls

I noticed that the Dinka Thrust cant handle curbs at all with two people on it (not sure if applies with just one)...it will just launch you off the bike...wtf!?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:46 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 26 May 2014 - 05:47 PM.

not something I discovered recently but since I haven't seen it mentioned so I thought I'd share

if some1 is holding a grenade or sticky you can shoot it to make it explode in their hand

absolutely priceless when some1 is chasing you with a sticky in hand

not 100% sure but IIRC you don't get bad sports or insurance bill when doing this.

• atlboy4k likes this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 26 May 2014 - 06:05 PM.

you guys must have skipped single player if you didn't know you could buy clothing in ammunition.

and you cant steal tanks while in passive mode. tested it with a crew mate. you have to be out of passive for it to work. or at least the game wont let me steal tanks while in passive.

since you cant shoot out of most places...any place that has a gap big enough for you to flop into can be wall breached.

the new apartments have patched the ability to wear a mask/hat/glasses combo. the old apartments still let you do this.

put on only a mask, take a drink, while in the drinking animation select inventory, put on glasses and hat, back out of drinking. you are wearing all three now.

if you own a garage without an apartment you only pay the mechanic.

you can stand on the cheetah or any car with a wedge front end and drop food and drinks on their cars. sometimes those items fall through the floor and damage the cars in another players garage.

with 100% armor your car can survive being dropped from any height.

as long as the water stays below the top part of the tank, the main body not the turret, the tank can play in the ocean. its a good way to kill a passive mode jerk that has been taunting you and thinks they are safe by going into the water.

• Soran Is On, arziben, lavarsicious and 3 others like this

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'm German and didn't notice this until a week ago, what a shame.

25ro2t3.jpg

That's crazy, that's the Stoner Cement Works and I do the gang attack there all the time, I've never noticed that either!

• Old Dinosaur likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Women have a single off the shoulder top that can be worn with a jacket (the black tuxedo top). Found this out just yesterday.

All Valentine's off-shoulder tops can be worn with jackets because they are glitched.

We used to have a thread like this.  It was pretty awesome. 

When taking a selfie you can perform certain player actions during it.  Not exactly a secret, but a lot of people don't know/don't know how.  When taking the selfie if you have a compatible player action set, hold RT/R2 or LT/L2 (can't remember).

We can only do it with the original gestures.. lame, but pretty cool though! (:

Spoiler
  • GrandMaster Smith, Soran Is On and Fish_Records like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Women have a single off the shoulder top that can be worn with a jacket (the black tuxedo top). Found this out just yesterday.

All Valentine's off-shoulder tops can be worn with jackets because they are glitched.

We used to have a thread like this.  It was pretty awesome. 

When taking a selfie you can perform certain player actions during it.  Not exactly a secret, but a lot of people don't know/don't know how.  When taking the selfie if you have a compatible player action set, hold RT/R2 or LT/L2 (can't remember).

We can only do it with the original gestures.. lame, but pretty cool though! (:

Spoiler

f*ck I completely forgot about that

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

I tested out the gesture-selfies a bit more and found the rest that can be done. Pictures are a bit dark.. I didn't want to wait until sunrise to take a photo. ._.

Spoiler

• Sunnycyde likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

If you take a cargobob to Fort Zancudo you can steal a tank with a driver in it.  If you drop it near players that have a wanted level then it will attack them.  It will obviously despawn if it's out of range of other players, so you may want to stay near it to keep it going.  Tank bodyguard, anyone?

• malcolmfunktion, tranceking26, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 15 others like this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

You know you can swap lock-on targets with L1/LT on the buzzard or jet? or that all helicopters can float on the sea surface?

That's not true actually.... misconception a lot of people have

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

A week ago I discovered that there's actually 2 amphitheaters. (The big opera bowl)

I thought there was only one... 

Where's the other one?

Edgelord
  • Edgelord

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

You know you can swap lock-on targets with L1/LT on the buzzard or jet? or that all helicopters can float on the sea surface?

That's not true actually.... misconception a lot of people have

You 're wrong..

• Hyperlith and Sunnycyde like this

=JudgeDrey=
  • =JudgeDrey=

Judges you

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:07 PM Edited by =JudgeDrey=, 26 May 2014 - 07:50 PM.

(a)-passengers in cars can use auto-lock

(b)-if you let a friend pull an npc out of their car and you get in as a passenger, the npc can rip your friend out of the drivers seat, get in and drive you around. 

(a) The passenger Auto-aim feature is incredibly useful for drive by's with a good driver. "Judging the Jury" is a blast like this.

(b) I must try that! lmao  :lol:

One thing I noticed just the other day in SP (I've yet to check it out in MP), is if you go to Grove street, there's usually a purple "gang" car parked next to the gang members talking outside. If it's not there, it usually pulls up within a minute. And it's the only NPC car I've ever seen in the game with mods. I've yet to try and steal it* to see what other mods the car has, but just at first glance, it at least had a custom paint job, rims and muffler. And I've only ever seen 2 type of cars as a gang car. The Declasse Tornado, and the Vapid Peyote OR Albany Manana (not sure which it was atm).

I've always wondered if any other NPC's have cars with mods on them. 

I love f*ckin with NPC's. lmao  :evilgrin:

*edit

I just stole the purple Baller Tornado from Grove street in SP and brought it to LSC. The mods it had were;

-Short Exhausts

-Fender Chrome Detail

-Fender Ornaments

-Black License plate

-Lead Sled Alloy rims

Just fyi  :bored: 

• Luther_Vandross likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users