9,767 replies to this topic
malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

I'm German and didn't notice this until a week ago, what a shame.

25ro2t3.jpg

I've never noticed this before...I also saw a massive sign in the shape of a cow recently... Never saw it before
  • Marcinguy and colagamerXD like this

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

I just found out yesterday that there's an altimeter on the copilot camera on the Buzzard.
L1 and R1 cycle missile locks on the jet as well as the Buzzard btw.
  • malcolmfunktion, Sangers and TheMckeever like this

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

Eating snacks while taking cover skips the eating animation
  • drr26, NudasPriest, Liquid715 and 7 others like this

=JudgeDrey=
  • =JudgeDrey=

Judges you

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by =JudgeDrey=, 26 May 2014 - 01:14 PM.

I learnt that if you stop at a red light next to a car, hold the handbrake and rev the engine, the NPC in the car next to you will race you.

Really? thats a game-changer right there!

This has been one of my favorite non-mission activities since the 1st GTA 3D. Back then I used to get a bike and fire a round at another NPC on a bike and then just try and keep up with him until he wiped out. Usually in spectacular fashion lmao! It was a blast.

But in this GTA, as mentioned. Many times I'll pull up next to a NPC in a supercar and rev my engine and burn out a little (Sometimes they even do it back!) Then it's off to the races with them! Just a few days ago I raced some guy in a Bullet all over the map as far up as Paleto Bay and we were on our way back down south through Vinewood Hills until he finally had a head-on collision and died.

I then dragged him out of his car and had a moment of silence for him lol.

​I usually also keep an eye out for NPC's driving like maniacs and chase them down. That's fun too.

• theNGclan, drr26, MilezDawg and 23 others like this

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

I've also recently discovered that you can view the whole map when inside your apartment rather than just seeing that useless interior map.

How ?!

• Canes21 likes this

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

I'm German and didn't notice this until a week ago, what a shame.

25ro2t3.jpg

I've never seen this before. Where is it located?
I think it's near the Spawn after you play Coveted.

must be new then :S I have never seen it; but have been there multiple times... :p It's behind the mountain with the Vinewood logo :)

It's not new. It's outside the city where few will venture.
  • derek0514 likes this

=JudgeDrey=
  • =JudgeDrey=

Judges you

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:11 PM Edited by =JudgeDrey=, 26 May 2014 - 01:15 PM.

I've also recently discovered that you can view the whole map when inside your apartment rather than just seeing that useless interior map.

How ?!

When you're in the map screen, press select and the entire map will come up.

• Retardation, boberson01, arziben and 5 others like this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

How ?!
when it shows you that sh*tty interior map there is an option to hit select to change it...whatever select is on Xbox...
  • shmok2 likes this

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

when it shows you that sh*tty interior map there is an option to hit select to change it...whatever select is on Xbox...

Awesome, thanks. Only taken me ~8 months to learn you could do that...

• BaM BooZeLLed, FertileFuZZ, Naroon and 1 other like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

Works in the subway and other interiors as well.

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Until reading another thread here I had no clue there were Epsilon Youth in the online game.

0_0.jpg

• Intoxica7ed, johnpolo, Gallioni Pepperoni and 2 others like this

dwestos
  • dwestos

Prankster

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

But, in LSC you can not see other player waiting on you outside :(

/D

• malcolmfunktion likes this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

But, in LSC you can not see other player waiting on you outside :(

/D
l love it when you have the "haul ass" approach to leaving LSC, crashing into walls as you go only to realise the session is empty haha.
  • mr quick, Retardation, Sunnycyde and 2 others like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

*Bork!*

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:14 PM Edited by A Maned Wolf, 14 June 2014 - 01:50 AM.

-You can "stick" people with tear gas grenades if tossed from a vehicle. (Found to be broken after patch 1.12)

-SWAT officers can use tear gas against players if they are holed up inside a building.

-Flipping the bird while in a vehicle allows you to roll down the window.

-Holding A or X while eating a snack makes you take three bites of it, granting more health.

-Peds can be spotted working on disabled vehicles in parking lots.

-If in a quiet area, the "door ajar" chime can be heard from many different vehicles if the driver door is left open.

-The Dilettante switches fairly realistically from electric mode to gas mode.

• TimmyM56, malcolmfunktion, ivarblaauw and 11 others like this

Knimme
  • Knimme

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by Knimme, 26 May 2014 - 02:16 PM.

You can stand on a bigger truck/lorry and keep standing there without falling down, you can even jump with the lorry and you still stand on it. Good to know when you play "Satelite Communication" and one is driving down the mountain and the others can stand on the trailor with like miniguns and just slaughter the bikes that a coming.

• =JudgeDrey=, freakydude20, hei3enberg and 4 others like this

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Quite minor compared to some above, but since I started using Headphones I've noticed how the sounds change as you drive over different surfaces, especially the wood at the pier and the brick crossings on some of the streets.

• Peaches84 and TIM74UK like this

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

I just found out yesterday that there's an altimeter on the copilot camera on the Buzzard.

Are L1 and R1 just the analog sticks for the PS3 controller? lol i play xbox

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Are L1 and R1 just the analog sticks for the PS3 controller? lol i play xbox

L1 and R1 are equiv to the LB and RB on xbox controller.

• Pastry and TheMckeever like this

fofofofofofofofo
  • fofofofofofofofo

A.K.A OmgLolOmgLol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by fofofofofofofofo, 26 May 2014 - 02:26 PM.

I just noticed that you can stop trains by blowing up the main engine-train.

Also the fact that the cargobob floats on water, found that out when the cargobob engine in coveted failed for a second when trying to pick up the container and fell on the water...SURPRISE! IT FLOATS!

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:31 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 26 May 2014 - 02:32 PM.

How ?!

You're KIDDING me. Thanks for that.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

Quite minor compared to some above, but since I started using Headphones I've noticed how the sounds change as you drive over different surfaces, especially the wood at the pier and the brick crossings on some of the streets.

Also, if you run into people while racing or in mission and break glass you'll hear the glass crunch as you drive or walk over it.

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

That you can slide down the rope in the MW chopper. I still haven't got it to work but still.
Also on the roof next the airport LSC you can electrocuted by the power brick thingy.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:56 PM Edited by malcolmfunktion, 26 May 2014 - 02:57 PM.

That you can slide down the rope in the MW chopper. I still haven't got it to work but still.
Also on the roof next the airport LSC you can electrocuted by the power brick thingy.

I actually only learned not too long ago that you could slide down a rope from a chopper from MW...I've NEVER NOT shot the pilot and taking the heli myself haha

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

OP never knew you could get shoes in ammunation thats new for me. Anyone else notice that when female characters drink shots the heels disappear?
  • Keegeroo, TheMckeever and TCA like this

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

It'll be auto animations at work, and lazy ones at that, Like how hats just vanish when you get in a car

• mmm chocolate, Seedy and TCA like this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

I discovered that franklin is a virgin!
  • Ctrlindel and BawseJet like this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

I actually only learned not too long ago that you could slide down a rope from a chopper from MW...I've NEVER NOT shot the pilot and taking the heli myself haha

I have, but only because I was at some beach up north and wanted to get to my apartment while grabbing some food from the kitchen.

He said random things to me during the trip and upon arrival I got the in-game notification that he would hover at a safe altitude for me to jump.

Without hesitating I jumped immediately and he seemed displeased with me suddenly leaving him as he thought we were having a nice conversation.

Next time I'll wait to see what happens if I just sit there.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by PkUnzipper, 26 May 2014 - 03:24 PM.

I've just discovered this morning that you can buy shoes at Ammunation...most of you probably know this and even more probably don't care...I don't even care apart from the fact that I never knew this until just now.

Also a couple of weeks back someone mentioned in a thread that they hate having to go into the pause menu to take off a gps that they were not using...until I told them that you can select "none" in the quick menu.

Has anyone else recently discovered something that may be of some use to me or anyone else that doesn't know about?

I've always noticed that. 

and it's still a dumb f*cking idea.  At least limit it only to themed store stuff like hunting vests, caps, and boots only.  And make Ammunation the ONLY store to sell military styled/theme content like camo clothing, jackets, vests and boots.

It's still f*cking dumb to be able to waltz into Posonby's and buy a cheap military cammo blue/white or field style cargo shorts.  Which --outside of Ammunation--is clearly clothing merchandise which should be limited to Sub Urban or Binco's IMO.

The other dumb ass thing they removed from Ammunation was the ability to buy beer/liquor from that beer box near the door.  This happened a long time ago like around patch 1.1? 1.2? or so.  

• malcolmfunktion, ivarblaauw, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

I've just discovered this morning that you can buy shoes at Ammunation...most of you probably know this and even more probably don't care...I don't even care apart from the fact that I never knew this until just now.

Also a couple of weeks back someone mentioned in a thread that they hate having to go into the pause menu to take off a gps that they were not using...until I told them that you can select "none" in the quick menu.

Has anyone else recently discovered something that may be of some use to me or anyone else that doesn't know about?

I've always noticed that. 

and it's still a dumb f*cking idea.  At least limit it only to themed store stuff like hunting vests, caps, and boots only.  And make Ammunation the ONLY store to sell military styled/theme content like camo clothing, jackets, vests and boots.

It's still f*cking dumb to be able to waltz into Posonby's and buy a cheap military cammo blue/white or field style cargo shorts.  Which --outside of Ammunation--is clearly clothing merchandise which should be limited to Sub Urban or Binco's IMO.

The other dumb ass thing they removed was the ability to buy beer/liquor from that beer box near the door.  This happened a long time ago like around patch 1.1? 1.2? or so.  

Agreed.

They could have split it all up really nicely with the 3 stores, all high end stuff at Ponsonby's, Cheaper end at Binco and the real bargain stuff at the one by the projects.

• malcolmfunktion, Voit Turyv, ivarblaauw and 4 others like this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Facade Corporation
  • Bhutan

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by pokemon4ever, 26 May 2014 - 03:30 PM.

The surface you want to land on has to be completely flat, that might be the issue.

Until reading another thread here I had no clue there were Epsilon Youth in the online game.

0_0.jpg

I only found them recently too. I was driving in the area and heard the music. Then went inside the property and found them. This location is right across from tinsel towers.

• PkUnzipper likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users