7,175 replies to this topic
malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

I've just discovered this morning that you can buy shoes at Ammunation...most of you probably know this and even more probably don't care...I don't even care apart from the fact that I never knew this until just now.

I've also recently discovered that you can view the whole map when inside your apartment rather than just seeing that useless interior map.

Also a couple of weeks back someone mentioned in a thread that they hate having to go into the pause menu to take off a gps that they were not using...until I told them that you can select "none" in the quick menu.

Has anyone else recently discovered something that may be of some use to me or anyone else that doesn't know about?
  • craigdyid, JOEsAGGRESSIVE, ivarblaauw and 26 others like this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

POPULAR

I discovered you can buy shoes in Ammunation about 1 second ago

• Slynke, CrabCrust, Craze and 91 others like this

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:13 AM Edited by Bombshock, 26 May 2014 - 04:44 PM.

You know you can swap lock-on targets with L1/LT on the buzzard or jet? or that all helicopters can float on the sea surface?

• mmm chocolate, MagicNarcosis, malcolmfunktion and 42 others like this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

I discovered you can buy shoes in Ammunation about 1 second ago

and I bet it was the same reason why i did...because i rarely go to ammunation as I just fill up before a mission until R* added the option to have multiple bullet proof vests...and the shoes are right there beside the vest haha
  • sebcreed and Horse_With_No_Name like this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

You know you can swap lock-on targets with L1 on the buzzard? or that all helicopters float on the sea surface?

Only found out that floating thing a few weeks ago myself.

I was trying to extract crewmembers from lakes and such and found it wouldn't actually sink.

It's pretty cool, but you can't get people in that way, you actually have to go up a little bit and even then it's still annoying.

If you want to get someone out of the water, it's still faster than waiting for them to swim to shore, though.

• ten-a-penny, xRoyalFlush and scoobsterinc like this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

You know you can swap lock-on targets with L1 on the buzzard? or that all helicopters float on the sea surface?

sh*t no...I didn't know that about switching targets...and that's really useful! Nice one haha
  • Luk38644, JONES6137, Heists and 5 others like this

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

It's pretty cool, but you can't get people in that way, you actually have to go up a little bit and even then it's still annoying.

If you want to get someone out of the water, it's still faster than waiting for them to swim to shore, though.

Its kinda funny that they let helicopters float but dont let people swimming get on them,would be nice to be on a helicopter-rescue operation...

• lopezloo, Outplug, theGTAking101 and 6 others like this

Egonga
  • Egonga

Stripper/Lawyer

• Members
  • England

A few things actually;

You can drink yourself to death in your apartment.

Women have a single off the shoulder top that can be worn with a jacket (the black tuxedo top). Found this out just yesterday.

If you crash any vehicle into the ocean but the windows and doors remain intact then you can survive underwater indefinitely. I learned this when my brother asked if the Mallard could land on water, and I tested it with a Frogger and a jeep I jacked. Also a Titan. The Buzzard or Cargobob won't work, however, as the back seats are open door by default. 

• Raynos, MagicNarcosis, malcolmfunktion and 31 others like this

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

You can also glide in the air when diving like having a wingsuit in real.You just have to push the stick slightly forward,not all the way up.

• Wbrazier2001, VANAGON, mechluvin89psn and 1 other like this

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:32 AM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 26 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.

I always change at ammunation since day one. I wanted the same outfits you can buy in sp there.

I found this out a couple of months ago but if you stay on a ladder people can't go up it around you. You can use it to taunt them then when they figure you won't move and start walking away you can take off passive on the roof and either shoot them or leave a sticky at the top for them to climb up to. Works every time I've done it. Gotta a make sure ladder is enough length to take passive off though.
  • Luk38644, clark nova, meatrocket8 and 5 others like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Its kinda funny that they let helicopters float but dont let people swimming get on them,would be nice to be on a helicopter-rescue operation...

I've performed helicopter rescue ops pulling people out of water. Don't know what you're having problems with.

I've just discovered this morning that you can buy shoes at Ammunation...most of you probably know this and even more probably don't care...I don't even care apart from the fact that I never knew this until just now.

I've also recently discovered that you can view the whole map when inside your apartment rather than just seeing that useless interior map.

Also a couple of weeks back someone mentioned in a thread that they hate having to go into the pause menu to take off a gps that they were not using...until I told them that you can select "none" in the quick menu.

Has anyone else recently discovered something that may be of some use to me or anyone else that doesn't know about?

Like Poklane, I just learned you could buy shoes at ammunation xD

• MagnumOpuz likes this

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

heat-ticking from cars after driving them.

• Luk38644, teagle, kristintrigue and 2 others like this

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

I've performed helicopter rescue ops pulling people out of water. Don't know what you're having problems with.

Pulling people out by hanging around the helicopter or by actually entering it ?

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Greece

The ''secret'' bunker In the airport somewhere. Look it up.

• Ninja_Gear, 018361, Luk38644 and 11 others like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

I learnt that if you stop at a red light next to a car, hold the handbrake and rev the engine, the NPC in the car next to you will race you.

Drinking anything in the New apartments will make you bald if you're wearing the Faux Hawk

Faggio is actually meant to be pronounced Fa-joe not Fag-gee-oh

• Nopheros, JONES6137, Sangers and 9 others like this

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

I learnt that if you stop at a red light next to a car, hold the handbrake and rev the engine, the NPC in the car next to you will race you.

Really? thats a game-changer right there!

• Craze, Seedy, lilpokerface and 5 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

I've noticed my car gets impounded when I change sessions or freeze since 1.13....  that's a money sucker and time waster.

• Outplug and Hylskriksen like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

Women have a single off the shoulder top that can be worn with a jacket (the black tuxedo top). Found this out just yesterday.

All Valentine's off-shoulder tops can be worn with jackets because they are glitched.

We used to have a thread like this.  It was pretty awesome. 

When taking a selfie you can perform certain player actions during it.  Not exactly a secret, but a lot of people don't know/don't know how.  When taking the selfie if you have a compatible player action set, hold RT/R2 or LT/L2 (can't remember).

• malcolmfunktion, xoC18H21NO3xo, Killzone3265 and 4 others like this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Really? thats a game-changer right there!
Although someone argued before that they are actually just terrified of you and want to get away from you asap...and it might be true because I tried it once and the guy got out and pulled me out of the car to beat the sh*t out of me hahah
  • Craze, DraxTheDestroyer, mman259 and 9 others like this

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

Ŗ

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:02 AM Edited by Preusse, 26 May 2014 - 11:04 AM.

I'm German and didn't notice this until a week ago, what a shame.

25ro2t3.jpg
  • DanieljJ, lol232, Outplug and 21 others like this

arziben
  • arziben

✈::::::: pew pew pew

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

useful thread, I'll come by and see the news :D

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

You can buy clothes in ammunition too.

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I think he means not being able to enter helicopters when they're actually ON the surface of the water, like he quoted me saying earlier.

I've tried it several times and it never worked, a crewmember pointed out that it would work if you actually hover slightly above it.

And TBH I agree, it is kind of funny. They probably didn't intend to let people in the water enter vehicles, though.

Maybe they'll change it so you can just sit on the water surface and let others enter more easily. Could make for some interesting missions as well, with NPC's or underwater action.

• Outplug and DraxTheDestroyer like this

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

A few things actually;

You can drink yourself to death in your apartment.

If you crash any vehicle into the ocean but the windows and doors remain intact then you can survive underwater indefinitely. I learned this when my brother asked if the Mallard could land on water, and I tested it with a Frogger and a jeep I jacked. Also a Titan. The Buzzard or Cargobob won't work, however, as the back seats are open door by default. 

Drinking yourself to death also works on the streets with enough Pisswasser... and its the only time that I know of, that when you die (or black out) you end up outside the hospital!

• MontanaRedDog likes this

McBean007
  • McBean007

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:29 AM Edited by McBean007, 26 May 2014 - 11:30 AM.

I discovered that npcs can cry
  • Jeff Nesteruk, Mr._A.Lien, xGeoThumbs and 2 others like this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Pulling people out by hanging around the helicopter or by actually entering it ?

They entered it like any other vehicle. I've never been able to do this 'floating' business with a helicopter though, the moment I'm in the water like that, it is game over (for me). So the trick is lowering yourself as much as possible. 

• TheMaksMW and madmanaz like this

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

They entered it like any other vehicle. I've never been able to do this 'floating' business with a helicopter though, the moment I'm in the water like that, it is game over (for me). So the trick is lowering yourself as much as possible. 

Ok so I fugured it out ..

When the heli floats exactly at the surface,people cant enter it but when you hover a little higher,they teleport into it..

GTA Logic,as always..

• ten-a-penny and BaM BooZeLLed like this

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

25ro2t3.jpg

I've never seen this before. Where is it located?
  • Hollis2Hollywood likes this

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:04 PM Edited by CrazyDog150, 26 May 2014 - 12:04 PM.

25ro2t3.jpg

I think it's near the Spawn after you play Coveted.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

25ro2t3.jpg

I think it's near the Spawn after you play Coveted.

must be new then :S I have never seen it; but have been there multiple times... :p It's behind the mountain with the Vinewood logo :)

• GranSnake likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users