Quantcast

» «
Photo

Sign the petition: Fix the freezing, constant dropping or we walk!

192 replies to this topic
Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

f*ck the mods on this site. Straight trash since the change over.

Like your threads?

• Tabula Rasa and AlienTwo like this

Two gun
  • Two gun

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

f*ck the mods on this site. Straight trash since the change over.

Like your threads?
I guess so

raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Send a message to Rockstar by joining the group of players who are tired of the crap performance of this game.

Tell Rockstar that if they do not at least ACKNOWLEDGE the problem and fix it, then this WILL be the last Rockstar game you buy. 

I have already seen enough, and am not wasting anymore of my time with anything else Rockstar releases, that's my decision. They clearly do not know how to make multiplayer online games work. That doesn't help me much for the $40 I spent for this game, but I can say I won't be fooled into spending another $40-60 for anything else from Rockstar Games.

If they don't do something in the near future about the absolute crap performance issues with the connections/freezing then I will do my part to make GTAO a ghost town by spending my game time playing a game that actually works properly. I have already cleared game utility data, reloaded patches, put my PS3 in a DMZ, tried mutliple DNS addresses...I have a FiOS ISP...so it ISN'T me. I do not have these problems with other games.

How many more of you are sick of the freezing, the constant timed out failures, the rooms dumping upon launch, being kicked offline into SP mode, not being able to connect to games that just sent you an invite, etc etc etc....? LET YOURSELVES BE KNOWN

seems a bit drastic lool

https://www.youtube....h?v=atvS5UrXiC0

LehPhatGer-bear
  • LehPhatGer-bear

The Ladies Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

GTA freezes > GTA Forums > UFO/ Badpost thread overload > back to GTA > better *Repeat*

• Phonics_monkey08 likes this

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:25 AM Edited by Kaber, 05 June 2014 - 01:26 AM.

Who keeps bumping this topic?  Let it die.

...oops i just did

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

I know two things on this subject. 

1) This petition is pathetic, stupid, immature and will do nothing

2) I'm totally buying the next Red Dead Redemption

• who-dat and supanaut like this

LoyalRockstarFanboy
  • LoyalRockstarFanboy

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:09 AM

Im not gonna sign it because like most people im gonna buy their next game even tho I complain a lot about gta:o.

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

LMAO! Nope. This will never work.

Imposssible
  • Imposssible

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

?!?? Yeah right... whatever! Rockstar owns all of us and there's nothing we can do about it! It's all about KIFFLOM forever - forever KIFFLOM...

All hail the mighty epsilon my brothers and sisters. They will keep us on the path to enlightenment. Forget about your crappy petition, it will only distract us.

Marc30499
  • Marc30499

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:27 AM Edited by Marc30499, 05 June 2014 - 02:27 AM.

?!?? Yeah right... whatever! Rockstar owns all of us and there's nothing we can do about it! It's all about KIFFLOM forever - forever KIFFLOM...

All hail the mighty epsilon my brothers and sisters. They will keep us on the path to enlightenment. Forget about your crappy petition, it will only distract us.

Do they own the modders that have mod menus that can spawn UFO, derank any player, take all their cash away?? Do r* own them cause they are sh*tting on R* with those mod menus

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

I work for a fortune 500 multinational corporation on a computer with thousands of dollars worth of software on it and it crashes more often than this game does because it is cutting edge stuff. Even with the crashes the stuff we are able to do with this software that can not be done in any other software is worth the headaches and we continue to work though it and try to save often and not lose much progress when it crashes.

I feel much the same way about GTAO. The bottom line for me is that this is by far the best game I have played. I also know that there are plans in the works to make it even better. I can live with a few freezes and will just continue to do the hard drive maintenance that minimizes the likelihood of the freezes happening.

Side note: You could get 10,000 signatures on that petition and it would not make any difference. They are well aware the problem exists and are doing whatever they are able to about it. I assure you that the idle threats of players aren't going to change anything.

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:34 AM Edited by Fluffy Apple, 05 June 2014 - 02:37 AM.

I freeze in a multplayer session whenever i join one but i never enjoy it because the modders and all the kill joy people ruining gta to begin with so i go into solo sessions and it doesn't freeze at all. i think it's the modders and the silly ufo things that cause this. but you all seem to forget that rockstar is trying to fix these problems.

it isn't a " click " then problem fixed situations it is more harsh than that. sounds to me that if you can't cope with the game you will never enjoy it like us GTA fans so GTFO and quit complaining about how miserable your internet connection is. -.-

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

Anyone know how the PC petition is coming along?

Pro GTA V coming to PC: 722,285 signatures

Anti GTA V coming to PC: 12,457 signatures

Lmao try harder console losers. 

Because decent console "peasants" don't bother with such petty petitions. If Rockstar wants to ruin their best entry into the GTA series by porting it to PC, they may do so. I will still enjoy it on my lovely PS3.

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

When you grow up, you'll realize that sometimes, life just isn't fair. Sometimes you pay $60 and you get an incredible game... but it's only incredible, instead of unbelievable. Sucks, I know. I guess now you know how the starving children in Africa feel. Now you know how it feels to be stolen from your home as a child and sold into sex slavery like the children in Cambodia. Now you truly understand oppression... you should start writing a book about your woes, you may be a famous author someday.

:rolls eyes:

In all seriousness, just grow up. GTA V is a f*cking fantastic game. Yeah, GTA:O is broken, but in case you're unaware, GTA:O is not a finished product - it will continue to grow and evolve throughout the life cycle of GTA V, and when GTA VI comes along, GTA:0 2.0 will be even bigger and better.

This is Rockstar's first outing with an online experience such as this. Yeah, GTA IV and RDR had free roam multiplayer, but not like this. Not with your own homes and cars and stuff like that. There will be problems for quite some time. Had Rockstar waited to release the game until they found and ironed out every last little kink, GTA V would be outdated before it ever hit store shelves. We ARE their play testers, and I'm ok with that.

Let me tell you a story about a little company called Valve and their dreaded "Steam" program. When Steam first appeared, it was loathed by all. It barely worked, and Half-Life 2 fans were very upset to know that they couldn't play HL2 without it.

Fast forward 10 years, and Steam is the most successful and beloved digital distribution platform in existence. 

Moral of the story?

Have patience and stop being a dick wad.

• Brock Elvis, LuapYllier, Alarming and 1 other like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

NɨŁ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:39 AM

Why's everyone bitching so much? i thought mods and glitches were harmless? That's what everyone was saying back in December...

The tide goes both ways. Embrace it.

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

When you grow up, you'll realize that sometimes, life just isn't fair. Sometimes you pay $60 and you get an incredible game... but it's only incredible, instead of unbelievable. Sucks, I know. I guess now you know how the starving children in Africa feel. Now you know how it feels to be stolen from your home as a child and sold into sex slavery like the children in Cambodia. Now you truly understand oppression... you should start writing a book about your woes, you may be a famous author someday.

In all seriousness, just grow up. GTA V is a f*cking fantastic game. Yeah, GTA:O is broken, but in case you're unaware, GTA:O is not a finished product - it will continue to grow and evolve throughout the life cycle of GTA V, and when GTA VI comes along, GTA:0 2.0 will be even bigger and better.

This is Rockstar's first outing with an online experience such as this. Yeah, GTA IV and RDR had free roam multiplayer, but not like this. Not with your own homes and cars and stuff like that. There will be problems for quite some time. Had Rockstar waited to release the game until they found and ironed out every last little kink, GTA V would be outdated before it ever hit store shelves. We ARE their play testers, and I'm ok with that.

Let me tell you a story about a little company called Valve and their dreaded "Steam" program. When Steam first appeared, it was loathed by all. It barely worked, and Half-Life 2 fans were very upset to know that they couldn't play HL2 without it.

Fast forward 10 years, and Steam is the most successful and beloved digital distribution platform in existence. 

Moral of the story?

Most beautiful piece of text in this whole thread.

• MichiganMuscle77 likes this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Start to play, freezes on loading screen.
K.
Restarted console, started playing, drove down street, kicked from online.
K.
Repeat process, drive down street, game freezes.
Yup. f*ck this sh*t.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:59 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 05 June 2014 - 07:07 AM.

Send a message to Rockstar by joining the group of players who are tired of the crap performance of this game.

Tell Rockstar that if they do not at least ACKNOWLEDGE the problem and fix it, then this WILL be the last Rockstar game you buy. 

I have already seen enough, and am not wasting anymore of my time with anything else Rockstar releases, that's my decision. They clearly do not know how to make multiplayer online games work. That doesn't help me much for the $40 I spent for this game, but I can say I won't be fooled into spending another $40-60 for anything else from Rockstar Games.

If they don't do something in the near future about the absolute crap performance issues with the connections/freezing then I will do my part to make GTAO a ghost town by spending my game time playing a game that actually works properly. I have already cleared game utility data, reloaded patches, put my PS3 in a DMZ, tried mutliple DNS addresses...I have a FiOS ISP...so it ISN'T me. I do not have these problems with other games.

How many more of you are sick of the freezing, the constant timed out failures, the rooms dumping upon launch, being kicked offline into SP mode, not being able to connect to games that just sent you an invite, etc etc etc....? LET YOURSELVES BE KNOWN

OP, please help me correct the sense of disorientation I'm experiencing after reading your thread title.  

1. If R* doesn't fix the freezing and constant dropping, then you walk

2. If you walk, then there is no one left to play what's apparently been a piece of crap online game to date 

3. If no one is left to play what has been a piece of crap online game to date ---then R* will be basically coerced into shutting down this 100% FREE piece of online crap to date......

Wait......hang on a moment......

Ah yes. I remember now.  This reminds me of that saying about cutting off your nose to spite your face........

Here are 2 important things to consider in the future:

First: The moment you removed the plastic packaging wrap off your game CD and installed the game on your console, you officially became R*s Bottom Bitch.

Second: Read your EULA before posting a ludicrous petition like this in the future. It will save ppl considerable time trolling your thread in the future as well. 

Myoyoy
  • Myoyoy

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

nope best game ever can put up with it couldnt be with out it!!

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:15 AM Edited by handcuff_charlie, 05 June 2014 - 07:16 AM.

I work for a fortune 500 multinational corporation on a computer with thousands of dollars worth of software on it and it crashes more often than this game does because it is cutting edge stuff. Even with the crashes the stuff we are able to do with this software that can not be done in any other software is worth the headaches and we continue to work though it and try to save often and not lose much progress when it crashes.

I feel much the same way about GTAO. The bottom line for me is that this is by far the best game I have played. I also know that there are plans in the works to make it even better. I can live with a few freezes and will just continue to do the hard drive maintenance that minimizes the likelihood of the freezes happening.

Side note: You could get 10,000 signatures on that petition and it would not make any difference. They are well aware the problem exists and are doing whatever they are able to about it. I assure you that the idle threats of players aren't going to change anything.

I am in no delusions about negotiating with R* via a internet forum. But they most certainly are aware of these forums and bringing attention to an issue is the first step towards getting resolution.

Just presuming they "already know about it" can only at best be true and they will or won't address it, and at worst be flat wrong and it will then continue indefinitely because they are oblivious. 

You'll pardon me if i have zero reason to believe you have any actual evidence that they are aware AND are working to fix/address the issue, but rather you are speaking simply based on a "hunch". If your statement is based on something more than that, by all means spill the beans.

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

I didn't have time to read all the posts in this thread so apologies if this has been mentioned before.

When's the last time you guys blew out the dust from your consoles?

I regularly do and a good amount of dust comes out everytime. It's not a strange notion that dust accumulating in your fans could be causing the freezing.

Food for thought?

Imposssible
  • Imposssible

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

KIFFLOM forever - forever KIFFLOM...

***PAY NO ATTENTION TO ANYONE TALKING SUBVERSIVE ABOUT R*. Rockstar is the future, Rockstar is the way. KIFFLOM!!!

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

You want everyone to what now -.-? Smh

So basically, your sayin F alllll of the other great GTAs that came before this, and that your not gonna buy the next GTA or whatever cause you couldn't play a 24-hour-straight free roam session without it freezing? Get a grip man. It's a game. You reset your console and start a new session.

You didn't pay $40-60 for Just GTAO, you paid for GTAV+GTAO, if you are frustrated with the online, GTAV is STILL a great buy. The existence of this very forum indicates that R* makes good stuff.

You can sit out on GTA VI with the other handful of people that wanna sign your petition if you want. Just let me know how much fun that is when everyone else is playing it and your not.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

Moral of the story?

Really, it's just Too many people with this uncanny sense of entitlement... Like really -.-

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Because decent console "peasants" don't bother with such petty petitions. If Rockstar wants to ruin their best entry into the GTA series by porting it to PC, they may do so. I will still enjoy it on my lovely PS3.

Lol. Lol. Lol.

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

I feel bad for you, the game crashed on me maybe twice since October

raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:23 AM Edited by raggingmonkey, 06 June 2014 - 05:24 AM.

f*ck yeah, just figured out how to put up a youtube vid :D 

anyways, this is my opinion of your  "petition"

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

The irony being that all of the bad stuff you guys bitch about regarding mods is hitting the PS3 hardest. And worse than it ever would on PC. Lol

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:58 AM Edited by jcph3, 06 June 2014 - 08:00 AM.

You guys realize that companies like R* spend millions on marketing research each year? They hire companies that specialize in nothing but letting R* know what their customers want.

and you think a poll with a few thousand signatures is even going to get on their radar!

Can you see the board meeting where R* CEO asks for $25 mil to develop a POPO role playing option in GTAO based on a petition with 2500 signatures?

If and when GTA V comes out on next gen and PC, wont be decided by forum petitions

• ten-a-penny likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

A PC version of GTA would vastly improve this game on so many levels, sadly the ps3 is just too old and slow to run this game properly with more than 8 or so people in a lobby.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users