Quantcast

» «
Photo

Sign the petition: Fix the freezing, constant dropping or we walk!

192 replies to this topic
Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

Last I checked, they wouldn't bother releasing on PC due to pirated copies, and tiny playerbase compared to console.  I expect them to release it on current gen before pc.

I won't derail the topic any further than this, but you were already thoroughly disproved in other threads. You really need to stop being such a stubborn and ignorant individual. But if you really want to be known as that guy, well, it's your choice to make.

GTAO is no different, you do not seem to be able to understand. Freezes have been a common thing since the release version of this game

It hasn't actually, I'd frozen just once before the 1.11 patch (after a very long play time), and no exaggeration about 100 times after the 1.11 patch was released.

It's not hardware, it's the the game.

Well here's many theories...

1. The newer models, being more reliable, can cope better

2. (Not my theory) I'm pretty sure within the launch week R* advised people to only install the install disc (disc 1?) and not both as it would cause problems with the game.

3. (again not my theory) It's something to do with the RAM 

4. Scratched disk

5. conflicting or damaged data

6. Back in the tow truck days me and my friends experience freezes frequently. As you can tell by the date that I joined this forum I wasn't on here to see if others had the problem so I don't know if this was an isolated problem or a bigger group of people. If you haven't already guessed the tow trucks cause the freezing in these days.

Anyway, not as related to the quote but still related, Youtube channels that will make a video about anything and everything *cough* Machinima, IGN *cough* aren't reporting about mass freezes in GTA it's safe to say it isn't the game. Not to mention Youtubers that do a lot of GTA related stuff online (the guys at CVG, Vanos, Dom, BossFTW, James, iCrazyTeddy, ect..) don't have the problem of freezing and if they do freeze it isn't as bad as people make it out to be on here.

Not to mention if it was the game and it was as bad as people make it out to be then my longest session wouldn't be over and hour, hell it wouldn't be over 30 mins.

If you really think it's the game and it bugs you then stop playing it.

If you're going to complain that you shouldn't stop playing because you've spent money on it then sell the game.

Let's call it just unfortunate that the limitations of 8 year old hardware is being exposed by GTA V and having a negative impact on playing experience.

• TimmyM56, am30 and TheMcSame like this

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

I have a fat ps3, one of the first ones, got it second hand bout 3 year ago and it works fine. Only issues i have are internet related i.e being too far from source. And even if i could not get online i paid the £40 for single player, online was a free bonus.

Actually, the game was advertised for the Online.

This is wrong,  

TimmyM56
  • TimmyM56

January 27th can't come soon enough.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Anyone know how the PC petition is coming along?

Pro GTA V coming to PC: 722,285 signatures

Anti GTA V coming to PC: 12,457 signatures

Lmao try harder console losers. 

Last time I checked the game is already on consoles.

Consoles - 1

PC - 0

Implying that it won't come to PC is illogical thinking, every other main GTA has been on PC. 

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Why do yall find the most small stupid sh*t to argue about? 

• xoC18H21NO3xo and am30 like this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

i have seen how the game froze on the exactly same spot on two completely different systems, accounts and locations (even a different provider). so its probably not the ps3 but the servers/game.
but freezes are a rare thing to me. no need to sign anything.

autobot_hotwire
  • autobot_hotwire

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

One of the recent patches caused the freezing issue. It was either 1.10 or 1.11. Before one of these patches were introduced I didn't get freezes or texture bugs. Sometimes going full speed the cities textures load so slowly where the road just disappears. It's either the servers or some sort of bug introduced in one of the recent patches.

Looks like the Rockstar defense force is out. It's always pathetic when gamers defend developers like they are a family member. It's your ps3, It's your ISP, lol.

Perhaps the patch added something that your console can't handle?  That would make everything line up now, wouldn't it?  The problem that R* has, just like any other company with this kind of problem is, it's pretty user specific.  That means what's causing your console to freeze may not necessarily cause mine to freeze and vice versa.  There are a lot of people playing this game and each player presents something of their own unique challenges.  That makes it a very hard problem to fix.

I'm curious, though. Have you tried any of the fixes others have mentioned?  Cleaning the dust out of your PS3, checking your internet connection, etc.?

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

MISUNDERSTOOD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

you wont believe what just happened............after a failed survival, i got into a public session for over an hour..

and it didnt freeze! 

yay.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

im not buying any more rockstar games. they trolled us hard with this game.

rockstar had so much support from the community before this game was released. even with most of their games ending up hacked to pieces. pushing the limits on the console and online being a separate game, its just a way of saying we pretty much knew this game wasn't going to work for a lot of people. then the constant nerfing, reducing payouts, giving the ai better aim, changing missions, disabling replay and share cash. and still no word about the heist other than coming soon while promoting crews with svg emblems and people like domislive.

even if you are completely riding rockstar's dick you got to admit they took a lot of the fun out of this game for no reason. f*ck paying 5000 dollars for a few minutes of not having the cops kill you because you were randomly given a wanted level for walking too close to an npc.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

rockstar had so much support from the community before this game was released. even with most of their games ending up hacked to pieces. pushing the limits on the console and online being a separate game, its just a way of saying we pretty much knew this game wasn't going to work for a lot of people. then the constant nerfing, reducing payouts, giving the ai better aim, changing missions, disabling replay and share cash. and still no word about the heist other than coming soon while promoting crews with svg emblems and people like domislive.

even if you are completely riding rockstar's dick you got to admit they took a lot of the fun out of this game for no reason. f*ck paying 5000 dollars for a few minutes of not having the cops kill you because you were randomly given a wanted level for walking too close to an npc.

No they didn't and the game is still fun , though I would say expecting any game to still be fun after playing it for  nearly 8 months is asking a bit much.

• TheBhoys2011 likes this

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

MISUNDERSTOOD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

No they didn't

yes they did.    theyre on the list.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

No they didn't

They've not trolled me or anyone I know.  maybe time to stop playing the victim.

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

MISUNDERSTOOD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

No they didn't

maybe time to stop playing the victim.

oh im not gonna be the victim here buddy

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

No they didn't

maybe time to stop playing the victim.

oh im not gonna be the victim here buddy

Well explain how we have all been troled then?  If anything the game has been over-hyped, not by Rockstar.

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

It does freeze and/or disconnect a lot.  That's just true.

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

Pro Racer |2-1 Ratio|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:19 PM Edited by ~Joseph~, 26 May 2014 - 10:19 PM.

They dont fix anything that doesnt affect cash card sales

• who-dat likes this

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Tell Rockstar that if they do not at least ACKNOWLEDGE the problem and fix it, then this WILL be the last Rockstar game you buy.

I'd sign the petition, but I'm already done with cockstar.

This is why I will never give them another cent.

I'll sign

where should i sign?

im not buying any more rockstar games.

You are all full of shit. On the day that GTA VI is released you will all be right there waiving your cash around and trying to get your grubby hands on it. You know it, we know it and Rockstar knows it as well. You can deny it all you want but we all know its true. Now since you all don't like to be called out for the hypocrites that you are im sure I will face a flurry of abuse because of this post - but I don't care because im right.

So sign your petitions and spout out your rhetoric but you are only wasting your time. Rockstar doesn't care about you, and neither do we.
  • darkwar854, RowanSane and LuapYllier like this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Anyone know how the PC petition is coming along?

Pro GTA V coming to PC: 722,285 signatures

Anti GTA V coming to PC: 12,457 signatures

Lmao try harder console losers. 

Last time I checked the game is already on consoles.

Consoles - 1

PC - 0

Implying that it won't come to PC is illogical thinking, every other main GTA has been on PC. 

It'll probably be announced at E3 along with PS4 and Xbox One versions. If they announce a PS4/One version and not a PC, then you know they don't intend to release it.

That being said, Rockstar have ignored PC's with their last batch of games, so in all honesty, it wouldn't shock me if doesn't get released.

• who-dat likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

Send a message to Rockstar by joining the group of players who are tired of the crap performance of this game.

Tell Rockstar that if they do not at least ACKNOWLEDGE the problem and fix it, then this WILL be the last Rockstar game you buy. 

I have already seen enough, and am not wasting anymore of my time with anything else Rockstar releases, that's my decision. They clearly do not know how to make multiplayer online games work. That doesn't help me much for the $40 I spent for this game, but I can say I won't be fooled into spending another $40-60 for anything else from Rockstar Games.

If they don't do something in the near future about the absolute crap performance issues with the connections/freezing then I will do my part to make GTAO a ghost town by spending my game time playing a game that actually works properly. I have already cleared game utility data, reloaded patches, put my PS3 in a DMZ, tried mutliple DNS addresses...I have a FiOS ISP...so it ISN'T me. I do not have these problems with other games.

How many more of you are sick of the freezing, the constant timed out failures, the rooms dumping upon launch, being kicked offline into SP mode, not being able to connect to games that just sent you an invite, etc etc etc....? LET YOURSELVES BE KNOWN

They are not going to be able to fix freezing on the PS3.

Its the same reason DCUO was unable to fix it on PS3, because the PS3 Ram is trash... These games rely on RAM, & frankly the freezing will never end until this game is on the next gen. It always makes me laugh when people say its not going to next-gen, because there is no way Rockstar create a game which pushes the limit of the current technology to the point of game crashes, which they should & would have known from DCUO, without adding scope for a Next-gen version. 

GTAO is a concept, much like DCUO which can be easily transferred to the next-gen consoles without the need for any discs and what not. The sooner they pull their finger out & give us the download on PS4, the sooner I can blow up my PS3 & be done with it. 

As for signing a petition for something which they cannot control, dont make me laugh.

Dont know what DCUO is but sure they can fix the freezing, it never happened before patch 1.11!  It clearly isnt easy but 1.12 was unplayable for me with way more unknown network errors and freezing far more often with less time between each freeze, this patch is a lot better so far.  This weekend has had the most problems with only one freeze and no unknown network errors occurring before then but its still not happening near as often as it was in 1.12 every day.

DCUO is DC Universe Online, a video game on PS3. 

And you misunderstand, They absolutely cannot fix freezing, the game has been freezing since day 1, sure not as much as post 1.13, but thatll be due to ironing out some code or something  no doubt. But I will tell you once more, they cannot fix freezing entirely, its impossible on this system. The PS3 only has a quarter of a Gig in RAM, probbaly less than that for games seen as theres always a certain amount dedicated to the system. DCUO has experienced freezing for years on PS3, because the game was so huge that it relied on a solid amount of RAM, GTA Online is no different. 

Now that DCUO is on PS4, it has no freezing issues causing by lack of RAM, it will occasionaly have a system crash which is caused by bugs in the PS4/ and PS4 version of DCUO, which is understandable as they are still , lets say fine tuning their systems with the new PS4. But there are absolutely no RAM related crashes & freezes, which is precisely what GTA freezes are caused by right now.

What kind of rubbish is this, freezing has nothing to do with system performance. Commodore 64s could run a bulletin board with multiple connections 24/7 without freezing for months.. years even. With 64k of ram :). Anything can run flat out 24/7 without an issue so long as the code itself isn't broken. Hardware doesn't freeze. End of story. The PS3 is still a very fast system when it's all said and done. Run a desktop Linux on one and you'll see.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

Last I checked, they wouldn't bother releasing on PC due to pirated copies, and tiny playerbase compared to console.  I expect them to release it on current gen before pc.

I won't derail the topic any further than this, but you were already thoroughly disproved in other threads. You really need to stop being such a stubborn and ignorant individual. But if you really want to be known as that guy, well, it's your choice to make.

I can't be disproved.  Until it comes out for PC, i'll be right.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Have you tried clearing your cache?  Sometimes this does a world of good after so many title updates and patches to other games you might be playing.  

I was having trouble just a few days ago with connection issues, but after I cleared my cache I only froze one time in my last two sessions.  That might be a record for this game.  lol

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

Without a petition linked in the op this is completely useless. Not that I'd sign it anyway but seriously....
"Everyone sign a petition that doesn't exist".
:facedesk:

V HoneyBadger V
  • V HoneyBadger V

Ratel

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

What we actually need is a petition for Rockstar to release some content that doesn't get boring after two minutes. Here's a few cars and some clothing. Now wait another month or so for the next batch of rubbish.

We were promised so much for the Online portion of the game. Remember when we were told about how the world would be constantly evolving and dynamic? Not to mention the heap of ideas that Rockstar have?
All we get is some re skinned vehicles and some male suits.

I freeze occasionally, but not enough to care.

TheBhoys2011
  • TheBhoys2011

Deathmatch + Capture Creator

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

Without a petition linked in the op this is completely useless. Not that I'd sign it anyway but seriously....
"Everyone sign a petition that doesn't exist".
:facedesk:

yeh or we all walk lmao OP

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

Yeah. It's pretty much a badass game as it is. So quit your whining.

2muchtime
  • 2muchtime

VP of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

Signed.... It's been ridiculous since patch 1.11 - I won't be shocked again when it STILL freezes after the next update, 1.14.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

The game Isn't that bad, I rarely ever freeze up and Haven't for several days now. They sell cash packs to help fund future updates for GTAO, tho these modders are killing it.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Send a message to Rockstar by joining the group of players who are tired of the crap performance of this game.

I have already seen enough, and am not wasting anymore of my time with anything else Rockstar releases, that's my decision. They clearly do not know how to make multiplayer online games work. That doesn't help me much for the $40 I spent for this game, but I can say I won't be fooled into spending another $40-60 for anything else from Rockstar Games.

If they don't do something in the near future about the absolute crap performance issues with the connections/freezing then I will do my part to make GTAO a ghost town by spending my game time playing a game that actually works properly. I have already cleared game utility data, reloaded patches, put my PS3 in a DMZ, tried mutliple DNS addresses...I have a FiOS ISP...so it ISN'T me. I do not have these problems with other games.

How many more of you are sick of the freezing, the constant timed out failures, the rooms dumping upon launch, being kicked offline into SP mode, not being able to connect to games that just sent you an invite, etc etc etc....? LET YOURSELVES BE KNOWN

They are not going to be able to fix freezing on the PS3.

Its the same reason DCUO was unable to fix it on PS3, because the PS3 Ram is trash... These games rely on RAM, & frankly the freezing will never end until this game is on the next gen. It always makes me laugh when people say its not going to next-gen, because there is no way Rockstar create a game which pushes the limit of the current technology to the point of game crashes, which they should & would have known from DCUO, without adding scope for a Next-gen version. 

GTAO is a concept, much like DCUO which can be easily transferred to the next-gen consoles without the need for any discs and what not. The sooner they pull their finger out & give us the download on PS4, the sooner I can blow up my PS3 & be done with it. 

As for signing a petition for something which they cannot control, dont make me laugh.

Dont know what DCUO is but sure they can fix the freezing, it never happened before patch 1.11!  It clearly isnt easy but 1.12 was unplayable for me with way more unknown network errors and freezing far more often with less time between each freeze, this patch is a lot better so far.  This weekend has had the most problems with only one freeze and no unknown network errors occurring before then but its still not happening near as often as it was in 1.12 every day.

DCUO is DC Universe Online, a video game on PS3. 

And you misunderstand, They absolutely cannot fix freezing, the game has been freezing since day 1, sure not as much as post 1.13, but thatll be due to ironing out some code or something  no doubt. But I will tell you once more, they cannot fix freezing entirely, its impossible on this system. The PS3 only has a quarter of a Gig in RAM, probbaly less than that for games seen as theres always a certain amount dedicated to the system. DCUO has experienced freezing for years on PS3, because the game was so huge that it relied on a solid amount of RAM, GTA Online is no different. 

Now that DCUO is on PS4, it has no freezing issues causing by lack of RAM, it will occasionaly have a system crash which is caused by bugs in the PS4/ and PS4 version of DCUO, which is understandable as they are still , lets say fine tuning their systems with the new PS4. But there are absolutely no RAM related crashes & freezes, which is precisely what GTA freezes are caused by right now.

What kind of rubbish is this, freezing has nothing to do with system performance. Commodore 64s could run a bulletin board with multiple connections 24/7 without freezing for months.. years even. With 64k of ram :). Anything can run flat out 24/7 without an issue so long as the code itself isn't broken. Hardware doesn't freeze. End of story. The PS3 is still a very fast system when it's all said and done. Run a desktop Linux on one and you'll see.

You are one of those people that sees "Wet paint" & still touches it aren't you... 

Its been noted for years that the issue with the top end games has been RAM for the PS3. I don't know if you've just been under a rock, Nvm an aussie so that ones self explanatory. 

Anyway, maybe you should do some research, its well documented & has been since about 2011, 3 major title games I can think of which back that up are DCUO, Skyrim & GTA 5. Have  a look around, there's plenty to see.

• marco-polo likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

I don't know if you've just been under a rock, Nvm an aussie so that ones self explanatory.

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

Signed.

the_warbsta
  • the_warbsta

Cash Cards. Get Angry.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

I don't think they will give a sh*t, a couple hundred sales doesn't mean much to a company that made a billion after 3 days of game release

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users