How to take a photo of the green goo without cheats

8 replies to this topic
RazMatazz69
  • RazMatazz69

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

As far as I know this is a brand new trick never talked about before:  How to get rid of the jet pack to take a picture of the green goo for my photo gallery and still pass the mission?  Pretty simple, really!

When the mission begins, follow the train and kill all the soldiers.  Then fly to San Fiero to the crane in Easter Basin and stand in the red marker.  Follow the instruction to enter the crane.  When you exit the crane, the jet pack will be gone.

Next, run over to the NRG bike under the hangar nearby and head to the train station across the street from the garage safe house and stand over the train tunnel.  When the train pulls through, jump on and make your way to the container with the green goo and snap your picture.  After snapping your pic, grab a vehicle and take the green goo to the Truth to pass the mission.  Enjoy!!!

• King Andreas likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

What fun. I'm a big fan of green goo. Did you try the cranes in LV? The closest is probably in the quarry.

And after all that, you need to post the pic!

RazMatazz69
  • RazMatazz69

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

What fun. I'm a big fan of green goo. Did you try the cranes in LV? The closest is probably in the quarry.

Unfortunately, I don't have the device I need to post the pic but someday soon.  The crane at the quarry is closer and there is a bike down there, but you still have to get ahead of the train to jump on.  Anyway, it's a nice pic with a tank and a dead soldier in the background.  Hope to get it posted soon.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

Use https://imgur.com/

How far will the train travel before the mission fails?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:31 AM Edited by OrionSR, 26 May 2014 - 07:31 AM.

Ah, I get it now. You might be able to get from the quarry to the tunnel near Toreno's ranch but it's be quite a race. The drydock crane allows you to let the train come to you.

Getting a photo out of a PS2 gallery can be tricky business. And iirc, working with a whole gallery can be difficult as all the photos are in one long image, like it's out of a photo booth.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by King Andreas, 26 May 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Don't bother with the quarry crane. For some reason, it rendered me unable to get on a motocycle or enter a vehicle. There was no way I could run to a suitable area before time passed. On the contrary, using the crane at the docks didn't hinder me from getting on the NRG-500.

Thus far, my photo gallery consists of the corpses of named characters (Marco Forelli, Snakehead, Kane, Benny, Andre, Little Weasel, Fuhrberger, Freddy, Dereck, Jizzy, Pulaski, Big Smoke) and now this green goo. Some of the named characters (Ryder, Poppa, T-bone, Alan Crawford) I couldn't get for obvious reasons.

I just noticed the title says "without cheats" with the main post saying "still pass the mission", so this implies there is another unmentioned method. That leads me to a question: What is this other method?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

I would imagine it makes sense to do so in Easter Basin (or Doherty) as the train is heading that direction and the spot behind the Xoomer gas station is easy to jump onto the train afterwards. Sure if you do so at the quarry, get on the train by Toreno's ranch but there's a lot of obstacles to get there.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

Is the "goo" alien larva?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

There is a much closer and more simple way to ditch the jetpack in the Green Goo mission. If you head to Fort Carson, on the northwest side there is a vending machine. While you fly towards it and are about to land in front of it, about a foot or 2 above ground, press the exit vehicle button and it drops CJ from the jetpack. Some people have had difficulties with this. I'm not sure if it's the differences in game systems - I use original Xbox - or if it's just a lack of understanding of the method.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users