A question about Rooftop Rumble.

27 replies to this topic
DiegoWolfwood
  • DiegoWolfwood

RauUtu

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

I get invited to this mission quite often and am more than happy to tag along to help get my levels up. One thing I have been noticing a LOT lately, is the mission failing due to the document being destroyed. I was just in a party of 4 and we attempted it 4 times in a row and we got this failure each time. How exactly did the document get destroyed?

I know that blowing up the car with the guy in it will destroy it, but this is happening before he even appears.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Biased towards women in real life photoshoots too

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:02 AM

Sometimes the documents are in one of the cars that re-enforcements show up in. There are three random spawns for the documents. 

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:02 AM

Mission seems to be pretty temperamental. There is a recent thread discussing this and other glitches others are experiencing with it.

Ooops I Pooped
  • Ooops I Pooped

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Also, i understand you mean before the document car even spawns, but the car with the documents is REALLY weak. I was just playing, put about a clip into the back part of the car, like the upper half, and it blew up. NO reason that should happen if the bullets are only hitting the frame

• Fearx-- likes this

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Also, i understand you mean before the document car even spawns, but the car with the documents is REALLY weak. I was just playing, put about a clip into the back part of the car, like the upper half, and it blew up. NO reason that should happen if the bullets are only hitting the frame

We've noticed that, AP Pistol into the roof and it explodes, like the fuel tank is up there :lol:

DiegoWolfwood
  • DiegoWolfwood

RauUtu

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

We've noticed that, AP Pistol into the roof and it explodes, like the fuel tank is up there :lol:

Yeah this happened to me once, I was a bit flabbergasted.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by LoonySpangles, 25 May 2014 - 11:40 AM.

RR is now full of glitches which I suspect are deliberate.

Documents being destroyed are very common now, even though they haven't even spawned on the little map.

I take care killing people in the cars, not going mental with a minigun....go gentle, not mental.

Although shooting at a windscreen, with a little hand gun, can blow a car up, which is quite realistic, I must say.

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

Running for Carrots

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Solution - just play Coveted or Potshot. It's not that hard.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

Solution - just play Coveted or Potshot. It's not that hard.

alternate solution - just go around the free play world for 20mins with a tank. Interesting how many red dots turn passive.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

RR is now full of glitches which I suspect are deliberate.

Documents being destroyed are very common now, even though they haven't even spawned on the little map.

I take care killing people in the cars, not going mental with a minigun....go gentle, not mental.

Although shooting at a windscreen, with a little hand gun, can blow a car up, which is quite realistic, I must say.

Finally... someone opened their eyes.

And yep, so uh.... Recently when I join random, instead of 2 reinforcement, another Granger comes up. And usually that's a bad news - Mission Failed "Document was Destroyed" when we killed two of the 3 packs.

The latest experiment I shoot 4 Heavy Pistol bullets to the roof and it exploded. Last time at least I could empty a magazine of Heavy Pistol. That's why I made a tip about how safe is using Heavy Pistol. And this means no other than the car to be deliberately set to be low at health value.

Funny right? Someone make a game but instead of giving a balance of 50:50 or 60:40 chance of winning, they make it 10:90 chance of winning. That's just happen, you know. I was working in a small start-up mobile game company and everytime we have meeting about level design and balance, people are pulling ideas to how screw players up. Those idiots never liked me when I remind them that we're not here to make people frustrated because of constant losing and under-rewarded in the game to force them to throw money at us.

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

They are suicide bombers ... ahh its all so clear now ...

GTA Online is burning out anyway, improper balance, riddled with bugs and that strange freeze during any point in the game.

No new female clothing in High Life update? Oh f off.

Level 120+ players are in abundance, but what are they doing exactly with all that "power"?

Rather than experimenting with the RR randomness, trying to figure out the logic, I just chase bounties and red dots, far more fun, for me personally.

Racing occassionally with "smash me all over the road coz im winning" players and TDM with unbalanced 2v5 setups.

Yeah GTA!!!

• luisniko likes this

Fearx--
  • Fearx--

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Even a clip with a ordinary pistol is enough to blow it up into smithereens. 

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

In my experience the Micro SMG seems to do the least amount of damage while also killing the driver if you get right behind the car and shoot through the back window for a headshot.

Still, I really hate how they changed the mission to make it fail easier. Making it tougher is all well and good but this feels like sabotage of the most popular mission. I just really wish they would up the payout to some of the other +75 missions so we don't have to put up with this all the time.

WOTN Fearless
  • WOTN Fearless

President Of WOTN

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

I get invited to this mission quite often and am more than happy to tag along to help get my levels up. One thing I have been noticing a LOT lately, is the mission failing due to the document being destroyed. I was just in a party of 4 and we attempted it 4 times in a row and we got this failure each time. How exactly did the document get destroyed?

I know that blowing up the car with the guy in it will destroy it, but this is happening before he even appears.

There are easier ways to do it. Just do this.

You can sneak in and Judo chop them without them noticing. You can do it with one or more people. Just make sure you don't have a weapon equipped.

areksoo
  • areksoo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

There are easier ways to do it. Just do this.

You can sneak in and Judo chop them without them noticing. You can do it with one or more people. Just make sure you don't have a weapon equipped.

You know they changed the mission right?

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

When the 2 backup cars come from the west, do not attack them.

The Online Gamer
  • The Online Gamer

I'm a rebel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Yeah this happened to me once, I was a bit flabbergasted.
Cheval Fugitives come with 60 gallon fuel tanks that run along the roof of the car...
Lol

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

you will never get the glitch if you arrive at the location triggering the marker before you start killing people.  also do not use explosives, every random idiot always gets trigger happy with the rockets and the grenades and blows everything up often destroying the documents in the process.  also if you fail the mission pick continue, not restart R2, using R2 restart is bugged and will cause you to fail the mission every time if you use it if youve failed the mission due to destroying the document.  it will usually work correctly if you only fail it the first time cause everyone dies but if you use R2 twice in a row it will always fail with a strange error and will do so every time you restart it after that.  you much then exit to free mode and start the mission again to load a non corrupt version.  most people do not understand this and they always use restart and they never pass it and then they think rockstars out to get them when in reality they are just morons who dont know how to play the mission correctly to pass it the first time and do not understand its using the r2 feature that causes the error not rockstar trying to prevent their dumb asses from playing it, lol!

N_Thomas74
  • N_Thomas74

Oh Yeah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

Just don't blow up the last three cars. Just go wait on the bridge until it says that the document has been dropped.

You don't even have to kill the guys in the last 2 cars. Its super easy if you know what you're doing.

I find it easier to do solo than to have to restart cause of some noob with grenades.
  • iDyn3x and sultangris like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

Just don't blow up the last three cars. Just go wait on the bridge until it says that the document has been dropped.

You don't even have to kill the guys in the last 2 cars. Its super easy if you know what you're doing.

I find it easier to do solo than to have to restart cause of some noob with grenades.

exactly, its funny so many people are crying so hard about it.  in my opinion it didnt get any harder or much longer to complete, adding perhaps 30 seconds at most, lol!

iDyn3x
  • iDyn3x

Got Strafe?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

^These dudes win^

Usually though, to make it a bit quicker, I let my crew deal with the garage.  I either(if we start far) call my chopper then, or go to the bridge n call.  I've noticed, if you're not too far up the bridge, the car won't spawn in that damn alley spot.  You can cover the bridge, and all the intersection spawns, from where you are.  Since I've employed this, he's only escaped when he spawns in the alley driving under the bridge. 

Not sure why I randomly see inconsistent spawns from the ones I mentioned.  I was thinking it may be some kind of dynamic spawn system as a couple times now, We've all pulled out to the bridge, and he spawns in the alley, or by the parking entrance(the only places we can't see/aren't near).

DiegoWolfwood
  • DiegoWolfwood

RauUtu

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

What a load of awful glitches! I just did 8+ in a row with a fail every time. Must be the restart glitch you mentioned.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

What a load of awful glitches! I just did 8+ in a row with a fail every time. Must be the restart glitch you mentioned.

yup.  Ive never been able to pass a mission using R2 restart if failed more than once or failed at all with the strange error you get when you kill people before you trigger the marker that starts the script and turns the enemies all red and puts them in motion if its a mission where you gotta chase something.  

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Honestly, 80% of the failed RR I joined had nobody using explosives anymore. So yeah, again, it's either the professional don't spawn and mission failed, granger guy showed up alongside the two then mission failed, or professional get grilled then mission failed.

Explosive users are history.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Honestly, 80% of the failed RR I joined had nobody using explosives anymore. So yeah, again, it's either the professional don't spawn and mission failed, granger guy showed up alongside the two then mission failed, or professional get grilled then mission failed.

Explosive users are history.

Are any of those fails after using R2 restart? cause if you fail with an error and the use R2 to restart it 100% of them will fail, haha!

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

Running for Carrots

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Does R2 restart work for Coveted?

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

I stopped playing GTAO right after High Life when I noticed this RR problem which seemed to be pushing folks towards cash cards, but I shall return when (or if) they release Heists to check out the payouts. If they are still crappy, I am moving on.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Does R2 restart work for Coveted?

never used it for that but it should at least the first time you use it.  I dont think there is really any way to f*ck up coveted unless you die so it shouldnt, haha!  I havent ever used too many times in a row but for one of the new missions they release we didnt have enough people or know where anything was so we all died and restarted 2x and the 3rd time we didnt die but got a weird error kinda like what you get if the documents in RR are destroyed and we didnt do anything to cause it.  4th and 5th time were the same so we went to free mode and loaded it again and it worked so it seems to me that repeated use of r2 when failing missions somehow corrupts the mission and makes it impossible to pass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users