Photo

The "buy all ammo" button is a scam

67 replies to this topic
Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:46 AM

Yes it is bugged - my point, I have almost 9999k ammo in all guns - at most it should cost maybe $1k and it is telling me to buy all ammo for $30k (last session) - I made a post on the support forums but R* (as usual) removed it. 

Relative007
  • Relative007

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

Never had any issues whatsoever. 

What most complaining are likely overlooking is that they have dropped a certain weapon of a certain class (i.e SMG) and IT USES DIFFERENT BULLETS to other weapons of its class and for this reason it is asking you to completely re-stock to 9999 ammo. Most of the time I play RR I pick up an SMG and as it uses different ammo to the MG/Combat MG/Sweeper,so it will say my ammo bill is ~19,000 until I drop it again. 

joshjda
  • joshjda

some guy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

it maxes all ammo to 9999 then no matter what different weapons you use you can get all the ammo in 1 buy rather then 6 guns individually.

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

What most complaining are likely overlooking is that they have dropped a certain weapon of a certain class (i.e SMG) and IT USES DIFFERENT BULLETS to other weapons of its class and for this reason it is asking you to completely re-stock to 9999 ammo. Most of the time I play RR I pick up an SMG and as it uses different ammo to the MG/Combat MG/Sweeper,so it will say my ammo bill is ~19,000 until I drop it again. 

Glad I'm not the only one who suffers from that, sure my girls a damn Kleptomaniac...

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

This is a load of crap - I tested it - I dropped all smg's  - I never carry any and still the same result - Also - MG/Combat MG/Sweeper - all use the same ammo - do some research before talking rubbish. 

ktek01
  • ktek01

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Just change your starting weapon and buy ammo for each to see if it is wrong, I never go to Ammunation to buy ammo. Mine is usually 10-20k first mission from getting into battles in free roam. 

Sunnycyde
  • Sunnycyde

Certified Plastic

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

I rarely go to gun store as I just quick start a job, buy all amunation, then quit the job lobby. Prices always seem right to me. Quick and easy.

RocketSquirrel
  • RocketSquirrel

Jazz Hands!

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Never thought about it.  Always top off at the start of a mission...

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

This is a load of crap - I tested it - I dropped all smg's  - I never carry any and still the same result - Also - MG/Combat MG/Sweeper - all use the same ammo - do some research before talking rubbish. 

I have found that this might be my issue.  I only checked once and when they wanted to charge me 20K I did have a f*cking smg, didnt but the ammo, dropped the gun and went back to buy all ammo and it was 1000 bucks. however this bug has happened to me multiple times and Ive only dropped it once and do not currently have the smg so its picking up, buying the ammo and then dropping itself, possibly when changing sessions?  Not quite sure.  at any rate i know ive wasted lots of money on ammo that i never got to shoot, lol

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Just shred

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

I just tend to buy ammo from Ammu-nation or for each individual gun. I never use buy all ammo because as for certain guns I never use them, so no point buying ammo for something I am never going to use.

Unless you're still carrying those guns you don't use, you wouldn't be refilling their ammo anyway.

I do carry those guns though, thats why I dont use the 'buy all ammo' option.

If you never use the guns, then you never use the ammo and you never have to pay for ammo you don't use. Of course all ammo is a misnomer anyway. When you use an SMG, you use ALL the ammo for SMG's. While you can buy ammo for each weapon, you dont actually have to. You can buy sniper ammo for one gun and both guns utilize it. Same with pistol ammo or any other. 

Buy all is one of the few things they did right. It allows for easier access to what you need and that is never a bad thing. Hell even if your just free roaming, you can quick start a mission and get ammo and back to free roam faster than you can drive to Ammunation, especially if your in the middle of nowhere or just cant be bothered to jump through the Ammunation hoop. As someone else said "A 'buy all" button in Ammunation is whats needed.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

My only complaint is it doesn't fill up the jerry can.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Mines on ~380k... lol

Forager
  • Forager

No Count A$$hole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

I'm sure you know this, but if you are killed in free roam or on a mission, there is an ammo penalty that goes along with it. 

If you died on a mission and are "loading up" for the next, and you think you paid too much, it's probably because you lost a life on the previous mission.

BigStu4q
  • BigStu4q

Ride or Die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

all my guns are maxed out, and i only keep the best of each gun class and i've never had an issue with it

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

my issue was that i dropped sh*tty guns i dont need but somehow was picking them up again, like the smg which has its own ammo type.  I dropped them all cause they are all worthless so then when i accidentally picked one up it needs 9999 ammo, which is expensive.  then its apparently treated like a weapon you pickup in a survival, you lose it when you change sessions which was causing my issue intermittently as i never used it i wasnt realizing i was picking it up and then buying its ammo and then switchin sessions and losing it all.  other people may have different issues with it, but im pretty sure that was the reason mine would want to charge me 19K when i didnt hardly use any ammo at all.  I saw it wanted 19K, backed out, dropped the smg and went back in and it only wanted a few hundred.

• MadHaTT3R likes this

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:30 AM

The buy all button scammed me a couple of times also. It made me pay for full grenade launcher ammo and when I got into the match I only had half.

LogScottWood
  • LogScottWood

The People's Favourite

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

Anyone ever bought something from We Are Electticals? Now they're scam artists.

zoobulon
  • zoobulon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

I use it to keep in touch how wasteful I'm being with ammo. Hard to do a survival for less than $3k. Can do coveted for under $300.

ctan800
  • ctan800

Hot-Headed Beat Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

It appears on a mission screen before you start - it is telling me to buy all ammo for $20k but I checked my ammo for all my guns before to test it - I had almost full ammo in all my guns including rockets and grenades and the most it would cost would maybe be 3 or $4k - but why the hell is the buy all ammo button quoting me $26k there is no way it costs that much to max out my ammo - Have R* done this on purpose or is it a mistake - try it.  

Found out the first time Buy All Ammo came out. Lost $40,000 on my old toon.

On my new character I individually Buy All Ammo on the weapons I need. Like my MG (only Rank 52), Grenades, Stickies, and Tear Gas (great backup option or to flush bounties hiding under bridges, it eventually kills them). 

Buy 1000 more rounds for my sniper and I am good to go in busting heads. 

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

#paletostrong

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

I've never had an issue with this. I always, always keep a full supply of ammo. Each time I start a mission or whatever I top it off "just in case" you never know when you are gonna blow through like 20 thousand rounds of ammunition. Anywho... when I do top off it rarely goes over a few thousand bucks, and over ten is very rare unless I was explosive happy.

Mavric_BAss
  • Mavric_BAss

Player Hater

• New Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:21 AM Edited by Mavric_BAss, 09 June 2014 - 12:21 AM.

I noticed after a completed gang attack I picked up all the weapons and ammo lying around a couple of mins later i got a job invite and then  accepted the job invite and notice that too get full ammo it was like $120,000 approx now I usually drop the weapons I don't use as I find that when hit my weapon wheel its never on my fav weapon. So I wonder if all the extra weapons I picked up caused it to glitch??

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

I noticed after a completed gang attack I picked up all the weapons and ammo lying around a couple of mins later i got a job invite and then  accepted the job invite and notice that too get full ammo it was like $120,000 approx now I usually drop the weapons I don't use as I find that when hit my weapon wheel its never on my fav weapon. So I wonder if all the extra weapons I picked up caused it to glitch??

pretty sure. even though the smg and micro smg are on the same slot at the combat mg they use different ammo apparently, after i dropped them the price was more what i was expecting.  I had assumed as some fella said above that they use the same ammo, but apparently they do not, or else there is a bug with them that makes you buy it twice when you pick one up.  ive not tested it any further but its happened to me twice now where I know it should be under a thousand for ammo used and its been showing around 20K, both times i backed out and noticed i had picked up a weapon that I had previously dropped.  Dropped it again and went back and it was under 1000 as expected. I used to just buy it and not care much as it didnt happen often and 1 three minute mission pretty well covers it but now im trying to save up for something so i watch it more carefully, lol!

EhDubYuh
  • EhDubYuh

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

I actually love this feature.

I've never really had problems with it though, so maybe that makes me biased.

I just find it convenient. I've bought all the guns and I keep them full.

So what if I have 9999 heavy sniper bullets.

My only concern then is reloading. I'll NEVER run out during a fight.

I like that you really get to see how much ammo free roam/missions can use when you're using "Buy All".

I'm definitely a penny pincher though, so I'll do everything I can to take you out with just guns.

If I'm bored, or just being an ass though... sometimes 25 sticky bombs just isn't enough.

But that gets expensive. Fast.

Sucks it's not as fun for you, but I'm happy we have the option lol

• We Are Ninja and MadHaTT3R like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

I'm so mean I top up on uzi ammo for my smgs (love that assault smg!) and sns ammo for all my pistols - lots cheaper!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

I'm so mean I top up on uzi ammo for my smgs (love that assault smg!) and sns ammo for all my pistols - lots cheaper!

how does that make you mean? lol

AhmadJ
  • AhmadJ

Prankster

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Maybe just maybe it's just U!

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

I don't think its a scam, its easy to underestimate how much ammo you don't have, especially when the option replenishes grenades and all kinds of sh*t like that. Although to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 'convenience charge' for using the buy all ammo option, but I doubt it. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

I don't think its a scam, its easy to underestimate how much ammo you don't have, especially when the option replenishes grenades and all kinds of sh*t like that. Although to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 'convenience charge' for using the buy all ammo option, but I doubt it. 

its also pretty easy to understand how much you actually do have cause you can look at it.  Plus when youve played the game for 8 months you know how much ammo you use and notice sudden major price differences.  My heavy sniper disappeared once, not exactly sure how, i never dropped it and as its my most used weapon so i keep a pretty close eye on it, lol! lots around 9K of ammo for it, that was expensive, grr!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

OK after patch 1.14 I constantly have this bug now, it thinks my mini gun ammo is empty but it's not. Anyone else? Know how to fix?

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

I shot 2 rounds from my pistol and it costs me 24$ at ammunation but with the "purchase all ammo" button it costs 56$  wtf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users