Photo

The "buy all ammo" button is a scam

67 replies to this topic
Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

It appears on a mission screen before you start - it is telling me to buy all ammo for $20k but I checked my ammo for all my guns before to test it - I had almost full ammo in all my guns including rockets and grenades and the most it would cost would maybe be 3 or $4k - but why the hell is the buy all ammo button quoting me $26k there is no way it costs that much to max out my ammo - Have R* done this on purpose or is it a mistake - try it.  

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

It's always worked fine for me.

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

Kalemc
  • Kalemc

Talking butthole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

Pointless sh*t is pointless

King Sombra
  • King Sombra

Ruler of the Crystal Empire

• New Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:00 AM Edited by King Sombra, 25 May 2014 - 12:50 AM.

Why would anyone even bother to use that option?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

it usually works correctly but occasionally it is way off and im not sure what exactly causes it, but i use it all the time and only get screwed maybe 10 percent of the time, haha! Its much faster and easier than individually buying ammo for each gun and i go through lots of ammo regularly.

• kilopm and Eqaulo like this

Ooops I Pooped
  • Ooops I Pooped

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

I hate that option so much. Sometimes ill accidentally just hit it or something thinking im hitting continue and boop, there goes 100K lol

• Defender1904 likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

nah, if its over like 10K or something it makes you confirm you wanna spend that much and gives you an option to back out.

• CallmeGoat and Vapizt like this

Adeel007
  • Adeel007

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

nah, if its over like 10K or something it makes you confirm you wanna spend that much and gives you an option to back out.

They only added that about 2 patches ago - before I would be wasting so much money on it 

Pantherbullshark
  • Pantherbullshark

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

I hate that option so much. Sometimes ill accidentally just hit it or something thinking im hitting continue and boop, there goes 100K lol

You press A/X twice accidentally? 

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:47 AM

I use it for the convenience. I dont want to have to go to Ammunation and go gun to gun purchasing ammo, when I can simply one click it and be done. Never noticed it being off, at least by what I would get nuts and make a post about. Im willing to lose a couple g's, to make my game day easier. 

• DJ Kornphlake and 2Chains4Bracelets like this

l_B33LZ_l
  • l_B33LZ_l

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

I wait until all my guns get down to 1k to buy ammo, it last about 2 weeks. Never buy mini gun ammo just die in survival with your mini gun equipped for 1 wave next wave you will have full ammo.

Anon

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Only reason it's ever been anywhere near $20K for me was because I had 1 or 2 sticky bombs left

Those things are expensive :/

• DJ Kornphlake, Tonyduzit and CallmeGoat like this

Juri Han
  • Juri Han

Juggs, Juri and Executioner.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

Only reason it's ever been anywhere near $20K for me was because I had 1 or 2 sticky bombs left

Those things are expensive :/

you're right about that. 

s13racer316
  • s13racer316

DRFTSLT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

It's always worked fine for me.

This is the same for me. Never had a problem but it's never more than a couple g's for me. I'm always re-ing up on ammo, snacks, and now armor. 

HarveyBest
  • HarveyBest

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

Never been a problem for me. It also saves you the trouble, and risk, of going to Ammunation. Just a thought, there ought to be an option in Ammunation to buy all ammo.

• MadHaTT3R likes this

Ooops I Pooped
  • Ooops I Pooped

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

You press A/X twice accidentally? 

yea i usually just mash it to get it to the next screen then to actually start it, but on 2 occasions ive been on that and 9999 of each bullet costs a LOT

TexasKilldozer
  • TexasKilldozer

Los Santos Golf Pro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

I can do Potshot by myself, and when I start up another one, the "Buy All Ammo" option is only $57.

For me, the Buy All Ammo option is a convenience. I'd rather have something and not need it that need something and not have it. Should The Zombie Apocolypse come to Los Santos, I am prepared.

Incidentally, when I was doing Survivals to raise my secondary character's shooting skill, it eventually got to a point where I was losing money from the Survival match, because it would cost more than 20K to replenish my ammo. Not that I was wasting ammo, but when your ammo capacity goes from 1000 rounds to 3000 rounds, there's a drastic increase in cost.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

It could be glitched but people need to realize ammo can be expensive. All my guns were maxed out but my sniper was near empty and the cost for full ammo was 70k. I was like naahhhh that can't be right...went to Ammunation and sure enough, that's what it was to fill up just my sniper(s).
  • TCB-Bauer likes this

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

Keep mine full these days, usually costs me less than a grand unless I've got RPG/C4 happy in free roam

• MadHaTT3R likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

I just tend to buy ammo from Ammu-nation or for each individual gun. I never use buy all ammo because as for certain guns I never use them, so no point buying ammo for something I am never going to use.

• Farque2 likes this

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

I just tend to buy ammo from Ammu-nation or for each individual gun. I never use buy all ammo because as for certain guns I never use them, so no point buying ammo for something I am never going to use.

Unless you're still carrying those guns you don't use, you wouldn't be refilling their ammo anyway.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Unless you're still carrying those guns you don't use, you wouldn't be refilling their ammo anyway.

I do carry those guns though, thats why I dont use the 'buy all ammo' option.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

Why carry them then?

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

i got 9999 of all ammo at some point so this button works fine for me. not more than 10k most of the time. though i don't understand, why would you need 9999 of heavy sniper ammo.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

Why carry them then?

Why should we drop them anyway??? 

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

To unclutter the weapon wheel.

GG14876
  • GG14876

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

There is a bit of a scam going on with MG/CMG ammo.  On occasion, there is a slight difference if you buy the cheapest "full MG" ammo option than if you get the "all ammo" due to MG reload being 108 rds and CMG being 200 rds.

Oh, and for sniper ammo, just call ammo drops; it is the only time they are efficient at replenishing ammo.  I think you pay ~2/3 the cost of Ammunation but it takes longer.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

no it definitely bugged occasionally and im not sure what causes it but i play lots of missions and most often its normal but every now and then it jumps up to 15-20K when i havent fired a shot from the last time i bought all ammo. might be from trying to join friends sessions and failing to get into them and getting kicked back out to a different one.  it says it saves when you switch sessions but maybe it doesnt always work or something.  all i know is that every once in a while i get charged an extra 20K or so for ammo that i didnt use but since i have millions and can make 20K in about 5 minutes i really dont care that much.

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

One Man Army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

Keep mine full these days, usually costs me less than a grand unless I've got RPG/C4 happy in free roam

Pretty much this. Did it with my newer character quite early on, and it's just been a case of topping up $500 here, $100 there - with my main character, there was one big dent in my finances doing it the first time (particularly because I'd gotten used to only carrying a handful of explosives at any one time), but now, same deal.

Very much worth doing - particularly with bombs. That way, there's never a risk of having too little ammo at any given time - and there's no such thing as too much!  ;)

sultangris
  • sultangris

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

Pretty much this. Did it with my newer character quite early on, and it's just been a case of topping up $500 here, $100 there - with my main character, there was one big dent in my finances doing it the first time (particularly because I'd gotten used to only carrying a handful of explosives at any one time), but now, same deal.

Very much worth doing - particularly with bombs. That way, there's never a risk of having too little ammo at any given time - and there's no such thing as too much!   ;)

exactly, i always keep mine full too, thats how i know its bugged when it charges me 20K when i didnt use any ammo!  20-60K are not uncommon after extended free mode stays but i know how long it takes to use that much ammo and when i didnt use anywhere near that much and no expensive stuff at all it still occasionally says that much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users