Photo

Combat Rolling - stupid, retarded.

315 replies to this topic
StaticLW
  • StaticLW

The White Donald Glover

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by StaticLW, 24 May 2014 - 05:24 PM.

When does self-entitlement end?

The f*ck are you talking about? What does that have to do with anything?

OP is so self-entitled, that he thinks he should be able to kill anyone by simply aiming at them, regardless of everything.

Anymore questions?

That was rhetorical. I'm humored that a post about combat rolling suddenly becomes an edict on "self-entitlement." I find your views fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Majority of the entire forum seems to be about self-entitlement, "leveling is too hard, so i hack to unlock everthing", "its too hard to earn money, so I glitch billions", "it's too hard to kill people, so I play AA". Seems to me that 80%(being generous) of forum members expect everything handed to them.

I guess I should ask for likes and subs....for chop of course

Secondly, if this game was like IV and did not separate Auto Aimers into different lobbies from Free Aimers, but instead allowed you to change what aim mode you want in the deathmatch lobby options. I'd be selecting free aim.

And much like free aim free mode lobbies it would be empty or everyone would quit.  

Don't know what console you played on, but back in IV's prime there were plenty of full free aim lobbies.

No BS auto shotguns or RPGs, Airport or Happiness Island. Guns locked to SMGs or Assault Rifles. No abusing of an unbalanced mechanic. Players with the better aim would come out victorious.

WWWWWWOOOOOOWWWWWWWW. That is all I can say.

Chorizombie
  • Chorizombie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

Thread summary: OP sucks ass on deathmatches and feels entitled.

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

L.A Forensics Agency Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Dry your eyes OP.

Combat rolling is a useful tool and often an equaliser against the kinds of cowardly players who will camp, unmoving, indefinitely until you walk into their line of sight.

It's also easily combated by tracking your target and not relying solely on Auto Aim.

Anyone who refuses to use it through some self imposed Bushido is a fool.

You sound like exactly the type of person I'd see rolling every 2 seconds with an auto shotty as the only effective way of 'tracking and killing' a rolling target.

I do use rolling myself I have no choice because even my aim's not that good enough to be able to take out someone that's already got a free lock on me.

Therfore, gunfights turn into a circus, cartwheels after cartwheels. Boring. 

Try that tracking method of yours when to kill someone that's rolling with a machine gun 50 meters away, who has a perfect lock onto you. Good luck kid.

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Members
  • United-States

I agree 100% with the OP. It's ridiculous that we actually have to roll to get the kill. I free aim the roller and he still gets the kill, that's a load of crock. I put half a clip into the guy's head, he rolls and kills me if I don't roll also. I say remove it completely, because it's proven that even if you know how to aim, the roll gets the kill.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

kinda annoying but it's quite useful if you know how to use it to take advantage, it was in RDR too so I don't know why are you still complaining.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

I question if you guys even know what self entitled means

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

The White Donald Glover

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

Dry your eyes OP.

Combat rolling is a useful tool and often an equaliser against the kinds of cowardly players who will camp, unmoving, indefinitely until you walk into their line of sight.

It's also easily combated by tracking your target and not relying solely on Auto Aim.

You sound like exactly the type of person I'd see rolling every 2 seconds with an auto shotty as the only effective way of 'tracking and killing' a rolling target.

I do use rolling myself I have no choice because even my aim's not that good enough to be able to take out someone that's already got a free lock on me.

Try that tracking method of yours when to kill someone that's rolling with a machine gun 50 meters away, who has a perfect lock onto you. Good luck kid.

You have to be trollin now or you just like to complain way too much.

Heffe707
  • Heffe707

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

RPGs are an effective counter to the combat roll.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:33 PM Edited by ezfaun, 24 May 2014 - 05:33 PM.

Rolling fits the game quite well. Let the monkeys (masks) roll around in their own sh*t.

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

The White Donald Glover

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by StaticLW, 24 May 2014 - 05:40 PM.

I can tell by your sig that you definitely have a firm grasp of the concept.

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

On the contrary, you're either a high KD player who rolls around like a clown to win deathmatches, or think you're good at dealing with rollers by killing them with Auto Shotties at close range.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Do you happen to us Traditional Aim or something that basically will lock the Auto Aim? There's soft Auto Aim which basically let's you pull the target dot.

Deadly Aviator
  • Deadly Aviator

Keep On Truckin'

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

Just gonna leave this here for some entertainment:

http://tvtropes.org/...ssaryCombatRoll

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

don't play auto-aim is all I can say really

can't really complain that the mode where the game aims for you isn't competitive enough

IMO any and all artificial enforced mechanics such as auto-aim or rolling to break autoaim only hurt gameplay in the end.

simple mechanics are often the best (and by simple I don't mean easy, I mean not governed by a sh*tload of rules)

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

QUIT THE INTERNET! ASK ME HOW!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

kinda annoying but it's quite useful if you know how to use it to take advantage, it was in RDR too so I don't know why are you still complaining.

LOL. Good memories from RDR. The rolling was so funny that it would turn into a "Roll-Off." If I worked hard enough, I could synchronize my rolling with the other player.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

I can tell by your sig that you definitely have s form grasp of the concept.

You can't tell sh*t Miss Cleo

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

I hate it too

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

The White Donald Glover

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:40 PM Edited by StaticLW, 24 May 2014 - 05:40 PM.

On the contrary, you're either a high KD player who rolls around like a clown to win deathmatches, or think you're good at dealing with rollers by killing them with Auto Shotties at close range.

Whats the point of AA deathmatches? Thats a genuine question.

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

RfOZymn.jpg

There's a thread for this.

• StaticLW and TexasKilldozer like this

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

I agree 100% with the OP. It's ridiculous that we actually have to roll to get the kill. I free aim the roller and he still gets the kill, that's a load of crock. I put half a clip into the guy's head, he rolls and kills me if I don't roll also. I say remove it completely, because it's proven that even if you know how to aim, the roll gets the kill.

THANK F*CK we have someone who actually knows what the situation is actually like.

and to the guy that said it doesn't disable Hit Detection - Headshot = instakill, Bodyshot = 3-4 shots to kill.

Free aiming someone rolling = shooting their body = 95% of the time he will not be dead by the time he recovers from the roll.
Auto aiming someone while rolling = you'll be able to lock onto their head, when you're done rolling you'll be able to pull off perfect headshots and take the kill. 

No point even mentioning that there'll be some sort of lag with a majority of people worldwide

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

The White Donald Glover

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

I doubt your even old enough to know who that is, seeing how referencing her made no sense what-so-ever.

OH and I can see your sig, that's for sure.

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Dry your eyes OP.

They can't shoot whilst rolling. And it doesn't happen nearly as often as you're making out.

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Rolling isn't the problem, deathmatches are innately a piece of crap.

They are simply about holding LT and then holding RT. Repeat for kill, nearly no aiming involved & a handicapped monkey could do it.

Rolling adds some variety to it at least...

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

The White Donald Glover

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

THANK F*CK we have someone who actually knows what the situation is actually like.

and to the guy that said it doesn't disable Hit Detection - Headshot = instakill, Bodyshot = 3-4 shots to kill.

Free aiming someone rolling = shooting their body = 95% of the time he will not be dead by the time he recovers from the roll.
Auto aiming someone while rolling = you'll be able to lock onto their head, when you're done rolling you'll be able to pull off perfect headshots and take the kill. 

No point even mentioning that there'll be some sort of lag with a majority of people worldwide

so thats what you wanted...a friend(who agrees with you), thats cute.

• Megakillertron likes this

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 24 May 2014 - 05:54 PM.

Okay, i don't know what Rockstar were thinking when they implemented this system, but anyone who plays Deathmatches knows the Combat Roll breaks the auto lock on an opponent.

There's a reason why Mary Lou Retton won a gold medal, pal. 

Learn to time and lead your shots better if you are auto-aiming and stop emptying your whole damn magazine in combat or just cut to the chase and free aim with a shotgun. 

You cannot tinisica out of the way of a cloud of buckshot at close range.

• Megakillertron likes this

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Eh, no.

Seems to me like some people in this thread need a dose of 'get better at the game'.

• StaticLW and TexasKilldozer like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

you think the lag with guns is bad try playing an unarmed deathmatch with a full lobby.  sometimes you get punched from across the street and you cant punch them because they are no longer where they appear to be on your screen so your guy just walks around getting hit, lol! Lag seems much worse after this patch in free mode though.  the dot on the map is way behind where they are on the screen, ive gotten ran over when the dot was still a block away and it takes much longer for autoaim to get a lock on them.  If you walk into a store the guy isnt there and the menu wont show up for 5-10 seconds and everything is just slow.  its not always quite that bad, it comes and goes.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

I doubt your even old enough to know who that is, seeing how referencing her made no sense what-so-ever.

OH and I can see your sig, that's for sure.

Actually it did, maybe if you had an ounce of creativity in that minuscule brain of yours you would have got the joke. Nah mean player?

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Whats the point of AA deathmatches? Thats a genuine question.

There is no point as there is no true representation of skill of any sort apparent if you're not aiming yourself, the problem is that there is basically no alternative in GTA V. Free aim deathmatches are simply not being played by enough people.

Therefore, if the only option for people who want to play deathmatch is to use auto aim, then make it fair enough to play with no over useable mechanic that every player resorts to.

If you consider me lazy for not being able to deal with rollers by free aiming against them, what about the person who requires no effort to auto lock me in the head as he rolls?

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Stop relying on auto aim when they roll and they become a sitting duck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users