Combat Rolling - stupid, retarded.

315 replies to this topic
Schweppez
  • Schweppez

just some nut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

Well sorry if the truth hurts, but that's why free aim is so much better and important for honing your skills. Relying on auto aim to get your shot has made you incapable of manually following/predicting where your opponent recovers from the roll.

• Xyn likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

Solution?

Keep it in the game. Either tweak it so that it doesn't break the lock on you have on an enemy.

....then what's the point?

Learn to aim. All you need to do is move your analog stick a wee bit and it still hits; rolls break the lock-on, not disable hit-detection.

Exactly, NO POINT. Make it so it only benefits free aim lobbies. Just like in GTA IV.

???

If there's no point, why are you suggesting it?
There's no benefit to it in FA since there is no such thing as locking on. The roll is purely aesthetic there. The roll was meant only for AA/TA as a ways of fighting back.

You sound like you basically want this game's shooting to be reduced to LT+RT/L2+R2 and anyone be damned if they know how to effectively counter it.

Well sorry if the truth hurts, but that's why free aim is so much better and important for honing your skills. Relying on auto aim to get your shot has made you incapable of manually following/predicting where your opponent recovers from the roll.

This.
I can't even fathom what would happen if the OP tried a 90's twitch PC shooter...

• Schweppez and StaticLW like this

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

L.A. Forensics Agency Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

i dont roll as i think it looks retarded and out of place, after all i only do freeroam battles.

i think its good that roll breaks the auto lock, is not like you cant aim by yourself.

just practice, learn to shoot without having to rely on autoaim.

Like i said, even though it breaks the auto lock, the opponent who IS rolling still retains his lock on, which allows them to adjust their shot onto your head, while during the ENTIRE duration of the roll you CANNOT lock on yourself. So it's basically Free Aimer vs Auto Aimer, guess who has the advantage?

and that why i said you should practice your freeaim skill, they can lock on you while rolling but they cant shoot while rolling, therefor you have a good 2 second advantage to adjust, lead the shot and kill them either while they are still on the roll or when the rolling motion is coming to an end.

dont rely so much in the aimbot, learn to aim and you shouldnt struggle that much with stuff like this.

No listen dude. If i wanted to play Free Aim i'd join a free aim lobby where the rolling actually make sense, why should I have to put in extra practice for being forced to free aim to kill people WHILE they can AUTO AIM against me while they roll? In an Auto Aim Lobby.

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

What l really hate is when you have to reload and you do the combat roll and you still have to reload your gun. Reason why l get killed 90% of the time in PVP. Needs patch ASAP.

• Riznind and xoC18H21NO3xo like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

official anthem if the compulsive combat rollers...

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=yad_clT4T2Y
  • Xyn, Bongsquirrel, BlackAce23 and 1 other like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

No listen dude. If i wanted to play Free Aim i'd join a free aim lobby where the rolling actually make sense.

Rolling makes no sense in FA because it has no function; why use a move that slows you down yet disables locking on....if there's no locking on mechanic at all???

why should I have to put in extra practice for being forced to free aim to kill people 

Oh, so it's laziness.

official anthem if the compulsive combat rollers...

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=yad_clT4T2Y

Still love that song 14 years later.

Deadman approved as well.

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

Chillin with a Filipina at your local Jollibee.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Solution?

Keep it in the game. Either tweak it so that it doesn't break the lock on you have on an enemy.

....then what's the point?

Learn to aim. All you need to do is move your analog stick a wee bit and it still hits; rolls break the lock-on, not disable hit-detection.

Exactly, NO POINT. Make it so it only benefits free aim lobbies. Just like in GTA IV.

???

There's no benefit to it in FA since there is no such thing as locking on. The roll is purely aesthetic there. The roll was meant only for AA/TA as a ways of fighting back.

You sound like you basically want this game's shooting to be reduced to LT+RT/L2+R2 and anyone be damned if they know how to effectively counter it.

This.
I can't even fathom what would happen if the OP tried a 90's twitch PC shooter...

Don't you know, point & click is the apex of game design. Why play the game and do all that work, when the game can do all the work for you? Op would give up gaming if he played a 90's twitch PC shooter.

When does self-entitlement end?

• Xyn likes this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

No listen dude. If i wanted to play Free Aim i'd join a free aim lobby where the rolling actually make sense.

Rolling makes no sense in FA because it has no function; why use a move that slows you down yet disables locking on....if there's no locking on mechanic at all???

Huh? Rolling is still effective on free aim too. People who don't roll in death matches still get demolished there too.

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

Huh? Rolling is still effective on free aim too. People who don't roll in death matches still get demolished there too.

Yeah but I think his point is that you're a good shot, you can still kill someone who is rolling.

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

i've never seen that, honestly... most of the time anyone rolls; they're dead.
Not calling you a liar...I've just never seen it.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

I love when people try to roll & i just continue shooting so its pointless

And in free aim it gets even better because you just have two guys rolling back & forth like fools

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

QUIT THE INTERNET! ASK ME HOW!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

I see nothing wrong with the combat roll..

Me either. I see the OP's original point (I think). Since rolling is a part of the game but is used to break auto-lock, make it somewhat more fair by delaying the number of times a person can roll in given encounter/time frame. Makes sense to me.

Oh, and thank god we were able to FINALLY address the issue of free-aim vs. auto-aim. I was wondering when a game forum would tackle this taboo subject with such eloquence.

*jerk*toss*

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

i dont roll as i think it looks retarded and out of place, after all i only do freeroam battles.

i think its good that roll breaks the auto lock, is not like you cant aim by yourself.

just practice, learn to shoot without having to rely on autoaim.

Like i said, even though it breaks the auto lock, the opponent who IS rolling still retains his lock on, which allows them to adjust their shot onto your head, while during the ENTIRE duration of the roll you CANNOT lock on yourself. So it's basically Free Aimer vs Auto Aimer, guess who has the advantage?
and that why i said you should practice your freeaim skill, they can lock on you while rolling but they cant shoot while rolling, therefor you have a good 2 second advantage to adjust, lead the shot and kill them either while they are still on the roll or when the rolling motion is coming to an end.

dont rely so much in the aimbot, learn to aim and you shouldnt struggle that much with stuff like this.

No listen dude. If i wanted to play Free Aim i'd join a free aim lobby where the rolling actually make sense, why should I have to put in extra practice for being forced to free aim to kill people WHILE they can AUTO AIM against me while they roll? In an Auto Aim Lobby.

i play autoaim too and i have been killed my more tanks that by people rolling.

i gave you s few tips on how to overcome this tactic, if is too much work for you to aim by yourself for a mere 2 seconds than i recommend you to go into passive mode the moment you see a person rollin near you.

you know that way they wont be able to lock on you while they roll hahaha

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

The f*ck are you talking about? What does that have to do with anything?

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

i've never seen that, honestly... most of the time anyone rolls; they're dead.
Not calling you a liar...I've just never seen it.

I've played lots of free aim deathmatches, hell, the only DMs I've played were on free aim. 

Everyone rolls there. Everyone, and it's usually the low level noobs that end up with 2-15 KDs that don't roll. 

Free aim DMs are pretty much about who's the best head hunter - and rolling keeps your head down and momentarily protects you against headshots. 

• doublehelix likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Never had a problem with rolls. The roll is sluggish and doesn't take much to keep the cursor on the opponent. The point is not to roll when the other player does and keep the cursor on them. I like the roll, makes people not depend on auto-aim entirely. Or you know... Play free aim.
  • Solid Scorpion likes this

plnkfloydian
  • plnkfloydian

|ATHF|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

U sound butthurt

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

???

@Xyn The use of it in Free aim is that it allows you to dodge bullets, but both players still have to rely on their aim and the victor will be the one who has the best aim.

You're not getting the fact the in the Auto Aim matches, the roller can auto aim. The one shooting back has to free aim. BOTH players are not free aiming, neither have they both got auto aim in the situation. One person can auto lock, other person has to free aim.

And no, it won't be reduced to the 'LT+RT/L2+R2' state which you refer to, in both free aim and auto aim you'll be trying to aim for the head for maximum damage, whoever is quicker at getting the headshot will be the victor 95% of the time. This is exactly how it worked in IV. No abuse of any 'countering' mechanism.

@Schweppez

Firstly, free aim lobbies are dead. Or i'd be playing them.

Secondly, if this game was like IV and did not separate Auto Aimers into different lobbies from Free Aimers, but instead allowed you to change what aim mode you want in the deathmatch lobby options. I'd be selecting free aim.

Third, I already do what you're suggesting, 8 times out of 10,  I'm still dead. Why? Because while i'm having to using Free aim to to get my reticle on the opponent's head who has just recovered from a roll, he has already, without NO effort, Auto Locked me during his roll, flicked his analog stick up on my head and is ready to pull the trigger instantly.

Say what you like, but I don't believe even you're capable of taking someone out with free aim while they roll from afar while they get ready to headshot you.

I'm complaining because it should either be free aim vs free aim. auto aim vs auto aim. But not free aim vs auto aim.

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

OP is so self-entitled, that he thinks he should be able to kill anyone by simply aiming at them, regardless of everything.

Anymore questions?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

no shooter ever has or ever will be perfect, there will always be some feature or aspect that people will exploit.  I hate the f*ckers that hide behind objects so you cant see them but they can still see and shoot you because of the 3rd person view bullsh*t.  Its always fun when they are on a roof or on the other side of a hill and all you can barely see the top of their head which you cant hit because you hit the wall or ground yet somehow they can shoot you through it, so annoying, lol!

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

They look like chimps!

Really have some self respect you look ridiculous, 

and you can still free aim in an auto aim lobby so I dont know what everyone's problem is

I push the aim point up as soon as it locks on to create what is basically a double tap,

Auto shotty takes care of the chimp move, if anyone is that close to you to roll that's the weapon you should have in you hand.  

• manicmechanic71 and TexasKilldozer like this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

OP is so self-entitled, that he thinks he should be able to kill anyone by simply aiming at them, regardless of everything.

Anymore questions?

That was rhetorical. I'm humored that a post about combat rolling suddenly becomes an edict on "self-entitlement." I find your views fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Dry your eyes OP.

Combat rolling is a useful tool and often an equaliser against the kinds of cowardly players who will camp, unmoving, indefinitely until you walk into their line of sight.

It's also easily combated by tracking your target and not relying solely on Auto Aim.

Anyone who refuses to use it through some self imposed Bushido is a fool.

• Solid Scorpion, Xyn and TexasKilldozer like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by Odesza, 24 May 2014 - 05:12 PM.

lol so this is what we're complaining about now?  rolling?

• brose_sfr likes this

StaticLW
  • StaticLW

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

???

@Xyn The use of it in Free aim is that it allows you to dodge bullets, but both players still have to rely on their aim and the victor will be the one who has the best aim.

You're not getting the fact the in the Auto Aim matches, the roller can auto aim. The one shooting back has to free aim. BOTH players are not free aiming, neither have they both got auto aim in the situation. One person can auto lock, other person has to free aim.

And no, it won't be reduced to the 'LT+RT/L2+R2' state which you refer to, in both free aim and auto aim you'll be trying to aim for the head for maximum damage, whoever is quicker at getting the headshot will be the victor 95% of the time. This is exactly how it worked in IV. No abuse of any 'countering' mechanism.

@Schweppez

Firstly, free aim lobbies are dead. Or i'd be playing them.

Secondly, if this game was like IV and did not separate Auto Aimers into different lobbies from Free Aimers, but instead allowed you to change what aim mode you want in the deathmatch lobby options. I'd be selecting free aim.

Third, I already do what you're suggesting, 8 times out of 10,  I'm still dead. Why? Because while i'm having to using Free aim to to get my reticle on the opponent's head who has just recovered from a roll, he has already, without NO effort, Auto Locked me during his roll, flicked his analog stick up on my head and is ready to pull the trigger instantly.

Say what you like, but I don't believe even you're capable of taking someone out with free aim while they roll from afar while they get ready to headshot you.

I'm complaining because it should either be free aim vs free aim. auto aim vs auto aim. But not free aim vs auto aim.

Cant have your cake and eat it too. play FA, where everyone is equal or play AA and complain about having to free aim against "rollers".

• Xyn likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

And much like free aim free mode lobbies it would be empty or everyone would quit.  

TexasKilldozer
  • TexasKilldozer

Los Santos Golf Pro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

and you can still free aim in an auto aim lobby so I dont know what everyone's problem is

Turn off the lights and go home, this is all that needs to be said.

If the OP still wants to argue the point, he may as well email R* and beg for "Won't Everyone Stand Still So I Can Shoot Them?" lobbies.

• Xyn likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

I had to reluctantly join the bandwagon. Because I was tired of it being used on me successfully so I said, fukc it, I'm going to add it to my arsenal.
I still hate it when I spot a guy first clearly get head shots on him and they manage to combat roll and kill me despite the fact that I saw him first and shot first. Some guys are experts at using the combat roll, I'm still perfecting it as sometimes it works really nice for me but other times I'm baffled at its ineffectiveness.

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

And much like free aim free mode lobbies it would be empty or everyone would quit.  

Don't know what console you played on, but back in IV's prime there were plenty of full free aim lobbies.

No BS auto shotguns or RPGs, Airport or Happiness Island. Guns locked to SMGs or Assault Rifles. No abusing of an unbalanced mechanic. Players with the better aim would come out victorious.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Don't know what console you played on, but back in IV's prime there were plenty of full free aim lobbies.

No BS auto shotguns or RPGs, Airport or Happiness Island. Guns locked to SMGs or Assault Rifles. No abusing of an unbalanced mechanic. Players with the better aim would come out victorious.

if there are no free aim players in free aim lobbies playing deathmatches what makes you think there will be free aim players in autoaim lobbies who will?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users