Combat Rolling - stupid, retarded.

315 replies to this topic
Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Rolling is fine, it just shouldn't break combat lock. 

Although I play free aim anyway so its meh to me, but if I end up in AA lobbies because of my friends, I always see people having a game of rolie polie instead of a gunfight. 

so you want to get rid of the only thing that can defend against an autolock? Yep, that makes sense.

Or ya know... Just get rid of Autolock once and for all, seen as my 5 year old cousin can get kills with it... Just sayin`

• Static likes this

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

L.A. Forensics Agency Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

That would be the best thing to do, but it'll be unlikely that we'll see a GTA game without Auto aim that isn't on PC. Rockstar always use AA on all console versions.

Static
  • Static

BickinBackBeingBool

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Although I play free aim anyway so its meh to me, but if I end up in AA lobbies because of my friends, I always see people having a game of rolie polie instead of a gunfight. 

so you want to get rid of the only thing that can defend against an autolock? Yep, that makes sense.

Or ya know... Just get rid of Autolock once and for all, seen as my 5 year old cousin can get kills with it... Just sayin`

That's what Ive been saying from the start of the thread if you bother to check. I dont play AA, but I also think there should be a defense if someone is playing AA.

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

LOL @ all the haters ^^^ :lol:

Ya'll think i'm the one that's butthurt?

My deathmatch record:

u mad?

b60adb173e6bf6c2ee04fae8806fd156.png

It's sad and funny how 90% of the GTA community has become dependent on rolling every 2 seconds in a gunfight.

Man, you sure are the only one impressed with those deathmatch stats.

Got something better? impress me. plus i'm not bragging at all. keep hating.

My point has been proved, you and the other guy seem to think the basis of this thread is that i'm crying because i get 'owned' by Combat Rollers and can't deal with them, turns out I can. :p

It's the simple fact that this 'mechanic' is so abused, a lot of people don't even bother with cover anymore, just run into the open and roll x100. Gunfights have reached a point where they're just downright tedious as the typical players you encounter now will be rolling consecutively one after each other from a distance until someone gets a kill.

Considering 90% of players play auto aim, do you really, really think that the current state of deathmatches is entertaining?

I don't put much stock in stats, they don't mean anything. Which is why your bragging doesn't count for anything. Especially when it doesn't show that you can beat combat rollers. It in no way supports your argument.

You are crying because you get owned by combat rollers.

It's hilarious that you can't see the hypocrisy in what you're saying. You want combat rolling removed because it's 'tedious' when it's the only thing stopping players from hiding behind walls all of the time. It makes combat less tedious. You don't like it because you're the kind of lame-ass to sit behind a wall for 20 minutes waiting for someone to come within AA range.

I don't play Deathmatches because they are boring and laggy. They're boring because the gameplay mechanics aren't well suited to competitive play. The few DMs that i have played i haven't experienced a lot of combat rollers. I have however experienced a lot of players camping in cover which makes for absolutely riveting gameplay. I'm not sure if you're smart enough to understand that i was being sarcastic, so i'll tell you: That was sarcasm.

Seriously OP, you'll make your eyes sore if you keep crying like this.

Also: You love stats so much you're making them up.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

That's what Ive been saying from the start of the thread if you bother to check. I dont play AA, but I also think there should be a defense if someone is playing AA.

Personally I preferred the old system, where it was based on reaction times/ Accuracy & knowing how to "read the land" so to speak. 

Now, anyone can kill anyone in autoaim, thats why I dislike it, the guns all shoot at a set rate with the same accuracy, its sad to see what happened to AA.

• Static likes this

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Personally I preferred the old system, where it was based on reaction times/ Accuracy & knowing how to "read the land" so to speak. 

Now, anyone can kill anyone in autoaim, thats why I dislike it, the guns all shoot at a set rate with the same accuracy, its sad to see what happened to AA.

Yup, GTA IV combat was much more competitive.

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

My deathmatch record:

u mad?

It's sad and funny how 90% of the GTA community has become dependent on rolling every 2 seconds in a gunfight.

My point has been proved, you and the other guy seem to think the basis of this thread is that i'm crying because i get 'owned' by Combat Rollers and can't deal with them, turns out I can. :p

It's the simple fact that this 'mechanic' is so abused, a lot of people don't even bother with cover anymore, just run into the open and roll x100. Gunfights have reached a point where they're just downright tedious as the typical players you encounter now will be rolling consecutively one after each other from a distance until someone gets a kill.

Considering 90% of players play auto aim, do you really, really think that the current state of deathmatches is entertaining?

I don't put much stock in stats, they don't mean anything. Which is why your bragging doesn't count for anything. Especially when it doesn't show that you can beat combat rollers. It in no way supports your argument.

It's hilarious that you can't see the hypocrisy in what you're saying. You want combat rolling removed because it's 'tedious' when it's the only thing stopping players from hiding behind walls all of the time. It makes combat less tedious. You don't like it because you're the kind of lame-ass to sit behind a wall for 20 minutes waiting for someone to come within AA range.

I don't play Deathmatches because they are boring and laggy. They're boring because the gameplay mechanics aren't well suited to competitive play. The few DMs that i have played i haven't experienced a lot of combat rollers. I have however experienced a lot of players camping in cover which makes for absolutely riveting gameplay. I'm not sure if you're smart enough to understand that i was being sarcastic, so i'll tell you: That was sarcasm.

You don't play deathmatches? Then your arguement has no point here, as you can clearly see I am someone who plays ALOT of deathmatches and I talk with plenty of experience.

and probably because you're no good either.

Sit behind walls? Nope. I rush with the Carbine not camp with an auto shotgun mate.

Making stats up? Check my Social Club account.

and like you just said: you don't play Deathmatches, you're not needed here, this thread isn't for you. Bye

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

R.I.P Shawty Lo!

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Achievement unlocked: used the porkcharsui cheat

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Maybe the reason you get smacked by combat rollers is because you rush with the carbine rifle, trying to play Rambo instead of using strategic combat. You have to know your enemy if you're going to battle them. If not, you'll get your ass handed to you every time.

JB05
  • JB05

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

Retarded? I think not, I can't count how many times it has me from clowns speeding towards with me there adders and zentornos.

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

Retarded? I think not, I can't count how many times it has me from clowns speeding towards with me there adders and zentornos.

In the case of this thread, i'm talking about its use in Deathmatches

Megakillertron
  • Megakillertron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:33 AM

My deathmatch record:

u mad?

You don't play deathmatches? Then your arguement has no point here, as you can clearly see I am someone who plays ALOT of deathmatches and I talk with plenty of experience.

Sit behind walls? Nope. I rush with the Carbine not camp with an auto shotgun mate.

and like you just said: you don't play Deathmatches, you're not needed here, this thread isn't for you. Bye

You wish it was that simple. My argument is valid here because it's a discussion of the mechanic. And the mechanic exists outside of Deathmatch in exactly the same way. I also have 'ALOT' of experience in using and punishing combat rolls. You're right, i'm not good at Deathmatch. Players are far too passive, content to sit behind the first bit of cover they find and let the time run down until someone passes by.

You don't rush with the Carbine. Your complaint is that of a person who doesn't move around a lot.

I'm not talking about your sad Deathmatch win/loss stats. I'm talking about the 90% you pulled out of your ass.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:33 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 17 June 2014 - 12:36 AM.

I use auto aim and I also think combat rolling breaking auto-aim is necessary.

Are you that over-reliant on your damn auto-lock? Man, that means that you can't long-range a pistol, then.

EDIT: seriously, it is literally the only defense against people who found you first. This game isn't first look first kill.

• Megakillertron likes this

Neuling2000
  • Neuling2000

K/D 453.25 :)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:05 AM

My deathmatch record:

u mad?

What's your Social Club name?

You needed only 18 hours for 370 deathmachtes? I have played only 290 deathmatches in more than 36 hours. :blink:

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

Sometimes I log in JUST to Combat Roll.

Next to real life, this is the best experience I have ever had and you losers who hate on Combat Rolling are all soulless communists.

• sultangris, himynameisdamien, SonofLosSantos and 1 other like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Tribute Video
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Parody Film

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

This is my favorite thread title on the entire board.

himynameisdamien
  • himynameisdamien

Mr Whoopee

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

It's k, OP. Don't be mad. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users