Photo

Combat Rolling - stupid, retarded.

315 replies to this topic
MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

L.A. Forensics Agency Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:06 PM Edited by MaxPayne47, 25 May 2014 - 11:23 PM.

I don't know what Rockstar were thinking when they implemented this system, but anyone who plays Deathmatches knows the Combat Roll breaks the auto lock on an opponent.

And before anyone says 'play free aim', good luck spending a couple hours trying to gather enough free aim players in a lobby.

As a result....

Every gunfight you're in your opponent will be spamming cartwheels every 2 seconds where the only solution is to roll yourself so they can't hit you... so guess what keeps happening until someone dies? Yep guessed it.

The hilarious thing about this now is, that the only way gunfights happen now is roll, shoot, roll, shoot, roll, shoot, roll, shoot. I mean who enjoys playing like that? It's just tedious and boring.

Solution?
Either tweak it so that it doesn't break the lock on you have on an enemy. Or SIGNIFICANTLY increase the delay time of being able to pull off consecutive rolls, 5 seconds would be about right, forcing you to use it tactically.

Rant over.

EDIT:

Okay, quite a few haters here are missing the point. ''ohh why can't you aim yourself for a few seconds while the auto lock is broken? boo hoo keep crying you auto aim reliant scrub noob fag!!''

The main problem is when our auto lock is broken on an enemy as they roll, they STILL GET TO KEEP THEIR LOCK which they have on you.

This results in a Free aimer vs an Auto aimer which = Auto aimer winning 90% of the time.

And for those saying ''Predict and adjust your aim to shoot the roller as he rolls, and you can kill him duhhh!''

First of all, a roll can be performed in all directions - left, right, back, forward, and in all diagonal directions. Am I just brain dead? Or can everyone of you perfectly predict which of those possible directions someone will roll?

Second, a roll is relatively fast, so you may not even have enough time to adjust your free aim onto a roller or put enough bullets into him before he is up onto his feet and ready to blast you while he's already locked on.

Third, distance is dependent on this 'strategy'. If you're with 5-10 meters, yeah you'll be fine if you're already using an auto shotty. However, if you're being machine gunned and rolled against from 50 meters away, good luck getting those bullets into someone while being forced to free aim at him as he can auto lock those machine gun bullets perfectly your way.

• Craze, WillWorthington3, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 20 others like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

you can still use free aim in auto aim deathmatch lobbies, then you can kill the homos when they roll, thats what i do, surprises the sh*t out of them, haha!

• Alec Skorpio, Anger Personified, Outplug and 7 others like this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

For a long time I didn't even know this was in the game, never saw an opponent use it and never bothered to try and press other buttons while aiming.

Right now, if I don't have cover, I will avoid any and all possible conflict with other players because I dislike the stupid rolling about.

Once some high rank jerk decided to go after me while I was in the ammunation, I saw him coming on the minimap so I thought I'd grab my combat shotgun. He rolled over and next to the armour vest counter and didn't take any damage, before taking my head off in a split second. Yeah, fun stuff.

• Lilliex1 likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Why doesn't the lock on disengage in free mode. That's just inconsistency on rockstars part imo.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Why doesn't the lock on disengage in free mode. That's just inconsistency on rockstars part imo.

it does

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by MaxPayne47, 24 May 2014 - 04:13 PM.

you can still use free aim in auto aim deathmatch lobbies, then you can kill the homos when they roll, thats what i do, surprises the sh*t out of them, haha!

yes that works, only issue being - The rolling guy can still lock onto you while they roll, therefore if you're not pinpoint enough with your accuracy to take him out, he'll have his aim on your head and you'll be popped before you know it.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 24 May 2014 - 04:16 PM.

i dont roll as i think it looks retarded and out of place, after all i only do freeroam battles.

i think its good that roll breaks the auto lock, is not like you cant aim by yourself.

just practice, learn to shoot without having to rely on autoaim.

and no im not part of the "freeaim master race"

normally when i see a guy approaching rolling, i just get my rpg out, you just cant outroll that hahaha
  • rampage08, Zodape, sSphInXx and 5 others like this

TexasKilldozer
  • TexasKilldozer

Los Santos Golf Pro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

It's not that hard. Once they go into a roll, you can predict where they'll stop on the roll. Then get all shooty on their face.

• lilpokerface, Heists and TheHammer like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

Okay, i don't know what Rockstar were thinking when they implemented this system, but anyone who plays Deathmatches knows the Combat Roll breaks the auto lock on an opponent.

And before anyone says 'play free aim', good luck spending a couple hours trying to gather enough free aim players in a lobby.

As a result....

And this is why i don't play stupid ass Auto Aim PVP.  

Id rather spend 5 hours looking for a free aim pvp lobby then waste 5 seconds playing paddy cake with AA.

Have fun buddy... :p

Reconified
  • Reconified

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

No moron ever thinks to f*cking roll in any auto-aim lobby/deathmatch I've been in.

• skittlez86, Omnifarious, ZeroSafe5615 and 1 other like this

Static
  • Static

The fee not divided, the love is divided

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Auto-aim problems..The struggle is so real..

God forbid if you actually have to aim for yourself.

• Schweppez, Xyn, NuclearCore and 5 others like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

Always have your thumbs sticked.

1DrfL
  • 1DrfL

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:15 PM Edited by doublehelix, 24 May 2014 - 04:30 PM.

They need to boost our rolling abilities, I wanna be doing somersaults and sh*t. The timing is key, OP sometimes it does turn into a cartwheel contest you just have to be in around the right cover and time it well

Rolling is still important in free aim as well, moving target is harder to shoot, seems obvious 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

yes that works, only issue being - The rolling guy can still lock onto you while they roll, therefore if you're not pinpoint enough with your accuracy to take him out, he'll have his aim on your head and you'll be popped before you know it.

no they cant, if you roll you cannot lock someone for a second or two and if you press the lock button too soon it will not lock them.  Same as if they roll, pressing it too soon will cause it not to lock.  Timing is key.  whoever rolls first dies first once you nail the timing.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

My trick is to let go of LT and hip fire and then ADS again. I took this habit over from playing MW3 trying to kill the infected.

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

i dont roll as i think it looks retarded and out of place, after all i only do freeroam battles.

i think its good that roll breaks the auto lock, is not like you cant aim by yourself.

Like i said, even though it breaks the auto lock, the opponent who IS rolling still retains his lock on, which allows them to adjust their shot onto your head, while during the ENTIRE duration of the roll you CANNOT lock on yourself. So it's basically Free Aimer vs Auto Aimer, guess who has the advantage?

• The_darkest_side likes this

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

Ha, rolling is obnoxiously popular in free aim lobbies and death matches too, it's just not as OP as it is on AA.

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

Its completely r3tarded. Idk why developers feel the need to add stupid mechanics like this. So Kant games have them. The other 2 instances that are as lame as this one imo was the jumping in the Halo2 online, and I dont know if any of you played counterstrike for xbox or pc back in the day but in that game the thing was to jump and then crouch in midair and somehow this would make headshots easier.

Sooo dumb... I remember playing it one day, having people jump out from behind a córner then crouch in midair and headshot me like 10 times in a row. I told everyone in the lobby how fvcking stupid their game was and how in Real life if you jump and then crouch in midair you will not be more accurate of a shot. In fact you wont be able to hit sh!t. Then I stopped playing, returned the disc and never played it again.

Now luckily GTA is not just a shooter so I can do lots of other stuff.

If people roll excessively I start using the minigun, rpg, nade launcher, tank if in free roam etc. Use tactics that bypass their rolling bs.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

Solution?

Keep it in the game. Either tweak it so that it doesn't break the lock on you have on an enemy.

....then what's the point?

Learn to aim. All you need to do is move your analog stick a wee bit and it still hits; rolls break the lock-on, not disable hit-detection.

• ten-a-penny, Odesza, Static and 1 other like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

Like i said, even though it breaks the auto lock, the opponent who IS rolling still retains his lock on, which allows them to adjust their shot onto your head, while during the ENTIRE duration of the roll you CANNOT lock on yourself. So it's basically Free Aimer vs Auto Aimer, guess who has the advantage?

If this is true i never realized it cause i never roll when i have a lock i guess, I shoot them in the head.  Ill have to check that out sometime.  interesting, sorry if my previous info was incorrect. 

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

no they cant, if you roll you cannot lock someone for a second or two and if you press the lock button too soon it will not lock them.  Same as if they roll, pressing it too soon will cause it not to lock.  Timing is key.  whoever rolls first dies first once you nail the timing.

You're able to lock on midway through the roll, more than enough time to dodge a few bullets coming at you and get your reticle targeted on the opponent's head.

And also you CANNOT lock onto someone who is rolling until after they finish the roll animation, the mechanic is poorly implemented So the roller is invulnerable to being locked onto, while he can midway through his roll lock onto you. So it's pretty much, unless you're really fast and accurate 99% of the time a free aimer vs an Auto aimer - who has the advantage?

• Day Reaper likes this

MOA WINGS
  • MOA WINGS

And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

People rolling in free-mode can't roll away from my minigun.

• RAS_ZeroZ and Cake* Games like this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Fixed like Kennedy fixed the 1960 election

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

I see nothing wrong with the combat roll..
  • Kazandra, TheMckeever and HopalongCasidy like this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

FOXHOUND-SFG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

I agree it's a bit stupid, but every game needs some form of breaking AA.

Unfortunately if you don't do it too you're at a disadvantage (like box popping in MGO2).

Rolling isn't a biggey really, someone rolls you just manually adjust your aim to where their head will be at the end of the animation or follow them with your riticle and just unload.

If you solely rely on AA you're only ever gonna land body shots.

• Kazandra, Cake* Games and TheMckeever like this

MaxPayne47
  • MaxPayne47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Solution?

Keep it in the game. Either tweak it so that it doesn't break the lock on you have on an enemy.

....then what's the point?

Learn to aim. All you need to do is move your analog stick a wee bit and it still hits; rolls break the lock-on, not disable hit-detection.

Exactly, NO POINT. Make it so it only benefits free aim lobbies. Just like in GTA IV.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

and that why i said you should practice your freeaim skill, they can lock on you while rolling but they cant shoot while rolling, therefor you have a good 2 second advantage to adjust, lead the shot and kill them either while they are still on the roll or when the rolling motion is coming to an end.

dont rely so much in the aimbot, learn to aim and you shouldnt struggle that much with stuff like this.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

You're able to lock on midway through the roll, more than enough time to dodge a few bullets coming at you and get your reticle targeted on the opponent's head.

And also you CANNOT lock onto someone who is rolling until after they finish the roll animation, the mechanic is poorly implemented So the roller is invulnerable to being locked onto, while he can midway through his roll lock onto you. So it's pretty much, unless you're really fast and accurate 99% of the time a free aimer vs an Auto aimer - who has the advantage?

i can never lock until a second or so after im done rolling, if i try to lock immediately after the roll it fails and then you have to wait another second to try again or it fails again if you try too soon, which often means you die.  guess ive never tried mid roll however, though if you can midroll i dont see why you cant after the roll is done.

Static
  • Static

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:33 PM Edited by StaticLW, 24 May 2014 - 04:35 PM.

Anyone else find OP's sig kinda ironic.

Can only use AA but has a pic of a sniper.

And I think OP has a comprehension problem.

• Megakillertron likes this

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Back from retirement....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

anyone else find OP's sig kinda ironic.

Maybe he's not a quickscoping dirt bag?
I don't mind the roll but I think definitely needs to have a cooldown of some sort.

Sometimes it feels like I'm playing death match with RVD.
  • WillWorthington3 and PoeticWhisper like this

Static
  • Static

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

anyone else find OP's sig kinda ironic.

Maybe he's not a quickscoping dirt bag?
I don't mind the roll but I think definitely needs to have a cooldown of some sort.

Sometimes it feels like I'm playing death match with RVD.

That went over your head I guess. Wasn't referring to quickscoping in the slightest, but ok.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users