Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was anybody else not crazy about the Hexer?

24 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

You know the Hexer, Johnny's bike? Were any of you not big into it or even disliked it? I didn't really like it, seeing as it was really big and bulky. Don't get me wrong, you could go fast on it, but it didn't corner too well. I would've preferred him with something like an Angel, or maybe even the option to change which bike is your "default" bike as you progress through the game, like how bikes are added to the list you can ask Clay to bring for you.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

I absolutely adored the Hexer, mostly for looks. They perfectly described it as the "modern classic", it looked kinda hefty and industrial unlike those modern showbikes where you could fit a basketball between the downtube and the engine, but it also had the long fork, neato rake construction, the pointed handlebars, etc.

Turning could sometimes be a pain, but that applies to most all the bikes. It's realistic, much more desirable than the GTA V Hexer which starts, stops, and turns on a dime. 

The Deamon, Wayfayer, and Angel all had identical stats. True, they could turn a bit more, but their acceleration and top speeds were a deal lower than the Lost bikes (Hexer, Diabolus, Hellfury, Innovation) 

If you wanted a good utilitarian chopper, then maybe use the Zombie B or the Revenant, but the Rev is piss ugly in my opinion. The Hexer isn't that hard to control over all and especially since I've gotten so used to it.

I think on its looks alone it's a great staple bike for Johnny but also it's a good combo between a top the speed of the Lost bikes and handling of the AoD bikes.

• LancerG2 likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

Clay, I'm thinking I'd look badass on a Zombie B. I ride it in honor of Jim Fitzgerald. He sure was a princely son of a bitch.
  • universetwisters and Drunken Cowboy like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:15 AM

but the Rev is piss ugly in my opinion

The thing I loved most about the Revenant is that you could do wheelies with it.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

but the Rev is piss ugly in my opinion

The thing I loved most about the Revenant is that you could do wheelies with it.

Same with the shorter bikes, Wolfsbane, Nightblade, Hellfury if you put in some effort.

But if you're going for stunts just find a Sanchez or a Jap scrap. I also just find out that the Hellfury is the fastest non rice-rocket bike, slightly faster than all of the choppers. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

I know the Hexer could pull off good wheelies, but only for about three feet from a burnout. The Revenant's the only chopper I can think of that you can do one on while cruising down the highway.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

I know the Hexer could pull off good wheelies, but only for about three feet from a burnout. The Revenant's the only chopper I can think of that you can do one on while cruising down the highway.

The Wolfsbane and Nightblade are pretty compact, I think you can do it with them.
I'll test it next time I'm in EFLC online.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

Never played TLAD but I loved my purple Hellfury on GTA IV. It was my go to bike in almost any situation.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come with me! Move it!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Wasn't too crazy about it.

My favorite will always be a Black w Red shine Hellfury. It's got a demonic look to it with, with spikes above the headlight and blades for rims. Followed by the 2nd best bike the Zombie. Both are very good for wheelies. Vanilla IV had the best bikes (excluding the Freeway)

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

Not enough 7ombie B love here. Loved the look of it, loved the fact Jim rode it, and loved the fact I could ride a bike that kinda looked like the Angel just not AoD affilliated.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by Grievous, 25 May 2014 - 04:02 PM.

I didn't liked the fact that you were forced into using the Hexer in the majority of story missions, even when the Lost brotherhood aren't directly concerned, the game will automatically load up Johnny's default Hexer vehicle for you to use, and sometimes the mission will even refuse to proceed if you aren't using the Hexer!

At least John Marston got to pick the horse he wanted to saddle on, even if it didn't mattered much.

Worse however is that this 'default protagonist vehicle' carried its way into Grand Theft Auto V to such a degree that it feels useless to bother buying/stealing/modifying any other vehicles when the protagonist's default signature vehicle will always infinitively respawn and carry any customization you bought for it, whereas any other vehicle can easily get lost and become unretrievable.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

I never really liked any bikes in GTA IV or it's Episodes. They all felt to bulky and hard of handling to me and were never fun to drive in my opinion.

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

It´s not my favorite chopper,but I like it.I like cruisers like Freeway,Wolfsbane and Revenant and vintage looking choppers like Daemon,Angel,Zombie and Wayfarer a bit more,but I also like Hexer because it´s not some radically designed show bike,it looks simple and like a real modern chopper for everyday use.

• Jeansowaty likes this

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

You know the Hexer, Johnny's bike? Were any of you not big into it or even disliked it? I didn't really like it, seeing as it was really big and bulky. Don't get me wrong, you could go fast on it, but it didn't corner too well. I would've preferred him with something like an Angel, or maybe even the option to change which bike is your "default" bike as you progress through the game, like how bikes are added to the list you can ask Clay to bring for you.

I actually liked it a lot but I preferred it's beta, dark-grey texture since it fits Johnny more.
They probably retextured it so the bike can resemble the Israeli flag because Johnny is jewish.
8xEehn7.gif

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

I never really liked it that much, I prefer the Diabolus, Revenant and Angel over it.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

I actually liked it a lot but I preferred it's beta, dark-grey texture since it fits Johnny more.
They probably retextured it so the bike can resemble the Israeli flag because Johnny is jewish.]

That's a brash assumption.
I actually really liked the color scheme. It seemed like the "modern classic" hot-roddy bike it set out to be, but didn't go too outrageous like typical show choppers. When I get ny bike running IRL I was thinking something similar for the paintjob.

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

They probably retextured it so the bike can resemble the Israeli flag because Johnny is jewish.]

I actually really liked the color scheme. It seemed like the "modern classic" hot-roddy bike it set out to be, but didn't go too outrageous like typical show choppers. When I get ny bike running IRL I was thinking something similar for the paintjob.

Sorry for the off topic post,but what bike do you have?

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Quite hard to believe in any other reason to colour the bike into white-blue instead of dark grey. I would much rather colour my bike in dark grey-black scheme than that.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

Quite hard to believe in any other reason to colour the bike into white-blue instead of dark grey. I would much rather colour my bike in dark grey-black scheme than that.

Perhaps white & blue look good on a motorbike like that? It's the same reason as to why people paint their Adders chrome - preference.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

I'm pretty sure It's because he is a Jew. He's called Klebitz the Heb and Johnny the Jew in the story by Billy, who knows him very well. Also, the "230 pounds of Jewish biker" quote is again another reference of his heritage. His bike is custom made as well so I think that's why his Hexer has that color scheme.

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:05 PM Edited by nobum62, 03 June 2014 - 03:08 PM.

Turning could sometimes be a pain, but that applies to most all the bikes. It's realistic, much more desirable than the GTA V Hexer which starts, stops, and turns on a dime.

But most GTA V vehicles drive like sh*t anyway.

I do like the Hexer, but I am not so crazy about choppers. The Hexer is my favorite to ride though. Also, if you change the blue stripe on the Hexer to red, it looks quite nice, even without looking like a colorful mess. In other words, the Hexer with the red stripe looks beautiful even without looking like those fugly rainbow-themed supercars you see people driving in GTA Online.

I am not sure if I am clear enough, but I am saying that the Hexer with the red stripe looks colorful and bright, while not looking ugly like those ridiculous rainbow sports cars in GTA Online.

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

But most GTA V vehicles drive like sh*t anyway.

I do like the Hexer, but I am not so crazy about choppers. The Hexer is my favorite to ride though. Also, if you change the blue stripe on the Hexer to red, it looks quite nice, even without looking like a colorful mess. In other words, the Hexer with the red stripe looks beautiful even without looking like those fugly rainbow-themed supercars you see people driving in GTA Online.

I am not sure if I am clear enough, but I am saying that the Hexer with the red stripe looks colorful and bright, while not looking ugly like those ridiculous rainbow sports cars in GTA Online.

I agree,white and red Hexer looks really good.It reminds me of that bike Peter Fonda had in movie Easy Rider.

800px-Harley-Davidson_Museum_Easy_Rider_

I even tried to make Hexer and Daemon look like those bikes,but the colors and shape of the bikes were different(Daemon looks more like the bike with stripes and Hexer like the bike with flames).

0_0.jpg

• universetwisters likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

And I thought the 2nd bike was meant to be a Wayfarer from TLAD. Nice job!

• LeopardGecko likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

I love the Hexer, but technically since it's "Johnny's Bike" I hardly drive it in GTA Online, I stick to my Daemon/Bagger as it's like, I'm not worthy of taking Klebitz' bike.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

I love the Hexer, but technically since it's "Johnny's Bike" I hardly drive it in GTA Online, I stick to my Daemon/Bagger as it's like, I'm not worthy of taking Klebitz' bike.

Yet apparently the entire conglomerate of the Lost on the west coast don't have the same problem...

• universetwisters, nobum62 and LancerG2 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users