Photo

How to get any color in your cars + Color Codes

72 replies to this topic
WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

if i switch crews will my car keep the old crew colour or will it switch to the current crews colour? im thinking of making my own crew, spraying my car with a custom colour then rejoining my current crew but i don't know if that's possible

You can keep the old color. You can change it and it won't revert. Most of my cars have RGB colors.
  • DoubleDutch likes this

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by WillC-HHG, 18 August 2014 - 09:13 PM.

UPDATE: Rockstar implemented the ability to chnage the crew color with Hex in social club, like this

YjrcOzi.jpg?1

But it wont accept all colors. The Darkest Black you can get using Inspect Element is 0.0.1, if tht value is inserted into the HEX box in the updated color palette (as 000001), it will change it to 0.0.153. This might only work on colors found on the palette. 

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

UPDATE: Rockstar implemented the ability to chnage the crew color with Hex in social club, like this

YjrcOzi.jpg?1

But it wont accept all colors. The Darkest Black you can get using Inspect Element is 0.0.1, if tht value is inserted into the HEX box in the updated color palette (as 000001), it will change it to 0.0.153. This might only work on colors found on the palette. 

I noticed this too.

Took them long enough.

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

I noticed this too.

Took them long enough.

Yeah, it was time for they to make it this easy. Sadly they failed...

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

I noticed this too.

Took them long enough.

Yeah, it was time for they to make it this easy. Sadly they failed...

Per R*....

MathieuReckless
  • MathieuReckless

Taken 2

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

You can still edit the RGB and HEX values via the "Inspect Element".

Found it useful when trying to input the HEX code for dark green and it auto changed it to a lighter color when I used R* new pop up menu. I just put in the codes the old way and viola!

CjLosSantos
  • CjLosSantos

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

if i switch crews will my car keep the old crew colour or will it switch to the current crews colour? im thinking of making my own crew, spraying my car with a custom colour then rejoining my current crew but i don't know if that's possible

it stays I have a full crew colors on all my cars

Sum-gUy
  • Sum-gUy

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

Throwing in hex code for olive green yet it comes up as bright yellow once i save it. Any tips for using Google chrome that I may be missing. \

Once ive entered the hex, what needs to be done to save it. It seems it reverts to some R* auto colour.

Any help much appreciated.

supanaut
  • supanaut

Double O.G.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

Throwing in hex code for olive green yet it comes up as bright yellow once i save it. Any tips for using Google chrome that I may be missing. \

Once ive entered the hex, what needs to be done to save it. It seems it reverts to some R* auto colour.

Any help much appreciated.

As long as you're entering the hex in those 2 places in the code it should work... only other thing I would suggest is after you enter the hex click on another part of the code in the edit window before you close the window.

• Sum-gUy likes this

Sum-gUy
  • Sum-gUy

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

^^^thx^^^

Outlawstar
  • Outlawstar

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:16 AM Edited by Outlawstar, 13 September 2014 - 05:22 AM.

Just found this list which is handy not sure if its been posted. If anyone wants a color but can't get it due to being locked you can use this. It's a list from a file of all the official colors in the game.

http://hairyservers....color_codes.php

^^^

Thank you for sharing this I found it really helpful. Unfortunately, the link doesn't work anymore and i didn't save it into a text document. Is there any other way to get that list again? I searched everywhere 

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

Just found this list which is handy not sure if its been posted. If anyone wants a color but can't get it due to being locked you can use this. It's a list from a file of all the official colors in the game.

http://hairyservers....color_codes.php

^^^
Thank you for sharing this I found it really helpful. Unfortunately, the link doesn't work anymore and i didn't save it into a text document. Is there any other way to get that list again? I searched everywhere

I updated the original post with another link
  • Outlawstar likes this

gtasecrets
  • gtasecrets

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Anyone found a shade of white or grey that's accepted on social club since the patch?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users