How to get any color in your cars + Color Codes

72 replies to this topic
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

To simplify this, make a bookmark and call it something relevant like "Set crew colour", and paste this as the URL:

javascript:(function(){var col=prompt("Enter the colour hex value", "#abcdef");$(".minicolors-swatch span").css("background-color",col);$("createCrewFormColor,crewColor").val(col);})()

Then when you click that bookmark it asks for the colour value (must be the hex value, not rgb) and sets it for you.  No need to use the element inspector in the browser, and it means you can do it in browsers that are less friendly about editing.

• iainspad likes this

CjLosSantos
  • CjLosSantos

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

powder blue works spring green, sky blue, powder blue, i will work and more after work to see what works and does not

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

To simplify this, make a bookmark and call it something relevant like "Set crew colour", and paste this as the URL:

javascript:(function(){var col=prompt("Enter the colour hex value", "#abcdef");$(".minicolors-swatch span").css("background-color",col);$("createCrewFormColor,crewColor").val(col);})()

Then when you click that bookmark it asks for the colour value (must be the hex value, not rgb) and sets it for you.  No need to use the element inspector in the browser, and it means you can do it in browsers that are less friendly about editing.

Thanks! Just tried this method and worked, added it to the OP

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Aiekazie
  • Aiekazie

BLLLEEERRRRRRG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

I cannot get a pearlescent on my crew color. Anyone else confirm this? Or am I missing something so simple?

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

I cannot get a pearlescent on my crew color. Anyone else confirm this? Or am I missing something so simple?

Set the base color,then pearl and finally crew color.

Aiekazie
  • Aiekazie

BLLLEEERRRRRRG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

Hmm it might be I can't see that pearl with my crew color lol. Thanks.

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

I did it yesterday, but as you say, maybe it's not showing with your color.

Aiekazie
  • Aiekazie

BLLLEEERRRRRRG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

I did it yesterday, but as you say, maybe it's not showing with your color.
Yepp. That's what it was. Confirmed using a different crew color. Thanks for the troubleshoot haha

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:13 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 16 July 2014 - 03:15 AM.

basically, for the primary color

any of the metals (like brushed steel) will give your car a shiny look during certain parts of the day

chrome will always give the car a shiny look

if you want a color reflection but no shine, use metallic black or something similar

if you want no reflection or shine, use a matte black or something similar

right?

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

basically, for the primary color

any of the metals (like brushed steel) will give your car a shiny look during certain parts of the day
chrome will always give the car a shiny look
if you want a color reflection but no shine, use metallic black or something similar
if you want no reflection or shine, use a matte black or something similar

right?

You're right except in chrome, most of the time it will look like plain chrome, only will show color in the night, or under shadow.

Gizmowned
  • Gizmowned

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

Can't seem to get this working. It works on the page but once saved and I recheck it defaults back to the original color before editing. I tried some valid codes on page 1 as well with no luck and the bookmark script.

Can anyone try this code: #16152d

Should result in a dark blue.

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Can't seem to get this working. It works on the page but once saved and I recheck it defaults back to the original color before editing. I tried some valid codes on page 1 as well with no luck and the bookmark script.

Will check it and let you know if it worked

Gizmowned
  • Gizmowned

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Think I've sorted it out but the shade is completely wrong. Thanks though.

Is it me or do the colors seem to come out more brighter. Anyone else have this issue.

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Think I've sorted it out but the shade is completely wrong. Thanks though.

Is it me or do the colors seem to come out more brighter. Anyone else have this issue.

They do look brighter, check this page http://www.color-hex.com/color/16152d to see different shades, sometimes darker shades looks like the color you want, try with#111024

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Bifta'sRus☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

0_0.jpg

The pink was modded.

#FF1493

Sneaky-Salsa
  • Sneaky-Salsa

PLAYER F**KIN HATER

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by Sneaky-Salsa, 17 July 2014 - 01:13 PM.

If you guys want custom crew colours, i run 2 crews and am commissioner of the GTAP crew, and i rotate the colours pretty regularly using RGB combos that i make and upload to the GTAP combo gallery, feel free to join the crews, links below. heres a couple examples Also, heres a small guide to modding colours using RGB:

gtaproject.net/index.php?/topic/118-colour-interaction-and-mixing-tips/ :)

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

http://socialclub.ro...k_og_cream_team

http://socialclub.ro...kys_colour_crew

http://socialclub.ro...project_dot_net

CaptianBackwoods
  • CaptianBackwoods

Rebel Riders MC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

I'm wondering is there a set number fer how much darker we should go when making a color darker? I use hexcolortool.com so I cant get like 25% or certain numbers like that.

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'm wondering is there a set number fer how much darker we should go when making a color darker? I use hexcolortool.com so I cant get like 25% or certain numbers like that.

I always use 20-25%

CaptianBackwoods
  • CaptianBackwoods

Rebel Riders MC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Alright, I've just been experimenting with all the colors I've made so far.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

@salsa

it would be great if the gtap gallery was split or tagged, so you could see which combos require absolutely no save editor or magician. that would be useful in times when there is no spmp method

Sneaky-Salsa
  • Sneaky-Salsa

PLAYER F**KIN HATER

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

@salsa

it would be great if the gtap gallery was split or tagged, so you could see which combos require absolutely no save editor or magician. that would be useful in times when there is no spmp method

If it requires a magician or SE colours, i usually just get the closest substitute in LSC, like for Fluorescent blue i usually just throw a Ultra Blue over, or for Epsilon blue i use i think its a Nautical blue? (One of the lighter blues). Using Save editor colours has gotten harder though :s, now they use game file names instead of LSC names which i think is pretty lame.

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

@salsa

If it requires a magician or SE colours, i usually just get the closest substitute in LSC, like for Fluorescent blue i usually just throw a Ultra Blue over, or for Epsilon blue i use i think its a Nautical blue? (One of the lighter blues). Using Save editor colours has gotten harder though :s, now they use game file names instead of LSC names which i think is pretty lame.

I know, I've used it recently and now it's really hard to get the right color with all the color names changed :S

Gizmowned
  • Gizmowned

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:22 PM Edited by Gizmowned, 19 July 2014 - 05:33 PM.

Just found this list which is handy not sure if its been posted. If anyone wants a color but can't get it due to being locked you can use this. It's a list from a file of all the official colors in the game.

http://hairyservers....color_codes.php

Take the 2nd, 3rd and 4th numbers in the brackets and use them in a color swatch. It's the RGB combo or you can use the last 6 digits in the 0xFF code.

For instance Lime is a locked color but using this.

LIME_GREEN = 0xFF568F00 (255, 86, 143, 0)

R: 86

G: 143

B: 0

Outputs : #568F00 (http://www.color-hex.com/color/568f00)

Pretty handy since you can do pretty much everything, I've just used it on my Adder for brushed gold since i haven't reached rank 100 and it's identical you can use all shade of the silver metal to make a dark gold or bright version. The metal effects aren't identical but the classic, matt or metallic are.

Its also cool if you want a certain color already in-game but in the matt version, or say you like the color but want it to be a little more stronger or weaker in color. Just take the color into photoshop and increase/decrease saturation it by 10% and use the new code.

I'm going to test around with some colors see if I can make any cool ones. I took one of the default browns and increased the red saturation in Photoshop then took the new code. Looks more what I wanted.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• WillC-HHG likes this

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Just found this list which is handy not sure if its been posted. If anyone wants a color but can't get it due to being locked you can use this. It's a list from a file of all the official colors in the game.

http://hairyservers....color_codes.php

Take the 2nd, 3rd and 4th numbers in the brackets and use them in a color swatch. It's the RGB combo or you can use the last 6 digits in the 0xFF code.
For instance Lime is a locked color but using this.

LIME_GREEN = 0xFF568F00 (255, 86, 143, 0)

R: 86
G: 143
B: 0

Outputs : #568F00 (http://www.color-hex.com/color/568f00)

Pretty handy since you can do pretty much everything, I've just used it on my Adder for brushed gold since i haven't reached rank 100 and it's identical. The metal effects aren't identical but the classic, matt or metallic are.

Thanks man, will update OP when I'm in my laptop (currently on my iPad)
  • Outlawstar likes this

MathieuReckless
  • MathieuReckless

Taken 2

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

I have been trying to get this color on my Turismo but have not had much luck. The photo says its "Blue Cyan" but when I used a few different HEX codes that claimed to be Blue Cyan they didn't seem to come out correctly. Maybe I'm doing the process of adding the colors to my car while in LSC since I'd have to be adding a Pearlescent to the Crew Color to get the desired color like in the picture.

McLaren-P1-Blue-Cyan.jpg

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Has this been patched?  Been trying to get the White Crew Color to work but, it's not working.  I've followed all the steps and still, nothing.  Can somebody here help me out?

WillC-HHG
  • WillC-HHG

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:00 AM

Has this been patched?  Been trying to get the White Crew Color to work but, it's not working.  I've followed all the steps and still, nothing.  Can somebody here help me out?

Some colors can't be done, most of them are greys and whites. You could do it a few months ago, but apparently those colors are patched. I changed mine to red two days ago, so it works except with those colors.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

Damn, I wanted white or gray soooo bad! LOL

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:02 AM Edited by iainspad, 17 August 2014 - 03:04 AM.

...Clever Girl. O.O

DoubleDutch
  • DoubleDutch

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:05 PM Edited by DoubleDutch, 17 August 2014 - 08:07 PM.

if i switch crews will my car keep the old crew colour or will it switch to the current crews colour? im thinking of making my own crew, spraying my car with a custom colour then rejoining my current crew but i don't know if that's possible

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users