Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO Problems - What's yours?

180 replies to this topic

Poll: GTAO Problems - What's yours? (146 member(s) have cast votes)

What major problem have you encountered in GTAO that has now stopped you playing?

1. Constant Freezing when playing or trying to get online (60 votes [20.20%])

Percentage of vote: 20.20%

2. unknown network error for ps3 update 1.13 / Timed out joining session (42 votes [14.14%])

Percentage of vote: 14.14%

3. Online launching indefinately (25 votes [8.42%])

Percentage of vote: 8.42%

4. Game freezes when hosting your own job (13 votes [4.38%])

Percentage of vote: 4.38%

5. Only 2 or 3 people joining jobs you host / game not refreshing invite list & inviting new people all the time (23 votes [7.74%])

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

6. Not much support from Rockstar support regarding freezing or other issues. (42 votes [14.14%])

Percentage of vote: 14.14%

7. No heists - 23rd May2014 and still no heists... (46 votes [15.49%])

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

8. Garage slot 1 and 3 glitch. (5 votes [1.68%])

Percentage of vote: 1.68%

9. Other (35 votes [11.78%])

Percentage of vote: 11.78%

10. No Problems-- the game works fine for me (6 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by elless777, 08 July 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Keep getting unknown network error on the 360 which really helps no-one.

Yet more evidence that this is Rockstars problem and not ours.

Hopefully their latest maintenance was to also add more memory to their servers.

Please keep voting and adding your dismay / issues. Thanks.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by elless777, 09 July 2014 - 06:31 PM.

For informtion purposes only, here is the latest on my support ticket which was finally answered after 33 days.....

And my slightly annoyed answer.

• Tyler_J_1516 June 29, 2014 07:50

Hello Elless777,

Thank you for contacting R* Technical Support.

We apologize for the delay, We at R* Technical Support are unable to refund you money for the game your purchased via third party. We would like to advise you if indeed want to return your merchandise you need to do so at the retail provider where you purchased merchandise.

If you are having any issues with GTA Online in-game, please refer to the following troubleshooting guide we have laid out for PS3:

We'd like to provide assistance with any Online-related issues with our connection troubleshooting guide:

1. Check all the physical devices on your network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
    2. Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.

Understanding NAT Types:

NAT Types:
    Open
    Moderate
    Strict

Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
    Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
    Strict can ONLY connect to open.
    Strict NATs are a difficult problem with peer-to-peer games. Since most people don't have open NATs, the player with a strict NAT won't be able to find many joinable games.

Also, if the player with a strict NAT does manage to join a game, if another player with a moderate NAT joins later, the player with the strict NAT gets kicked out.

The problem is even worse since it is sometimes difficult for software (i.e. Games for Windows Live) to detect which NAT type it is running behind, and can often report that the player has a moderate NAT when they actually have a strict NAT.

Another problem is that sometimes the ISP (Internet Service Provider) is also NAT'd which often means even if you have a direct connection to the internet (without a router/firewall), the ISP still acts as a strict NAT.

Port Forwarding:

The following ports are beneficial to have open for Online console gaming:

TCP: 53, 80, 443, 465, 983, 1863, 3074, 5223, 10070-10080
    UDP: 53, 88, 1863, 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 10070

If you need assistance with opening these ports, please refer to the following website for more information (you will need to know your router brand and model, as the website guides are based on specific routers)

http://portforward.c...routerindex.htm

Here are some additional tips that have helped many players improve their connectivity:

1. Make sure your router's firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).
    2. Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
    3. Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.
    4. Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router.
    5. If you don't care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your PC's address. This turns off all of your router's firewall features for that specific PC.
    6. Get a router that has the "Xbox LIVE compatible" or "Certified for Windows Vista" logo.
    7. Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS setting should be.

Direct Connection/Power Cycle:

If you are still having issues connecting to the online servers after trying the above steps, try connecting your broadband modem directly to the console or PC on which you are playing this game. At this point, please disconnect your Broadband modem from power for Five (5) minutes. After this time has elapsed, plug the modem back into power and allow the normal power-up cycle to finish.

If this does not resolve your issue, please let us know.

Best Regards,
    Tyler J
    R* Technical Support

•  
    Elless777 Today at 19:19

No no and no. I am sick to death of you pointing me towards my console, isp or game.

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM!!! NOT MINE!!!

Try taking a look at your servers and increasing the memory.
    Go take a look at the thread I have added a link to.

Now 78 votes and 90 replies, all regarding YOUR game problems.

Stop treating me and other customers like we are thick and take a look at your servers!!!

And just as one of the many reasons why I know it is you...
    You recently did some server maintenance prior to the 7/7 one.

I hadn't been able to host one of my creations for 8-10 weeks up to that
    point and then while you are doing that mainenance, suddenly I could host one.

THE PROBLEM LIES WITH YOU.

Sort it out please and stop telling me to check things at my end. I have tried everythinjg.
    As have many many others both on PS3 AND XBOX.

Elless777 Today at 19:30

In fact just to reiterate my above reply....

I have tried everything possible and none of it fixed the issues I have when trying to play your broken game.

So I repeat, no no and no, I will not waste my time with your arrogant possible fixes when I know they haven't worked and still won't work.

And....try reading the rest of this support ticket and the one it's relating to next time, then maybe you would know what medium I am using to TRY and play GTAO on.

You would also see that I have tried everything too.

Such arrogance only fuels my already boiling angst at the way you have directed me in trying to resolve what is your problem.

I CAN'T FIX YOUR SERVERS FOR YOU.

And for the record, stop releasing new dlc's and try working on the most important issues that a lot of us are having.

I could probably have carried on for many pages but had to stop somewhere.....at least for now.

• fulgore1973 likes this

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:18 AM Edited by elless777, 12 July 2014 - 07:19 AM.

Got online last night finally and interestingly, the first time I tried.

Managed to host a few of my own jobs which is a massive rarity - from the host job - own jobs menu, usually it freezes.

Played for about 4 hrs no problems except for a bit of lag.

Trying again now, thinking hoping that they had actually imporved and fixed the game at last......

But no, I guess I just got lucky, tried three times again now, sm is fine, michael has even made some cash.

Try online and freeze freeze, freeze.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

bump

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:48 AM

do you have a social club account? some issues seem related to that. try unlinking it and then playing for a bit before you link it again and see ifyou notice any differences. seems to temporarily fix my lag issues as well as hanging up while loading stuck in the clouds.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

"unknown network error" is really grinding my gears as of late.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:24 PM Edited by elless777, 17 July 2014 - 06:25 PM.

do you have a social club account? some issues seem related to that. try unlinking it and then playing for a bit before you link it again and see ifyou notice any differences. seems to temporarily fix my lag issues as well as hanging up while loading stuck in the clouds.

If you're talking to me...I've already tried,. no joy.

Thanks for the thought and who knows it might help someone else.

That unknown error has stopped (maybe temporarily) for me right now. Since they did their so called "Maintenance" , I have now been able to host my own jobs again (when I actually do manage to get online)  without it freezing straight away.

It still does but now after 3 or 4 goes.

fulgore1973
  • fulgore1973

Player Hater

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by fulgore1973, 18 July 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Pffffft, where do I start. I've been playing on-line since the beginning of January this year with relatively no problems. Then R* releases patch 1.14 and everything went to bloody f**k. Amongst my problems now, are: - 

Trying to join a quick race. The map zooms out 3 times to indicate I am about to be connected to a host but nothing happens, the game just hangs there. I can then either wait minutes to see if it connects, which pisses everyone off in the lobby you're trying to join because they can't start the race without you, wait some more until you get the black screen saying 'network error' or go back to my Xbox 360 home screen and restart the game.

Having hardly no time to choose my vehicle, if I'm lucky, sometimes I just appear at the player lobby with the vehicle selection screen skipped altogether because of terrible lag or whatever.

Game freeze during the race. I'm out in front when my game freezes for a second or two and players who were behind me are now racing off into the distance. 

Constant network error messages. Resulting in myself being kicked from a race which has started, being kicked from freemode into single player, kicked from lobbies, etc.....

R* support is pretty useless. They wont admit that these problems are their fault and just blame people's consoles or their ISP's and every time you send them a ticket about these problems, it's always the same old crap - 'clear your hard drive cache' or 'delete everything but your saves, that will work'. No R* it does not and you know it doesn't. Stop patronising your customers and at least own up to these issues and give us some peace of mind by saying that you're at least trying to work out these problems. GTA On-line isn't fun any more, it is just pure frustration.

Forgot to mention that I have already submitted a request to R* about these problems, their response is here : https://support.rock...equests/2524019

It just points out R*'s failings when it comes to support. The last member of their support staff that contacted me about this issue was so arrogant (or just couldn't be bothered) that when he sent his answer, he was so convinced that his advice would work, that he deemed my case solved and closed it. 

• elless777 likes this

ProfessorPlaid
  • ProfessorPlaid

I joke too much

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:02 AM Edited by ProfessorPlaid, 20 July 2014 - 02:03 AM.

I just lost my voltic which I worked really hard to get, first super car I bought in the game and I was super excited to use it. I'm pretty sure it was in slot 3 when it disappeared

fulgore1973
  • fulgore1973

Player Hater

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

I just lost my voltic which I worked really hard to get, first super car I bought in the game and I was super excited to use it. I'm pretty sure it was in slot 3 when it disappeared

Submit a report to R* support and keep bugging them on their Rockstar Support Twitter page to take a look at it until you get a response. Just waiting for them to look at your report without nagging them takes ages.

• elless777 likes this

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Submit a report to R* support and keep bugging them on their Rockstar Support Twitter page to take a look at it until you get a response. Just waiting for them to look at your report without nagging them takes ages.

Indeed, the more people that rasie the issues, regardless of what they are, will help get them resolved.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

Indeed, the more people that rasie the issues, regardless of what they are, will help get them resolved.

what exactly are your problems again? same as they were to start with?  I forget and i dont wanna reread 4 pages.  if they are the same im starting to think its on your end, my problems continually change with every patch.  ive only got one thing thats on my side and that is the session lag when it gets really bad.  it was very hard to troubleshoot cause other people get it sometimes as there is some caused by the game so it took me a while to track down as ive gotten it on other networks as well, but it got really severe at times and i started doing more in depth tests of my connection and discovered that when i run a traceroute i get some random ping spikes from certain servers that my internet traffic goes through about hop 5-6 where my isp starts sending it to someone else, they are looking into it now to find out if its on their side or the other providers side but for some reason it only shows up on a traceroute and not a regualar speed or ping test like what speedtest.net and pingtest.net do.  i ran it multiple times to multiple servers and sometimes its fine but when there is a spike its always at the same spot and anywhere from 100-400 ms so that could very well be causing my lag that causes my combat roll to not work and my guns not change and makes me have to shoot people 4 times in the face with a heavy sniper before they die but they only gotta hit me once with a pistol, very annoying

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by elless777, 24 July 2014 - 05:38 PM.

thanks for adding your thoughts, please keep doing so. they all help.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

still getting freezing problems...thread bumped.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:44 PM Edited by sultangris, 27 July 2014 - 09:44 PM.

apparently thats not the cause of my lag networking experts say.  the spike is only at one hop and if it affected my traffic it should increase from that number at every following hop but it instead returns down to normal numbers.  the reason they say that one spikes is cause icmp ping packet traffic is very low priority and while the actual information is forwarded in a timely manner the reply acknowledging that that it was forwarded is delayed. back to square 1, still pretty sure its the buggy ass game patches though, heh

• elless777 likes this

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:50 PM Edited by elless777, 01 August 2014 - 05:27 AM.

update...

The game is starting for me a bit more now, going through the start menu etc.

Hosting my own jobs..well...still freezing......probably won't be long before It freezes when I get online again either....

KBL007
  • KBL007

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

Major freezing last couple of days. Mainly when launching jobs but at other times as well. :(

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

Cause of my lag still unknown. Doesn't seem to happen in invite only sessions with only 3 people. Tried using my 24 inch computer monitor instead of my 70 inch tv in case ps3 have trouble pushing picture that large. No difference.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:14 PM Edited by elless777, 01 August 2014 - 03:15 PM.

Cause of my lag still unknown. Doesn't seem to happen in invite only sessions with only 3 people. Tried using my 24 inch computer monitor instead of my 70 inch tv in case ps3 have trouble pushing picture that large. No difference.

There are too many variables to consider regarding the problems we are all having.

Sure you can look at this, uninstall that, restore the library etc etc bla bla bla but it won't work.

This is a server / rockstar problem. I wish I knew exactly but alas....

The issues I experience happen all at once, or just freezing when joining online, or freezing when I host one of my own jobs.

This won't be sorted out until rockstar pinpoint the direct reason for our latency / freezing / network error so on and

so forth.

For me and the issues I have or have had are seemingly server related. My best guess still.

Someone suggested in another thread that the reason other games still work online is because they are single layered discs.

And gtao is dual layered.  Sounds plausible on paper but I'm playing online right now and have done successfully

(aside from host own job freezing) for a few days. So that possibility can be dismissed too.

NoahPointCenter
  • NoahPointCenter

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Every single flippin time I try to join a quick job, I get that continuous loading sky cam crap. It takes at least 3 mins to finally load in the job lobby, then when I'm there the host and everyone is gone. So irritating

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Match making sucks and has tons of issues. Spectators cause lag/endless clouds, deathmatch timers expiring but not ending till the spectator quits. People voting on different jobs always causes longer cloud loading times. If you see someone vote different press circle and quit immediately to avoid the lag. Timing out, unknown connection error, unable to contact session, player left, player on job, ferris wheel Asteroids situations always cause loading endless clouds/slow session lag. Restart game clearing game cache fixes it. I do this every 30 min sometimes of I can't avoid the cause of the lag.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Got a couple more bugs earlier, one of them I term very sarcasticly as classic.

I was rooftop rumbling and some idiot kid ran me over at the start so I rpg'd his car next to him. He sent me a msg and I duly obliged by replying and telling him what I thought of him.

After much annoyance, I decided to just stand on a container with this immature not out of his mums nickers yet kid spamming me with...well you probably can guess.

So the little sh*t kicks me with the help of the other player in the mission and here comes the bug...

I actually get a message telling me I had left the game halfway through and if I kept doing it, I would get this bad sport crap.

Tbh, BS doesn't bother me, I can't get online every time anyway but it's yet another bug rockstar need to sort out. They kicked me, I did not leave.

The other bug was when I reported another child taking the piss ingame. As soon as I tried to report, the game froze....

@ NoahPointCenter, I had the same crap earlier. I was just about to restart GTAO, when finally after about 10 minutes the mission started.

Also saw my first boulder earlier, strange thing is, it appeared during rooftoop rumble.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

^common known bugs, ironically if you actually quit and leave you don't get a bs warning, lol!

Rock thing is like a virus, it will slow and lag your system following you to every session and infecting every player you contact until you clear your game cache. This also fixes endless clouds loading screen until you encounter one of the many other causes. I restart my console and clear my game cache probably every 30 minutes when I play cause I'm constantly playing missions and switching sessions so I frequently encounter things that cause it to lag. Unless you play invite only session you're gonna have issues.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

bump

trippy bongos
  • trippy bongos

lift em up again

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by trippy bongos, 06 August 2014 - 11:19 PM.

I can't f*ckin play the game anymore!I open up the phone and join a random race,it never loads up,always an infinite loading screen and after 5 minutes of loading,I'm the host and the only one in the lobby.I try to go back to freeroam,it loads again until the end of the world.they created these f*ckin stupid problems with their hands and they don't care about these things anymore because they want to sell the game again and steal more money from players.f*ck it,I'm really pissed off,such a shame for game maker idiots.YOU'VE GIVEN BIRTH TO THESE f*ckIN STUPID ERRORS AND YOU DO NOTHING TO SOLVE IT!!!

If I join a lobby,when it's about to start the race,it kicks me and saying "connection lost due to an unknown network error" what the f*ck is an unknow network error?And it says "go back to gta5 singleplayer and try again"

I try to join a race lobby,it says "timed out,go back to singleplayer and try again"

I join a lobby,my xbox live gets disconnected,I return to dashboard but I see that I'm correctly connected into xbox live.

WHY THE f*ck DO I HAVE TO RETURN TO SINGLEPLAYER BECAUSE OF A f*ckIN TIMED OUT ERROR WHILE TRYING TO JOIN A LITTLE RACE LOBBY?WHY NOT TURNING BACK TO THE RECENT ONLINE SERVER?WHAT THE f*ck IS THIS BUNCH OF ERRORS,IT'S NOT A GAME,I CAN SAY THAT IT'S A f*ckIN ANNOYING PIECE OF HELL.I DON'T WANT TO SEE THESE ERROR MESSAGES ANYMORE BUT IF I SEE,I DON'T WANT TO TURN BACK TO SINGLEPLAYER AND WASTE 5 MORE MINUTES TO FIND A ONLINE SESSION!!f*ck OFF

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for all the votes so far, 110 !

They all count so please keep on, also if anyone is experiencing new bugs or other bugs than those listed, please let me / know here.

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Up until today no real problems.. Then absolutely terrible, missions not launching and leaving us all stranded in the load up screen (we can all talk and Xbox not frozen) or spawning inside garages in missions or even in vehicles causing the cars to dance and catapult us everywhere, its happened about 3 times so far today.
  • elless777 likes this

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by elless777, 13 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Bump

trumpetplayer20
  • trumpetplayer20

Me Noob You Pro ;P

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

i cant play online dont know why sometimes it makes me host and sometimes when i join my friends or other hosts it freezes so i cant do any thing or i cant even quit ,  i can play solo but not online why ? my nat type is nat type 3 

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

I have mentioned possible solutions above but I know what you mean, my nat is open too and so is my isp's, so no fault there.

I still doon't believe it is user related.

Ticket rockstar, I think they are slowly getting nearer to resolving the freezing issue.

It still happens for me too, mostly when I try and host one of my jobs or joining a job. Starting GTAO now works more oftem than it did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users