Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAO Problems - What's yours?

180 replies to this topic

Poll: GTAO Problems - What's yours? (146 member(s) have cast votes)

What major problem have you encountered in GTAO that has now stopped you playing?

1. Constant Freezing when playing or trying to get online (60 votes [20.20%])

Percentage of vote: 20.20%

2. unknown network error for ps3 update 1.13 / Timed out joining session (42 votes [14.14%])

Percentage of vote: 14.14%

3. Online launching indefinately (25 votes [8.42%])

Percentage of vote: 8.42%

4. Game freezes when hosting your own job (13 votes [4.38%])

Percentage of vote: 4.38%

5. Only 2 or 3 people joining jobs you host / game not refreshing invite list & inviting new people all the time (23 votes [7.74%])

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

6. Not much support from Rockstar support regarding freezing or other issues. (42 votes [14.14%])

Percentage of vote: 14.14%

7. No heists - 23rd May2014 and still no heists... (46 votes [15.49%])

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

8. Garage slot 1 and 3 glitch. (5 votes [1.68%])

Percentage of vote: 1.68%

9. Other (35 votes [11.78%])

Percentage of vote: 11.78%

10. No Problems-- the game works fine for me (6 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheNumberOfTheBreast
  • TheNumberOfTheBreast

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

Sorry elless777, only R* can confirm. Considering they're deleting posts mentioning freezing from their support site, this won't be happening soon.

The more people in the same area of the map at the same time the worse the problems are, there can be more people in sessions if they are spread all over the map, but when they are all at los santos customs with tanks killing each other you get split up quick, lol!

Not necessarily, my new 2nd garage is in Sandy Shores and I freeze out there all the time. Even in private sessions with less than half a server. You're right about the session split though. Sometimes people are kicked out of the private session into a public when others freeze. For the most part however, we have simultaneous freezing in our crew servers. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Sorry elless777, only R* can confirm. Considering they're deleting posts mentioning freezing from their support site, this won't be happening soon.

The more people in the same area of the map at the same time the worse the problems are, there can be more people in sessions if they are spread all over the map, but when they are all at los santos customs with tanks killing each other you get split up quick, lol!

Not necessarily, my new 2nd garage is in Sandy Shores and I freeze out there all the time. Even in private sessions with less than half a server. You're right about the session split though. Sometimes people are kicked out of the private session into a public when others freeze. For the most part however, we have simultaneous freezing in our crew servers. 

what are you doing when this happens? i notice that some in our crew have lots of freezing problems and i do too off and on.  Sometimes a few will freeze at the same time and sometimes its just one. its weird and random and i havent been able to figure out what causes it.  It happens in free modes and deathmatches,  sometimes i freeze every 5 minutes, and so does another of my crew, but then i can play for hours doing the same things with no problems at all.  seems like i dont have near as many problems in public sessions with no crew or friends in it.  I havent froze coming out of my garage in a few patches now but my apartments arent as populated as the 400K one where back in the day i would get stuck between my garage and the door all the time.  that pissed me off, plus the constant war outside, so i moved to a better location and never had that problem since, haha!  Often if im going semi fast the game will pause for a few seconds and usually start moving again, but sometimes it just freezes.  It also happens if im just standing still too though, no damn consistency to it at all. very frustrating.

TheNumberOfTheBreast
  • TheNumberOfTheBreast

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Almost the same here, word for word, but I've frozen leaving my garage recently. It's completely unpredictable and happens across all game types. I found it was less common in public severs (even full ones) with few or no crew members as well.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by elless777, 30 May 2014 - 05:06 PM.

Ok thanks anyway. Guess time will tell...

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

bump

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

Can't remove extended mag! The bug has been out there since the day GTAO launched.

I once timed out when LEAVING GTA Online.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Please keep voting.

TheBoyCalledSam
  • TheBoyCalledSam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

My problem is the poorly designed missions with underpaid reward but extremely hard with ultimate respawning enemies behind your back, 150% accuracy and 120% power.

You don't have that on the list

Unpaid jobs? The only underpaid jobs are ones you unlock from like level 1... Other ones are way overpaid like stocks and scares, rooftop rumble ect. Maybe you need to level up a little and unlock better jobs or just join ones... And never knew you could get stats on the enemy power and stuff, oh you can't you just aren't good at playing clearly XD

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

bump

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by elless777, 06 June 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Just to keep those of you who have contributed to this thread aprised.....

My support case with Rockstar has now entered it's 2nd week without even the smallest of replies.

I've no doubt I will be talking to someone at some point in their support center but in the mean time, note how long this is taking, from a gamers point of view.

I know other people have also waited weeks etc so no need to go about it here.

Just consider this, why would you buy another of their games with support as bad as this?

Why would you buy another of their games with all the bugs and time wasted trying to resolve them?

Why would you even want to go near another Rockstar product untill they sort out the mess that GTAO is?

Anyways, as before, thanks for voting and please keep your complaints & votes coming.

This is now 2 months or more now since my freezing issue started. I can actually see Rockstar releasing heists before they solve this.

What a kick in the teeth to the people who spent good money for a game that doesn't work, that will be.

PaperChasin11
  • PaperChasin11

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

my game keeps saying "failed to host a GTA online session" every time i've tried to play online today. WTF?!?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

took them a month to respond to my question submitted to tech support, and the answer they gave me was not even remotely related to my problem, lol!  Ive not had any problem with their games before, but this one is pretty much a beta test game, full of bugs.  my problems started worsening in 1.11 and became unplayable in 1.12, 1.13 seemed to return it to  1.11 freezing rate, which is playable, however it introduced lobby lag which makes changing weapons, combat rolling, and any other two button combo action take much longer than normal and usually fail completely. Achieving lock is much harder, taking longer and failing 1/3 of the time and it takes more bullets to kill someone, seemingly hitboxes are off or something. 

Baskins15
  • Baskins15

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

Can't even get online. Tried several times to delete the game cache and re downloaded as instructed multiple times in order to play in an invite only.

Sadly, from what I have realized is that Private lobbies are not for both of my characters as they seem to freeze upon walking out the garage or even driving a couple feet from said garage. However, sometimes I can go to the store but cannot buy things or even access my bank for some reason? Weird thing is I can join public lobbies without trouble a couple days ago but unfortunately I have a bounty that will forever be on both my characters, lol. Hopefully, Rockstar fixes the freezing issues as this happens almost twenty to thirty minutes daily and the amount of hard freezing that my PlayStation 3 handles on a daily basis...

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Ever since the High-Life update, I haven't been able to use the 'Go' feature in Online play. I'm on Xbox 360 (but my problem is similar to option 2 on the poll).

All the other options seem to function properly, but that one. I'm sending R* an email about the problem today.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Ever since the High-Life update, I haven't been able to use the 'Go' feature in Online play. I'm on Xbox 360 (but my problem is similar to option 2 on the poll).

All the other options seem to function properly, but that one. I'm sending R* an email about the problem today.

Yeah sorry, guess in hind sight I maybe should have mentioned both consoles as they both seem to be suffering very simliar problems.

Cheers for posting, please say how your support ticket goes.

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

Two main ones for me. 

1. Not being able to connect with crew members from the start menu. Friends are fine generally but I cant invite or join other crew members. 

2. Golf. When you go to watch someone playing golf the advert thing (dunno the correct term, advertising the Huntley etc) stays on the screen and when you go back to the lobby all menus/huds etc are gone, you cant press start to bring up a menu, cant change weapon etc. 

Oh and hair removal. Highly annoying!

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

bump

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

Two main ones for me. 

1. Not being able to connect with crew members from the start menu. Friends are fine generally but I cant invite or join other crew members. 

2. Golf. When you go to watch someone playing golf the advert thing (dunno the correct term, advertising the Huntley etc) stays on the screen and when you go back to the lobby all menus/huds etc are gone, you cant press start to bring up a menu, cant change weapon etc. 

Oh and hair removal. Highly annoying!

you can connect if you go to the crews list and view members and join game. 

joining anyone in any mission as a spectator seems to cause issues and often leads to an extended load time or console freeze.

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

As of today, I have no response in regards to the support ticket from R*. I also cannot join MP with the 'Go' option in Online.

Any idea what the length of time average is for them to respond?

Thanks

Well, that's strange. I have the total opposite problem...I can only invite or join crew members, but nobody in public MP. 

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by elless777, 13 June 2014 - 02:44 PM.

As of today, I have no response in regards to the support ticket from R*. I also cannot join MP with the 'Go' option in Online.

Any idea what the length of time average is for them to respond?

Thanks

I don't think anyone can answer this.

I sent a ticket 6 or 7 weeks ago and they responded quite fast. Re opened the ticket because their arrogance allowed them to believe that my issues were solved and haven't heard anything back. It's been 10 or 11 days now.

Just keep bugging them until they do. Don't give up no matter how long it takes.

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Well, Ironically they sent me an email about 2 hours ago, with a long list of things to check...ie...NAT settings, Router Settings, IP addresses...etc, etc.

I'm trying to work through all this as we speak. I'll let you know what comes out of it. :)

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:13 PM Edited by elless777, 11 June 2014 - 07:16 PM.

Well, Ironically they sent me an email about 2 hours ago, with a long list of things to check...ie...NAT settings, Router Settings, IP addresses...etc, etc.

I'm trying to work through all this as we speak. I'll let you know what comes out of it. :)

Don't bother mate, not worth it, seriously. All you are going to do is waste your time.

I and many others have uninstalled the game and the updates and saved data.We have made sure the nat settings are ok and they are,

We have repaired corrupt data if their was any and also restored the library on the PS3.

Tried going online through the start/pause menu. Tried going straight online, none work.

Checked console storage capactiy and that's fine. Checked isp internet connections and they're fine.

Upgraded internet to 100 mb and still can't get online.

Checked ISP's nat setting and it doesn't even exist, it's a fully open bandwidth.

And a few other things that don't spring straight to mind right now.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME - DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP.

For me, the freezing started when they released the capture mode in the content creator.

Everything was fine until then.

This is rockstars problem - this is more than likely down to their servers and not enough memory or restrictions of some sort.

Either way, it is not us, it is not our consoles and it is not our copies of the game.

The only way I can see these problems that a lot of us have and are still having being sorted out, is if they take their fingers out of their ears, start listening to us,

and do something about their crappy servers or buy some more if memory is the problem.

A post someone made earlier in this thread about rockstars servers makes a lot of sense.

This information won't make the game work for you or anyone else but it WILL save you the waste of time that rockstar are causing you and the rest

of us that have a broken game now.

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:53 PM Edited by mambonutz, 11 June 2014 - 07:54 PM.

Thanks for saving me the aggravation then!

I didn't think it was my problem, but sometimes I start to second guess myself when sh*t goes funky.

Everything checks out with my system connections already, etc... and I didn't see how my router just suddenly crapped out in the middle of nowhere.

I will patiently wait and see what becomes of this via your thread...or other player responses elsewhere!

Thanks

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by elless777, 11 June 2014 - 08:31 PM.

No problem mate, glad I saved at least one person the aggro and frustratuion.

Hopefully rockstar WILL sort this but when...idk....

I'll rephrase that... not hopefully but rockstar HAS GOT TO sort this sh*t out

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

took them a month to respond to my problem, and they responded with totally irrelevant info about another issue and nothing to do with mine, so I wouldnt get your hopes up.

Incidentally what sort of connection speeds are you guys getting on your PS3 connection test?  mine are well below my actual connections ability, I assume because the ps3 is so old it cant handle that much speed.  i Have a 30+ meg fiber connection and the ps3 shows anywhere from 13-18 download and about 5 upload.

mambonutz
  • mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

The strange thing is, this morning I finally was able to use the 'Go' online feature...but when I spawned in, the room was completely empty.

So I did the usual and entered the 'Invite Only Session' to do some missions by myself. But, still got invites showing up for MP matches from others I didn't see....Strange

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Servers were f*cked last night/yesterday, got lots of unable to connect and server unavailable errors

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by elless777, 13 June 2014 - 03:13 PM.

My case so far has not been responded to, so I have now escalated it a bit and added a link to this thread, should Rockstar be interested

enough to read it.

Please keep voting, the thread has had nearly 900 views now, thanks for that and the 45 votes regarding the problems we are all having with

GTAO.

Btw..it would seem that the servers are off right now, or at least in my neck of the woods whuich is England.

Successfully got on 3 or 4 times the last few days, but the game ias still broken. Had to join a friend

who was already playing online. The game won't go online for me in any other way.

And that's a bit odd too, as in the last 2 months or so, since this started, the few times I did get on, it was by going direct, missing the story line.

So, the problem continues to exist - the freezing - but the gtao entry has changed in the rarity that it does.

Maybe, if any of you are having a siniliar problem, maybe you could try it yourself and then post your results here?

Here is how my support case is going with Rockstar so far.....

Request #2431653 Re: game freezing

• user_avatar.png
    Elless777 May 27, 2014 14:27

This is a follow-up to your previous request #2294515 "game freezing "

Your game is still freezing for me. Haven't even been able to get online once in the last 8 days or so.

Sort it out please. I am not the only one having this problem.

If you can't sort it out then give me my £50 back and I'll send you the disc.

• user_avatar.png
    Elless777 May 31, 2014 13:40

Hello?

• user_avatar.png
    Elless777 June 06, 2014 16:00

Still waiting.....6 days now.....

• user_avatar.png
    Elless777 Last Monday at 19:22

9 days and counting........

• user_avatar.png
    Elless777 Today at 15:53

So 2 weeks now and still no reply, thanks for that.

While I have been trying to talk to you, I have also been running a thread about the problems people are encountering with GTAO.

Hwere is the link.

http://gtaforums.com...s-whats-yours/#

It's had at the current time of writing this, 875 views and 54 reoplies.
    The thread has a poll regarding different issues or more and so far 45 pople have voted.

It's a shame more didn't, as it would have given a better picture but surely Rockstar...surely even ONE unhappy customer is ONE too many?

Didn't you make the game to make money and keep people interested??

Why do you persist iin sending everyone to any other possible problem EXCEPT you and your servers....

You must SURELY have engineers or programers that actualy play this game all the time and keep testing it?
    So you can find out about glitches / bugs / improvements etc?

So why can't you even say that people are doing this instead of ignoring me and some other people regarding these issues?

Please respond and please fix these issues, you have a lot of very unhyappy customers.

Regards

Elless777

Peace

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:23 AM Edited by sultangris, 14 June 2014 - 12:27 AM.

Ive had more problems connecting the last two days and not sure if it actually helps or not but try different way to go online.  Usually I use the press the down arrow and flick stick down to online player to launch which mostly always works, if it fails a couple times i move on to pressing start online and go, then invite only.  sometimes none of them work and i join via a friends invite.  This really only has affected me at times when they are updating the servers and everyones affected, which has been about a week before the DLC patches mostly. could simply be coincidence that after all other ways failed multiple times when i successfully joined the friends invite the servers just came back up. hard to say, but id give it all a shot, lol!

Constant connection problems are most likely caused on your end, but freezing plauges everyone to different degrees.

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

bump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users