Marvel/DC animated movies

7 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Now, this thread is probably pointless and will die in a matter of hours. But why not make it? At least a few people would discuss it.

Throughout my childhood, and many other people's childhoods... Marvel and DC have been the only source of interesting superhero animations.

For a huge chunk of my childhood. I remember plowing through my school day and coming home to watch Batman TAS and Spider-Man TAS (Not the old one with 8 million memes. The one after it)...

They weren't educational. They weren't made for child audiences. There were some pretty grim stuff in there... But I loved it. They shaped me as a person more than those educational shows telling me what to do and not to do ever did. And that's something that, if you notice, is really missing from today's media.

But even if TV shows wen't completely wimp and brain dead (Cough. Ultimate Spider-Man and Beware The Batman).

The animated straight-to-home-movies have been basically a nod to those.

Now... Marvel and DC fans can both agree that DC has Marvel beat when it comes to animated movies. They have a yearly release of awesome comic book plots or other.

While this year ...Marvel had ... Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United ...Which was laughably horrible.

Speaking of that. I think Disney has officially gone sellout mode. Frozen was by far the worst movie I have ever witnessed in my entire life (A bit of an exaggeration, but it was still awful)... And many other Disney films (Disney handled that Iron Man and Hulk movie) have been incredibly lazy and incredibly responsible for the brain dead generation that will one day rule.

Anyway... To kick off a discussion.. What comic book plot would you like to see as an animated movie? Doesn't have to be anything special.. Just what you want.

I would personally go for Deadpool VS Carnage.

It's not actually done... But so far the comics seem so high octane, so awesome, really funny (With a little bit of darkness. Carnage IS a serial killer... Very gruesome) that it's a really good example of Marvel stuff.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

I wanna see the Marvel Mangaverse get animated, wonder how that would turn out.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Batman: Year One and the Dark Knight Returns are both great.  I also really enjoyed Under the Red Hood, despite some of the omissions from the comics in these adaptations.

I'd love to see a Deadpool animated movie.  He's showed up a couple times in "Hulk vs." and Ultimate Spider-Man, but never in his own thing.  But If I'm going with a Cullen Bunn Deadpool movie, I'm going for a three parter in the Killogy.  Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, Deadpool Killustrated, and Deadpool Kills Deadpool.  Basically it's about how Deadpool realizes that he's a fictional character, and the only way to stop being forced to be who he is, is to kill all of the Marvel big shots, and end the comics.  It ends up being that he realizes that...

Spoiler

I think it would be fun to have in full animated form.

• krashr likes this

krashr
  • krashr

best

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

i would like to see some old school wolvie comic stories play out, in particular the magneto ripping the adamantium from his bones through his pores and his subsequent feral progression, leading to cyber having the adamantium eaten from his skin by nanobugs..

alternatively, i've always wanted to see a good live action re-telling of the age of apocalypse storyline, with evil cyclops, wolvie with one hand and happily banging jean..

i think they are mildly taking elements for the current "days of furure past" movie, and whilst i have been looking forward to sentinels for ages, i must admit that i've grown weary and bored with the way the xmen stories have been told of late. i didn't hate "first class", but my favourite scene in the whole movie was when xavier and eric walked into the bar and wolvie told them to go f*ck themselves.. never been a big fan of james mcavoy either for some reason, i think it stems from the fact he annoyed the crap out of me in "wanted"

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:52 PM

I wanna see the Marvel Mangaverse get animated, wonder how that would turn out.

Yeah but the Mangaverse, as it says in its own name, is a universe.

Would work better as a TV show. Although, I doubt it'd be that successful, as people would have a hard time keeping up with the normal universe and the mangaverse, as they're worlds apart (Pun intended)

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

Anyone here watch Son Of Batman? Is it as gorey as DC's other movies?

Is it more like Justice League War or Flashpoint Paradox?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by IDredMan, 25 June 2014 - 09:24 PM.

After having read the final comic in the Deadpool VS Carnage ...Thing.

I must say.. That HAS to be animated.

It features a lot of sweet symbiotes, not just Carnage. And it's got a fitting end, not the most action packed but I find it really good.

And I absolutely loved how they made Deadpool force Carnage into sort-of realizing he's a comic book character... His struggle and denial with that fact made this really interesting. Him thinking it's just hints and doing the exact opposite of what they're telling him. Him thinking they'll leave him alone eventually. Personally denying over and over again the fact that there's a writer and an artist that control his every action.

If Disney lets this get animated, I will love them forever. Not a single love for Disney will be lost. But too bad, it's extremely brutal. Heck, Carnage does things that are arguably more bloody/violent than the stuff in DC.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

Mostly likely the last post I make here due to the usual irrelevancy of this thread, since there aren't too many superhero animated movies.

I just watched Batman Assault On Arkham.

It was really good, I liked it. I liked Joker's heavy role in it, I thought he'd be on the side but no ..It was really enjoyable. Troy Baker definitely did good on the Joker part, never thought he would.

Didn't really like the Deadshot VS Joker subplot. It was very retarded and highly unnecessary. The Black Spider twist was very predictable.

But overall it was a good watch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users