Photo

Does anyone else feel guilty when

40 replies to this topic
Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:23 AM

You play GTA IV instead of V and enjoy it much more, even though it has tons more features and better graphics?
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

In a word, no.
  • Drunken Cowboy likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

gta iv has amazing features, even better than the ones in v in my opinion.. i dont see why do i need to feel bad about it. Playing IV afta V feels like a completely different game to me. Cool graphics didnt make up to the amazing physics and overall experience GTA IV offers. V is great, no doubt about it, but in my point of view, IV's make better at things left not so well done in V.
  • sqre likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:45 AM

NO

• sqre and Drunken Cowboy like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:45 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 22 May 2014 - 02:47 AM.

IV is such a great game. Even though San Andreas is still my favorite GTA, I feel that IV is truly a masterpiece, and I love it and enjoy it way more than V.

I never really disliked IV though. A lot of people gave it flak when it first released, but I loved it, and I still do to this day.

• sqre and Kevert like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:28 AM

Not at all. More features don't make a better game to me. It's the same reason I feel GTA IV destroys San Andreas aswell.

GTA IV has more of what I like in GTA game regardless if it doesn't have as much quantity.
  • Drunken Cowboy likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

I'm sick of saying how much better IV is compared to V. I almost wish V was still delayed so it could be released as a full or at least half full package, and the IV community would be back in full swing. I think VI will blow V out of the water.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

No, I hate GTA V with a passion... 

GTA IV will always be my favorite over this game anytime.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

I'm sick of saying how much better IV is compared to V. I almost wish V was still delayed so it could be released as a full or at least half full package, and the IV community would be back in full swing. I think VI will blow V out of the water.

No, since V made more money and got better reception than IV , VI will follow its style and every GTA game following it.:(

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

No, I hate GTA V with a passion... 

GTA IV will always be my favorite over this game anytime.

I don't hate GTA V (or dislike it for that matter). It's a good game, but GTA IV just has something about it..that magic you know?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:34 AM Edited by Shoumic, 22 May 2014 - 09:34 AM.

You play GTA IV instead of V and enjoy it much more, even though it has tons more features and better graphics?

Why would one feel guilty? It's a video game. 

@SonofLiberty

I don't know.  :dontgetit:

• am30 likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

No, it's only a game.  Should I feel guilty when I play Metal Gear Solid V instead of GTA?

Both IV and V are great games for different reasons - IV has the better story and a lot of the missions are better, V has better graphics and in-game physics.  Kind of balance each other out for me.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Personally I'm just amazed to see how many fans of IV have surfaced more frequently ever since V came out.
By that I mean people who would describe about the things that they remembered or 'felt' while playing IV, little intricate details that they will explain in short sentences or large paragraphs, describing the mood and atmosphere of both the game and the ways they relate to it.

Back in 2008 such comments weren't frequent at all!

So it'll be interesting to see the situation returning for fans of V once VI comes out.

Voggs
  • Voggs

Just like the white winged dove

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

What? Why feel guilty? We're not tied to like and play GTA V every time just because is the latest installment. I'm still playing and enjoying IV, my favorite GTA protagonist and favorite story are there. I like both games.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

I dont see why anyone should feel guilty for liking a game over another game. At the end of the day it's all just about personal preference.

• The Odyssey and Im2akillerfish like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:16 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 23 May 2014 - 06:24 AM.

Personally I'm just amazed to see how many fans of IV have surfaced more frequently ever since V came out.
By that I mean people who would describe about the things that they remembered or 'felt' while playing IV, little intricate details that they will explain in short sentences or large paragraphs, describing the mood and atmosphere of both the game and the ways they relate to it.

So it'll be interesting to see the situation returning for fans of V once VI comes out.

Yeah this is something that bugs me sometimes as well. If this thread was made before V and about the OP enjoying IV more than SA he would have got a ton of hate but the more GTA IV fans fake or not the better for SOL. :p

Seriously speaking though, V is a lot more liked than some people think. Especially outside this forum for some reason but I don't care anymore honestly I could not give a damn if someone is pretending to hate the game or love GTA IV. I enjoy GTA and I love the whole series and nobody can change that and that is all I care about.

crazybe
  • crazybe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

So if i play GTAIII i'm guilty 100% ?

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

No.

GTA IV have more interesting fighting mechanics, the shooting is more fun, the car physics is more realistic despite the poor tractions. The city feels more alive and there is much more buildings to enter.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

I think it comes down to personal preference, like Hodgey said.

For me, I prefer IV because it's based in a 'normal' city with far more likeable people. V's story is depicted in a very typical Los Angeles fashion, full of the kind of people I can't stand. Shallow, vain, materialistic, fake people, annoying and untalented celebrities etc. Feel the same way, although to a slightly lesser extent, about GTA San Andreas.

Liberty City just felt more 'real' for me, more honest and less pretentious. Not to mention the characters were far more engaging and believable.

And before I get abuse hurled at me by the V fanboys, I like GTA V, I play SP and Online every other day.

GTA IV isn't a step back, it's a trip down memory lane.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

GTA IV isn't a step back, it's a trip down memory lane.

"Welcome to Memory Lanes, please choose a lane".;)
  • Aaron030792 and Voggs like this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

:lol: Damn, I wanna go bowling now. :D

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Yeah this is something that bugs me sometimes as well. If this thread was made before V and about the OP enjoying IV more than SA he would have got a ton of hate but the more GTA IV fans fake or not the better for SOL. :p

Seriously speaking though, V is a lot more liked than some people think. Especially outside this forum for some reason but I don't care anymore honestly I could not give a damn if someone is pretending to hate the game or love GTA IV. I enjoy GTA and I love the whole series and nobody can change that and that is all I care about.
To be honest I can understand why most IV fans may have been turned off by this forum in 2008.

There were those (such as myself) that braved the nuclear fallout so to speak and faced it head on. I've always said this forum in 2008 wasn't a very nice place to be. Hell even nowadays IV still gets its fair share of hate and still isn't well liked outside of this forum. So it's not really the 180 flip those such as Woggleman claim.

I've always felt that IV has had a fairly large fanbase. It's just most people who loved the game in the day were probably either too busy playing it not to care to visit any forums or couldn't be bothered with the petulant whining from (mostly) SA fanboys.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

I think the love for IV came from the PC people mostly (like me for instance) I don't know why maybe because of the mods or what I am not sure. But that is what I have noticed, the number of console gamers that like IV are very low.

I think Rockstar themselves are responsible for IV's rather mediocre reception. San Andreas was the predecessor and naturally everyone expected IV to build on it ("build" in the sense add more features to the already existing features) unfortunately it was targeted at a very small audience. People who love attention to detail. The same goes for Mafia II, the attention to detail in that game is mind blowing yet nearly everyone I know hates it but I personally enjoyed it.

I also believe that the Hot Coffee incident influenced IV largely. GTA IV is basically a reflection of the mood in Rockstar's office at that time. Rockstar went through a lot of sh*t that time, the hot coffee mod being one and the other reasons being that the PS3 had incredibly complex hardware which affected IV a lot. (Again similar to Mafia II which had a inferior PS3 version) and EA wanted to buy Take-two as well so you can imagine how it was at that time and I think it is an achievement they managed to release it at all. IV would have been a very different game had these factors not been there.

So yeah like you said people still hate IV. 90% of the fanbase resides within the III Era and it isn't hard to see why really but it is still a shame that many people didn't appreciate this game for what it was.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

I love GTA IV so much I've actually had 3 versions of it. The launch version I got on PS3 and traded in a couple years later. In 2010 I bought a pre-owned 360 version which I still have and I bought the Complete Edition on PS3 last year.

IV is the only game I've finished on 360 and PS3. I've never got around to playing the PC version though.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:58 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 23 May 2014 - 09:00 AM.

You're better off not getting it for PC, it's horribly optimized. I know some people these days can run it fine but since you already own it for console no point buying it again on a platform that has a ton of problems.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

You're better off not getting it for PC, it's horribly optimized. I know some people these days can run it fine but since you already own it for console no point buying it again on a platform that has a ton of problems.

No DO buy it for the PC if you have one that can handle it, with the right mods it's a totally different game.

albanyave
  • albanyave

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

No guilt here. GTA IV is just one of those games that will always appeal to me.  I can drive around Liberty and Alderney imagining a particular character could be at a particular location and it will feel so real, so expected. 

To be honest, I haven't gotten to that point with V yet.  V is not an awful game it just didn't grab me from the start like IV did.  I can still feel the memory of Niko coming to Liberty City at night on that huge cargo ship with all kinds of stuff happening on board.  Dave getting beat by that half dressed woman,  the cook baking dimonds inside a cake, and of course Hasaan telling Niko about this crazy place called Liberty City.

No guilt here.

• kvic and Aaron030792 like this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

God, I have so many memories of GTA IV. I was like 11 when it came out (I'm now 17) and I played the f*ck out of the game. I remember I ended up buying the game multiple times because I kept moving the xbox while I was playing lol. I spent like all of my 11th birthday money on one game. I remember rushing home from school every day so I could play and lying to my father about doing my homework so I could play on party mode with my friends. I remember exploring the Majestic Hotel or f*cking around in the airport or finding a Sultan RS. I remember becoming a pro at the helicopters and doing the swingset glitch and sh*t. I remember me and my friends going on to lobbies in TLAD and all of us getting bikes and riding around in formation and f*cking everything up. Or firing 10000000 rockets down on enemies. I remember going into friendly free roam, getting an RPG and shooting like 8 of them at one person just to kill them. Damn.....time flies by when you're having fun. I feel like just yesterday, I was 10 years old and wet my pants because I was so hyped for GTA IV lol. 

• drunk mcreardy likes this

drunk mcreardy
  • drunk mcreardy

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

No guilt here. GTA IV is just one of those games that will always appeal to me.  I can drive around Liberty and Alderney imagining a particular character could be at a particular location and it will feel so real, so expected. 

To be honest, I haven't gotten to that point with V yet.  V is not an awful game it just didn't grab me from the start like IV did.  I can still feel the memory of Niko coming to Liberty City at night on that huge cargo ship with all kinds of stuff happening on board.  Dave getting beat by that half dressed woman,  the cook baking dimonds inside a cake, and of course Hasaan telling Niko about this crazy place called Liberty City.

No guilt here.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I feel guilty when I start GTA V instead of GTA IV. Which doesn't happen often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users